• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode VI Return of the Threadi

I love the Old Republic stuff, and yeah it definitely has some great feats. Although all the big stuff is reserved to a small group of top tier characters.

Some examples:

Darth Vitiate drains Ziost: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Epyriel/Star_Wars_Legends_-_Darth_Vitiate_Drains_Ziost

Darth Nihilus lifts the Ravager out of Malachor’s gravity well: https://www.fanverse.org/blogs/star-wars-feat-darth-nihilius-tks-the-ravager.19653/

Darth Nihilus drains Katarr: https://www.fanverse.org/blogs/star-wars-feat-darth-nihilus-razes-katarr.19696/

Darth Vitiate drains Medriaas with the Nathemic Ritual: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Reppuzan/Glory_to_the_Sith_Emperor
Yeah, I'm not so sure if Meetra, Visas and especially Canderous scale to Nihilus in his full use of Force Drain, as he was getting weaker when fighting them.

Yeah, I'm not so sure if Meetra, Visas and especially Canderous scale to Nihilus in his full use of Force Drain, as he was getting weaker when fighting them.
They definitely don’t. Their victory over Nihilus was extremely circumstantial and they had to weaken him in multiple ways before they could even scratch him:

-Darth Nihilus grows weaker the longer he goes in between draining. In order to weaken him, Kreia tricked him into coming to Telos IV to drain the Jedi Academy there, except there was only a single Force sensitive on the planet for him to feed on, leaving him starving. Despite this he is still strong enough to one-shot the Exile and her party.

-Next he attempts to drain Meetra Surik, except she is also a Wound in the Force and essentially the opposite of him, leading to the attempt backfiring horribly and leaving him more weakened than ever.

-Visas Marr had a prior connection between Darth Nihilus and the power bound in the Ravager which she exploited to temporarily block him from the Force.

Only under these extreme circumstances were they able to stand a chance to defeat him. So yeah, they definitely don’t scale anywhere near his AP at his strongest.

In my opinion there is only really about 6 mortal characters that reach Multi-Continental without any outside amps:
-Darth Sidious (through his Force Storms)
-Darth Vitiate (through his planetary drains)
-Darth Nihilus (through his Force Wound planetary drains)
-Luke Skywalker (through presumably surpassing Darth Sidious at least by the end of Crucible, in which he unlocks a boost in power from the Monolith that should work similarly in unlocking his potential as had the Force Harmony amp that allowed him to defeat Sidious)
-Marka Ragnos (who was stated to be the strongest of the ancient Sith who Kreia implied would he stronger than Nihilus, as he could only match some of the ancient Sith Lords)
-Exar Kun (for being stated the strongest Sith Lord in history up to his time, which would put him over Marka Ragnos)

Luke Skywalker (through presumably surpassing Darth Sidious at least by the end of Crucible, in which he unlocks a boost in power from the Monolith that should work similarly in unlocking his potential as had the Force Harmony amp that allowed him to defeat Sidious)
I remember he has to face off against Abeloth after the whole fiasco with Darth Sidious and his Sister helping him out as I remember a few things.

I remember he has to face off against Abeloth after the whole fiasco with Darth Sidious and his Sister helping him out as I remember a few things.
Yep although he always needed help in fighting her. In their first fight he literally needed an army of over a thousand Sith to help weaken her, and their final vicotry is only achieved when Beyond Shadows in which she is vulnerable (as seen with how Luke and Darish Vol can mess her up with Mnemotherapy techniques to exploit her connection to her avatars) but still needed the help of a bunch of allies on multiple planets fighting her at once.

Although the Abeloth they fight in FOTJ is an incredibly starved and weakened version compared to her full might pre-imprisonment (which is why I have a serious problem with the current VSBW rating of Multi-Solar System level for the mortals who fought Abeloth despite that rating coming from scaling her prime 100,000 years ago). Realistically she is probably only around Multi-Continental herself during FOTJ.

Yep although he always needed help in fighting her. In their first fight he literally needed an army of over a thousand Sith to help weaken her, and their final vicotry is only achieved when Beyond Shadows in which she is vulnerable (as seen with how Luke and Darish Vol can mess her up with Mnemotherapy techniques to exploit her connection to her avatars) but still needed the help of a bunch of allies on multiple planets fighting her at once.

Although the Abeloth they fight in FOTJ is an incredibly starved and weakened version compared to her full might pre-imprisonment (which is why I have a serious problem with the current VSBW rating of Multi-Solar System level for the mortals who fought Abeloth despite that rating coming from scaling her prime 100,000 years ago). Realistically she is probably only around Multi-Continental herself during FOTJ.

Here are the following quotes here.

The first thread was a lost tribe of Sith from the forgotten world of Kesh. They were building a powerful war fleet, one made more powerful by the dark strength of every warrior serving their armada. Yet there was an even greater opponent - the mysterious entity known as Abeloth.”

Abeloth was no castaway, no mere woman marooned here for thirty years. She was much more - a manifestation of an ancient power so dark and hideous it was beyond human comprehension.”

Nothing was stated she was extremely weakened from her own imprisonment caused by the Father and his two children.

"You couldn't have. She is ancient, and powerful, and dangerous. Very dangerous."

Source: Fate of the Jedi: Allies
"But she's ancient, and very powerful. The only way is if we can trick her, somehow."
Luke said nothing. He wasn't sure if fewer Sith was a good or a bad thing. Abeloth was powerful, and she was dangerous. They might need everyone they could get.

It was no good. Abeloth had a dozen times the Force strength Luke had, and he could do no more than keep her from crushing his throat.
Source: Fate of the Jedi: Vortex

You're working with Abeloth.

I am programmed to obey a strong will. The girl is strong, you are stronger, Sword of the Jedi, but neither of you can break the hold she has on me. She is older and more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Jaina claims that Abeloth has power like a nova has light:

“They’re Sith,” Jaina reminded him. “All that matters to them is power, and Abeloth had power like a nova has light."
Tahiri senses Abeloth's Force presence, regarding it as powerful:

"The Force," Tahiri replied. "A powerful presence has entered the debris field-one I haven't felt here before."
"A powerful presence?" Reige scoffed. "And that would mean what, precisely?"

Source: Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse

Btw, all these quotes came from this thread.

It was like hitting a wall of solid Force energy. One moment, he was hurling himself forward, reaching out to coordinate with Ben. The next, he was standing motionless, head spinning and ears ringing, watching Abeloth stumbling out the front door of the hall.

That's true, and we're actually planning on changing that.
Nothing was stated she was extremely weakened from her own imprisonment caused by the Father and his two children.
Literally the entire reason why she was gathering avatars was to regain her full strength.

In the final fate of the Jedi book, she was heavily weakened due to having very few avatars, yet she still far surpassed Ben.

There is nothing showing she was extremely weakened from her thousands of years imprisonment I think.

Can we get some quotes that will suggest she was extremely weakened after being freed from her imprisonment

That's true, and we're actually planning on changing that.

Literally the entire reason why she was gathering avatars was to regain her full strength.

In the final fate of the Jedi book, she was heavily weakened due to having very few avatars, yet she still far surpassed Ben.
Hmmm, this is reasonable I suppose as it still take the combined might of Luke Skywalker and others just to destroy her.

She was weakened due to Sinkhole Station. Centerpoint Station was the thing that kept her confined.

I'll see if I can find some quotes later. I'm a bit swamped.

In my opinion there is only really about 6 mortal characters that reach Multi-Continental without any outside amps:
-Darth Sidious (through his Force Storms)
-Darth Vitiate (through his planetary drains)
-Darth Nihilus (through his Force Wound planetary drains)
-Luke Skywalker (through presumably surpassing Darth Sidious at least by the end of Crucible, in which he unlocks a boost in power from the Monolith that should work similarly in unlocking his potential as had the Force Harmony amp that allowed him to defeat Sidious)
-Marka Ragnos (who was stated to be the strongest of the ancient Sith who Kreia implied would he stronger than Nihilus, as he could only match some of the ancient Sith Lords)
-Exar Kun (for being stated the strongest Sith Lord in history up to his time, which would put him over Marka Ragnos)
Didn't Kreia also said that Revan was also stronger than him + Stroger than Exar?

Here. She's still regaining large amounts of power throughout the stories due to avatars.
  • “And if there can be three parts, why not four?” asked Nek. “Why not five, or a hundred, scattered across the entire galaxy?” “Because all of Abeloth’s bodies are part of one Force entity, yes?” Barratk’l asked in her gravelly voice. “She has grown much in power since we discovered her, but each time we kill a part, she is weakened. So there are limits. As she grows stronger, those limits rise. And now she has three bodies.”

She was weakened due to Sinkhole Station. Centerpoint Station was the thing that kept her confined.

I'll see if I can find some quotes later. I'm a bit swamped.
Yeah, but we don’t know how much she was weakened from thousands of years of imprisonment as all other quotes still says she was incredibly powerful despite the fact she was imprisoned.

That's no reason to scale all these characters to 4-A.

Abeloth was literally a dozen times more powerful than Luke when they first fought, and she proceeded to grow much more powerful before more of her avatars were destroyed, which makes her far stronger than any non-cosmic character in the series after she was released. This alone is enough to be called all-powerful.

I not suggesting they all scale to 4A, but when we have multiple quotes that show Abeloth was consider more powerful than the combined might of the New Republic Jedi and Sith, then it speaks volumes on how absurd she was against the galaxy at large.

Yeah, but we don’t know how much she was weakened from thousands of years of imprisonment as all other quotes still says she was incredibly powerful despite the fact she was imprisoned.

Abeloth explains to Sarasu Taalon (after he had become a being like her) that the reasoning he was getting weaker so quickly (from being a threat to Luke all the way down to being on par with Ben) was that he needed to feed on life energies to sustain himself:

“You are weak because you have not been feeding,” Abeloth was saying to Taalon. “Mortals need to feed, do they not?”

-Fate of the Jedi: Vortex

Abeloth herself has been unable to feed for the better part of a hundred thousand years (apart from brief breakout periods):

This prison, known as the Maw, was built by Centerpoint Station. For 100,000 years she languished in her prison, angry, terrified, and worst of all, alone.

-Galactic Architecture 101 and the History of Centerpoint Station
She had come here, seeking answers, and found only the lonely, needy monster imprisoned at the heart of the Maw. The thing that had lured Jacen in, had damaged so many, had grown and fed and used Callista as it had used others before and since.

-Fate of the Jedi: Allies

Thus the first thing she does when she gets free is to try to consume the life energies of Dylon Stad:

She pulled back, and a glowing golden mist clung to her lips. The mist grew, mercifully obscuring her face as she extracted— A deep, agonized groan was ripped from Dyon, hauled from his innermost soul, floating on that golden mist. Every limb, every centimeter, every cell of him was coming under attack. It was not like the searing, focused pain in his temple; this pain was aching and deep. The pain at his temple changed from white-hot to icy cold, and it began to enter him. As Abeloth pulled forth something— Life energy, she’s taking my life essence … —from his body, she gave in return a dreadful cold. A slithering, dark cold that wrapped around his throat, closing it, then his heart, then his entrails, then seeped implacably into the rest of him. He could feel himself withering up, the desiccation turning him into a living corpse, dried and husklike, as if he had been buried in the sand for centuries. Abeloth chuckled, a throaty, warm sound. “You have served me well, better than any have in a long time. Soon, we will become one, Dyon Stad. Soon, you will never leave me. And you will have enabled me to continue.”

And when she gets damaged in her first fight with Luke and the Lost Tribe of the Sith army, she returns to Dyon to try and feed again:

The three Sith that Taalon had left to aid Dyon had already been dispatched. There was no obvious damage to the corpses, but they all had looks of terror frozen on their faces. And now, Abeloth had returned to Dyon to finish the job she’d started earlier. Dyon lay on his back, his face contorted in fear. Abeloth straddled him in a horrible parody of lovers, her tentacle fingers pressed to his face, her huge, grinning mouth a centimeter from his. Glowing golden energy wrapped about them.

It is also noted that the dozens of black holes she has been trapped by for a hundred thousand years weakens Force users:

Luke nodded. “Black holes are an interesting astronomical phenomenon to scientists, and a vaguely unsettling image for most other people … but Force-users and Force-sensitives have a real dislike or dread of them.”

“Why?”

His father shrugged. “The Force derives from life. Even death is not all that disturbing to a Force-user, since it is a part, a necessary consequence, of life. Black holes are something else. A cessation outside of life. Maybe the way they draw in all energy and trap it forever runs against our instincts. I’m not sure. I do know that the Force-sensitive children we hid at Shelter during the Yuuzhan Vong War did not like being in the Maw, surrounded on all sides by black holes. You’re too young to remember, but the Jedi caretakers at Shelter said there was a lot of crying.

-Fate of the Jedi: Outcast

To give a bit of context for how weak she has grown in all that time, the Killiks recount that in one of her previous breakouts she had grown strong enough to possess the biospheres of at least three entire planets as avatars:

After hurrying through two more archways, Thuruht finally stopped before a set of panels depicting three devastated worlds. In the first, an entire city lay in ruins. There were fungi rising from the rubble, and a drove of three-eyed bipeds could be seen fleeing a horde of tentacled felines. The second relief showed scores of dazed woodland creatures struggling through a blast-flattened forest, many fighting in vain to escape the fangvines wrapped around their legs. The third scene was the most gruesome of all. It was an ocean world with flocks of seabirds hovering over floating islands of moldy flesh. Hanging in the sky of each world was a female face with a gaping, fang-filled smile that stretched from one ear to another.
-Fate of the Jedi: Apocalypse

By comparison, at the end of FOTJ she can only manage 3 human sized avatars.

I not suggesting they all scale to 4A, but when we have multiple quotes that show Abeloth was consider more powerful than the combined might of the New Republic Jedi and Sith, then it speaks volumes on how absurd she was against the galaxy at large.

She is definitely still immensely powerful in FOTJ compared to everyone else, but she is still a shadow of her former self compared to her prime.

Scaling them to her weakened feats is absolutely fair.

It's worth noting that The Ones are gonna become like 3-A or Low 1-C or something.

Do you mind considering a suggestion for this? In my opinion the Mortis Gods and Abeloth should all be Multi-Solar System level with Low Complex Multiversal Environmental Destruction.

In terms of raw telekinesis, the Twins opt to build Centerpoint Station to construct the Maw and hold Abeloth, implying its power is enough to contain her (except when the Force swings towards Chaos after millennia long wars which empowers her enough to escape) and that actually dragging all those black holes around would be beyond, or at least inconvenient, for their own powers to handle.

However both the Mortis Gods and Abeloth have a series of quotes which implies they can affect the balance of the Force itself throughout the universe (with the Force reaching even Hyperspace which is a higher dimension). This seems to me to be a case of Environmental Destruction.

Didn't Kreia also said that Revan was also stronger than him + Stroger than Exar?

Don’t think that is ever stated. In fact it is stated that she thinks Darth Revan (at least prior to KOTOR from her knowledge) is inferior to the Exile:

"You are greater than any I have ever trained."

-Kreia, Knights of the Old Republic II: The Sith Lords

Traya uses vast telekinetic powers to wield a trio of lightsabers against her, but she is ultimately killed by the person she considered her greatest disciple.

-Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide

Their lifespans are limited and they have to spend their time maintaining The Force, so it's probably less out of inconvenience and more 'I don't want to waste eternity guarding Abeloth, I've got bigger fish to fry.'

Also, the implication from The Clone Wars, Star Wars.com and similar supplementary sources is that they don't really use their powers in material space at all.
  • THE FATHER: There are some who would like to exploit our power. The sith are but one. Too much dark or light would be the undoing of life as you understand it. When news reached me that the chosen one had been found, I needed to see for myself.
  • THE FATHER: It's true, what they say. You are the Chosen One. Join me. Together we can change the balance of the universe, my friend.
  • THE FATHER: Aligned, you and I can restore balance wherever we go. Peace to the universe.
  • THE FATHER: As the balance in this world crumbles, so shall war escalate in your galaxy. As my son has descended into the dark side, so have the Sith gained strength.
In fact, Mortis is the fulcrum of the universal Force because of all their struggles, meaning their actions actively shape The Force, which is the thing that shapes the universe.
  • QUI-GON (Force-Spirit): Unlike any other. A conduit through which the entire Force of the universe flows.
Abeloth might be an exception because her powers come from all aspects of The Force, though predominately the Dark Side.

Their lifespans are limited, so it's probably less out of inconvenience and more out of 'I don't want to waste eternity guarding Abeloth.'

I was more referring to the fact they used Centerpoint to assemble the Maw at all. I can understand building it to automate Abeloth’s prison maintenance, but they seemed to need it to drag the black holes to build her prison in the first place.

Also, the implication from The Clone Wars, Star Wars.com and similar supplementary sources is that they don't really use their powers in material space at all.
  • THE FATHER: There are some who would like to exploit our power. The sith are but one. Too much dark or light would be the undoing of life as you understand it. When news reached me that the chosen one had been found, I needed to see for myself.
  • THE FATHER: It's true, what they say. You are the Chosen One. Join me. Together we can change the balance of the universe, my friend.
  • THE FATHER: Aligned, you and I can restore balance wherever we go. Peace to the universe.
  • THE FATHER: As the balance in this world crumbles, so shall war escalate in your galaxy. As my son has descended into the dark side, so have the Sith gained strength.
In fact, Mortis is the fulcrum of the universal force because of all their struggles.
  • QUI-GON (Force-Spirit): Unlike any other. A conduit through which the entire Force of the universe flows.
Abeloth is an exception because her powers come from all aspects of The Force.

I mean, isn’t this just a matter of The Father keeping them there so they don’t use their powers in material space? A matter of restrain rather than capability? After all, the Daughter and Son repeatedly come back out to throw Abeloth back in her cage.

Black holes are literally wounds in The Force to Force-users. They hate them, so it makes sense that they can't maintain or manipulate them in anything but a somewhat limited capacity; there's no Force there to manipulate.

Edit: I say somewhat limited because Kyp Duron affected a Dovin basal after it created a micro-black hole. 'Somewhat limited' is generous.

That doesn't make any sense. They'd always have to be detracting from their duties to The Force if they did that, rather than occasionally entering material space when Abeloth has already affected the balance of the galaxy by attacking civilizations.

Last edited:

The Father had to withdraw from the rest of the Galaxy with his family to avoid ruining it with their Force powers.

Long ago, the Ones withdrew from the galaxy to avoid ruining it with their Force powers.
The Ultimate Visual Guide: Updated and Expanded

As a One, the Father could wield the Force in ways mortals couldn't.

In the mysterious realm of Mortis there exists a trio of beings able to wield the Force in ways no known mortals of the galaxy can.
Databank: Father

Hmmm, it is from this respect thread :

I

I was more referring to the fact they used Centerpoint to assemble the Maw at all. I can understand building it to automate Abeloth’s prison maintenance, but they seemed to need it to drag the black holes to build her prison in the first place.
This text seems to support your point I think

Unfortunately, Abeloth had been driven mad in a bid for power, and for the good of the galaxy, would have to be imprisoned. Since no known prison could hold beings of the architects’ power, the Son and Daughter were forced to construct one.
Galactic Architecture 101 and the History of Centerpoint Station
To cosmic threats, it was a prison.
Galactic Architecture 101 and the History of Centerpoint Station

Black holes are literally wounds in The Force to Force-users. They hate them, so it makes sense that they can't maintain or manipulate them in anything but a somewhat limited capacity; there's no Force there to manipulate.
Yet even if they couldn’t pull them, Abeloth herself was limited by the gravitational pull alone, and could only escape when amped by a change in the balance of the Force. Seeing as the Mortis Gods are relative to Abeloth in power, they would all still be capped around Multi-Solar System level from this alone (at least in raw AP).

As Hammer has shared above, the prison was powerul enough to “hold beings of the architects’ power”.

That doesn't make any sense. They'd always have to be detracting from their duties to The Force if they did that, rather than occasionally entering material space when Abeloth has already affected the balance of creation.
I’m not sure I understand your point here. Them “occasionally entering material space when Abeloth has already affected the balance of creation” was exactly what I was getting at. It just shows they can use their powers in material space, they simpy choose to remain in Mortis out of duty.

I’m not sure I understand your point here. Them “occasionally entering material space when Abeloth has already affected the balance of creation” was exactly what I was getting at. It just shows they can use their powers in material space, they simply, choose to remain in Mortis out of duty.
This is further reinforced by this quote here from a different source.

The Father could manipulate the Force like no other aside from her family, and was powerful enough to tear the fabric of the Universe with his Force powers.

The Father: "My children and I can manipulate the Force like no other. Therefore, it was necessary to withdraw from the temporal world and live here as anchorites."
Anakin Skywalker: "As a sanctuary?"
The Father: "And a prison. You cannot imagine what pain it is to have such love for your children… and realize that they could tear the very fabric of our universe."
The Clone Wars: Overlords

Abeloth herself was limited by the gravitational pull alone
You yourself literally showed that the black hole weakened Abeloth. Why do you think she couldn't get out of its pull?
and could only escape when amped by a change in the balance of the Force
The Son and The Daughter scale to the entire Force on a universal scale. The fact that a galactic shift in the balance of power so heavily strengthens her shows three things:

A) She was massively weakened.

B) Even a small amount of her full power can break out of a black hole.

C) The power she used to break out is already the level of power she uses throughout Fate of the Jedi, which we already know is far from her peak even when accounting for her avatars.
they would all still be capped around Multi-Solar System level from this alone (at least in raw AP)
Even galactic nuclei, which are among the very largest black holes in the entire universe, are 4-A in terms of sheer mass. So, by your own logic, not being able to escape a black hole would also be an anti-feat for 4-A, not just 3-A to Low 1-C.
I’m not sure I understand your point here. Them “occasionally entering material space when Abeloth has already affected the balance of creation” was exactly what I was getting at. It just shows they can use their powers in material space, they simpy choose to remain in Mortis out of duty.
As I said, Abeloth's actions already influence The Force of the galaxy, as we see in Fate of the Jedi. When they capture her, it actually re-balances The Force.

Like Hammer said, using their powers for extended periods (which is what you're suggesting they do) will rip space-time.

Last edited:
Yeah, as it happened after the Father, The Son, and I think the Daughter death’s, hence why there was nothing else to contain Abeloth outside of the cosmic prison made for her specifically

You yourself literally showed that the black hole weakened Abeloth. Why do you think she couldn't get out of its pull?
Only over time. The children affected by the black holes lived on the station for an extended period of time, by comparison the Sith and Jedi that landed on her planet were not noticeably affected for the time they were there.

The Son and The Daughter scale to the entire Force on a universal scale. The fact that a galactic shift in the balance of power heavily strengthens her shows three things:

A) She was massively weakened.

B) Even a small amount of her full power can break out of a black hole.

C) The power she used to break out is already the level of power she uses throughout Fate of the Jedi, which we already know is far from her peak even when accounting for her avatars alone.

Even the largest black holes are 4-A in terms of sheer mass. So, by your own logic, not being able to escape a black hole would also be an anti-feat for 4-A, not just 3-A to Low 1-C.

As I said, Abeloth's actions already influence The Force of the galaxy, as we see in Fate of the Jedi. When they capture her, it actually re-balances The Force.

What was keeping Abeloth imprisoned was the combination of Centerpoint Station (a confirmed Multi-Solar System level weapon) + the gravitational pull of several dozen black holes of unknown distance (which does not necessarily scale to any certain level depending on the distance) + Sinkhole Station (unknown power)

Abeloth escaped as a consequence of Centerpoint Station being taken out of the equation, and then Abeloth overpowering Sinkhole Station which allowed the black holes to drift out of alignment, giving her an opening.

We know Centerpoint Station is the most powerful effect of the three, yet it is only a Multi-Solar System level tractor beam.

Thus we know Abeloth should be below Multi-Solar System level at her prime, and below that during FOTJ (as she couldn’t breakout with Centerpoint Station online).

I fully accept that Abeloth affects the entirety of the Force, I am merely arguing that this should be considered Environmental Destruction to contrast her raw telekinesis which should only be around Multi-Solar System level at her prime, and far below that in FOTJ.

Thus that in her prime her (and the Mortis Gods’) Tier should read: 4-A; Low 1-C with Environmental Destruction

Only over time.
Where is that shown? Because she's been tossed into the black hole many times over the millennia. Wouldn't she have possessed/regained significantly more power in normal space at different points if it was this gradual? Because most of her re-appearances seem to happen closer to modern times.
What was keeping Abeloth imprisoned was the combination of Centerpoint Station (a confirmed Multi-Solar System level weapon)
Centerpoint's greatest feat is making The Maw, which is like 4-B if I'm not mistaken. Where's 4-A coming from?
+ the gravitational pull of several dozen black holes of unknown distance (which does not necessarily scale to any certain level depending on the distance)
Centerpoint Station's continued presence worked because she was already trapped within The Maw after The Ones overpowered her and Centerpoint made The Maw. Its continued function is to continue to keep her contained within the prison and the prison operating, not to overpower her at full power.
Sinkhole Station (unknown power)
Sinkhole is part of the equation alongside Centerpoint, and we don't know what it does. This is already a fairly good reason to dismiss that a black hole or Centerpoint alone can stop her.
Abeloth escaped as a consequence of Centerpoint Station being taken out of the equation, and the Abeloth overpowering Sinkhole Station which allowed the black holes to drift out of alignment, giving her an opening.
That doesn't account for all the times in the past that Abeloth escaped, just Fate of the Jedi.
I am merely arguing that this should be considered Environmental Destruction
Yeah, I know what you're arguing. There's no confusion there.

Last edited:
Where is that shown? Because she's been tossed into the black hole many times over the millennia. Wouldn't she have possessed/regained significantly more power by this logic?
By the fact that the only proof we have of the weakening effect of black hole was for refugees staying there for an extended period, while those that stayed there for short times (like the strike force that fought the Callista Avatar) never showed or mentioned any signs of weakening whatsoever (which wouldn’t make much sense if it was an immediate effect that could instantly weaken a being with universal telekinesis all the way down to Multi-Solar System level.

And yes, she should regain power every time she breakouts and gets sent back in the prison. So she would only be suffering from a few thousand years of weakening from the black holes, rather than 100,000 years straight.

Centerpoint Station's continued presence worked because she was already trapped within The Maw after The Ones overpowered her and Centerpoint made The Maw. Its continued function is to continue to keep her contained within the prison and the prison operating, not to overpower her.
Yet why wouldn’t she immediately break out again if her telekinesis was stronger than it’s pull to contain her?

That doesn't account for all the times in the past that Abeloth escaped, just Fate of the Jedi.
The past breakouts are explained by the Killiks as times of strife when the “current” (the balance of the Force) changes to favour and empower Abeloth enough to escape:

“The first time Abeloth escaped her cage,” Thuruht explained. The Killik led the way up the corridor, through the next archway. They passed a series of panels depicting a massive battle between the cephalopods and the saurians. “The war had been raging only a few centuries when Abeloth was freed. Usually, it takes much longer. Often thousands of years.” “Wait,” Raynar said, stopping beneath the next archway. “You mean every time there is war, Abeloth is freed?” “Not with every war. But yes, when Abeloth escapes, it is always in a time of great strife.” Thuruht started up the corridor again, motioning for Raynar to follow. “Sometimes, when war grows too powerful, the Bringer of Chaos is released. She shatters the old order, so a new one can rise.”
“Thuruht believes that a change in the Current caused Abeloth’s release,” Raynar said, summarizing for his companions. He turned back to Thuruht. “But the Jedi believe the future is always in motion. So I have trouble seeing why a change in the Current would release Abeloth.” “Is a river current not in motion?” Thuruht replied, also speaking aloud. “And will it not carry a boat to many different places, depending on how the riders paddle?” “Yes, that’s true,” Raynar said, with some impatience. “But wherever they land, they do not usually free Abeloth.” “They do not ever free her, because they have not changed the Current,” Thuruht replied. “They have only ridden it to one of many different destinations. But if they wish to go where the Current cannot carry them, the current must be turned.” “And to do that, the river itself must be altered,” Raynar finished. “Yes,” Thuruht replied. “The Force guides the Current. It is impossible to turn the Current without also changing the Force.” “And that is what frees Abeloth,” Raynar clarified. “Yes,” Thuruht agreed. “The Force is in the dominion of the Celestials. When their power is usurped, the Bringer of Chaos comes.”

Yeah, I know what you're arguing. There's no confusion there.
👍

By the fact that the only proof we have of the weakening effect of black hole was for refugees staying there for an extended period
The refugees were in The Maw Installation, which is a series of asteroids inside of a safe zone from The Maw's black holes where literally astronomical amounts of matter exist.

The fact that even its least powerful spots weakens Force users speaks volumes about the combined effect of all the factors of Abeloth's prison, including being at the very heart of The Maw.
And yes, she should regain power every time she breakouts and gets sent back in the prison. So she would only be suffering from a few thousand years of weakening from the black holes, rather than 100,000 years straight.
Which is exactly my point. It's not a gradual process. She goes from astronomically above her Fate of the Jedi levels to 0 in, at most, a matter of centuries.
The past breakouts are explained by the Killiks as times of strife when the “current” (the balance of the Force) changes to favour and empower Abeloth enough to escape:
That still supports my point, though. She can break out of Centerpoint just with galactic scale events.

It's not nearly enough to contain her full power.

Last edited:
The refugees were in The Maw Installation, which is a series of asteroids inside of a safe zone from The Maw's black holes where literally astronomical amounts of matter exist.

The fact that even its least powerful spots weakens Force users speaks volumes about the combined effect of all the factors of Abeloth's prison, including being at the very heart of The Maw.
A gravitationally stable safe zone, which is the same that can be said for Abeloth’s planet. You have to be a certain distance from the black holes or else the object would spiral in or slingshot out, but this is true for both Abeloth’s planet and the station.

Which is exactly my point. It's not a gradual process. She goes from astronomically above her Fate of the Jedi levels to 0 in, at most, a matter of centuries.
But even a matter of centuries makes little sense if the prison requires her to just voluntarily sit around for a few centuries until she is weakened enough for the prison to do its job.

That still supports my point, though. She can break out of Centerpoint just with galactic scale events.

It's not nearly enough to contain her full power.
Except that is specifically a massively amped state (after literally thousands of years of war) which we don’t know how to compare to her base power at her prime.

Last edited:
A gravitationally stable safe zone, which is the same that can be said for Abeloth’s planet. You have to be a certain distance from the black holes or else the object would spiral in or slingshot out, but this is true for both Abeloth’s planet and the station.
Centerpoint and Sinkhole are in stable zones and orbits. Abeloth's planet is close to but outside Centerpoint's stable zone, meaning she's still in proximity to the black holes.
  • Stable Zone One wasn't actually very stable. Even the slightest perturbation would start a mass on a long, slow fall into one of the adjacent gravity wells. Therefore, anything permanently located inside the zone could only be at the precise center, because that was the only place where the forces were in absolute equilibrium.
But, even disregarding this, we're talking about a something that's closer to The Maw's periphery vs something that's very deep within. You can't compare the Maw Installation to Abeloth's location.
But even a matter of centuries makes little sense if the prison requires her to just voluntarily sit around for a few centuries until she is weakened enough for the prison to do its job.
I said it happened within centuries, which can mean literally anything less than that timeframe. It happening over the course of centuries is never actually stated, and it wasn't part of that point, which is that this shit happens way faster than you're claiming.
Except that is specifically a massively amped state (after literally thousands of years of war)
Even discounting the fact that the state in Fate of the Jedi is still a massively amped state and they say these power levels can be achieved with smaller timeframes, these wars were also galactic or sub-galactic scale affair. What you've said really changes nothing about my point because she still wouldn't have received so massive an amp from such wars if she was operating on a fully-powered universal scale.
which we don’t know how to compare to her base power at her prime.
We know that she got stomped by The Son and Daughter, whom she could easily overpower at her height.

Also, what do you mean by 'we don't know'? You're making the claim that Abeloth musn't have been heavily weakened quickly and scales at least somewhat to her prison conditions, so the onus is on you to prove that Abeloth is relatively close to her prime state for this to work.

Last edited:
I said it happened within centuries, which can mean literally anything less than that timeframe. It happening over the course of centuries is never actually stated, and it wasn't part of the point, which is that this shit happens way faster than you're claiming.

The point is that any significant amount of time doesn’t make any sense, let alone centuries, because then it wouldn’t really be logical to call her prison one that could hold a being of the architects’ power. Since you would basically have to weaken “a being of the architects’ power” to a being nowhere near the architects power before it can do its job. Especially since there is no mention of the Twins holding her in there by Force until she is weak enough to be contained.

Even discounting the fact that the state in Fate of the Jedi is still a massively amped state, these wars were also galactic or sub-galactic scale affair. What you've said really changes nothing because she still wouldn't have received so massive an amp from such wars if she was operating on a universal scale.

And yet even when she escapes she only flees the prison rather than wrecking both stations, which still implies a certain level of relativity to their power.

It should also be noted that Centerpoint Station gets called “the most powerful force in the galaxy, second only to the power of the Force itself” which also places the Mortis Gods and Abeloth below it:

Centerpoint Station, the most powerful force in the galaxy, second only to the power of the Force itself, was created in February 1995 by legendary science fiction author Roger Macbride Allen for his Corellian trilogy series of novels for Bantam Spectra. The station’s power dwarfed that of previous superweapons and left an impression on fans, paving the way for the station’s return as both a setting and superweapon in future novels and role-playing games. This is its story.

We know that she got stomped by The Son and Daughter, whom she could easily overpower at her height.

Except there is no solid proof she even fought the Son and Daughter at her height, let alone “easily” overpowered them. The only evidence for this that people throw around is a mural in which the Son is glowering at her and the Daughter is cowering, which could just as easily be their reactions from her first appearance as an eldritch monstrosity.

In fact she get stated to be individually weaker than either of them:

The architects had a stepmother of sorts named Abeloth, a being similar, but not quite as powerful as the Celestials.

The point is that any significant amount of time doesn’t make any sense, let alone centuries, because then it wouldn’t really be logical to call her prison one that could hold a being of the architects’ power.
There is no point here because you haven't proven that it's a slow process. As I said earlier (I guess you missed that edit), you're the one making the claims, so the onus is on you to prove that it's a slow process, which you've failed to do.
Especially since there is no mention of the Twins holding her in there by Force until she is weak enough to be contained.
Which actually substantiates it being quick. How could they contain her in a prison she was already powerful enough to escape from if the weakening process wasn't quick?

Plus, it's entirely possible that The Son and Daughter would've already destroyed her avatars before fighting Abeloth and dumping her back into The Maw, which would've heavily weakened her again.
And yet even when she escapes she only flees the prison rather than wrecking both stations, which still implies a certain level of relativity to their power.
In her massively weakened state, yes.
It should also be noted that Centerpoint Station gets called “the most powerful force in the galaxy, second only to the power of the Force itself” which also places the Mortis Gods and Abeloth below it:
The Ones literally are the power of The Force (both living and cosmic). Not only that, but they can't even be considered 'in the galaxy' even if they're within material space and not Mortis because they operate on a scale far beyond the galaxy.
Except there is no solid proof she even fought the Son and Daughter at her height, let alone “easily” overpowered them. The only evidence for this that people throw around is a mural in which the Son is glowering at her and the Daughter is cowering, which could just as easily be their reactions from her first appearance as an eldritch monstrosity.
While I disagree with your interpretation, I can't prove it wrong, so I'll concede.

Last edited:
““The first time Abeloth escaped her cage,” Thuruht explained. The Killik led the way up the corridor, through the next archway. They passed a series of panels depicting a massive battle between the cephalopods and the saurians. “The war had been raging only a few centuries when Abeloth was freed. Usually, it takes much longer. Often thousands of years.” “Wait,” Raynar said, stopping beneath the next archway. “You mean every time there is war, Abeloth is freed?” “Not with every war. But yes, when Abeloth escapes, it is always in a time of great strife.” Thuruht started up the corridor again, motioning for Raynar to follow. “Sometimes, when war grows too powerful, the Bringer of Chaos is released. She shatters the old order, so a new one can rise.”

????? Abeloth managed to persist for thousands of years going by this quote which I assume came from the later novels of Legends.

“Over millennia, the function and importance of Centerpoint Station became lost to history. By the time of the Clone Wars, any information regarding the station’s origins or function were unknown, except that the station itself was approximately 100,000 years old. While many researchers and locals had theories, most of the galaxy gave Centerpoint no thought at all. During the fledgling Republic, Centerpoint became a staging area for colonists boarding generation ships. Later, those supporting the colonization industry simply stayed.”

In addition to that, according to a archived old Star War page, the Centerpoint existed for 100,000 years at the bare minimum.

Yes, but Abeloth escapes every few millennia/few centuries. That's what we're talking about.

Anyway, Epyriel, I'm done with this argument (at least for today), and I'm sorry if I came off as rude.

“ Abeloth was a being created as a servant by the three Celestials: the Father, the Daughter, and the Son. In time, Abeloth won the Father’s heart, and became known as the Mother. Nowhere near as powerful as the other members of her new family, and destined to die in what would be an eyeblink for them, Abeloth drank from the Font of Power and bathed in the Pool of Knowledge — both forbidden acts — in hopes it would make her a Celestial.

She couldn’t have been more wrong.

While Abeloth did become a long-lived creature of immense power, it also corrupted her, changing her into something dark and covetous. When she was found out, the Celestials contracted the Killiks of Alderaan to construct a specialized prison of their own design for Abeloth. This prison, known as the Maw, was built by Centerpoint Station. For 100,000 years she languished in her prison, angry, terrified, and worst of all, alone.”
Apparently the Celestials/Ones were the ones who hired the Kiliks to ensure she was imprisoned as long as possible as the Maw was built using Centerpoint Station which was designed to pull in black holes, and other celestial bodies.

The purpose of the station was to create a tractor beam analogue powerful enough to move planets, stars, and even black holes from across the galaxy.

Back