• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode V Attack of the Fanons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't exactly see how that'd be Multi-City Block level, either. Also, hotter than a sun can mean its corona, surface, core, etc.

I don't exactly see how that'd be Multi-City Block level, either. Also, hotter than a sun can mean its corona, surface, core, etc.
Hotter than the surface of the sun is a far more common analogy used in fiction than just saying Hotter than the Sun, an author using the sun in general terms implies they are talking about the part of the Sun that emphasizes heat the most.

That could be the case, but it's a little too vague and assumptive.

Anyway, how would it be Multi-City Block level+, exactly? We'd need to apply a calculation if this is accurate.

Last edited:
@Js250476
I watched the latest Bad Batch episode "Rampage". In it we see that the Rancor Muchi is definitely around 9-A in physical strength. But she has trouble breaking out of a cage they had kept her in. Just goes to show that this galaxy has some pretty strong materials, which makes sense as to why blasters don't destroy everything they hit (that and power settings).

@Shadowbokunohero
Do you have a link to that Rian Johnson interview where he says that Snoke's lightning behaves like natural lightning? He was asked about why Snoke's lightning goes into the metal ground first and then into Kylo Ren.

Could be more evidence supporting Force Lightning being natural lightning.

Of course, there is also Palpatine's Force Lightning in TROS instantly travelling hundreds or even thousands of kilometres.

her force lighting being described as being hotter than a Sun.
Natural lighting itself can be 30,000 Kelvin. That's 5 times the temperature of the sun's surface.

That probably wouldn't be Multi-City Block level. The durability calculation (I'm assuming that's where you're getting this figure from) uses things like the convection on human skin and other forms of radiation. Lightning itself actually has a far greater temperature than the sun's surface, so the quote could very well be comparing it to cloud-to-ground lightning (something that's confirmed in the Dooku script/novel).
Yeah. And there is also the Dark Disciple novel, where Dooku's Force Lightning inflicts injuries on Ventress that are identical to what is seen in natural lightning strike victims (this was brought up in the thread discussing Force Lightning being natural lightning).

^ This.

Anyway, how would it be Multi-City Block level+, exactly? We'd need to apply a calculation if this is accurate.
It might not be Multi-City Block+ based on what you told me, but I think it's worth Calcing.
I'm not fond of the idea that the entire verse is scaling off of only 1 feat, so if we can find other feats the better.

Ok.

MCB is fairly consistent, actually. We have non-calculated feats, Ahsoka destroying the ice wall, and Starfighter ratings (ANH Vader scales to AT-ATs, which scale above many City Block level and Multi-City Block level feats).

Last edited:
@Js250476
I watched the latest Bad Batch episode "Rampage". In it we see that the Rancor Muchi is definitely around 9-A in physical strength. But she has trouble breaking out of a cage they had kept her in. Just goes to show that this galaxy has some pretty strong materials, which makes sense as to why blasters don't destroy everything they hit (that and power settings).

@Shadowbokunohero
Do you have a link to that Rian Johnson interview where he says that Snoke's lightning behaves like natural lightning? He was asked about why Snoke's lightning goes into the metal ground first and then into Kylo Ren.

Could be more evidence supporting Force Lightning being natural lightning.

Of course, there is also Palpatine's Force Lightning in TROS instantly travelling hundreds or even thousands of kilometres.

Natural lighting itself can be 30,000 Kelvin. That's 5 times the temperature of the sun's surface.

Yeah. And there is also the Dark Disciple novel, where Dooku's Force Lightning inflicts injuries on Ventress that are identical to what is seen in natural lightning strike victims (this was brought up in the thread discussing Force Lightning being natural lightning).

^ This.
Nice that makes sense with such an advanced technology and materials they have access to it makes sense to me some would be really tough to break.

Durasteel itself is just a stronger and seemingly more versatile steel alloy.

I love this video.

Nice that makes sense with such an advanced technology and materials they have access to it makes sense to me some would be really tough to break.
Their normal swords are also tough as heck. There is a scene from TCW where Hondo cuts apart a horde of B1 battle droids with a normal cutlass (which is just the most badass space-pirate thing ever) and a similar scene from one of the Canon comics (don't remember which issue) where a bounty hunter cuts through Beilert Valance's armour with a normal machete (dude is easily 9-A physically).

Durasteel itself is just a stronger and seemingly more versatile steel alloy.
Yeah, but it needs a special ore to make, apparently.

I'm more fascinated with Transparisteel. It's a transparent metal alloy that can be blaster proof.

xbDR8SOkhDBfF7w_9j-_YdAcEqRB46Zxhb4RWaLxL8ydlyGLo4VuTy5W2WWQri_3HXt3qMnTwiRV_QwlPXfeO42PFjsaLZhpCfzcTuXSIfSjYZG5mf7O9xExnu7_Nd2pE7AgAagv8g=s1600

also it's been years but I think we should Prob put to rest the idea that Force users cant use Mind Manip during battle.

Wasn't it excepted that it is in character for most jedi to want to use mind Manipulation to avoid fights?

I'm getting Cad Bane flashbacks.

There hasn't been any crazy mind-hax showings has there? I remember Ezra mind tricking 2 stormtroopers, so initiates/padawans should scale above him.

tbf I dont think the Cad Bane thing is an anti feat for the Jedi, some species just seems to be more resistant inherently.

some good feats I can think of.

Luke Resisting the screaming Citadel stuff where the planet was controlled by a hivemind.

Kylo and Rey tearing into each other's minds constantly while they fight

Sidious telling a giant Lovecraftian monster to commit suicide.

Ferren Barr used the mind trick on two of his jedi students.

Trust Sidious to do such a thing. That Luke feat sounds impressive. Was the hivemind controlling an entire world? If so, what stage of his training was Luke going through?

Also, I'm not sure if this was brought up previously but how I Canon lifitng Strength looking?

I'm getting Cad Bane flashbacks.

There hasn't been any crazy mind-hax showings has there? I remember Ezra mind tricking 2 stormtroopers, so initiates/padawans should scale above him.
Vader once attempted to completely mind **** the Kakran rock people elders - a whole bunch of them.

Palpatine once almost mind ****** ROTJ Luke (this was just before ROTJ) while Palpatine himself was on Coruscant and Luke was deep in the Outer Rim.

tbf I dont think the Cad Bane thing is an anti feat for the Jedi, some species just seems to be more resistant inherently.

some good feats I can think of.

Luke Resisting the screaming Citadel stuff where the planet was controlled by a hivemind.

Kylo and Rey tearing into each other's minds constantly while they fight

Sidious telling a giant Lovecraftian monster to commit suicide.

Ferren Barr used the mind trick on two of his jedi students.
Yeah, Luke was able to resist a hive-mind that had a city's worth of population under control. That was mad impressive, especially considering that was Luke just after ANH.

Ferren Barr also mind tricked a group of Elite Fett clones to carry out Order 66 against a few Inquisitors. That was supremely badass.

That’s really cool to know I usually hear canon mind hax isn’t to great but these are most impressive to see.

That’s really cool to know I usually hear canon mind hax isn’t to great but these are most impressive to see.
Post ANH Luke resisted a hive mind queen which had a city's population under her control. That Palpatine almost mind ****** a vastly more powerful version of this Luke on par with Vader is a good showing for the old fart.

At the top of the arc, Saba released her lightsaber and raked her claws down in a vicious one-two slash, the first strike opening her prey's face from temple to jaw, the second strike slicing an eye apart.
- Dark Nest I: The Joiner King
Bruh imagine if you were a Jedi padawan and Saba was your master.

Just when I thought the star wars fandom couldn't get more screwed up, I end up reading a very enlightening, but troubling article.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back