• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode VI Return of the Threadi

Do you want to join the convo? I can't remember if I've asked before. If so, sorry for spamming you.

Do you want to join the convo? I can't remember if I've asked before. If so, sorry for spamming you.
I don’t recall being asked, but I don’t mind personally.

Just a note though, my knowledge in Legends is kinda still rusty especially how vast it is.

At the very least, I can recall the Force Unleashed series and maybe a few legend entry, but beyond that, that will require me to actually look deeper in the lore of the Legend continuity and especially since I prefer if we get accurate and correct ratings.

Same kinda applies to the Disney Canon continuity as that is out of my realm of expertise with the exception of the movies (The prequels and the originals trilogy).

Although I thinking of brushing my knowledge of Star Wars again to refresh my mind on that note.

The final version of Supernatural Encounters came out last week, I somehow missed this. The full book is a 1050 page monstrosity of a .pdf so god help me.

Talking to Joe Bongiorno's editors on the Discord and there's some bad news about Legends ratings. There's going to be some downgrades.

Yeah but the people working on them have either abandoned the wiki or whatever. Unless there's a Discord server where people are discussing this right now?

And other sources, but I am currently focusing on looking up certain feats that was brought up.

Hmmm, hopefully I can find a actual blog that details more on the speed feat and of course ensure we get the accurate rating for it too.

Edit: I already did.

Last edited:
The major things I can say are:

5-B needs to be changed to "Up to High 6-A" based on legitimate feats
4-B is gonna go. "Up to High 4-C" is as far as you can get.
The Father's feat is blatantly wrong. Mortis is a planet located INSIDE a dimension, not an entire dimension itself, and neither the dimension nor the planet exploded when he died.
Luke doesn't scale to The Ones as Abeloth was vastly weakened throughout the entirety of the Fate of the Jedi series

The Father's feat is blatantly wrong. Mortis is a planet located INSIDE a dimension, not an entire dimension itself, and neither the dimension nor the planet exploded when he died.
Even if this is true, I'll just say this really does not matter in the slightest.

I've added you to the convo.

Supernatural Encounters can definitely be used as a source now that it's fully out.

For one, the story is officially licensed. To quote the author:

Yes; I filled out the requisite legal documents (a CA-587 form, which is called a Non-Resident Withholding Allocation Worksheet and W-9 tax form) when the stories were first approved for publication by Pablo Hidalgo, the same licensing process I went through for my previous contributions to the Expanded Universe. There isn't any Lucasfilm licensing process beyond this.

You can read the 2007 to 2015 Emails between Joe Bongiorno and Lucasfilm here where not only was the material's first drafts approved, legal documents were signed, but he received express permission to expand the material at his own pace for eventual publication. Supernatural Encounters was never "Canceled", it just was never able to be published because of circumstances. This is no difference than the Novella Skyewalkers, which was meant to be released on Star Wars Hyperspace from 2008 to 2011 but also ended up in limbo for years, eventually released on the author's own blog in 2015. You'll note that Wookiepedia accepts this novel as Legends Canon.

Finally, Supernatural Encounters in its final 2023 version is copyrighted. You can't copyright fanfiction in the United States. But Supernatural Encounters isn't fanfiction. It was licensed by Lucasfilm initially, with legal documents between the parties signed, and with the author given expressed permission to continue working on the work on his own pace and eventually publishing it on his own website, as established with the Skyewalkers precedent.

image.png

Supernatural Encounters Copyrighted 2023 to Joe Bongiorno.

It should be allowed to be used. But since it's so controversial the profiles created based on it should receive clarification, and only one-way scaling should be allowed (As in, no existing characters will scale to Supernatural Encounters lore). At most characters like The Ones will receive Keys. But this won't make Luke Skywalker Multiversal or anything like that.

Hey there. I would be interested. Been rewatching Clone Wars with some friends.

Also, sorry for coming in on this specific issue so late on this, but what happened to tier 7 feats and calcs being used on character profiles (disney canon)?

tier 7 fodder? based
I mean, it's weird. I remember the (current) canon series having at least tier 7 top tiers.

The pages for these characters, and verse page still mention things like the mountain feat by Yoda, Luke shaking an entire Imperial I-class Star Destroyer in an early canon paperback. Old thread, so possibly outdated somehow, I know. But the mountain feat (generally), and Luke shaking an island is also still listed, and as I'm finding, there are other examples in the comics, and while rewatching Clone Wars where we clearly see higher than just the now nigh unilateral 'Multi-City Block level'

Last edited:
Remember that time some Padawan-turned-Jedi dispersed fog in Season 1 of the Clone Wars?
That calculation is flawed. If the viewing distance was 3.5 kilometres, the Troopers and Jedi would have to be the size of skyscrapers.
That was debunked ages ago, since Yoda had to tap into their Stonepower for that to work.
Every calc of that got Tier 8. But, we might be able to get some high results with newer methods.
there are other examples in the comics
I might have a Low 7-C feat for Vader, btw.

Personally, I do think there's ways to put these characters above even Town level, but I've kind of lost interest.

Last edited:
That calculation is flawed. If the viewing distance was 3.5 kilometres, the Troopers and Jedi would have to be the size of skyscrapers.
I'm... not sure I follow. They're not? Why would they be with that distance?

While I've got you though, and besides that, what is the accepted/average thickness of fog? None provided on the Cloud Calculations page. Do want to clean, and refine the calc before putting up for evaluation.
That was debunked ages ago, since Yoda had to tap into their Stonepower for that to work.
Hmm, I really ought to look more into this one. I see back and forth discussion across websites on 'how much' yoda taps into, how it's yoda harnessing either the stones or the force itself, etc. I've settled recently on yoda doing this with the aid of tapping more into the force, though a lot of feats and/or impressive showings from other characters also involve tapping more deeply into the force.

Obviously some places/conditions facilitate such, and aid with far more potent results, but I digress.
Every calc of that got Tier 8. But, we might be able to get some high results with newer methods.
Yeah; from what I've seen in an accepted Baki calc, and in using the formula from it to determine force required to shake a much smaller building, shaking buildings generally produce equal, or higher tiering than the building being shaken. This seems to go for nearly any other object, as the force required to be producing reverberations (even if not destroying said object) with mere strikes requires enough force to be able to significantly affect more than just that object.
I might have a Low 7-C feat for Vader, btw.

Personally, I do think there's ways to put these characters above even Town level, but I've kind of lost interest.
And cool! I'm not sure if they want to send that up for an evaluation, or would be alright with me just going for my own calc.

I'm not going to sit here saying that new canon reaches the same Tier 5 - 4 (and higher for some characters) high tiers of Legends, but I also think that a tier 8 is a pretty severe low ball for the verse where feats could be found otherwise, and that high - top tier characters at least would be Tier 7, potentially up to Tier 6 in some capacity given how much canon still covers that would suggest so.

Especially with Clone Wars, which has some pretty crazy happenings and shows of power, but it only seems to have been used for things like speed on the wiki so far.

I'm... not sure I follow. They're not? Why would they be with that distance?
My point is that they're not that big, so the calc is wrong.

3.5 km is nearly at the horizon. You'd have to be huge to be visible from that distance.
While I've got you though, and besides that, what is the accepted/average thickness of fog?
I'm not sure there is one.
Do want to clean, and refine the calc before putting up for evaluation.
I'll look into it.

My point is that they're not that big, so the calc is wrong.

3.5 km is nearly at the horizon. You'd have to be huge to be visible from that distance.
Ok, let me be a bit more specific: Was there something wrong I did when it came to the angsizing?

Because otherwise, that distance was found from the angsizing formula for angle, then using size and degrees with the calculator used on this wiki.

Idk what you're meaning when you're saying they would have to be really large if they're seen from that distance? I need a more specific error/mistake if there is one.
I'm not sure there is one.
Well damn.
I'll look into it.
Thanks still.

I can't tell exactly what the error is, sorry. You didn't provide an image with pixel scaling.

I mispoke, btw. I meant to say you didn't give an explanation of your pixel scaling. But, anyway, I figured out the problem.

Firstly, the perspective is janky, since the width you've measured is located beyond the ship and characters.

Secondly, the height and width of the screen are basically the same FOV.

Here's what you should do.

22 px = 1.86 m

2atan(tan(35deg)*(22/816) = 2.163 degrees

Using 1.86 instead of 130 metres gets 49.263 metres, which makes far more sense.

I mispoke, btw. I meant to say you didn't give an explanation of your pixel scaling. But, anyway, I figured out the problem.

Firstly, the perspective is janky, since the width you've measured is located beyond the ship and characters.

Secondly, the height and width of the screen are basically the same FOV.

Here's what you should do.

22 px = 1.86 m

2atan(tan(35deg)*(22/816) = 2.163 degrees

Using 1.86 instead of 130 metres gets 49.263 metres, which makes far more sense.
A lot of this is covered in the 'Calculations' section, notably with the pixel scaling; "Pixel scaling for the whole scene of the crime."

I do use that formula exactly. I do come to the conclusion of about 2.16 degrees. I also pixel scale the characters height in this scene, and that's how I get the (roughly) 130 meters of the door. I can see using the height of the characters instead however, and how that would get only 49.263 meters then though. Definitely a fix I can made to the original.

Still seems to be 8-A unless there's something about the fog's thickness I should change or keep in mind.

I don't think you got exactly what I meant, so I'll just do my own version and maybe it'll make more sense. I'm pretty awful at concise explanations.

I don't think you got exactly what I meant, so I'll just do my own version and maybe it'll make more sense. I'm pretty awful at concise explanations.
Made a mistake, meant to say that it was still tier 8 not 8-A, as it was definitely lower. But uh, sure.

Back