• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode V Attack of the Fanons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see how the second point could be a strike from a licensing perspective. No matter how stupid they are or sound, that thing was approved twice by Lucasfilm officials, including Splendid Ap creating the hollow sterile Disney universe.

He created those guides from a perspective that the EU is canon, he explains why is his Guide to the Timeline Holocron.

Not "hollow" or "sterile" enough that he apparently needs to take most of the stuff out of the Disney canon and insert it into his fan-fic timeline, or even take the World Between Worlds which debuted in the Disney canon and turn it into a plot device for SE.

He cannot even be bothered to understand that Legends and the Disney canon being separate continuities means their respective stories aren't supposed to influence each other. That was the point of a new canon continuity being established in the first place. Yet his website, his "Timeline", deliberately ignores that fact in favor of a "One Canon" timeline that doesn't exist and can't exist.

Not "hollow" or "sterile" enough that he apparently needs to take most of the stuff out of the Disney canon and insert it into his fan-fic timeline, or even take the World Between Worlds which debuted in the Disney canon and turn it into a plot device for SE.

He cannot even be bothered to understand that Legends and the Disney canon being separate continuities means their respective stories aren't supposed to influence each other. That was the point of a new canon continuity being established in the first place. Yet his website, his "Timeline", deliberately ignores that fact in favor of a "One Canon" timeline that doesn't exist and can't exist.
I completely understand your reason to not like his reasoning because I don't like it either, but that has nothing to do with how canonical SE is. While true that Joe wrote that Splendid Ap joke with the intent to poke fun (given he upvoted posts that mentioned the joke on Quora), it doesn't negate SE having the requirements to be part of the lore just because its author was childish. Joe's timeline is literally his headcanon as he straight up says "EU-Conflicting Works from the Disney Universe."

Joe used quotes by people from the publishing/licensing department of Lucas Licensing to create the timeline. They were far more liberal when it came down to what was canon compared to Lucas. His reasoning is wrong though (Lucas is the highest authority). Lucas always separates his universe from Legends, which he refers to as the commercial universe-the exceptions are some novels like Revenge of the Sith, which Lucas personally changed to make it more consistent. Joe's timeline is based entirely on statements made by Lucas Licensing folks, and he disregards George Lucas completely in terms of canonical authority.

And here peoples thought Star Wars is dead after The Last Jedi, little did they know Disney pulled out their trump card: Star Wars Anime

Yet peoples complaining about Star Wars Vision didn't knew that Star Wars was inspired by Japanese media back in the past, show that how low the knowledge SW fandom has

Anyway since SWV are a thing, i would gladly participate in SW discussion thread as former SW lurkers lel (i like SW a lot but didn't had too much attention to this franchise)

Also Shady oh Shady, that pictures you posted in previous page was broken on mine

Last edited:
Joe used quotes by people from the publishing/licensing department of Lucas Licensing to create the timeline. They were far more liberal when it came down to what was canon compared to Lucas. His reasoning is wrong though (Lucas is the highest authority). Lucas always separates his universe from Legends, which he refers to as the commercial universe-the exceptions are some novels like Revenge of the Sith, which Lucas personally changed to make it more consistent. Joe's timeline is based entirely on statements made by Lucas Licensing folks, and he disregards George Lucas completely in terms of canonical authority.
Exactly.

Star Wars has a lot of inspirations from Japanese culture yeah. This isn’t really that out of left field and it’s exciting to see become reality. It is frustrating when some fans will complain for the sake of complaining or before even giving something a chance.

Not to mention Star Wars is already best anime

Like seriously, Jedi are basically space samurai with the force philosophy being similar with bushido

With Kurosawa film inspired Star Wars and now Stars Wars anime is a thing, it has come to full circle

Is that what people are really saying? I haven't seen any videos about it, and it's kind of hard to see large groups mustering enough effort to care that much.

Yeah, ANH, the Jedi and the Maul fight in Rebels were heavily inspired by The Hidden Fortress, Seven Samurai and tons of eastern space media.

Is that what people are really saying? I haven't seen any videos about it, and it's kind of hard to see large groups mustering enough effort to care that much.

Yeah, ANH, the Jedi and the Maul fight in Rebels were heavily inspired by The Hidden Fortress, Seven Samurai and tons of eastern space media.
There is the video about SWV reaction, it's a meme but it all sum it up plus the comment section are somehow felt negative towards SWV

Star wars is straight-up just an amalgamation of Chambara Samurai Films, Flash Gordon and Westerns.

hell, the Force Awakens alone is inspired by Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind a studio Ghibli film.

also in turn Star Wars Influenced a ton of anime as well, so its a symbiotic relationship.
Yeah, the franchise does appear to have a big following in Japan.

Hell, on Star Wars day you can see tonnes of mangaka post their own Star Wars fanart on their social media.

DW6OKBqVwAEgj-D

Star Wars drawn by One Punch Man's Murata.

DQ1ZfRnVoAAC9ba.jpg-large.jpeg

Star Wars drawn by Horikoshi
rdjwuz8z0xb61.png

Star Wars is huge in Japan lol

Surprisingly, so is Halo, with Halo 3 and Reach being huge hits there. Which is especially weird considering it was Xbox series exclusive till they dropped for PC in late 2019 to early 2020.
stranger things aswell, it's weird because in contrast outside of spiderman the MCU isn't uber popular there.

I never heard of Halo being big in Japan. I know Japanese companies made Halo Legends, but I never really heard of the games being very popular as Xbox was very poorly sold in Japan. Star Wars did have a lot of notable video games back in the NES and SNES era, so that's one hint of how big Star Wars was in Japan.

stranger things aswell, it's weird because in contrast outside of spiderman the MCU isn't uber popular there.
Yeah, that is weird.

How about DOOM?
Not sure.

I never heard of Halo being big in Japan. I know Japanese companies made Halo Legends, but I never really heard of the games being very popular as Xbox was very poorly sold in Japan. Star Wars did have a lot of notable video games back in the NES and SNES era, so that's one hint of how big Star Wars was in Japan.
Yeah. It is, actually. Halo 3 and Reach even made it to bestseller charts in their respective years of release in Japan.

Oh yeah, I did look it up; there was a surprise that Halo 3 and Reach did have a popularity in Japan; though I did also hear it was a short lived popularity if anything.

Thoughts on Muur and resurrected Krayt scaling?
Muur's scaling was thoroughly debunked here.

Krayt is an oddball. His prime is during Legacy, but his feats are far inferior compared to when he faced Abeloth and Obi-Wan. I personally have him at around Exar Kun's level, but still above TOR titans bar Tenebrae.

Last edited:
Muur's whole tier thing is b.s to begin with. His amulet was made by someone else, and it has the power to basically turn people into demons. It's not his own abilities that would allow Vader to kill Palpatine.

I'm working on a huge upgrade for Legends shield power. Legends ships are still High 6-C, and the best part is that they scale to force-users.

The highest canon Capital Ships are Island level.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back