• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode V Attack of the Fanons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a severe and continuous lapse in my judgement, and I don’t expect to be forgiven.

Something I might get banned for. I derailed a vs thread by explicitly vebting my hate for giorno. Wouldn't be surprised if I got the ban hammer. Probably should.

Yeah we should keep this star wars related.

What do you guys think of explaining the tiers of SW characters like "9-B with Force augmentation. 5-B with the Force?

What I meant was I thought it was a SW joke, or something.

They've fought 9-A monsters in TCW. Also, they can withstand comparable attacks and damage each other. Force augmentation is just inconsistent.

Something I might get banned for. I derailed a vs thread by explicitly vebting my hate for giorno. Wouldn't be surprised if I got the ban hammer. Probably should.
You've been reasonable and helpful so far. If you get a staff member to vouch for you in this regard, it might help. However, this would reflect poorly when being judged if you make any further such offences.

What I meant was I thought it was a SW joke, or something.

They've fought 9-A monsters in TCW. Also, they can withstand comparable attacks and damage each other. Force augmentation is just inconsistent.
^ This.

It's confusing.

Sometimes you have Force users walking away unscathed from a near direct hit from a missile that can destroy shuttles with City Block+ to Multiple City Block durability (Aayla Secura & Mace Windu in Son of Dathomir) and other times you have them struggling with monsters that are 8-C at best.

Ok. Would a "Varies " be more accurate? It's what we do with IDW transformers.
Hmm... :unsure:

Due to the inconsistency of power levels within IDW Transformers, we tier them the following way:

Varies. At most 7-B to At least High 6-A.

The reason for this is how different writers portray the powers of Cybertronians differently. In star wars, it's not just the writers, but different mediums too.

I don't think it's needed, tbh.

Also, the thing with IDW characters was that it was far easier to split up (I know, because I was the one who made/participated in some of those CRTs).

I see. So we should just chalk it up to Plot inconsistencies?
^ This.

Even within the same medium and with the same writers, there is a great deal of inconsistency.

In TCW for example, you have Anakin struggling with lone Gundarks while fully healthy but also single-handedly destroying entire battalions of battle droids (including three tanks) when seriously injured.

In Rebels, you have Kanan (at that point a fully fledged Jedi Knight) struggling against a class of opponent that untrained Jedi Younglings have overwhelmed (albeit Kanan was caught by surprise).

fantastic video

👍

E6eSSb6.png

The Fact that two creatives from star wars actually have at least 1 thing in the Top 5 highest rated TV show episodes is Pretty neat.

would love to See a Rian and Filoni co write and Direct a Film.

E6eSSb6.png

The Fact that two creatives from star wars actually have at least 1 thing in the Top 5 highest rated TV show episodes is Pretty neat.

To be fair, it's all relative. The standards to which we hold The Clone Wars and other children/young adult TV shows are different to adult TV shows such as Bojack Horseman or The Wire, which is, in my opinion, the best TV show ever made even though none of its episodes is a 10/10 or a 9.9/10.

It's also completely subjective. I really think it's impossible to make an objective value judgement.

E6eSSb6.png

Yeah it’s really great to see appreciation for them. Filoni writing a movie would be really nice

Last edited:
I tried thinking I was a mathematician and I'm pretty sure I failed horribly.

I attempted to calculate the speed of the Chimeara (Thrawn's ship in legends) and got 7,664,366,688,000.613 metres per second. That's like 25000 times the speed of light.

Your calc is right, then. There's some way faster stuff in Star Wars, though.

Edit: I think it's supposed to be a Class 0.4 Hyperdrive, so it's relatively unimpressive.
  • It took the Chimaera nearly five days at its Point Four cruising speed to cover the three hundred fifty light-years between Myrkr and Wayland. But that was all right, because it took the engineers nearly that long to come up with a portable frame that would both support and nourish the ysalamiri.
Edit 2: The Thrawn Trilogy apparently uses a reverse system where higher numbers are faster. It's about the speed of an X-wing (travelling about 26,000 SoL, so that's super consistent).
  • It wasn't good. Luke's reverse-triggering of the acceleration compensator had caused an unanticipated feedback surge into both hyperdrive motivators—not enough to fry them on the spot, but scorching them badly enough to cause sudden failure ten minutes into their escape. At the Point Four the ship had been doing at the time, that translated into approximately half a light-year of distance. Just for good measure, the same power surge had also completely crystallized the subspace radio antenna.

Last edited:
Hyperdrive speeds in Canon actually appear to be faster. Class 2 hyperdrive equipped vessels are seemingly this fast:

There are also the times when warships with this class of or Class 1 hyperdrives cover humongous distances in what seems like only hours.

Though this is contradicted in Thrawn: Treason, where the Chimaera (which should also have a Class 2 hyperdrive) shows hyperspace speeds closer to what @ByAsura and @Abu2411 have calculated above.

It's not just canon, to be honest. In Legends, they commonly move tens of millions of times faster than light with Class 2, 3 and 4 Hyperdrives. Timothy Zhan's Hyperdrives are just weird, which seems to be pretty common amongst 90s Star Wars stories like the DE audios.

Last edited:
someone calced a new hope Falcon being around 25,000 light years per day.

that's not accounting for the ship Rose and Finn take in TLJ which was covering nearly one point of the galaxy to another in less than 16 years.

Doesn't Luke have a feat of navigating through Hyperspace with no assistance? Wouldn't that give him Massively FTL+ reaction speed?

Doesn't Luke have a feat of navigating through Hyperspace with no assistance? Wouldn't that give him Massively FTL+ reaction speed?
I don't remember this feat of Luke's from Canon. At best he has interstellar range (this is just after New Hope) for sensing enemies in real-space while he was in hyperspace several light-years away. However, Vader has navigated through hyperspace with no assistance in Thrawn: Alliances. It's also the literal job description of Chiss Skywalkers.

:ROFLMAO:

I don't remember this feat of Luke's from Canon. At best he has interstellar range (this is just after New Hope) for sensing enemies in real-space while he was in hyperspace several light-years away. However, Vader has navigated through hyperspace with no assistance in Thrawn: Alliances. It's also the literal job description of Chiss Skywalkers.

:ROFLMAO:
Oh, I meant Anakin Skywalker.

Kylo is such an underrated punching bag.
going through his feats, his endurance is absolutely Ridiculous.
Do you have the feats? I like endurance feats because I like to see people in pain.

there's quite a few, The most Obvious one is his TFA feat but one overlooked one is in TROS. The Novelization describes the Knights of Ren cracking Kylo's skull and crushing his abdomen, this is all before he gets his life energy sucked out of him, lifted and then flung off a major spikey cliff where he goes onto break his ribs, he then proceeds to climb out of that cliff and still have the energy to revive Rey.

also earlier in the film he just walks casually out of his Tie fighter that exploded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back