• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode V Attack of the Fanons

Status
Not open for further replies.
25 beats per minute is apparently considered normal heart rate for a healthy human Jedi. They can seemingly calm themselves down and bring their heart rate down to that much, and maintain it as a standard?

@ByAsura
What power/ability would this be?
I know this is from 10 days ago, but I'm not alerted if someone tags me for some reason. Maybe it's an option I chose in the privacy settings.

That'd be body control.

Edit: Turns out there's no notification system (at least that I get), it's just in alerts.
As much of a mess as the closing chapter of the sequel trilogy is, we have to accept that it exists, is Canon, and move on. No sense in giving weight to romours from toxic a-holes just looking to make a few extra bucks of ad-revenue.
As someone who liked TFA and thought TLJ was even better, TROS sucked harder than a black hole collision. I'm gonna have to check out those High Republic novels, though, especially if the feats are good.
This reminds me... Shouldn't pretty much all Canon Jedi have technokinesis, given how they create their lightsabers?
Holocrons are also hologram-based storage devices, and basically every force-user in canon has the ability to access their data and manipulate them at the atomic level. So the Sith, Jedi and Bendu should have this power.

Last edited:
People say it was the ending of TLJ that destroyed the franchise, since it left them with no plotlines. I do agree, but only in the sense that Disney wasn't talented enough to end it properly and had been hard pressed to add in details that didn't really need to be expanded on by this point, like Snoke's origin story.

TLJ actually gave Disney tons of stepping stones, and Allegiance is proof of this; Kylo is actually intimidating, the First Order are effective and bombing planets, Rey has to gather huge amounts of allies, Finn and Poe are together, etc. I've even heard people say they've become less excited for the film because the comic

Obviously it wouldn't translate well as a film (there's way too many plotlines, awful character moments, the overall story isn't made to be a 2.25 hr film, etc), but the First Order fleet, while enormous, is smaller than the Republic Home Fleet, which was said to be a tiny fraction of the Imperial Fleet's size in the ICS books and TLJ novel. So it makes sense that they'd be able to gather a large fighting force in one film, and none of the films ever opened with anyone bombing a city.

Tbh, I can't even remember if I've said this before. I complain about Star Wars way too much.

Last edited:
Game Informer and Jason Schreier reported that there is a Knights of the Old Republic remake game in the works, the story will be rewritten to fit Disney Canon and EA/Bioware are confirmed to not be involved. The process to canonize Revan continues.

Found TFA to be lazy and disappointing, TLJ to be an edgy deconstruction of the franchise and the previous movie with below average plot, and TRoS to be entertaining but embarrassingly brainless.
Kylo had his best chance for redemption after killing Snoke and he rejected it, so for a decent climax the final movie in the trilogy either needs to double down on Kylo being irredemably evil or come up with an excuse for why Kylo is manipulated into being evil (Palpatine) in order to redeem him. Trevorrow's leaked script had an evil Kylo that gets killed in the end, but it seems Disney/LucasFilms felt it would be more profitable for Kylo to get redeemed due to his popularity.

He dies anyway, and not that long after being redeemed. Disney has some very counterintuitive thinking.

If you listen to the director's commentary of TLJ, Rian's intention was to setup Kylo as the Villain of Episode 9. the idea is that Rey and Kylo represent the next generation of their respective sides with them taking the mantle of their teachers after they die respectively.

going from TLJ to TROS hurt me :(.
Same here. It undid everything both of the previous films did.

If you listen to the director's commentary of TLJ, Rian's intention was to setup Kylo as the Villain of Episode 9. the idea is that Rey and Kylo represent the next generation of their respective sides with them taking the mantle of their teachers after they die respectively.
One of the biggest failures of TROS was JJ going all in on fanfic from edgy YouTubers, and translating that into what is the second worst theatrical release Star Wars movie (at least second worst for me). The main problem was that he wasn't given a lot of time by Disney to work on a better script. I should have been worried when he said he had a script ready within less than a month of being confirmed to be the Episode IX helm.

Game Informer and Jason Schreier reported that there is a Knights of the Old Republic remake game in the works, the story will be rewritten to fit Disney Canon and EA/Bioware are confirmed to not be involved. The process to canonize Revan continues.
I have hope for this just because of EA not being involved.

We know Revan is Canon already (so is Malak, I think, because he was featured on a sculpture in Palpatine's lair on Exegol). We also know that he was a notable Sith Lord who was held in high regard by Palpatine. All that is left is to flesh him out in Canon. I just hope it's less fan-fictiony than his Legends self.

I mean it is easier to write a tragic romance story with ReyxKylo if Kylo isn't a legit monstrous tyrant; romance doesn't need to be high-quality to sell 🤷‍♂️. Daisy Ridley said that Ben dying at the end was the only thing that never changed in TRoS rewrites, and the question was whether there will be a kiss or no kiss (I know, cringe).

To get the elephant out of the room, Gina Carano has been fired after an extra-edgy Instagram post (look it up if you want on your own as this is not the place to discuss it, even though I think the post was dumb), she was reportedly warned by her co-workers about controversial social media behavior, and a LucasFilms source told Hollywood Reporter that a recast is not expected. At least her character becoming a marshall is a decent character arc conclusion.

The Mandalorian is nominated for Best Drama in the Golden Globes. Not sure if award shows are still taken seriously nowadays.

Rian Johnson said that his Star Wars movie triology is still on after he finishes a few projects. I interpret it as Rian Johnson still wanting to do a movie triology, but it is up to the whims of Lucasfilms managment; a bit over a year ago Kathleen Kennedy said that they are moving away from triologies, Rian didn't get a shoutout in Disney's 10-year plan in investor day, and there is a history of unceremoniously switching the directors they announced over 'creative differences'. Don't think he is suited for a triology in a long running franchise, especially after he said that the worldbuilding aspect in stories doesn't interest him.

The High Republic comic author confirmed that the lightsaber Physics Manipulation feat was an error, so we can scratch off any plans for an upgrade.

Charles Soule will be doing a five-issue Boba Fett comic miniseries.

According to a leak the Republic Commando game is getting a Nintendo Switch port. Heard good things about the game.

It appears that the Visual Guide book for The Mandalorian got cancelled. Unlikely to be related to the Gina Carano situation, as reducing mention of her character only needs a minor delay.

If anyone is interested, the Star Wars Youtube channel started posting High Republic lore videos.

I mean it is easier to write a tragic romance story with ReyxKylo if Kylo isn't a legit monstrous tyrant; romance doesn't need to be high-quality to sell 🤷‍♂️. Daisy Ridley said that Ben dying at the end was the only thing that never changed in TRoS rewrites, and the question was whether there will be a kiss or no kiss (I know, cringe).

To get the elephant out of the room, Gina Carano has been fired after an extra-edgy Instagram post (look it up if you want on your own as this is not the place to discuss it, even though I think the post was dumb), she was reportedly warned by her co-workers about controversial social media behavior, and a LucasFilms source told Hollywood Reporter that a recast is not expected. At least her character becoming a marshall is a decent character arc conclusion.

The Mandalorian is nominated for Best Drama in the Golden Globes. Not sure if award shows are still taken seriously nowadays.

Rian Johnson said that his Star Wars movie triology is still on after he finishes a few projects. I interpret it as Rian Johnson still wanting to do a movie triology, but it is up to the whims of Lucasfilms managment; a bit over a year ago Kathleen Kennedy said that they are moving away from triologies, Rian didn't get a shoutout in Disney's 10-year plan in investor day, and there is a history of unceremoniously switching the directors they announced over 'creative differences'. Don't think he is suited for a triology in a long running franchise, especially after he said that the worldbuilding aspect in stories doesn't interest him.

The High Republic comic author confirmed that the lightsaber Physics Manipulation feat was an error, so we can scratch off any plans for an upgrade.

Charles Soule will be doing a five-issue Boba Fett comic miniseries.

According to a leak the Republic Commando game is getting a Nintendo Switch port. Heard good things about the game.

It appears that the Visual Guide book for The Mandalorian got cancelled. Unlikely to be related to the Gina Carano situation, as reducing mention of her character only needs a minor delay.

If anyone is interested, the Star Wars Youtube channel started posting High Republic lore videos.

No comment on the Reylo thing...

Carano's social media behaviour was largely tolerated. Even I didn't give a damn. I think people at Lucasfilm started really looking down on her behaviour after . . . you know . . . that incident.

I don't know about the Golden Globes. But stats confirm that Mandalorian and TCW S7 were the two most in-demand TV shows on streaming platforms. That's good.

After re-watching The Last Jedi more and more, I have actually come to have faith in Johnson as a Star Wars story-teller. My only issue with him would be the battles; I just don't like the way he does battles.

Even I always thought that feat was off. Nice to see confirmation and an author admitting error on his part.

Yeah, people are saying this could be a Canon iteration of Shadows of the Empire (which had many inconsistencies, but was good). I hope they manage this crossover properly. And I hope they keep the art more consistent than in past crossovers.

Republic Commando is a damn good game. Multiplayer is nothing noteworthy (though not bad) but the campaign itself is great and fun. It has some good replay value, and you can do some crazy stupid shit with cheats. My only issues with the campaign are that the highest difficulty setting (there are three - Easy, Medium, Hard) is almost impossible to play on without cheats (and I say this as someone who regularly played and beat Halo 2 on Legendary) and the repetitiveness of the Kashyyyk mission.

Well, that's a ******* bummer. And here I was looking forward to it. Though, truth be told, I have come to prefer the visual guides done by Jason Fry and Daniel Wallace to Hidalgo's.

Yeah. I've been watching those.

I hope we get Vision-driven Directors for Star Wars. Id rather have something made by one vision that I might not like to something made by a committee to appeal to the lowest common denominator

It was outright confirmed to be a hyperspace ram by the creators, which I even linked in the original post—your opinion on the subject has no bearing on facts. This same hyperspace effect (a ship moving at vast speeds in realspace without the effect) is also shown in the Clone Wars episode Jedi Crash, and a ship was going to be incinerated by a star while in hyperspace during this same episode.

Looking at it now, I'd say it's inconsistent, but I believe Hera does a hyperspace ram just before TLJ came out.

Edit: In Kindred, which came out a month before the release of TLJ (though I doubt the episode was produced before Rian thought of using Hyperspace ramming), Hera uses her Y-wing (not X-wing, like I thought) to jump into Hyperspace and obliterate a hangar. The Holdo Manoeuvre in TLJ was also confirmed by Pablo Hidalgo to be inspired by the Malevolence's Hyperspace ram (another interview from Rian in 2018 confirms that it was Hidalgo's idea and that Hyperspace ramming isn't a standard tactic), and Tarkin brings up Hyperspace ramming.

Last edited:
Let's just take a moment to appreciate the fact that even the genocidal ******* Galactic Empire and Sith Eternal, who have no qualms about ordering BDZs and planet busting at the drop of a hat, didn't make hyperspace ramming a regular tactic. Just goes to show how insane and rare it really is within the verse (and also probably very expensive to throw away capital-ship-size resources for).

Finally, someone says it.

I express similar doubt that—even if the tactic were viable—the Rebellion would waste a capital ship just to moderately inconvenience something dozens of times more massive than the Supremacy. They make it clear that even one ship, let alone a Star Cruiser, is a massive contribution to their fleet, and the Empire had a galaxy-wide starfleet at is peak, just one section of which (Death Squadron) outgunned, outmanned and outnumbered the entire Alliance Navy.

The Battle of Scariff, Yavin and Endor shows that strike forces are significantly more effective. The Navy relies on hit and run tactics due to its superior Starfighters, and keeps their larger fleet on the move.

Let's just take a moment to appreciate the fact that even the genocidal ******* Galactic Empire and Sith Eternal, who have no qualms about ordering BDZs and planet busting at the drop of a hat, didn't make hyperspace ramming a regular tactic. Just goes to show how insane and rare it really is within the verse (and also probably very expensive to throw away capital-ship-size resources for).
There's also the fact that lightspeed doesn't exactly work the same way as it does in our universe, so the presumed destruction is probably inaccurate as it clearly doesn't scale linearly and seems to work on a case-to-case basis deal.

While The Admiral might be the dumbest leader in star wars history. 3 out of 4 capital ships get blown up and dozens of shuttles get destroyed before messing with Star Wars canon forever. Fighting with Poe causing an uprising on the ship letting a scent operation destroy resources. Because Fuel InTLJ is suddenly a major issue when it was almost never the shuttlepod travels tens of thousands of light years in under mere hours with the little issue but a capital ship can not reasonably make it to a planet or even defueling all the small craft and put thier fuel in the capital ships. The Bombers only word because the emery armed with resurgent and a planet-killing dreadnought did not open fire on the fleet the second it dropped right out of hyperspace. Or letting the Resurgent battlecruisers that one of them out guns the entire fleet by a few dozens of times alone and thier are at least a few of them. Intercept the fleet and cour them or letting like a dozen make micro hyperspace jumps in front of the fleet and letting all guns fire at all. Or letting out a few thousand tie fighters and a few hundred landers on the planet and the fleet itself. And why shuttle the largest and most powerful ship they have then it has the capabilities to repair itself over enough time resources and money. and when the ship could have a few dozen super death lasers. It would be nigh-invincible, to begin with.

The Malevolence did not hyperspace ram we never saw the ship enter hyperspace or make and produce the background. It was subspace ramming just because the hyperspace was active does not mean it entered hyperspace .while lightspeed does indeed works differently from the real-life version.
It did. Again, your opinion has no weight because A) it's confirmed by the creators, even very explicitly serving as the basis for the jump in TLJ, and B) this same effect is shown in the Clone Wars.

Also, subspace is used for communications in Star Wars (I think this is mentioned literally one time in the Clone Wars cartoon if you're looking for canonical examples). Hyperspace is an alternate dimension accessed by going at extremely high velocities that allows characters to achieve FTL travel, and has no connection to Subspace.
The ship also was not a battlecruiser-sized warship taking extreme amounts of damage plus that would be an outliner, to begin with.
The Malevolence is 4 kilometres long. It's bigger than the Raddus and every Star Destroyer in canon (super star destroyers and dreadnoughts excluded). The fact that it was damaged is null and void because Anakin specifically sabotaged the Hyperdrive that had been repaired.
Ships in hyperspace before the Last Jedi entered a space not in our real universe meaning when u wing hyperspace jumps or the republic attack cruiser hyperspacing out of the ventators hanger bay should have been destroyed by the hyperspace and when the falcon comes out of hyperspace on top of Starkiller base all three of those ships should have been destroyed outright thier were not.
Hyperspace is an alternate dimension, but it's also conterminous with realspace, meaning large objects leave Mass Shadows. Han Solo even mentions the dangers of flying too close to supernovas in the first movie.

The fact that the opposite of what your saying never happens in Star Wars doesn't mean they're wrong, it means that your interpretation is. Also, Hera went through a gap, so she didn't slam into anything, but still interacted with realspace.

The Falcon shouldn't have been destroyed, it just normally wouldn't be able to jump into Hyperspace in a large gravity well. But they explain that they turned this function off so that it could.
And your opinions as valid as you think they are. Also, have zero bearings on the facts. It was a stupid edgelord movie and one that was massively dumb for that time. They could have made it that Supremacy hyperdrive gets blown up or its systems get overloaded something like that. It's a plot hole at best of times and screwed up at the worst of times. The Clone Wars is on percent in times of lore nothing this.
You're the one misunderstanding lore here, and outright ignoring the literal creators of the Clone Wars saying the moons were hyperspace rammed. Star Wars lore has also established Hyperspace ramming in guides, Legends, etc. Nobody screwed up except you.
While The Admiral might be the dumbest leader in star wars history. 3 out of 4 capital ships get blown up and dozens of shuttles get destroyed before messing with Star Wars canon forever. Fighting with Poe causing an uprising on the ship letting a scent operation destroy resources.
She was following Leia's plan (get to Dantooine, which was only cracked open by a mini-Death Star) the entire time, and what Poe did made literally no difference. 3 of them were destroyed because they ran out of fuel, so Holdo did nothing here. In fact, everyone on those ships (except the captains) departed to the Raddus safely, and she eventually saved pretty much the entire Resistance afterwards. It's contrived, but her plan worked perfectly. Although her leaving Poe out of the loop was a bit dumb (it's clearly not Poe specifically, though, because there were other mutineers, which is actually even stupider).
Because Fuel InTLJ is suddenly a major issue when it was almost never the shuttlepod travels tens of thousands of light years in under mere hours with the little issue but a capital ship can not reasonably make it to a planet or even defueling all the small craft and put thier fuel in the capital ships. The Bombers only word because the emery armed with resurgent and a planet-killing dreadnought did not open fire on the fleet the second it dropped right out of hyperspace.
A) they were caught in the middle of an evacuation, meaning they couldn't fully fuel their crafts, B) fuel is literally the reason why Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon went to Tatooine in The Phantom Menace.
Or letting the Resurgent battlecruisers that one of them out guns the entire fleet by a few dozens of times alone and thier are at least a few of them.
This I will definitely grant you. Space is 3-D and the bombers could/should have been fired on. Plus, the First Order's fleet formation was dreadful in this scene and could have been way more effective.
Intercept the fleet and cour them or letting like a dozen make micro hyperspace jumps in front of the fleet and letting all guns fire at all.
The Resistance fleet were faster. Microjumps of hundreds of thousands of kilometres (let alone a few thousand) are extremely difficult in Star Wars, and the First Order fleet were right behind them, so they would have both been destroyed. If Microjumps were so easy, then it wouldn't have happened once, with great concern, by Anakin Skywalker (a Force sensitive and one of the singular greatest pilots in the galaxy).

Also, Hyperspace is charted into Hyperlanes, which is why blockades in Star Wars aren't just circumvented. This goes to show that Star Wars lore doesn't support what you say.
Or letting out a few thousand tie fighters and a few hundred landers on the planet and the fleet itself.
They did send fighters and Walkers, but the First Order didn't send thousands of landers/fighters or the entire fleet because the entire FO fleet was destroyed. I genuinely wonder if you watched the whole film.
And why shuttle the largest and most powerful ship they have then it has the capabilities to repair itself over enough time resources and money. and when the ship could have a few dozen super death lasers. It would be nigh-invincible, to begin with.
What does this even mean?

Honestly, TLJ wasn't even that good. You don't even have to look far, let alone make up criticism to complain about. There's more than enough mistakes in the film itself, and you even begin to realise the movie is even dumber by looking into it (like the mutineer stuff that I mentioned). Fuel, hyperspace, microjumps, etc are objectively wrong criticisms. The filmmakers just looked deeper into Star Wars than you did.

Last edited:
Yes Did like 3 years ago, Would have been able and powerful enough starship to have dozens of death star style lasers. It would have been a far more interesting design than what we got. they clearly do not understand hyperspace you outright said it was inconsistent and a bad movie. The most truthful answer I have seen a few days from this board.If hyperspace ramming is possible so a hyperspace micro jumps they had hyperspace tracking in this movie witch is not import in the next movie. Then what dozens of shuttles were destroyed before she did anything in the first place. She certainly did take her time and indirectly killed hundreds of personal. Yeah because while that makes sense for thier small craft that does not make sense for thier capital ships. I have not seen a Star Wars movie in well over a year. So I will certainly be missing a lot of the stuff in those movies and will be getting them wrong at least some of the time. I really hope you are joking about that stuff because of the things you mentioned. Plus Disney has a habit of stealing plagiarising and not paying thier employees the right way. I meant to say that the First Order should have launched thier small craft directly at the fleet before starting the attack. It would have bought them some time and just like 4 fighters and a special forces craft. I agree that Poe did a little tough in the movie to act like an asshole to people but he should have kept his rank. And just were moved to jail for a day. or did a little extra work. We can agree with that at the very least. Yes, admiral purple hair women did not kill anyone but she should have protected other members of the fleet at her own cost that is what someone like Ackbar or Raddus would have done and would have made her into a powerful and true hero. Not some kind of wired wanbe military leader and she is apparently famous. For Plot reasons only in the movie.

Last edited:
Then it's fine and are messing up thier own lore. It should visibly look like hyperspace ramming, not subspace ramming. That is thier fault.. I understand it was hyperspace ramming but it was poorly executed and contrived hyperspace is one of those systems we know for a fact what it looks like and it was not. Lacking the blue and white wavelength things the noise the loud boom. That was my fault I meant to say but did mot day that had the Supremacy released hee full complement of small craft and leaders at the fleet it could have been destroyed outright that was my fault and you indeed read that the right way. And they should have sent up the moment better I do not have an issue with that moment because it was a one-off and a massive starship to began with. That used a different weapon system in the first place, I am bad a trying, and you just good a read compression, to begin with. That moment in The Phantom Menace makes little real-life or in-universe since they would have been close planets to them it was a plot hole and plot device to drive the movie forward. Plus the Anakin being able to fly an advanced interceptor craft and producing makes little sense in the movie.

Last edited:
I and getting that point wrong Annikin sabotaged the hyperspace that they repaired. Is that what the hyperspace ram was bad even though it was a plot contrived moment and was extremely poorly executed. Okey That is all you needed to say that Anakin Sabatoged the hyperdrive and that caused the Malevolence to hyperspace ram into the movie. That just makes the Last Jedi a poorly though out contrived movie even more than it's been over a year since I watched the clones wars or the mainstream Star Wars movies. The lack of a Disney plus account at the moment. I never say the Rebels episode so more context is needed for me. I am messing like 99 percent of my star wars lore from the movies at the very least I know how hyperspace functions I just did not know whether or not the ship itself hyperspace rammed or the Sabotage from Anakin did that for him. I just lack the proper context because I have not watched Star Wars since Mando. And I only watched Mando and nothing else star wars related in the 2-3 months it was coming out I was watching StarTrek Disco Season 3 at that time. If Disney had faith because none of his projects have made it official and I doubt they ever will soon

And Please by God's word make your post like 10 times shorter it would be easier for me to respond and not have to look at a book. Break them up into 4 or 5 posts if need be it's alright and it pisses me off because I can't properly respond to points if I have to go through near literal pages worth of information in one post just please break it up. It is just better for me to begin with and it helps cut up your points so I know point 1 and point 2 are not the same criticism and points four and point five and also not the same point, please. And yes I am criticizing you because I really can't read those lengthy posts very well at all and breaking them up would be far better than and decoding all of that information.

Yes Did like 3 years ago, It means destroying the supremacy of the fourth largest ship we have seen other than the death stars and Starkiller base. Would have been a powerful enough starship to have dozens of death star style lasers. It would have been a far more interesting design than what we got.
Not sure what you mean here, sorry.
they clearly do not understand hyperspace you outright said it was inconsistent and a bad movie. The most truthful answer I have seen a few days from this board.If hyperspace ramming is possible so a hyperspace micro jumps they had hyperspace tracking in this movie witch is not import in the next movie.
I didn't say it was a bad movie, or inconsistent. I said the Clone Wars could be inconsistent. Also, they did have the Hyperspace effect in TLJ and Rebels, so what more do you want? No Hyperspace ramming at all?

Microjumps are possible, but they are extremely difficult to execute.

I'd argue that TROS had no real place for Hyperspace tracking technology, but it's a terrible movie anyway.
Then what dozens of shuttles were destroyed before she did anything in the first place. She certainly did take her time and indirectly killed hundreds of personal. Yeah because while that makes sense for thier small craft that does not make sense for thier capital ships.
By the Supremacy, and it's because she had no idea they were even capable of being seen by it.

She took as much time as needed to perform a Hyperspace ram.
I have not seen a Star Wars movie in well over a year. So I will certainly be missing a lot of the stuff in those movies and will be getting them wrong at least some of the time. I really hope you are joking about that stuff because of the things you mentioned.
And, no offence, it shows.

Could you rephrase this middle point?
I meant to say that the First Order should have launched thier small craft directly at the fleet before starting the attack on. It would have bought them some time and just like 4 fighters and a special forces craft.
They were mostly destroyed earlier. Plus, as you mention, they tried this (albeit on a smaller scale) and it didn't work because the fleet wasn't able to protect them. Also, it was 3 special forces crafts and a TIE Silencer, which is basically equivalent to a large standard TIE Fighter fleet.
I agree that Poe did a little tough in the movie to act like an asshole to people but he should have kept his rank. And just were moved to jail for a day. or did a little extra work. We can agree with that at the very least. Yes did did not kill anyone but she should have protected other members of the fleet at her own cost that is what someone like Ackbar or Raddus would have done and would have made her into a powerful and true hero.
This kind of stuff I can agree with, but Luke also became a Commander 3 years after destroying the Death Star, so it doesn't surprise me.

She took their craft aboard, so she did. She even died saving them because of the Hyperspace.
Then it's fine and are messing up thier own lore. It should visibly look like hyperspace ramming, not subspace ramming. That is thier fault. I am not ignoring them I am contradicting them outright nearly looking up hyperspace would have proved to them they are wrong. I understand it was hyperspace ramming but it was poorly executed and contrived hyperspace is one of those systems we know for a fact what it looks like and it was not. Lacking the blue and white wavelength things the noise the loud boom.
There is no subspace ramming (unless you're comparing it with Star Wars).

They're not really messing up lore, though. We saw the inside of the ship once, and the none of the ships (including the ones in TLJ and Rebels) fully entered Hyperspace in these cases.

It's space. Of course there's no boom. Plus, TLJ did have the hyperspace effects.
That moment in The Phantom Menace makes little real-life or in-universe since they would have been close planets to them it was a plot hole and plot device to drive the movie forward
Tatooine was explicitly very close, and they still had fuel despite the Hyperdrive leaking.
I and getting that point wrong Annikin sabotaged the hyperspace that they repaired. Is that what the hyperspace ram was bad even though it was a plot contrived moment and was extremely poorly executed. Okey That is all you needed to say that Anakin Sabatoged the hyperdrive and that caused the Malevolence to hyperspace ram into the movie.
You mean the show. The Supremacy is the one in the movie.
And Please by God's word make your post like 10 times shorter it would be easier for me to respond and not have to look at a book. Break them up into 4 or 5 posts if need be it's alright and it pisses me off because I can't properly respond to points if I have to go through near literal pages worth of information in one post just please break it up. It is just better for me to begin with and it helps cut up your points so I know point 1 and point 2 are not the same criticism and points four and point five and also not the same point, please. And yes I am criticizing you because I really can't read those lengthy posts very well at all and breaking them up would be far better than and decoding all of that information.
Your posts are 10 times longer than mine and posted as clumps of paragraphs with very little grammar and punctuation. I've been breaking them up, so what do you mean?

Anyway, I'm done responding. You've admitted that your information is mostly from the films (even though there's nothing that contradicts Hyperspace ramming) and from a while ago. Once again, TLJ is flawed, I don't disagree, but you're just wrong on many levels.

Last edited:
Looks like I am Being Hypocritical I meant to say the vast portions of nothingness in between the words. Thier is nothing that contradicts hyperspace ramming we can agree on that. Yes, it was in one movie and I am not shocked Anikin got promoted to commander even if he did destroy the death star. On so only the Raddus and Rebel did they fully enter hyperspace okay than that makes a lot more sense to begin. Okay, but how did they not know they were capable of being seen by that surely it must have bottom sensors in at the very least some points. Thank you for the convocation excellent workman.I loved it and hoped you did

Last edited:
If it's without a hyperdrive, it's just ramming. There's no "subspace ramming".

Last edited:
I shouldn't go into that discussion any further than I have already.

Finally, someone says it.

I express similar doubt that—even if the tactic were viable—the Rebellion would waste a capital ship just to moderately inconvenience something dozens of times more massive than the Supremacy. They make it clear that even one ship, let alone a Star Cruiser, is a massive contribution to their fleet, and the Empire had a galaxy-wide starfleet at is peak, just one section of which (Death Squadron) outgunned, outmanned and outnumbered the entire Alliance Navy.

The Battle of Scariff, Yavin and Endor shows that strike forces are significantly more effective. The Navy relies on hit and run tactics due to its superior Starfighters, and keeps their larger fleet on the move.
Yup.

And even for the empire, it made more sense to carry out BDZs and build planet-killing superlasers than to hyperspace ram a planet with tens of millions of tonnes of material that could be used for more practical purposes.

Also, within Canon, the clusterfuck that was the Great Hyperspace Disaster in the High Republic era probably made military planners skeptical of hyperspace ramming as a viable and easily controllable tactic for battle.

There's also the fact that lightspeed doesn't exactly work the same way as it does in our universe, so the presumed destruction is probably inaccurate as it clearly doesn't scale linearly and seems to work on a case-to-case basis deal.
Yeah, we also know from TROS that this kind of thing is a one-in-a-million kind of deal.

@ByAsura
@Shadowbokunohero

Apparently the fusion reactor of a YT-2600 light freighter (the whole ship would probably be the size of a large apartment) going critical can unleash enough energy to melt half of Echo Base and irradiate the rest.

Echo base is literally the size of a mountain. The hangars alone can house a total of thirty 90 metre long GR-75 medium transports (those ships are the size of a 27 to 30 storey apartment building) plus at least 60 starfighters and several other light freighters. The fusion reactor in question is the size of a small room.

Could you provide the quotes? I might be able to do a calc.
Happens in this comic issue:

I'm trying to find some references for Hoth. Are there any good ones for some of the ice (not that cutaway one from Complete Vehicles)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back