• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode V Attack of the Fanons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued from here, I guess.

star-wars-collage.jpg

Example of what fanon oc character designs look like

Upcoming Star Wars media:
* New movie trilogy by Rian Johnson
* Movie by TaikaWaititi & Krysty Wilson-Cairns
* Anthology movies (like Rogue One and Solo)
* Rumored Knights of the Old Republic movie trilogy by Laeta Kalogridis
* Rumored High Republic era movie
* The Mandalorian Season 2 (October 30, 2020)
* Cassian Andor series (Rogue One prequel)
* Obi-Wan Kenobi series
* The Bad Batch animated series (The Clone Wars spin-off)
* The High Republic books and comics (200 years prequel with space viking)
* Continuation of on-going comics
* Star Wars: Squadrons (October 2, 2020)
* Rumored Jedi: Fallen Order sequel

Discuss all things Star Wars. What are your thoughts on the franchise? Are you excited about the upcoming High Republic era or any of the upcoming works?

Finally, share and discuss plans or ideas for CRTs.
I for one is planning a downgrade for Disney Canon Star Wars (Including Palpatine and those scaling to him, Lightsaber tier, combat speed, passive durability, and Grevious/Karbin durability).

The new Squadrons game finally gave an official projectile speed for star fighter laser and ion cannons. It is 2000 m/s. Does this affect any calcs or such?
They probably don't scale to blaster bolts, but anyone would make an argument that they do?

Also, since a '1 CRT per verse' rule will be established once CRTs are allowed, anyone mind if I make it the canon downgrades?

Ah so those could be good feats

Since those two are lower on the canon food chain that scales to tons of characters

How powerful are the supremacy mainline turbolaser cannons and should they scale to the orbital autocannons on those stupid Mandator 4s with are unless because each Resurgent class has well over 1,500 heavy guns. What would the superlaser siege cannon attack potency be.

Far larger more powerful than the typical Resurgence-class Star Destroyer's main batteries.

We've agreed the Supremacy shouldn't scale to the Mandator IV because the latter is specifically designed for destruction and orbital bombardment, rather than ship-to-ship combat like typical starships. Plus, it's stated in the the comic and novelization that the Mandator could shred the Raddus with one volley, so it's incomparably more powerful than a Resurgence-class.

But the issue is the guns on the supremacy are so much more massive. If those blasts were country level that would mean large country plus level for both hull and the shields combined. Plus those blast sub atomized the good portion of the crust right.

The Raddus was a much older warship than the finalizer was so much of her weapons armor shielding power thrust and more was not in the ship itself. Thus the Finalizer should be more powerful by a good margin in return.

They aren't. The Supremacy's turbolasers are maybe a hundred or so metres at its base (note the TIE Fighters in the hangar), while Dreadnought's cannons take up a sizeable portion of its nearly 7.7 kilometre length.

They vaporized the crust, leaving a red-hot crater.

There's no evidence the Raddus is older than the Finalizer. It's just stated the Raddus has some experimental shields, which actually proves my point regardless.

Edit: Apparently Before the Awakening depicts a Resurgent-class as being new in 31 ABY, while the Raddus was decommissioned early and quickly fell into Resistance hands. This suggests that it's maybe a few years older.

Last edited:
The Resurgent was considered a new warship type in 34 ABY The Radius was clearly much older by at least a decade or more. Wide if those cannons were 100 meters wide they would be multiple kilometers long. The Radius looked better old and outdated the second we saw her. Leading the possible fact the supremacy was indeed 60 kilometers long. With would make her over 19 kilometers wide and over 275 kilometers wide. The person who gives the figure should have said wingspan with would be width because she is a flying wing design, not a delta triangle one her mass would increase by a factor of about 100 times and the energy needed to move her by about a million times over. If those cannons are not 100 meters wide they are certainly not 100 meters long given they are very visible even at much longer ranges compared to normal weapons. Moreover, it is clear the super laser siege cannon should be at least as powerful as a mainline capital ship grade heavy turbolaser given its sheer size. At least large mountain to island level likely far higher.

I actually edited that part, but you're still completely wrong. The Resurgence was considered new (a relative term) in 31 ABY, while the Raddus was likely built somewhere around 28 ABY. Looking old also means nothing since Mon Calamari ships are more modular and less uniform than Star Destroyers.

I literally have no idea what you're saying here.

My point was that the Supremacy's cannons were way smaller than the Mandator's, something that you're substantiating.

The Superlaser siege cannon is probably way more powerful than heavy turbolasers.

For a real-life comparison, the Bismark is vastly inferior to Yamato despite the fact they were commissioned less than 5 years part. The Yamatos guns are over 76.2 centimeters bigger in the bore of the gun. So The Resurgent should be at least a little superior to the Raddus

Yes, the supremacys cannons are wall smaller gram per gram than the Mandtors a stupid orbital bombardment ship that has no real use a single resurgent could have vaporized that entire base in a single salvo if it wanted to. Would the superlaser siege cannon be on par with the Mandators orbital autocannons? seem about 1/7 of the nearly 7.7-kilometer-long warship. But that is just gram per gram that is want I was trying to say. Yes because Star Wars is science fantasy and not real life by Bismark vers Yamato example proves that.

No both of them were built to directly compete with other capital ships in the same size range. How big is India like a 1,000 kilometers in length and with because that might be continent level? I saw that movie it made a Mushroom cloud hundreds of kilometers wide in mere seconds and maybe dozens of kilometers in depth atomizing the crust of the planet very visibly of orbit. At least well into the triple digits teraton range likely far higher.

Last edited:
The Yamato was made specifically for power and armour, the Bismarck was made to be a good balance of the three.

I've already made the downgrades but I had to put them on hold because ShadowWhoWalks made one as well (there's a one CRT per verse rule currently).

Are they going to upgrades I am assuming the Xyston is at least large planet level considering that the explosion to destroy the planet took a mere 10-15 seconds rather than the 10-15 minutes had it been mere planet level? Planets are not these invincible battle fortresses that science fiction fantasy and others make them out to be they are quite vulnerable things. the sun for compassion puts out 380 septillion watts per second and our sun is bigger than 90 percent of all stars in the galaxy. and some stars put out millions of times that energy per second. Because the Xyston is based on the Imperial-class the Resurgent and Imperial should get upgrades as well. A starship that is based on at least a 70-year-old design is more than capable of outright destroying a planet with upgrades. But I could be wrong.

The Resurgent which is explicitly said to be even more powerful than the Imperial likely on the scale of an Old Republic era dreadnought. Possibly even the Mandator and Onager. Both of which are at least battlecruiser or battleship caliber starships. Plus the massive heavy turbolaser towers on Supremacy should be at least that powerful likely more as they seemed to subatomized extremely explosively shuttles bigger than a much house. For a human that would be a city-level feat. Even though street-level rounds kill humans all the time. And Turbolasers are nuclear scale weapons. that is still quadrillions of joules many tens of quadrillions of joules to subatomized a human rather than the thousands of joules it takes to merely kill a human. So the blast radius would be thousands of times higher than before and if they were nuclear in nature may be only a few dozens of times larger and much smaller in proportion to the yield of the blast and shockwave.

Last edited:
The Xyston wouldn't be Large Planet level. Gradually destroying a planet smaller than Earth by attacking the core (rather than one blast) would be at most Planet level.

No, the Resurgence is way weaker than the Mandator. The Dreadnought would've destroyed the Raddus with one volley (something neither the Resurgence-class or Supremacy could do even when they were in range) and purportedly has over a dozen times more firepower than the Resurgence.

The old republic vessels are also way weaker than the Imperial ships.

That is at least hundreds of billions of times more energy at the lower end. And those shuttles should be at least a durable as the falcon or the ghost. Both of those ships are well into the multi Megaton to even low Gigaton level for feats and are likely more powerful than they seem to be maybe we should scale things to what they scale to in-universe maybe. We do not know about the Supremacy plus the radius experimental shields. The Supremacy was wasted in her only movie. The planet would be denser for one gravity worth of force and the planet was half the size of the earth. Destroying an earth-sized planet in about 10-15 seconds would be a large planet level considering the energy for planet level would take 10-15 minutes to reach the radius of the earth. The Ice planet was destroyed in about 10-15 seconds with a single lasting beam of energy. a Planet level explosion would have taken about 1.5-2 minutes to do that. Not a mere 10-15 seconds.

The 10 to the 32 joules is for destroying the earth in a gradual fashion, not a quick one. Hence why the death star is a dwarf star to small star level and not planet level. Because the planet was sub atomized in a fraction of a second and the blast reached multiple times the planets own radius in those fractions of a second. Plus star killer base accelerated a hypergiant star to many times the speed of light in fractions of second and then in mere minutes less than 4-5 minutes the blast reached its target many tens of thousands of light-years away. Plus Starkillerbase was shown to at least 10 times the diameter of the first death meaning she is lat least 1,600 kilometers across and many times denser than earth to have an atmosphere that is breathable to humanoid life forms.

Hundreds of billions of times more than baseline Planet level is Large Star level.

What shuttles? The ones I literally never mentioned at all?

The Raddus' experimental shields were exactly my point; the Mandator IV would've one-shot them, whereas the Resurgence-class ships and Supremacy couldn't even when they were briefly in range during Kylo's assault.

Seems like you're making those figures up. Baseline Planet level is for overcoming the Earth's GBE with one attack. Vegeta, for example, is Planet level because he was about to reduce the Earth to ashes with his Galick Gun. The Xyston only destroyed the core of Kijimi, which blew up the planet.

The Death Star scattered the fragments of Alderaan across space with one blast (I know because I did that calculation). The Xyston blew up the core of the planet gradually, causing it to explode. Time span actually proves the latter feat isn't as impressive as you think in this case.

Starkiller Base is 660 kilometers in diameter. Even in this shot, it's a little over 5 times larger than the first Death Star, making it around 600 km in diameter.

It said destroyers not a class of ship like the resurgent or imperial class. It needed to say what type a Ventator Victory Tector Imperial Resurgent or something else. Because the readers would not know what the ship type they are talking about.

I know what you said, I was the Old Republic ships (like the Venator) explicitly aren't as powerful as the Imperial ones, let alone the First Order's.

The dumb shuttles of TLJ the Supremacy Sub Atomized with see with its heaviest weapon systems board. Then It would be Multi Continent to Moon Plus Level. I was talking about Sub Atomizing a human for context that I forgot to add my fault, not yours. That still makes the Xyston class overpowered stupid and out of place with the rest of the media. Plus that has to be baseline not maximum we only saw them do it once. Not multiple times.

Ok. I get what you mean by shuttles now, so allow me to debunk it.

Firstly, the Millennium Falcon and Ghost are fitted with deflector shields suited for a warship far larger than either vessel, which is why they can tank shots from the TIE Defender and First Order TIE Fighters (the FO TIEs are fitted with even more powerful laser cannons than the TIE Defender). These shuttles are for emergency transportation and have weaker shields.

Secondly, sub-atomizing a shuttle is nowhere near Multi-Continent level.

Lastly, the shuttles weren't sub-atomized.

Okey because the Ventators are carriers not battleship like the Imperial-class is that. Plus 70 years of technology development makes things advance. Like how a P51 is grossly inferior to a F22 with about 65-70 years between them, Plus we were outright told that something death star scale could kill planets with ease, not something star destroyer sized. As it would have more than half the firepower of the imperial forces like the navy of the time. likely had way more than that just be make it hard. The Death Star could have destroyed Yavina brown dwarf star and that would have killed the rebel base.

I get that now thank you. But they were destroyed. I was not saying it should be the Multi Continent level I was talking about the Xyston class. I was forgetful and not being exct that was my fault not yours you understand me perfectly

Is the falcon meant for transport not combat. Plus she lacks the armor protection gram to gram something like the TIE Science does. Witch is likely at least Large Town Plus Level and Large Mountain Plus level for her missiles.

Ok, so it seems you agree with my point that the Imperial-class is more powerful than the outdated Venator.

Are you implying I was calling the Death Star/Xyston less powerful than the Imperial-class? I never did.

The Death Star was going to destroy Yavin 4, a moon of Yavin.

The Falcon is a freighter, but Han has heavily upgraded it for combat with illegal weaponry, powerful shields and an extremely fast hyperdrive. The TIE Silencer has vastly superior weapons, but its armour would definitely pale in comparison to the Falcon's capital ship-grade plating and durasteel hull.

No, except for normal weaponry, not the superlaser part I was trying to tell you it should be Multi Continent Plus to Moon Plus Level. Gram per gram that is and not overall. Normal weapon and not things like ion pulse cannons super heavy orbital autocannons and superlaser siege cannons. The Xyston class should be Multi Continent to Moon Plus Level. That is what I was saying. It was a misunderstanding

Things like the TIe Silencer should scale to the falcon and the Ghost and not normal TIE fighters. So at least Large Town plus durability with deflector shielding and city plus level with deflector shielding. And Large Mountain Plus Level for her missiles and torpedoes

What level is that Building Level The Mando is close it. Likely Small Town Level at the very least. It looks more of a snake to me. Though it could be a dragon snake-like Jormunhrgundr is a dragon snake. Form nose mythology the old legends of that time period but I could be wrong.

Disney should not have introduced the helmet on 100 percent of the time because it contradicts thier own cannon because in rebels they did it all the time and nothing bad came of it ever. Like how Hyperspace ramming contradicts star wars lore because the ship would disintegrate and kill everybody despite the fact in the clone was they did it with little issue. Hyperspace ramming did not exist before The Last Jedi. The Malevolence was going to hyperspace to escape the warships. Then it crashed into the moon because it was broken beyond repair. Plus the rebels could have hyperspace rammed a cruiser and a fighter into the. Or Hyperspaced the Executor and the death star.s superlaser. hyperspace rammed the cruiser into the first death stars superlaser as it was charging up to fire the superlaser. They did not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back