• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode V Attack of the Fanons

Status
Not open for further replies.
This looks good.

If you're still hunting for sources to create your scaling chain, I'd recommend taking a look at Ethan and Vicious' space on Quora. Their posts have a lot of new reasonings and obscure sources for both canon and Legends that aren't normally found anywhere else. They like the prequel era the most, so I don't know if they'll ever compile some sources on Abeloth vs. Luke. Vicious did a piece on Krayt, though.
based on this it looks Like

Luke Skywalker in ROTJ => to Darth Vader in Canon

while in Legends Darth Vader> Luke Skywalker

Preview for Star Wars: Visions anime shorts releasing all at once on September 22.

Shorts:
  • Kamikaze Douga - The Duel
  • Geno Studio (Twin Engine) - Lop and Ochō
  • Studio Colorido (Twin Engine) - Tatooine Rhapsody
  • Trigger - The Twins
  • Trigger - The Elder
  • Kinema Citrus - The Village Bride
  • Science Saru - Akakiri
  • Science Saru - T0-B1
  • Production IG - The Ninth Jedi

Plenty of worldbuilding potential. Seems to have a story about a Dark Side cult even.
Lets see if lightsaber duels and sakuga mix together.

wont be canon though, regardless though it means more creative freedom with it's storytelling and we might get super really OP feats.
pretty excited.

It's going to be a tooth-and-nail fight to have it recognized truly canon, but it's totally doable; the precedent with Wizards of the Coast, Dan Wallace's personal site containing canon materials that weren't linked to the official blog just because he had authorization (like Joe's), and how many times contents of Supernatural Encounters were referenced in different works (Aliens in the Empire, Book of Sith and the new Disney canon Smuggler's Guide).
That "content" existed long before Supernatural Encounters. Their presence in other works, or even their references in Disney canon books, does not mean anything in regards to Supernatural Encounters.

Among the points that could be considered "original" to SE include the following: the insertion of Judeo-Christianity as the driving force of SW; the premise of the original Battlestar Galactica being used as part of Humankind's early history in the galaxy; the "Primary Universe" deal (with it being our universe); the insinuation that the current continuity was a "hollow copy" of the EU accidentally created by one of the Bedlam Spirits.

Then there is the fact the site where it can be found is built around a "one true canon timeline" that forcibly inserts anything "compatible" with the Disney Canon into the Legends timeline, ignoring that Legends and the Disney Canon are separate to avoid conflicts between them. A timeline that includes his own work. It's telling when he lists the Sequel Trilogy as "Non-Canon Infinities" stories because they are "irreconcilable" with the Expanded Universe.

From my perspective, that is too many strikes against it to consider it canon to Star Wars, not even to Legends.

"Star Wars: Visions storytelling didn’t have to fit in the timeline. In developing the series, Lucasfilm made the decision to let creators tell the stories they wanted to tell — whether they featured established or original characters — without a need to tie into the larger chronology. “We really wanted to give these creators a wide creative berth to explore all the imaginative potential of the Star Wars galaxy through the unique lens of anime,” James Waugh said. “We realized we wanted these to be as authentic as possible to the studios and creators who are making them, made through their unique process, in a medium they’re such experts at. So the idea was, this is their vision riffing off all the elements of the Star Wars galaxy that inspired them — hopefully to make a really incredible anthology series, unlike anything we’ve seen before in the Star Wars galaxy.”"

"Star Wars: Visions storytelling didn’t have to fit in the timeline. In developing the series, Lucasfilm made the decision to let creators tell the stories they wanted to tell — whether they featured established or original characters — without a need to tie into the larger chronology. “We really wanted to give these creators a wide creative berth to explore all the imaginative potential of the Star Wars galaxy through the unique lens of anime,” James Waugh said. “We realized we wanted these to be as authentic as possible to the studios and creators who are making them, made through their unique process, in a medium they’re such experts at. So the idea was, this is their vision riffing off all the elements of the Star Wars galaxy that inspired them — hopefully to make a really incredible anthology series, unlike anything we’ve seen before in the Star Wars galaxy.”"
:(

lQGvNRZ.png

Japan what fuckery is this.

lQGvNRZ.png

How do we build a prototype super-weapon without expending too many credits designing a new hull and a reactor twice as powerful as our current Star Destroyers?

Simple. We use the superweapon to connect two Star Destroyer hulls together to turn them into one ship with double the fire power and use their two combined reactors to power the super-weapon.

- Anonymous Kuat Drive Yards engineer

The thing with superlasers in the verse is that the combined beams with Kyber Crystals are way more powerful than just the output of the hypermatter reactors. So it's actually not a terrible idea, provided they're using technology made around or after the DS II.
lQGvNRZ.png

You'd be livid if you saw the final episode of Gunbuster.

Last edited:
there are bunch of star wars fans complaining about it being anime and it just reminded me how much I hate this fandom.

if they have a star destroyer casually life wiping a planet on screen. I WILL MAKE IT CANON
Funny thing is that Kylo Ren had a Resurgent do that in one of the Star Wars Adventures comics. However, we don't know how they did it - whether they used specialized WMDs or in what time frame.

That reminds me...

Myargra the Hutt, in the latest Star Wars High Republic issue, mentions that she has bombs that can life-wipe a planet. We just don't know how many it would take.

Inb4 force-users become Low 2-C smurfs.
I expect the Star Wars anime to go a bit nuts, yeah.

lQGvNRZ.png

This is some weird Legends level shit. And I'm talking the weirdest and craziest parts of Legends.

This must be one of the stupider superweapon prototypes before the Onager and Mandator IV became a thing.

there are bunch of star wars fans complaining about it being anime and it just reminded me how much I hate this fandom.
Like... Do they know that their current Lucasfilm messiah is a huge anime fan and probably was the first one to give this the green light, being the head of all Lucasfilm Animation? Heck, this was probably Filoni's idea to begin with.

Funny thing is that Kylo Ren had a Resurgent do that in one of the Star Wars Adventures comics. However, we don't know how they did it - whether they used specialized WMDs or in what time frame.

That reminds me...

Myargra the Hutt, in the latest Star Wars High Republic issue, mentions that she has bombs that can life-wipe a planet. We just don't know how many it would take.

I expect the Star Wars anime to go a bit nuts, yeah.

This is some weird Legends level shit. And I'm talking the weirdest and craziest parts of Legends.

This must be one of the stupider superweapon prototypes before the Onager and Mandator IV became a thing.

Like... Do they know that their current Lucasfilm messiah is a huge anime fan and probably was the first one to give this the green light, being the head of all Lucasfilm Animation? Heck, this was probably Filoni's idea to begin with.
Shhhh. Don't tell them Filoni loves Studio Ghibli. It will break their poor souls.

Remember that talk that Filoni gave about how lots of fans were angry with Rey because she was a woman? Yeah they still believe their lord and saviour was paid by Disney to do that.

while in Legends Darth Vader> Luke Skywalker
Luke is more powerful than Vader in Legends by ROTJ as well.

While there are canonical sources stating that Vader is more powerful, they are mostly outdated sources from before the prequel trilogy and nearly all of them are using the OT and Dark Empire as the base for the measurement of Vader's power. All before Lucas stated that TPM fighters (Maul, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan) were more powerful than armor-suit Vader and Ben Kenobi.
That "content" existed long before Supernatural Encounters. Their presence in other works, or even their references in Disney canon books, does not mean anything in regards to Supernatural Encounters.

Among the points that could be considered "original" to SE include the following: the insertion of Judeo-Christianity as the driving force of SW; the premise of the original Battlestar Galactica being used as part of Humankind's early history in the galaxy; the "Primary Universe" deal (with it being our universe); the insinuation that the current continuity was a "hollow copy" of the EU accidentally created by one of the Bedlam Spirits.

Then there is the fact the site where it can be found is built around a "one true canon timeline" that forcibly inserts anything "compatible" with the Disney Canon into the Legends timeline, ignoring that Legends and the Disney Canon are separate to avoid conflicts between them. A timeline that includes his own work. It's telling when he lists the Sequel Trilogy as "Non-Canon Infinities" stories because they are "irreconcilable" with the Expanded Universe.

From my perspective, that is too many strikes against it to consider it canon to Star Wars, not even to Legends.
Supernatural Encounters, or in this case, the Encounters duology, were meant to be initially part of a magazine called Star Wars Gamer. These articles were approved in 2002, but the magazine shut down before publication, so Joe decided to work on his two books for his stories, even though the page count of the article was already 600 back then. The actual base for the story is much older than any of the works mentioned, and remember: two of those works were by Dan Wallace and one by Abel Peña, both were heavily involved with each other, with Abel especially involved in SE. It's not that SE is trying to reference entities that existed in other older sources, it's the opposite.

I don't see how the second point could be a strike from a licensing perspective. No matter how stupid they are or sound, that thing was approved twice by Lucasfilm officials, including Splendid Ap creating the hollow sterile Disney universe.

He created those guides from a perspective that the EU is canon, he explains why is his Guide to the Timeline Holocron.

Dark Side Luke is more powerful than Vader, but there's a ton of evidence suggesting Luke didn't surpass him with the light side in Legends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back