• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode V Attack of the Fanons

Status
Not open for further replies.
12. Clone Wars. 3/10 (Animation is shit for cinematics quality, and while the show has made a huge improvement, the plot of this movie just sucks ass. But there are good voice actors)
11. Rise of Skywalker. 5.5/10 (This movie was alright, but it was messy to just make use of a bunch of Carrie Fisher's last recordings. And they kind of got lazy at copying ESU in the end. But not a bad movie)
10. The Phantom Menace. 5.5/10 (Again, not a terrible movie, and Jar Jar Binks is someone everyone hated save younger audiences. But the racing scene as well as the lightsaber fights were good)
9. Solo 6/10 (An alright movie for Solo's backstory, but nothing too spectacular)
8. Attack of the Clones 6.5/10 (Funny I consider this movie overhated. I agree the romance scenes between Anakin and Padme are cliche as hell, and that Hayden Christianson's on screen performances are horrible in this movie; not his fault but George Lucas's tbh. Hayden was a decent actor, but Lucas wanted him to be as overdramatic as humanly possible regardless of how awful it looked. I wish Hayden could have been on his own way; tragic but not over the top. Also the highlights are the laser gun battles against the droids and the lightsaber fight against Count Dooku. Yoda kicking ass is also awesome. Christopher Lee as Count Dooku alone was also awesome and classic)
7. The Last Jedi 7/10 (Like Hamil, I was disappointed on how Luke Skywalker grew into a selfish jerk throughout most of the movie. But Poe and Finn have good chemistry like the first film. And Chewie's relationship with the Porgs developing was charming. Yoda destroying the collection of books and Astral projected Luke taking on the First Order were also both awesome though)
6. The Force Awakens 8/10 (I found this an awesome come back, even if large portions of it are a rehash of a New Hope with a few scenes from Empire Strikes back thrown in. I also wished Han Solo could have lived longer throughout the trilogy, but the role reversal reunion was interesting. And Kylo had plenty of room for development we saw in the next film too, and he made an interesting junior villain)
5. Rogue One 8/10 (Although a bit on the forgettable side compared to other entries on the list, it's at least a strong movie on its own. And even the various short lived characters had great moments. This was also Darth Vader returning to his former glory; also awesome)
4. A New Hope 9/10 (This is the movie that started it all and deserves immense praise for that fact alone. It had excellent writing and story telling. And some of the most iconic quotes in cinema history, but the only thing it lacks is good Lightsaber duels; Obi-Wan Vs Darth Vader was underwhelming to say the least)
3. Return of the Jedi 9/10 (It is one of the more underrated of the original trilogy, but it does have the best lightsaber duel of the original trilogy as well as plenty of memorable fight scenes. Such as Luke Vs Rankor; even if Java the Hut was filler. And Boba Fett finally going down was also pleasant. Wicket the Ewok was also a memorable character much like Chewie)
2. Empire Strikes Back 9/10 (Best of the original trilogy and also had its share of Dark Moments. Luke training from the best and introduction of Yoda was also fantastic. Luke figuring out Darth Vader was his father was also one of the most memorable moments in cinema. The battle of Hoth was also fantastic)
1. Revenge of the Sith 9/10 (The best of George Lucas's works. And also has by far the best action scenes, stunts, and lightsaber fights in the entire movie series of Star Wars. The only flaw was the dialogue, but the story told through actions rather than words, action scenes, and the darkest moments in the series easily put this on my top spot. I will never forget the fight on Mustafar and the fan awaited Yoda Vs Sidious that everyone has been dying to see for years)

But too bad movies are the weakest medium when it comes to Star Wars...

The Christophsis portion of the Clone Wars film feels like it could have just been a decent episode set after Cat and Mouse. Everything else in that film was fairly boring, except for the vertical battle.

I'll just say, I pretty much for the most part agree with Animat's review on the Clone Wars movie.

I looked into it. The Clone Wars film was essentially multiple episodes pasted together, which is why it felt so disjointed and had animation quality comparable to the early TV show. The entire movie was also $8.5 million, which is very low even for CGI films from the 90s, while the animation budget was comparable to the TV show.

Basically, they took all of early TCW's deficiencies and badly edited it together with virtually no budget.

Solid 5/10 for me.

Last edited:
I will say, I personally consider the Genndy Tardakaski Clone Wars to be absolutely phenomenal. And yeah, the movie was pretty much meant to just be promotional material to the far superior TV series. Which I don't love anywhere near as much as the classic Hand drawn version; it is a good series that gets better and better with the later seasons.

@Catalyst75 The emperor used his force powers to impregnate Anakin's mother so Luke and Him are Technically his child and grandchild. I should have explained it better but yeah that how they are so powerful in the force. And that makes sense considering how easy it was for the emperor to manipulate backstab him in such a short amount of time. Because he wanted his son to help him rule the galaxy much like how Vader wanted luke to help rule the galaxy like father and son.Thier all related.

Last edited:
Yeah, tbh, even the worst Star Wars movies are just average films.

I've heard people say TFA is the worst movie they've ever seen. If that's true, then they probably haven't seen many movies.
100% agreed on both.

they should watch such classics as The Incredible Bulk or The Room or Trolls 2.
Epic Movie :sick:

Revenge of the Sith actually happens to be my favorite Star Wars movie, and I overall actually do think the prequel trilogy is better than the new trilogy, but even the new trilogy I think is overhated but so are the prequels. Excluding the Clone Wars movie, I don't consider any of the movies Terrible per say; I think Phantom Menace and Rise of Skywalker are just okay.
Yeah. ROTS is special for me as well. It will always be my number 1 Star Wars movie.

As for the ST and PT: The hate they get is so bad that even Mark Hamill was pissed with the fandom. And it takes a lot to piss off that guy.

My ratings are as follows:
Empire Strikes Back 9/10
A New Hope 9/10
Return of the Jedi 8.5/10
Revenge of the Sith 8/10
The Force Awakens 8/10
The Last Jedi 8/10
Rogue One 7.5/10
Solo 7.5/10
The Rise of Skywalker 6.5/10
The Phantom Menace 6/10
Attack of the Clones 6/10
The Clone Wars 6/10

But really, I've enjoyed all the movies, even if some of them have more room for improvement than others.
👍

Return of the Jedi 9/10
A New Hope 8/10
Empire Strikes Back 8/10
Revenge of the Sith 8/10
The Phantom Menace 8/10
The Last Jedi 7.5/10
The Force Awakens 7/10
Rogue One 7/10
Attack of the Clones 6.5/10
Solo 6/10
Rise of Skywalker 5/10

I'm heavily biased towards RotJ, and I always have been. It has more flaws than most of these movies, but I still like it the best.
👍

But too bad movies are the weakest medium when it comes to Star Wars...
This is why I'm more into the EUs - not just the expanded lore, but also the expanded quality.

The Christophsis portion of the Clone Wars film feels like it could have just been a decent episode set after Cat and Mouse. Everything else in that film was fairly boring, except for the vertical battle.
The cliff battle on Teth is literally the only enjoyable portion of the TCW film for me.

I will say, I personally consider the Genndy Tardakaski Clone Wars to be absolutely phenomenal. And yeah, the movie was pretty much meant to just be promotional material to the far superior TV series. Which I don't love anywhere near as much as the classic Hand drawn version; it is a good series that gets better and better with the later seasons.
To this day I would have preferred the Canon TCW to have been 2D. I'm not saying in the Tartakovsky Clone Wars style, but something more akin to what they did with Galaxy of Adventures.

@Soldier_Blue The Star Wars wiki says Legends mass-driver cannons move at 2.5 km/s. Do you know the source for this claim?
Nope. All I know is that the projectiles are at least hypersonic in Legends. I know not the source of those exact velocities in that profile.

holy cow, earth dwarfs most of the popular star wars planets.

Yeah, this is one of those things that should be common knowledge among hardcore fans, but isn't.

Partially, at lot of feats were also completely invalid. 8-B to 8-A is actually much more consistent with feats and calculations, although there are some areas (particularly missiles and torpedoes) that make scaling a nightmare.

As it pertains to Jedi Mind manipulation:

Within this scene, Cad Bane is able to resist three powerful Jedi (Obi-Wan, Mace Windu and Anakin) trying to influence him to take them to a stolen Holocron, although resisting causes him great pain in the process. Given The Clone Wars TV series exists in both Legends and Canon continuities, the scene demonstrates how much a strong-minded individual can resist having their mind manipulated.

Does anyone else have thoughts or opinions on this scene?

By the way. Jango is said multiple times to have almost beaten Mace, and he did beat Obi-Wan. It's not an outlier, unless you think all the shit that scales Jango is an outlier, which doesn't make sense.

The Large Mountain level Vader calc is wrong. It's based on the explosion of torpedoes, but he only moved them away.

It's one vague statement, and we've agreed many times not to use it. The veracity of quote itself is even joked about in the first From a Certain Point of View novel.

You're talking about Legends now. In canon, blaster bolts are plasma and Vader has difficulty taking down AT-ATs.

You're talking about Legends now. In canon, blaster bolts are plasma and Vader has difficulty taking down AT-ATs.
"The standard ranged weapon of both military personnel and civilians in the galaxy, the blaster pistol fires cohesive bursts of light-based energy called bolts."- Star Wars.com

Every other source says plasma, though. And the bolts act nothing like actual light.

What episode is that? Is it Holocron Heist?

Also, plasma-based blasters can be straight beams and bolts, such as the Laat/i's cannons and Marksman droids.
  • Laser cannons and turbolasers are based on the same principle as handheld blasters: Energy-rich gas is converted to a glowing particle beam that can melt through targets. The largest such weapons are powerful enough to crack a planet’s core. Starships also use ion cannons, which overwhelm electronic systems with ionized energy bursts, and physical ordnance such as concussion missiles and proton torpedoes, whose energy warheads release clouds of high-velocity proton particles.
They don't act like real lasers 99% of the time, though, so moving in straight lines (something, again, plasma-based bolts can do in the series) proves nothing.

It's worth noting that pretty much every beam/bolt weapon in Star Wars is plasma. Even the Death Star's superlaser and Mandator IV's cannons are just far, far more powerful versions of blasters, laser cannons and turbolasers.

Last edited:
Computer modeling showed the lasers’ twin collimating beams racing away from the Star Destroyer. Then, captured by gravity, the beams become one, changing vector and accelerating beyond lightspeed as it disappeared into the mask’s churning accretion envelope.
-Star Wars Catalyst
For what it's worth, Grievous dodged a kyber crystal beam.

I was actually planning adding that attack speed. Good find.

The fact that it's beyond lightspeed proves that these cannons aren't light, though. Also, things like turbolasers are way faster and longer range than laser cannons and blasters (they can actually shoot at the ground from orbit, but it's a lot less effective), so the Death Star's beams are probably just faster. This is supported by the fact that even the Supremacy's turbolasers were completely ineffective against shields from hundreds of kilometres away, and the main cannons of ISDs are totally ineffective against armour at over 1,000, whereas the Death Star can shoot down planets from well outside high-orbit.
  • “Yes, sir,” Faro said, frowning, gesturing the order to Pyrondi. Twelve hundred kilometers was far beyond the turbolasers’ normal combat range, at least for something carrying any decent armor. “Shall I also send TIEs to intercept?”
Basically, Superlaser >>>>>> Blaster.

Also, I'm pretty sure Grievous' feat (if it's even FTL to begin with) was decanonised by Season 7.

Jedi often struggle with weaker opponents. I don't think that's substantial enough to say Jango = Mace, especially when Jango himself has struggled with far weaker characters, like Obi-Wan (not to mention non-Force Users).

The fact that it's beyond lightspeed proves that these cannons aren't light, though. Also, things like turbolasers are way faster and longer range than laser cannons and blasters (they can actually shoot at the ground from orbit, but it's a lot less effective), so the Death Star's beams are probably just faster. This is supported by the fact that even the Supremacy's turbolasers were completely ineffective against shields from hundreds of kilometres away, and the main cannons of ISDs are totally ineffective against armour at over 1,000, whereas the Death Star can shoot down planets from well outside high-orbit.
  • “Yes, sir,” Faro said, frowning, gesturing the order to Pyrondi. Twelve hundred kilometers was far beyond the turbolasers’ normal combat range, at least for something carrying any decent armor. “Shall I also send TIEs to intercept?”

Jedi often struggle with weaker opponents. I don't think it's substantial enough to say Jango = Mace, especially when Jango himself has struggled with far weaker characters, like Obi-Wan (not to mention non-Force Users).
Jango has statements of almost besting Mace, and Obi Wan's soresu is a perfect counter for blaster uses like Jango, plus Jango kinda wrecked him in h2h.

Also, I'm pretty sure Grievous' feat (if it's even FTL to begin with) was decanonised by Season 7.

Jedi often struggle with weaker opponents. I don't think that's substantial enough to say Jango = Mace, especially when Jango himself has struggled with far weaker characters, like Obi-Wan (not to mention non-Force Users).
No, it was stated to still be canon, and has been referenced in guides that have come out after. It's 100% canon.

Can you provide these besting statements of Jango almost besting Windu and the reference guide proving Grievous' feat is canon? Also, the Death Star is powered by a massive hypermatter reactor and Kyber Crystals, which also amplifies them from 8 beams to 1, so it seems weird that one shoddy Kyber beam would be FTL. Not to mention it's just extremely inconsistent.

That's a good point, but Jedi still struggle with weaker opponents, such as droids, in h2h combat. As I asked before, could you also provide these statements?

Also, try not to quote twice just because there's an edit.

Last edited:
What's the first one from? It seems like something made before Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm. It also specifically says he lost out due to Mace's force augmented abilities.

It could very well be canon, then, though he presents it as somewhat of a grey area. Like I said though, why would this one beam be as fast as the Death Star?

What's the first one from? It seems like something made before Disney's acquisition of Lucasfilm.

It could very well be canon, then, though he presents it as somewhat of a grey area. Like I said though, why would this one beam be as fast as the Death Star?
It's from Star Wars Fact File Relaunched from 2014, maybe it was 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back