• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode V Attack of the Fanons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I looked into it. It’s just a hard cover edition of the same guide, not a republished version or something. It’s still old canon.

Wasn't there some sort of book that pits the Disney Canon version of Characters against each other that had ESB Vader beating RotS Yoda? I remember someone bringing that up to me before.

powerscaling in star wars is a pain because fights in star wars very rarely follow the A>B and B>C thus A>C thing.
That's because they often follow the rock-paper-scissors rule.

A>B, B>C, C>A

This is basically what sums up ROTS Anakin, Dooku, Kenobi. Antoine Bandele and Jensaarai1 did a great analyses of that scaling.

But it doesn't contradict. Son of Dathomir is both legends and canon.
Son of Dathomir is exclusive to the new Canon. All comics & books released May 2014 onward are exclusive to new Canon.

One could argue it falls under Legends as well since it is based on unfinished Clone Wars scripts. But those scripts never made it past concept stage; ditto for Dark Disciple. It's not like the crystal crisis on Utapau footage.

RotS Anakin, Dooku and Obi-Wan being Rock, Paper, Scissors.

If we're going by Legends then Obi-Wan beat an Anakin that wasn't even at his best and still damn near Stalemated him until Anakin got Cocky. In fact, Obi-Wan said that Anakin's strikes were going to break his wrist if he hot any harder.

If we're going by Legends then Obi-Wan beat an Anakin that wasn't even at his best and still damn near Stalemated him until Anakin got Cocky. In fact, Obi-Wan said that Anakin's strikes were going to break his wrist if he hot any harder.
Yeah. Obi-Wan was always strong, but Anakin slightly more so. Going by Legends, we also know that Anakin is faster thanks to that one statement by Durge (he says Anakin is the fastest Jedi he's ever fought despite having fought Kenobi thrice before).

That's true, but it's worth noting that Legends Obi-Wan wasn't giving it his all, either, and that Anakin was amped (this same quote strongly implies Sith Anakin > Jedi Anakin). He eventually decided to give his all near the end of the fight, and they were about equal.

That's true, but it's worth noting that Legends Obi-Wan wasn't giving it his all, either, and that Anakin was amped (this same quote strongly implies Sith Anakin > Jedi Anakin). He eventually decided to give his all near the end of the fight, and they were about equal.
I know he was Amped, but he still wasn't at his best since he was Conflicted for a noticeable portion of the fight and he hadn't Slept or Ate for like 3 days at this point so he wasn't exactly in Peak Form.

I know he was Amped, but he still wasn't at his best since he was Conflicted for a noticeable portion of the fight and he hadn't Slept or Ate for like 3 days at this point so he wasn't exactly in Peak Form.
I didn't say he was at his best, just more powerful than his Jedi self.

Does anyone find it interesting how Taco day comes immediately after Star Wars day? We need some Mexican Jedi around here.

Im busy with a Sequel Trilogy CRT and I just realized how barebones some of our canon ability profiles are.
Outside of like Darth Vader lol

That premier episode was great. 1 down and 15 to go. I'm glad the next one is on Friday, but bummed we'll have to wait a week from then on for a new episode.

And, good lord, Omega is adorable. She's already among my favourite clones now.

as someone who thought the bad batch back in Clone Wars were shallow carcitures, this episode was great.
I knew when we first saw them that they would be fleshed out i future material. I expected it to be in books & comics, not their own damn TV show - and it turns out to be darn good.

May the 4th be with you always to everyone
👍

Considering Revenge of the 5th this is a really hilarious thought to me lol
Diego Luna could have played Mexican Revan, if he wasn't already playing another prominent character with his own TV show.

though I hate how the episode retcons the Kanan Jarrus comic.
TCW Season 7 had some of the same issues. It retconned Ahsoka's fixed up lightsabers, when Rex removed his inhibitor chip, where Order 66 was executed against Ahsoka, where Rex's fake grave is, and who the fake grave belongs to.

My biggest issue thus far is that Kanan's moment of personal conflict with Commander Grey & Captain Styles was taken away. That was such a great scene in the comics and would have been great to put in this show. Now they're just nameless and faceless CTs with no personality. The armour colour retcon I can live with.

Other minor issues I have are Depa Billaba's lightsaber and kid Kanan having his adult voice. The latter was just weird. Don't get me wrong. I love Freddie Prince Jr. But that was just weird.

Im more forgiving about the Ahsoka thing because, at the time, it looked like TCW was never going to return.
on the other hand, this is Filoni and Co actively taking and knowing about a story and changing it for their show, I know People treat Dave as the second coming of Jesus but he has an annoying habit of wanting to reference things from other star wars stuff without actually representing them accurately, this was fine back in the day because there was an Established Canon Hierarchy, but now we get told everything is meant to be canon and Cohesive and we still get annoying retcons like this. Generally, im not a prude when it comes to minor stuff like this, I care about the emotional storytelling far more than what is or isn't canon, It just bugs me on principle because they making promises they clearly can't keep.

Not that big a deal for those who haven't read the Kanan comic, though I can see where certain complaints are coming from. My guess is that, while all things are considered canon, they're still taking a similar approach to what was taken pre-Disney: anything in the movies or TV series takes precedent over other materials.

What? Explain.
Characters were able to fight and kill different versions of themselves from different points in time in the Holiday Special without affecting the future timeline. As far as Im aware this is resistance to the Time Paradox stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back