• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Yet Another Star Wars Revision Thread (Canon)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldier_Blue

VS Battles
Retired
Before we proceed:

• Spoiler Warning for The Last Jedi film.
  • I'm highlighting this since it's a major revision.
  • I would like to point out that I typed up all this shit while half asleep and with a cold plus raging headache. So forgive me for any mistakes and if the matter below looks like a bloody mess.
  • You'll see the term "near-human" being used a few times below. This is an in-universe term that refers to non-human alien species whose biology and physical prowess in general are nearly identical to that of humans (with a few differences). Examples of near-human alien species: Dathomirian Zabrak, Iridonian Zabrak, Twi'lek, Togruta, Mirialan, Umbaran, Pantoran, Chiss, Kiffar.
Okay let's get on with this.

This revision is divided into two parts. I've put it in collapsed text below.

(I) Jedi/Sith combat speeds & reflexes are literally lightning quick:

Per a couple of calc done by Kepekley23, we've seen Mach 400 to 700 feats from the likes of Obi-Wan Kenobi and Count Dooku as well as a Mach 2,400 feat from Mace Windu.

Here be the calcs:

The Mach 400 to 700 feats.

The Mach 2,400 feat.

Thread where Force Lightning being as fast as natural lightning was discussed.

Basically, the Disney Canon Jedi & Sith and other strong Force Adepts will get [Subsonic movement speeds and MHS to MHS+ combat speeds & reactions augmented by precognition] in place of what we have at present.

Now on one of Kepekley's blogs, I mentioned that Windu's feat would not scale to everyone. Now I said that because I was then of the opinion that we should scale Windu's MHS+ feat only to Yoda and Palpatine (no explanation needed) as well as Mother Talzin (she has traded blows with Windu and is just below Sidious in power). But then I remembered that Dooku faced off against Yoda and Maul briefly faced off against Windu and Palpatine by himself (though he obviously got the crap kicked out of him in the latter case).

So I guess it might be okay to scale Force Adepts at strong Jedi Master level and Jedi High Council member level to the MHS+ feat? This would scale to Grievous as well obviously since he can keep up with combatants of such level (such as Ventress, who is quite swift herself) and overpower the likes of Padawan Ahsoka (who can only put up a defensive effort against him).

Now the question is: How do we treat the Knight level and other characters lower on the power scale (such as Kanan and Padawan Ahsoka) as well as the IG-100 MagnaGuards? Do we also give them MHS+ combat speeds & reflexes or do we give them just MHS (scaling from the Mach 400 to 700 feat from the AOTC film) as a nice and safe low end estimate?

Summary of proposed revision:

Force Adepts on strong Jedi Master & High Council member level: Subsonic movement speed with MHS+ combat speeds & reactions augmented by precognition. Grievous would also scale to this (minus the precognition thing of course).

Force Adepts on Kanan Jarrus level and below: Subsonic movement speed with MHS combat speeds & reactions augmented by precognition.

(II) Star Wars "peak human and near-human" characters upgrade:

In case you people have missed it, Hera Syndulla is now 9-B for managing to twice contend with Rukh in hand to hand combat and somewhat hurt him. The guy was 100% fine after being hurled into a rock formation with enough force to put large cracks in it.

Then you have Kallus and Thrawn, both of whom scale from Zeb, who himself scales from adult male Trandoshans and Wookiees. By the way, if you're wondering how far into 9-B Kallus, Thrawn, Zeb, and adult male Trandoshans are, they scale from a 6.7 Megajoule feat which was performed by Chewbacca (when he was poisoned and on the brink of losing consciousness). So that's pretty far into 9-B.

What's that? How does Zeb scale from Wookies?

In Star Wars Rebels Season 4, it's been made clear that Zeb can fight evenly against a large adult male Trandoshan. And large adult male Trandoshans (not the smaller ones) can contend with healthy adult male Wookies in hand to hand combat. And that 6.7 Megajoule striking strength feat was performed by Chewbacca, who is noted to be of average to below average size among adult male Wookies in the canon Smuggler's Run novel, while he was poisoned and on the brink of losing consciousness.

Moving on…

So that's already a fairly decent collection of "peak human and near-human" characters being 9-B.

Now a lot of people would scale from Hera being 9-B. It obviously scales to Sabine, who should not be weaker than Hera. It would also scale to pretty much every Mandalorian warrior. Now Mandalorian armour is bloody tough. It's tough enough to allow them to withstand being blasted into a wall with enough force to put a large crack in said wall (as we saw in one episode of The Clone Wars). Then you have Boba Fett's helmet being only dented by a glancing shot from one of Cad Bane's LL-30 blaster pistols (which have a 9-A feat of their own). And Fenn Rau once knocked out a Mandalorian from clan Wren (in full armour) with a punch to the face (well his helmet covered face). So that's some consistency at least for 9-B or higher Mandalorians.

Now here's my question: Do we consider Hera's 9-B thing legit and scale a shit tonne of characters in this verse to 9-B? Or do we consider it plot induced stupidity or outlier? Well you see, there be more 9-B "peak human and near-human" characters.

So who else scales to 9-B then?

The Imperial Army has a Stormtrooper division known as SCAR Troopers (Special Commando Advanced Recon). There is one SCAR task force under the 501st Legion (Vader's Fist) called Task Force 99 and two of their members stand out. Zuke (species still unknown but near-human) has fought evenly against Chewbacca. And Kreel (unidentified near-human alien species) should be at least comparable to Zuke. Kreel has actually been trained in lightsaber combat by Vader himself, can deflect blaster bolts, and has gone up against Luke in lightsaber combat. And he's not even Force sensitive!

The bounty hunter Dengar. He has taken a blow from a very angry healthy Chewbacca (who, just to remind you again, has a 6.7 Megajoule striking strength feat when poisoned and on the brink of losing consciousness). And he's also punched Chewie through a wall and taken another blow from him (albeit Chewie was drugged and injured). Dengar has also survived a grenade explosio. This was old Dengar mind you, not Clone Wars era Dengar (where he was in his physical prime). So he should be 9-B as well.

Mercurial Swift, another human bounty hunter, can contend with Dengar in hand to hand combat.

Jas Emari, a female Zabrak bounty hunter, also scales (she can hurt Mercurial Swift).

So that's more 9-B humans in Star Wars.

Does Boba Fett scale? I don't see why he shouldn't. Dengar has worked with Fett and the two are considered rivals. And Boba should absolutely not be weaker than Mercurial Swift and Jas Emari. Boba has also ripped off the arm of some large six-armed alien humanoid in a canon comic (which I think is 9-B). This of course means that Jango and all the clones of the Grand Army of the Republic scale. Even if they don't (using the argument that Boba is presented as far superior to the other clones in The Clone Wars animated series), Clone Commandos at least should scale as they are significantly tougher than the other clones (even the ARC troopers).

And now we get to:

Spoiler Zone Right Here. You have been warned.

In the novelization for The Force Awakens, Phasma says even a Wookie can't crush First Order Stormtrooper armour. Now this is proven to be not 100% true just a moment later when Chewbacca knocks out a Stormtrooper with a single powerful slap. But… I do believe there is some truth to this as First Order Stormtrooper armour is pretty high in quality and not too far off from that of the ARC Troopers. Then there is the matter of Phasma's own custom armour. It's made from the metal armour plating of the Imperialis, a space yacht which once belonged to Palpatine. That stuff is though. A shot from an SE-44C blaster pistol (which is a powerful heavy blaster pistol and is thus 9-A) just bounced off her chest plate. This couldn't have been a function of normal plastoid composite as they are designed to absorb the energy of blaster bolts. No, the shot just bounced off Phasma's metal chest plate. This puts Phasma's armour in the same league of durability as the Mandalorian Gar Saxon's gauntlets, which were able to take a shot from a DL-44 heavy blaster pistol.

Towards the end of their duel in one of the hangars of the Supremacy, Finn manages to shatter a portion of Phasma's helmet with a single blow from a Z6 riot control baton, the same one which FN-2199 beat the crap out of Finn with on Takodana. Now FN-2199 was bloodlusted and First Order Stormtroopers are trained to not hold back (they're even noted to be a little too enthusiastic about killing in the canon Poe Dameron comics). So I think we can all agree that it was an all out blow. The fact that Finn's rib cage wasn't bloody crushed by that is impressive.

What's that? I should get to the bloody point already?

Okay then…

What I'm porposing is 9-B to 9-A durability for Finn. He took a blow from a Z6 riot control baton to the chest from someone with physical prowess comparable to his own. Now he himself shattered Phasma's impressively tough armour with a blow from the exact same model of weapon. So we know that blow from FN-2199 must have been in the ballpark of 9-B to 9-A. First Order Stormtroopers are regularly made to spar with each other. FN-2199 and FN-2187 (Finn) were rivals. So 9-B to 9-A AP and durability for Finn, FN-2199, Phasma, and Cardinal (he is comparable to Phasma).

So… Is that consistent enough 9-B or higher "peak human and near-human" characters in Star Wars (Disney Canon)?

Summary of who would scale to 9-B or higher if accepted:

Sabine Wren

Mandalorian Journeyman Protectors (such as Fenn Rau) and Death Watch members

Dengar

Mercurial Swift (can contend with Dengar)

Jas Emari (can hurt Mercurial Swift)

Jango and Boba Fett (should not be weaker than Dengar, Mercurial Swift, Jas Emari)

The Fett Clones of the Grand Army of the Republic (scaling from their daddy and their brother who ages normally) and if not all of them, at least the Clone Commandos.

Finn, FN-2199, Rey in Force Awakens before her latent powers awakened, Phasma, Cardinal.

Other implications: Could possibly scale to all Jedi/Sith without Force augmentation/amplification. We already have a Force adept with a 9-A durability feat so...

Right. I'm sick and tired. Going to go take a nap.

Proceed with the discussions and please be civil.

The range of weapons of Star Destroyers is really pathetic in this episode. Star Trek ships would hilariously outrange them and destroy without any problems. They need just to keep the distance.

Jockey-1337 said:
The range of weapons of Star Destroyers is really pathetic in this episode. Star Trek ships would hilariously outrange them and destroy without any problems. They need just to keep the distance.
A lot of things about the battles in this film made very little sense. Not just compared to other verses but other battles in the same Canon (such as the novels Thrawn, Aftermath: Empire's End, Catalyst, etc). I could write a long ass essay about them.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but from what I hear, it's not bad, but it's not as good as people are saying it is.

Also, I was thinking that the movement speed should be Hypersonic due to the Anakin feat. Or for that matter, should we even keep it? Since it doesn't even matter? It's like Warhammer characters being MFTL+ with Subsonic movement.

The movie was definitely very good. Very enjoyable. But better than Empire Strikes Back? Nope!

Well they do have consistent Subsonic running speed feats. Ezra running after the Ghost, Kanan briefly keeping up with an ITT, Anakin chasing after some speeder bike (they have top speeds ranging from 160 to 360 km/hr), Plo Koon matching some jetpack using clones, I think Luke has a Subsonic movement speed feat in Weapon of a Jedi, Qui-Gon and Kenobi running at such speeds that they were a blur (which should be at least 89 m/s according to the OBD's standards).

There is a calculation that puts Canon Laser Weaponry at Mach 7,000. I could copy the blog from NF to you guys. It's more evidence of MHS+ Jedi and Sith.

So I was getting caught up with the canon Poe Dameron comics. Found more evidence in support of 7-A proton torpedoes and concussion missiles. Helps provide some consistency.

Long Story Short: We see a T-70 X-wing vaporize a few hundred metre wide asteroid. Results should be in higher end of 7-B (City level+) to solid 7-A (Large City level).

Matthew Schroeder said:
There is a calculation that puts Canon Laser Weaponry at Mach 7,000. I could copy the blog from NF to you guys. It's more evidence of MHS+ Jedi and Sith.
Didn't one of our calc group members - I think it was AidenBrooks - once reject them?

I agree with these revisions.

IMO, Finn, TFA!Rey, FN-2199 and Phasma would be either "9-B, likely 9-A" or just outright 9-A, while everyone else is 9-B for the aforementioned feats.

what about characters such as Jyn, Leia, Lando etc. even if they don't qualify for 9-B they should for 9-C at the minimum.

Death Troopers are "peak human" and given further augmentations to make them "more than human". We can scale them to other 9-B humans and near-humans. This means Saw would scale of course.

PS: I forgot to put this in the OP but commando droids will also get a 9-B rating with physical strikes.

Yeah agreed commando droids would definitely be 9b. K2s0 would probably be 9b+ to 9a?

Also we're only using MHS+ for force users on council level right?

PS Boba should probably be just MHS if so as he's more on the level of force adepts

I know I'm going to get a lot of hate but there is no way we should scale Snoke from Sidious or Vader via statements from Andi "Snoke's" actor who said Snoke was more powerful than both Vader and Sidious..if you have seen the movie then you should know that this was more than likely bait to trick the audience. At best we can scale him from Kylo and Rey which he is superior to, so 7-C to 7-B likely far higher or we could just rate him unknown until he get's some sort of novel where he has statements and feats

Those statements are nonsese.

Rey's actress said she is stronger than everyone and Andi Serkis said that Snoke is stronger than everyone but both are shit-tier.

Rey does telekinetically stalemate Kylo Ren, so she'd at least scale to him.

Snoke scaling to Sidious is nonsense.

what about The Elite Praetorian Guards?

I was thinking 9-A with MHS speeds

but I actually don't know this time

The Elite Praetorian Guards matched Kylo and Rey, but I'm always dubious on non-Force-Sensitives scaling to Force-Sensitives.

I actually agree with the proposed praetorian scaling. They were good but they still were defeated pretty quickly so not MHS+.

I mean two force sensitives having trouble, along with the fact that one of them overpowered Kylo who needed Rey's help. so they were not defeated that easily.

Yeah but still the total combat time once rey joined in was still pretty damn quick and they were outnumbered but still beat them so again an individual praetorian would get stomped pretty easily under normal circumstnces. The Kylo getting overpowered thing I thought of as either a fluke or just something to add drama?

Also I would suggest not giving anyone under Dooku level MHS+ combat just reactions. Vader and Late Obi-wan would scale as would adult Ahsokha, but not Maul or Ventress or base lightside Anakin/Obi-wan (Note how in the clone wars episode with the baby Hutt, Dooku is still pretty much kicking Anakin's butt as he did before in the movie. Obi-wan, Maul, and Ventress would scale).

Basically, I'm suggesting MHS+ for Palpaltine, Yoda, Dooku, Mother, Windu, Vader, Late Obi-wan maybe?, and Adult Ahsokha (Dooku and Windu specifically are probably the two best lightsaber/close combat combatants besides maybe Yoda) and MHS with MHS+ reactions for Clone-wars era Obi-wan/Anakin, Maul, Savage, and Ventress, plus other experienced Jedi like Kit Fisto. MHS for advanced non-force combatants and Kanan Jarrus level Force adepts. Thoughts?

The Everlasting said:
The Elite Praetorian Guards matched Kylo and Rey, but I'm always dubious on non-Force-Sensitives scaling to Force-Sensitives.
There are rumours that the Praetorian Guard members might actually be Force sensitive. I'll see what the Last Jedi visual dictionary has to say about them. If it turns out they are actually Force sensitive, then giving them at least MHS reactions seems fair. But if they're not Force sensitive, then we have scaling issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back