• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode V Attack of the Fanons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screw it. I’ll just do it now.

Firstly, the Junior novel is non-canon. Disney has a contract with Del Ray and re-released the book. If not having a Legends banner means something is non canon, then I guess the old complete vehicles (a book re-canonised and massively altered three times just to fit into the new canon) is also canonical.

Secondly, even if Kanan was referring to Anakin’s power and not his heroic acts, Kanan’s word is worthless. He was a Padawan who’d heard stories of Anakin, a guy that was always hyped up for being the most powerful Jedi of his generation and the Chosen One. Obi-Wan, a more credible source, states that he’s one of the Jedi’s most powerful in the Clone Wars film.

The first one literally says he believed he surpassed Palpatine, not that he is more powerful. The second is also clearly referring to Anakin’s perspective.

This severely contradicts the movie. Snoke effortlessly toyed with both Rey and Kylo, the former of whom proceeds to match the latter in a telekinetic struggle minutes after Snoke died.

This was probably retconned, tbh. Weakened Palpatine > Snoke.
Even weakened palpatine was being amped by a literal darkside nexus and used hax against Kylo and Rey via life draining.

Last edited:
I think he's comparable to some version of Palp, just not ... ROTJ Palpatine
It's the only Palpatine he has reference to, but ROTJ Luke never saw Palpatine at his best so Luke's POV here isn't reliable.
But what it does mean is that Snoke was at least Considered a Threat by the Likes of Jedi Master Luke who is Unquantifiably stronger than his ROTJ self. meaning Snoke isn't some Scrub force user that gets beaten by random prequel era Jedi like many battle-boarders like to argue.

This is referring to TROS Kylo not TLJ Kylo. Even storygroup members have stated that Kylo surpassed Snoke.
I guess that's fine, then (albeit a little strange). TROS Kylo matched Rey in a force struggle, who far surpassed her TLJ self. Could I see the quote?

Tbh, what was the point of this argument in the first place?

Also, the Databank calls Snoke less powerful than weakened Sidious in dark side mastery. So I still think it's a retcon, unless Palpatine truly was holding back.

Last edited:
Found something interesting in the TLJ novelization. I'd always assumed the ships entered hyperspace because they were about to pass the speed of light (like they did in the old canon).
  • “But hyperspace tracking takes a lot of computing power,” she said. “The whole fleet would have to be computer banks, which is crazy. Unless…” “Unless what?” Finn asked warily. “A static hyperspace field generator,” Rose said. “That’s how they’re doing it.” “A what now?” Rose bit her lip. It looked like she’d forgotten he was there. “Instead of adding lots of computers, you add lots of processing cycles,” she said. “You do that by surrounding the computers with a hyperspace field generator. You could speed them up a billionfold…assuming nothing melts or gets accelerated right through the ship’s hull. It’s theoretical stuff—super-advanced tech. But if anyone could make it work, it’s the First Order.”

Last edited:
l7sfEZT.png

Palpatine turned Shaggy to the darkside by promising him the Ultimate Sandwich.
And to save Velma's life?

Always thought those two were good together.

Bruh I'm hoping that in the future we get a whole load of planet level Feats for Canon.
Funnily enough, there is actually a Low 5-B feat in one of the Lego Star Wars series. One character slices a planet in half with a swing of some ancient proto sabre.

Slicing a planet in half is Low 5-B as per one of our reference calcs.

Did you guys see the Interview with Matthew Strover going around.
Oh... Juicy. Do tell.

"Funnily enough, there is actually a Low 5-B feat in one of the Lego Star Wars series. One character slices a planet in half with a swing of some ancient proto sabre."

Is that an outlier, or are there consistent Feats?

"Funnily enough, there is actually a Low 5-B feat in one of the Lego Star Wars series. One character slices a planet in half with a swing of some ancient proto sabre."

Is that an outlier, or are there consistent Feats?
Not sure. Haven't watched the series.

Lego Star Wars is bonkers, so it might be legit.

I thought TLJ was fun, but overall I didn't like it. But back when it first released I hated the movie. Not because of the movie itself, but because of the discourse surrounding it on the internet and especially YouTube.

I thought TLJ was fun, but overall I didn't like it. But back when it first released I hated the movie. Not because of the movie itself, but because of the discourse surrounding it on the internet and especially YouTube.
I liked the movie but became more mixed on it thanks to the same shitty discourse but after I decided to break it down like in 2018 I ended up loving it more.
It's not the best star wars movie or anything nor do I think it's some deconstruction masterpiece but I do think it's overall really solid with a few Eyebrow moments here and there.

I liked the movie but became more mixed on it thanks to the same shitty discourse but after I decided to break it down like in 2018 I ended up loving it more.
It's not the best star wars movie or anything nor do I think it's some deconstruction masterpiece but I do think it's overall really solid with a few Eyebrow moments here and there.
Reminds me of TLOU2 It's a decent game, but you wouldn't know that by looking on the internet.

I UnIronically didn't really like TLOU2 but if I don't like something I just stop engaging with it, as opposed to telling everyone who did that they wrong.
Of course, you can critique things, there's no issue in that but it is tiresome when it's done in bad faith.

Bruh I started watching Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers and the 80s cheese is such a big meme lmao. Count me in as a supporter of the verse.

also I just remembered that this thread is about star wars.

Apparently, TLJ is Strovers Second Fav Star Wars film.

Not surprised. The guy always seemed to me like a guy who would like something like TLJ.

I actually came out of the theater with a mixed opinion on the film, but came to like it more after further viewings. But the discourse around it did kind of ruin the fandom for me, and kind of ruin my enjoyment of Star Wars.

"I actually came out of the theater with a mixed opinion on the film, but came to like it more after further viewings. But the discourse around it did kind of ruin the fandom for me, and kind of ruin my enjoyment of Star Wars."

That's a shame really. Star wars is one of my favourite fictional universes. I know this might sound a bit controversial, but in a fandom like Star wars, the toxicity is going to be pretty high. Not only is it so widely known that it defined pop culture, but it also attracts a lot of the "geek" type fans. The kind of ones who get enraged by diversity and stuff. You know who I'm talking about.

the gatekeeping is also terrible, which I find Absurd because star wars was never niche and is super accessible to literally anyone, I know star wars fans who have never seen the movies but solely love the franchise because of the KOTOR games and another who has only seen A New Hope.
there are so many ways to get into the franchise.

"I actually came out of the theater with a mixed opinion on the film, but came to like it more after further viewings. But the discourse around it did kind of ruin the fandom for me, and kind of ruin my enjoyment of Star Wars."

That's a shame really. Star wars is one of my favourite fictional universes. I know this might sound a bit controversial, but in a fandom like Star wars, the toxicity is going to be pretty high. Not only is it so widely known that it defined pop culture, but it also attracts a lot of the "geek" type fans. The kind of ones who get enraged by diversity and stuff. You know who I'm talking about.
We have a word for them. It starts with 'I' and ends with 'L'.

the gatekeeping is also terrible, which I find Absurd because star wars was never niche and is super accessible to literally anyone, I know star wars fans who have never seen the movies but solely love the franchise because of the KOTOR games and another who has only seen A New Hope.
there are so many ways to get into the franchise.
I do actually have a cousin who is quite knowledgeable on the old Legends Star Wars games but never touched the rest of the material. And the only films he'd seen were the prequels till I got him to watch the original trilogy with me around the time The Force Awakens released.

Um, I wanted to ask a very simple question. Luke constantly refers to Ben and Rey as having an level of power he has only ever seen once in his life, in Ben and Rey respectably. From what I could gather after rewatching some aspects/clips, the reason he said he'll never be as good as Vader, is more so based on his own ruthlessness and conditioning, his ability to supress his own empathy. Because him not being as strong power wise is completely contradicted by all the accolades he's received from Luke, who has seen Vader and fought him, regarding him as his superior.
Keep in mind, this doesn't mean I see Kylo beating Vader, or really Mace, Yoda or anyone like that. Vader has the skill advantage in so many ways that even if I did say they are comparable in raw force power, or if Kylo was stronger, Vader would still stomp him as at this point he has virtually zero combat expertise. Same with any of the Council Members. They stomp them hard at this point.

Um, I wanted to ask a very simple question. Luke constantly refers to Ben and Rey as having an level of power he has only ever seen once in his life, in Ben and Rey respectably. From what I could gather after rewatching some aspects/clips, the reason he said he'll never be as good as Vader, is more so based on his own ruthlessness and conditioning, his ability to supress his own empathy. Because him not being as strong power wise is completely contradicted by all the accolades he's received from Luke, who has seen Vader and fought him, regarding him as his superior.
Keep in mind, this doesn't mean I see Kylo beating Vader, or really Mace, Yoda or anyone like that. Vader has the skill advantage in so many ways that even if I did say they are comparable in raw force power, or if Kylo was stronger, Vader would still stomp him as at this point he has virtually zero combat expertise. Same with any of the Council Members. They stomp them hard at this point.
Luke says he's seen "this kind of raw strength only once before". He might be talking about potential. Guidebooks and other material do say that he considered Ben Solo a sort of new "chosen one".

Given the context of Luke's later statements and comments from Snoke, I think he's talking about potential. But the term raw strength kind of throws that off.
  • LUKE: I've seen this raw strength only once before, in Ben Solo. It didn't scare me enough then. It does now.

• LUKE: And I became a legend. For many years, there was balance.... and then I saw Ben. My nephew with that mighty Skywalker blood. And in my hubris, I thought I could train him, I could pass on my strengths. Han was Han about it, but Leia trusted me with her son. I took him, and a dozen students, and began a training temple. By the time I realized I was no match for the darkness rising in him, it was too late.
  • REY: What happened?
  • LUKE: I went to confront him. And he turned on me. Ben, no!! He must have thought I was dead. When I came to, the temple was burning. He had vanished with a handful of my students. And slaughtered the rest. Leia blamed Snoke, but it was me. I failed. Because I was Luke Skywalker. Jedi master. A legend.

Yes it's Raw Power, and thanks to TROS we know it's the Dyad power, so while not Potential in a conventional sense it just means that they have a large pool to draw from, they still lack the skill or training to perform certain feats, as a large part of the Force has to do with control.

an Analogy I would use is that In the context of those two, more specifically Rey, they using the force like a Sledgehammer, a very powerful Sledgehammer but still a Sledgehammer which is going to limit what you can do as oppose to someone like Luke or Vader that can either wield a sledgehammer, a razor-sharp blade or a practical shovel.

in 2018 Pablo did say Kylo Ren was comparable in Skill and Power to Luke in ROTJ but that tweet has since been deleted and that account locked. so Rip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back