• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Canon Star Wars: Revenge of the Downgrade

“At last the work of generations is complete. The great error is corrected. The day of victory is at hand. The day of revenge. The day of the Downgrade!”
▬▬▬=============================

This thread will argue for downgrading important aspects of the Disney Canon of the Star Wars franchise. Different topics will be covered, which are:

1. Downgrade of Palpatine and those who scale to him​
  2. Force Users' Combat Speed downgrade​
  3. Durability downgrade​
  4. Lightsaber revision​

Part 1: The Fall of Sheev

Galactic Emperor Palpatine might have fallen to the Dark Side, but this doesn't stop him from falling a few tiers. This has been a long time coming.

The context is that once upon a time, before a certain movie that shall remain unnamed, Palpatine was scaled to Large Town level due to crashing a shuttle with the Force which made it explode. Then that movie came and Palpatine literally shocked a fleet of +100,000 ships, without harming his tens of thousands of giant planet-busting ships.

A perfectly wasted opportunity for a dramatic ship-battle double-KO if you ask me; with so many ships on the winning side being unable to tell up from down in that weather.

It has been pointed out that Palpatine was amped by something called "Force Dyad", but it has been argued that we should assume that Palpatine just used that Dyad thing to heal himself, and that this was his normal power all along. Not anymore! As this has been thoroughly refuted by the novelization.
Interestingly enough, this also led to Darth Vader getting a possibly Mountain level tier supported by speculation that he blocked a proton torpedo after he has already veered it off-course, this was previously rejected as an outlier.

Quotes from the novelization of the movie that shall not be named is below:
The Emperor gasped. Stared at his hands, which had begun knitting themselves back together, bones regrowing, pale flesh closing over them. “The life-force of your bond,” he said, his voice tinged with wonder. “A dyad in the Force!”
His gleeful triumphant thoughts washed over Rey, as she struggled against his grip, unable to move. He had won. At last. All those years, all that searching. He’d tried to create a dyad with Anakin, as his master had tried to create one with him. The Rule of Two, a Master always in desperate search of a yet more powerful apprentice, was a pale imitation, an unworthy but necessary successor to the older, purer doctrine of the Dyad.
“Unseen for generations,” he crowed. “And now the power of two restores the one true Emperor!”
He raised his perfect, healed hands, and called on all the dark power of the Force and the Sith who had come before him, and pulled their life from their very bodies. It poured from them like a river of light, leaving them weaker and weaker.
The Emperor laughed as his body strengthened, became whole. The milky film faded from his eyes, revealing golden irises around obsidian pupils.
Rey and Ben lay collapsed on the floor as Emperor Palpatine released himself from the Ommin harness and drifted down. He stood straight and strong now. Invincible.
The Emperor raised his voice to the throng. “Look what you have made,” he said. Their chanted response was thunderous, and he stood, hands slightly raised, as if absorbing their worship as power.
“Do not fear their feeble attack, my faithful!” the Emperor said, Ben already forgotten. His lips spread apart into a nightmarish grin, and he lifted his face to Exegol’s sky. “Nothing will stop the return of the Sith!”
He raised his hands as though reaching toward the battle overhead. Even through her haze of weakness and exhaustion, Rey could sense him draw on the Force. The Emperor’s power was staggering now. No, their power. Hers and Ben’s.
Tears streamed down her face as he used their stolen power to create a conduit of Force lightning. Writhing, crooked tendrils of light shot from his fingers, coalesced into a thick stream of light that burst into the sky, flooding the Resistance ships. They sparked helplessly against the onslaught, tilting on their axis.
The Emperor’s power was beautiful to behold, reaching ever higher, spreading out like a flower of light. In a way, she and Ben had made that. But the Emperor was using it for unspeakable evil. And now she was helpless. Dying.
His attack intensified. “You are nothing!” he yelled. “A scavenger girl is no match for the power in me. I am all the Sith!”

Of course, Palpy gets a "Island Level after absorbing the Force Dyad" thing, but his normal power and the power of the 'top-tiers' who scale to Palpatine falls down hard. The result should be pretty similar to the pre-upgrade scaling.
It is of note that Palpatine can draw power from the previous Sith Lords, though it is unknown if he had this ability in the Prequels, but either way the Rule of Two is no longer cool; the Force Dyad is a legendary power sought by the Sith, and the Rule of Two was created in an attempt to acquire it, so it is clearly significantly higher than Palpatine's normal power if he wanted it so much during his peak, and Rey attributed the lightning feat to her Dyad with Ben.
On the light side, peak Darth Vader gets to scale closely to Darth Sidious again... so yay!

Part 2: The Error of MHS+ Combat Speed

The speed rating for a competent Force User in the Wiki appears (minus justification) as something along these lines:

Subsonic running speeds with Force Speed, Massively Hypersonic+ combat speeds and reactions augmented by precognition

To begin with, I'd like to clarify that I have no issue with MHS+ reactions due to reacting to lightning n'all. But the MHS+ combat speed part is non-sense in Disney Canon. Why?
Because Master-level Jedi constantly struggle against, and sometimes get their ass kicked, by bounty hunters, war lords, mercenaries, assassin droids, and the like. We are not talking about a couple of instances we can dismiss as outliers, we are talking about something that repeatedly happens again and again, and we have seen dozens of times throughout movies, cartoons, and comics. A trained non-Force User can keep up with trained Force Users in combat. If you, the reader, is familiar with the standard Star Wars canon then making a list for something so common is redundant as you should be able to recall a few instances. But here is an example any way:

tenor.gif

So Jedi combat speed gets downgraded to subsonic... since they are able to keep up with an opponent trained enough to show subsonic reactions... instead of blitzing a few subsonic opponents who would appear frozen in time if the Jedi were strolling around in MHS+ speed.
The latest Squadrons game confirmed that the projectiles of star fighter laser and ion cannons move at 2000 m/s, which is faster than the subsonic speed assumed for blasters. This probably doesn't scale to blasters, but it would be grounds for upgrade if a non-Force User was seen dodging something similar.

Part 3: The Decline of Durability

This section is all about striking down the Durability of Canon Star Wars characters. The rating for durability among Force Users who aren't too uncool tend to be along the lines of:

Durability: Wall level naturally. Large Town level with Force Amplification

Incidentally, the Striking Strength of Force Users is more or less:

Large Town Class Force Amplification

Oh wow, so canon Star Wars characters can just make a passive force barrier and casually tank those puny Wall level and Small Building level blaster shots.

BppMijUsW4lYqZUyyN1uL1V254WhabaZHUv0S4Dt3do2rtXc-oVUw5eFGc6DiDEO7gKwkPR3dwFx

Heh. Imagine bringing a pea shooter to a Force fight.

Except that does not happen. Canon Force users are perfectly harmable with normal blasters, and they never attempt to no-sell blaster shots (maybe... because they can't use the Force this way just like they can't use it to fly?). Even Vader who is superior to 99% of Force Users gets harmed from blasters while wearing his armor.

ciCNnM4.jpg
KRReCI8.jpg

There are instances where Force Users explicitly create a Force Barrier (by placing their hand forward) which makes blaster bolts disperse, freeze, or bend, but where can we find Force Amplification that allows Force Users to shrug-off blaster bolts hitting their body (thus making lightsaber deflection unneeded)? Because this is exactly what the rating implies. Tanking nearby Tier 9 sized explosions from lasers that miss the Force Users don't count.
Likewise, it is also news to me that Force Users can physically punch through fortified doors.

Force Amplification is a thing, but it is jacked to absurd degrees that do not reflect the materials in canon.

There is also an other thing to address. Grievous' durability is Large Town Level scaling to Karbin. So what did Karbin do?

Durability: Large Town level (Has taken telekinetic thrashings from post Skywalker Strikes arc Darth Vader, who was powerful enough to casually wreck an AT-AT with his telekinesis. Was still alive and functional, albeit severely damaged, after being rammed at full speed by Aphra’s Ark Angel, an armed light freighter sized transport. For reference; Black Krrsantan’s anti-slaver ship, which is dwarfed by the Ark Angel, was able to damage and ground the Millennium Falcon by ramming it at full speed)

Yeah... This is wank. The only 'telekinetic thrashings' Karbin received (and by 'telekinetic thrashings' I mean general use of the Force), are just these two instances:

9iGe6ZQ.jpg
MFN98NO.jpg
vwFDgk2.jpg

1) Vader drops a statue on Karbin, and Karbin is implied to have dodged the statue narrowly. 2) Vader lightly Force Pushes Karbin into the path of the Ark Angel. Hold my telekinetic thrashing indeed.

As for the other supporting evidence, the Millennium Falcon was just taking off from the ground; there is no evidence that the Black Krrsantan rammed at full speed, and while a section of the ship got buried in the sand there is no visible damage.

oLB6Et5.jpg
ehJNNmB.jpg

In fact, the same arc has two durability anti-feats for space ships. A simple thermal detonator is able to make a sizable hole into the Millennium Falcon, and simply ramming into a hill will demolish a light freighter with no visible damage to the hill.

8V6ubTM.jpg
6ZRHjl2.jpg
XJz22En.jpg

Obviously the writer didn't hold space ship durability in high regard.

So for durability "Force Amplification" is replaced by "Force Barrier", and Striking Strength is Wall Level just like their physical durability.

EDIT: Actually an argument can be made to upgrade the physicals of strong Force Users to Small Building Level.

An inexperienced Ahsoka gets shot in the arm by a blaster pistol which incapacitated her and burns a hole in her arm.

A more experienced Ahsoka gets shot in the arm by a blaster carbine and she is a lot less damaged, though a few more shots would kill her.

Part 4: For a More Civilized Tier

Lightsaber tiering is... very weird to say the least. Lets read what it says:

Large Town level (Capable of cutting things with a durability comparable to General Grievous, Karbin, and AT-ATs). Up to Island level for more powerful lightsabers (Kylo Ren's crossguard lightsaber killed a Zillo Beast)

Setting the whole over-inflated zeppelin that is Grievous/Karbin aside, doesn't this explanation logically imply that Mandalorians wearing Beskar are at least Large Town Level for being able to block lightsaber strikes?
The Island level justification is unfortunately also based on wank. Aside from the lack of evidence that there are lightsabers massively more powerful than others (let alone Kylo Ren's unstable lightsaber with a cracked crystal), Zillo Beasts are vulnerable in the gaps between their armor plates, and Kylo did not target the beast's armor... in fact Kylo killed the Zillo Beast from the inside where it is vulnerable after being swallowed.

r05j8DA.jpg
QfsurBm.jpg

Just before the forum move, heat calculations revisions were on-going, and it has been accepted that we should not assume that durability toward heat energy is interchangeable with durability toward kinetic energy in a verse by default, and the consensus is that they don't scale if they didn't come from the same source (like Ki or Chakra).
Lightsabers melts through things instead of delivering kinetic energy like the Force; lightsabers are technology while the Force is mystical.

Lightsabers are also poorly integrated into character profiles; only mentioned as equipment without trace in the AP section.

So I propose the following tiers for lightsabers to allow for a consistent and coherent tiering:

• At least Large Building level+ with lightsaber (Vastly superior in energy output to weapons such as Thermal Detonators, can easily cut and melt through almost all materials in the galaxy with a few exceptions)
  • At least Large Building level+ with lightsaber (Vastly superior in energy output to weapons such as Thermal Detonators, can easily cut and melt through almost all materials in the galaxy with a few exceptions). ... Can ignore conventional durability with lightsaber
  • Unknown with lightsaber (Can easily cut and melt through almost all materials in the galaxy with a few exceptions)
  • Unknown with lightsaber (Can easily cut and melt through almost all materials in the galaxy with a few exceptions) ... Can ignore conventional durability with lightsaber

The first choice is on whether to make the tier unknown or to upscale from the energy output of an infantry weapon. The second choice is whether to consider lightsabers weapons that bypasses conventional durability through energy manipulation.

Last edited:
I disagree with the Palpatine amp thing But I know it's not worth getting into

I do agree with most of the revisions for the Jedi and Sith in all but one respect

They should be Supersonic
While FOrce Lightning isn't natural lightning we seem to assume cases like this show it as electricity which is in this range

Even ignoring that Obi Wan was blocking actual bullets (Like real bullets) in the Canon SW series just a few years after Phantom Menace

main-qimg-a6dd167ceb12948b3578e11c9f025536

I also think Spino calculated Ki Adi Mundi deflecting blasts while he was jumped at baseline Supersonic which is consistent with the Subsonic feats and such.

I also recall Grevious dodging star fighter blasts but I could be misremembering

Last edited:
I was going to bring up the Lightsabers example; most melee weapons in general should usually avoid being tiered unless they have very special reasons that they magically amped their users or are just abnormally sharp enough to cut "X tier durability" characters. For the most part, we give credit to the wielders and not so much the weapons. But agree Lightsabers should be at least High 8-C+ due to having the capacity to cut Durasteel that Thermal detonators do 0 damage to.

But I'm mostly disagreeing on most of the proposals here, but I'd like to hear from @Soldier_Blue first.

So, just to clarify, ShadowWhoWalks:

The standard being used by you to justify down-grading the Canon characters...Is to judge the characters based solely upon their feats within the films. Props on paying attention to the TV series and movies' depictions of events, even if the motives are not unbiased.

As a reminder, The Mortis Gods are firmly established within the current canon, including the "Tear the fabric of our Universe" line from the Father about his children. We also have the Kinro Comet, a rogue celestial body large enough to destroy several Core Worlds before the Jedi Order of the time willed it apart.

I'm merely advising that you take the whole lore so far into account to discern how to rank top-tier Force wielders.

@Catalyst75

1) In fairness he does bring up the comics and novelizations

2) Kinro was deemed an outlier for years and even ignoring that

It took the whole Jedi Order to perform and it rendered dozens of Jedi dead or insane. The tear the fabric of the universe feels like flowery language tho

I actually made a thread like this (though I suppose I'll have to remove the durability-based lightsaber stuff).

Cere Junda made a TK barrier against Vader. Kanan and Vader himself have both done this, although the latter's was only visible underwater. TK barriers can block blaster bolts and stuff like that, but they aren't passive, as you mentioned.

Also, I've been planning on downgrading speed forever. I actually have some feats in this sandbox.

Last edited:
So I just noticed a few downgrade threads, and while id like to say I massively disagree with alot of it, there's a ton of discussion that happened when I was Inactive so I don't want to comment and make generalizations without getting the full context.

However, I do take issue with this.

"But the MHS+ combat speed part is non-sense in Disney Canon. Why?
Because Master-level Jedi constantly struggle against, and sometimes get their ass kicked, by bounty hunters, warlords, mercenaries, assassin droids, and the like. We are not talking about a couple of instances we can dismiss as outliers, we are talking about something that repeatedly happens again and again, and we have seen dozens of times throughout movies, cartoons, and comics."

This can easily be argued as PIS, this happens because if writers were power scalers then you would hardly ever be able to have any conflict. the same thing consistently happens in popular comic books like DC and Marvel where characters get tagged or hurt by street-level characters despite logically being ridiculously far above them.

Then there's the fact that this question about how Mandalorians are able to react to Jedi was asked by a fan to one of the Lucasfilm storygroup members and their reply was simple and short explaining that alot of this happens because the plot demands it. this was in 2018 so it will take me a while to get tweet.

Another issue I take is the idea that this is something exclusive to Canon, Legends has just as many examples of the character being taken down by bounty hunters, warlords ect ect, however, these are never mentioned because they are either uneventful or people generally agree that these things are PIS and examples of what happens when Authors dont know how powerful their characters are.

So for Now ill remain Neutral until I'm up to date on everything.

Edit: also Blaster are and never were Subsonic, I really wish the mythbusting thing would die off (this is a topic within itself)

Last edited:
Another issue I take is the idea that this is something exclusive to Canon, Legends has just as many examples of the character being taken down by bounty hunters, warlords ect ect, however, these are never mentioned because they are either uneventful or people generally agree that these things are PIS and examples of what happens when Authors dont know how powerful their characters are.
Within Legends, the Star Wars films and Clone Wars TV series are considered canon, so all their feats relate to the Legends characters as well. I've heard Lucas state his views that the original Expanded Universe was a "parallel universe" to his own and that he considered the films and TV series to be the primary canon.

But that's the thing: the first six films and the Clone Wars TV series, their characters and their feats, are canon to both continuities; the consequence of which is two wildly different interpretations of the same scenes depending on the continuity.

Active knowledgeable member invites: @Soldier_Blue @Js250476 @CinnabarManx421 @SinsofMan @Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

I disagree...
Force Lightning is currently treated at the speed of cloud-to-ground lightning since it fits several characteristics such as conductivity; disputing will probably require a CRT on the lightning feat standards.

Blocking the bullets is compatible with MHS+ reactions since it was done with a simple movement, especially since Obi Wan got hit by the melted slugs.

Spino did a recalc with subsonic blasters which yielded subsonic speed. If the Grievous footage could be found then it would be pretty good grounds to upgrade.

So, just...
Films + Cartoons + Comics + Novels + Guides; basically open to all canon sources. Don't claim to be completely unbiased, though I intend and try to be fair.

I mean it is a hard sell to argue that Palpatine/Yoda/Windu scale to Mortis' Force Wielder family, so I don't see how Mortis is relevant even if the quote is taken literally. Breaking Kinro is a prep feat that required an unknown number of Jedi and an unknown period of time, and ended with some of the Jedi dead or insane; hardly combat applicable or something that we can scale to a single character.

So I just...
PIS would be when something contradicts a character normal capabilities, but for the canon version Subsonic would seem to be what is consistent and normal for Force Users' normal capability; if we don't scale the lightning reaction feats to travel speed then there is no reason to automatically scale it to combat speed.

It would seem that the Lucas Story Group members are consultants who are knowledgeable about the lore, but not the ones making the final decisions. For instance, a Story Group member was surprised the novelization said that Palpatine was a clone, and said that an early draft he read had something different, so this lore decision was done without his knowledge. They would be an authority if they are coming from the prespective of insider knowledge, but their statements can be speculative.
As for the 2018 tweet, I think it is this one?

The tweet affirms precognition but not overwhelming combat speed, and what Matt said is consistent with the revision I proposed. The Jedi getting hit can get excused by the Jedi getting distracted/stressed since they are fallible (so if they took a breather and were in a calm and focused mental state they would be able to dodge the attacks), however so many poor showings can't be excused if Force Users can move a 1000 times the speed of their opponent. The added consistency provided by my proposal reinforces it.

---

I am aware that non-Force Users tangle with Force Users in Legends too, but there are two differences:
  1. Legends have clear-cut statements that blaster bolts move at the speed of light, so both Jedi and non-Jedi can get impressive FTL calcs
  2. If a Legend non-Force User was seen giving Jedi a good fight then he would scale with Jedi combat speed, unlike with Canon profiles/keys
Unfortunately Disney Canon is lacking in blaster speed statements. The only argument I could find about blasters being faster than subsonic (I would appreciate being informed of additional arguments) is an argument from analogy with slugthrowers which should be at least supersonic. But it is plausible that slugthrowers are ignored by weapon manufacturers because they lack fire power and can't penetrate armor despite shooting faster projectiles. So the comparison with slugthrowers is not conclusive.

Last edited:
I mean it is a hard sell to argue that Palpatine/Yoda/Windu scale to Mortis' Force Wielder family, so I don't see how Mortis is relevant even if the quote is taken literally. Breaking Kinro is a prep feat that required an unknown number of Jedi and an unknown period of time, and ended with some of the Jedi dead or insane; hardly combat applicable or something that we can scale to a single character.

Save potentially the two characters known to draw power from the Sith/Jedi of the past.

@Shadow Who Walks

Yeah but that's the thing. Conductivity isn't exclusive to lightning, it's connected to electricals attacks in general

Ok, but the force lightning acts more like electricity than lightning (here's a clip of it shocking Luke continuously. Notice the lack of a return stroke or anything associated with cloud to ground lightning), and comes in different colours like green, red, purple and blue. It's likely force lightning is called lightning because it sounds cooler.

Quoting from another thread on its properties:
"The evidence for force lightning being similar to its natural counterpart comes from this thread. However, Lichtenberg figures (seen on Ventress after electrocution) are caused by electrical discharges in general, which can also produce similar thermal effects. Overall, the damages of his force lightning is very similar to general electrical injuries (differences between lightning and regular electrical injuries, for reference). The only difference is Ventress’ nose bleeding, but I can’t find evidence of lightning causing nosebleeds either."

Last edited:
ByAsura:

What are the conclusions here so far?

@Shadow Who Walks

Yeah but that's the thing. Conductivity isn't exclusive to lightning, it's connected to electricals attacks in general

In the Wiki's Lightning Feats standard, if an electric attack displays various characteristic of real-world electricity/lightning, and the character utilizes attacks that generates 8-C energy (1.6 billion Joules, to be more specific), then the electric attack can be assumed to be at the speed of cloud-to-ground lightning if such speed is consistent with the verse.
I am open to CRT about how lightning feats are treated (though site-wide CRTs are currently restricted), but Force Lightning would qualify for cloud-to-ground lightning speed under the current standards.

Ok, but the force lightning acts more like electricity than lightning (here's a clip of it shocking Luke continuously. Notice the lack of a return stroke or anything associated with cloud to ground lightning), and comes in different colours like green, red, purple and blue. It's likely force lightning is called lightning because it sounds cooler.

Quoting from another thread on its properties:
"The evidence for force lightning being similar to its natural counterpart comes from this thread. However, Lichtenberg figures (seen on Ventress after electrocution) are caused by electrical discharges in general, which can also produce similar thermal effects. Overall, the damages of his force lightning is very similar to general electrical injuries (differences between lightning and regular electrical injuries, for reference). The only difference is Ventress’ nose bleeding, but I can’t find evidence of lightning causing nosebleeds either."

Lightning is a type of electricity, but I don't see how having both a leader and return stroke is an obligatory characteristics during evaluation; this will pretty much disqualify all non-cloud-to-ground lightning as speed feats. Fiction in general doesn't really care about the specifics of leader/return stroke shapes, and many people don't even know about the concept. A cloud-to-ground discharge have the shape of tree roots, but in fiction you often find the shape of a return stroke bolt (which is brighter and more iconic) moving from the cloud to the ground.
Magick is pretty weird but Green cloud-to-cloud lightning is a thing and Darth Momin was able to summon a green/yellow cloud-to-ground lightning bolt, so the color isn't enough to outweight the other characteristics. Lightning is commonly bluish white or purplish white, and red Force Lightning only happened inside Darth Vader's vision which also had red cloud-to-ground lightning.
It is not surprising for lightning to cause similar injuries to other types of electricity; currently they are differentiated by the AP: So characteristics of electricity + 1.6 million Joules or 100 million volt can be assumed to be cloud-to-ground lightning speed if it makes sense in the verse.

I definitely didn't get the impression that Palpatine was amped in the novelization. It just says that the Dyad restored him to full power.
So it didn't say that Palpatine in the Prequels was not seeking the Dyad in order to amp himself (along with other Sith Lords since the invention of the Rule of Two)? It didn't say that Rey attribute Palpatine's feat to the stolen power of her Dyad with Ben?

He had won. At last. All those years, all that searching. He’d tried to create a dyad with Anakin, as his master had tried to create one with him. The Rule of Two, a Master always in desperate search of a yet more powerful apprentice, was a pale imitation, an unworthy but necessary successor to the older, purer doctrine of the Dyad.
“Unseen for generations,” he crowed. “And now the power of two restores the one true Emperor!”
He raised his perfect, healed hands, and called on all the dark power of the Force and the Sith who had come before him, and pulled their life from their very bodies. It poured from them like a river of light, leaving them weaker and weaker.
The Emperor laughed as his body strengthened, became whole. The milky film faded from his eyes, revealing golden irises around obsidian pupils.
He raised his hands as though reaching toward the battle overhead. Even through her haze of weakness and exhaustion, Rey could sense him draw on the Force. The Emperor’s power was staggering now. No, their power. Hers and Ben’s.
Tears streamed down her face as he used their stolen power to create a conduit of Force lightning. Writhing, crooked tendrils of light shot from his fingers, coalesced into a thick stream of light that burst into the sky, flooding the Resistance ships. They sparked helplessly against the onslaught, tilting on their axis.
The Emperor’s power was beautiful to behold, reaching ever higher, spreading out like a flower of light. In a way, she and Ben had made that. But the Emperor was using it for unspeakable evil. And now she was helpless. Dying.

----

Interestingly enough, there is a calc where a tank blaster bolt was calc'd at 2200 m/s.

So it didn't say that Palpatine in the Prequels was not seeking the Dyad in order to amp himself (along with other Sith Lords since the invention of the Rule of Two)? It didn't say that Rey attribute Palpatine's feat to the stolen power of her Dyad with Ben?
It also said that with the Dyad Palpatine was restored to his full original power. Just like the movie.

Lightning is a type of electricity, but I don't see how having both a leader and return stroke is an obligatory characteristics during evaluation; this will pretty much disqualify all non-cloud-to-ground lightning as speed feats. Fiction in general doesn't really care about the specifics of leader/return stroke shapes, and many people don't even know about the concept. A cloud-to-ground discharge have the shape of tree roots, but in fiction you often find the shape of a return stroke bolt (which is brighter and more iconic) moving from the cloud to the ground.
Lightning is an electrical discharge, but my point was just that it doesn't behave like normal lightning in anyway other than shocking people.

"It is not surprising for lightning to cause similar injuries to other types of electricity; currently they are differentiated by the AP: So characteristics of electricity + 1.6 million Joules or 100 million volt can be assumed to be cloud-to-ground lightning speed if it makes sense in the verse."

I can find absolutely no information supporting that. I've looked into it since I first argued against MHS+ Star Wars.

The point about AP is actually being removed soon
Interesting, the AP was downgraded from 5 billion joules to 1.6 billion like an year and a half ago, but I was unable to find any discussion about removing it entirely. Do you have any links?

Wait what? Is force lightning = natural lightning speed accepted?
It got accepted here, also discussed here.

Lightning is an electrical discharge, but my point was just that it doesn't behave like normal lightning in anyway other than shocking people.

"It is not surprising for lightning to cause similar injuries to other types of electricity; currently they are differentiated by the AP: So characteristics of electricity + 1.6 million Joules or 100 million volt can be assumed to be cloud-to-ground lightning speed if it makes sense in the verse."

I can find absolutely no information supporting that. I've looked into it since I first argued against MHS+ Star Wars.

• Lightning that has demonstrated at a minimum a few properties that real lightning has, and significantly less properties that lightning shouldn't have, can be considered real. Some examples of favourable properties are: making muscles of affected beings contract, having an (electro)magnetic field, being shown to actually move with a speed similar to lightning, flowing through conducting materials, the character being able to manipulate real electricity or electromagnetism in general, generating ozone or causing electrolysis.
Additionally, for calculations that involve lightning speed, one has to consider that the speed of real electricity can change due to a variety of factors, but for practical purposes, concerning attacks that are electricity-based, if they display power comparable to that of natural lightning, they should be considered to move at a comparable speed. It is required to show that the electricity carries an energy of at least 1.6 billion Joules or a voltage of at least 100 million Volts in order to qualify.
emphasis mine.

Yes, I am aware of that, I'm just saying I can't find a shred of evidence behind the claim.

I think the thing about electricity being considered to move at lightning speed once faster than 440 000 m/s was for some weird thing about fictional norms, but I'm not sure. Did hear people trying to revise that.

We should probably leave that aside for now.

I'm not sure what we're discussing right now, but I agree with the general idea of ByAsura's downgrade that I've discussed with him and others on his wall for ages. I think Yoda was gonna be High 7-C, Vader 7-C, Anakin/Obi-Wan/Dooku at least 8-A, weaker Jedi 8-C/8-B or something like that, but I'm not too sure.

Lightsabers should probably just be unknown imo.

For my subsonic blaster recalc (since my supersonic one didn't make sense), Soldier Blue disagreed with them being so slow and showed like a bunch of evidence, and I haven't got back to it since then.

I also argued they should be 9-A without Force amplification in Canon before since they should probably scale to like Rey and Kylo, and 9-B in Legends since Obi-Wan tanked the same platform dropping feat listed in Canon and I have no clue why we didn't apply it to Legends.

Well there's not much to argue about Force lightning, our standards say it is, whether you agree with it or not is for another site wide revision thread.

The question is if it's an outlier, I believe.

Back