• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Simon revisions (And I guess we also bring up High 1-C. Twice.)

Anyway I already gave my opinion on why the 10th and 11th dimensions mentioned in these scene don't refer to regular universes.

If the statement about "being located between dimensions" doesn't contradict dimensional theory like we thought, then I think rating them as High 1-C should be fine.

Also it seems my idea of what M-theory is wasn't as accurate as I thought. This cleared up some stuff for me.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Okay, so 10th or 11th Dimensional space is establish.
Yes, it is established that 10-11D space exists. Not that the Multidimensional Labyrinth encompasses those dimensions

We already accept that the Anti-Spiral Multidimensional Labyrinth is a real place.

Sure. Never said that it wasn't.

and that it has these many dimensions

Why though? The scan doesn't say that

This line is a direct reference to Brane Cosmology, talking about the 10th and 11th dimensions as being "dimensional universes" contained in membranes.

Fair. Still, it only says that the universe exists between said membranes. That doesn't make it High 1-C. It just means that it's a higher dimensional space existing inside a bigger higher dimensional space.

Matthew Schroeder said:
This line is a direct reference to Brane Cosmology, talking about the 10th and 11th dimensions as being "dimensional universes" contained in membranes.
Okay but, does saying membranes once really justify saying that the people at Gianax obviously did complex research about quantum physics for their anime about people using the ability to reproduce in order to turn the entire moon into a mech?

Just saying Membranes in reference to another universe could be just looked at straight up, as the context would suggest if you just watch it straight up as an average man who doesn't dive into Quantium physics to prove how strong their anime is (with no offense to you intended of course), to say that it's the space between universes. I mean, it could be the case that the whole thing is just made of layers and layers of membranes in membranes, but we could also have a Gurren Lagann spinoff that upgrades everyone to 1-A, so could and is are two very iffy things to put together.

Maybe understanding the basics of this theory doesn't actually require "complex research" that the creators are unlikely to partake in.

Just because most people don't know about something does not mean it is inaccurate.

There is no Tier 1-A with the theory

I still really find it iffy to think this show, in all of it's craziness, had this much thought put into it.

I guess it's not wrong to say there's an implication, but it just... Seems out of place with something like Gurren Lagann.

You know, don't judge a book by its cover, there's more than meets the eye, things may surprise you yada yada yada.

I mean yes, but, on the other hand, if you overthink things, you'll in irony look pretty dumb trying to rip out a bunch of value that simply isn't really there beyond vauge coincidence.

DMUA, well, the show does have genius scientists with Lordgenome and Leeron Littner who Statements is at least option at about the Cosmology of the verse. The statements are option 3 with The Anti-Spiral's inputs.

So based on the analysis of the statement, the High 1-C looks accurate.

I mean, not like the statements aren't reliable, but in the end, writers are often not as knowledgeable as the people they make.

I should know firsthand

This isn't overthinking things, this is treating them for what they are, very unambiguous mentions of spatial dimensions and references to a scientific theory.

DMUA said:
I mean, not like the statements aren't reliable, but in the end, writers are often not as knowledgeable as the people they make.
I should know firsthand
DMUa, well, this reason is why we evualated the information to see if it accurate after all.

Andytrenom said:
This isn't overthinking things, this is treating them for what they are, very unambiguous mentions of spatial dimensions and references to a scientific theory.
I guess

But like

It's Gurren the forking Lagann

It's about as out of place as casting Michael Keaton and Alec Baldwin in a Thomas the Tank Engine movie

Not to say it's wrong, it's just like

you have to ask sometimes, "but why tho"

It being out of place is subjective really.

Regardless it doesn't matter. It seeming out of place shouldn't be a reason to treat them any less seriously.

Guys, this thread doesn't have a lot of comments left (It's already at 450+).

So could you drop the "It's out of place or not" discussion? It takes up space which might be needed if Matt disagrees with my argument

Fair. Still, it only says that the universe exists between said membranes. That doesn't make it High 1-C. It just means that it's a higher dimensional space existing inside a bigger higher dimensional space.

• Why not if it is referred as 10 to 11D space supported Statements Option 1 and 2 in the verse

For a universe to exist inside a membrane it has to have the same amount of dimensions as said membrane, or else it'd be inside a brane of the brane (Which would act as a bulk)

@Matt

Can i get a source for that? The page you linked about Brane Cosmology doesn't say that.

In fact, the page says that the bulk is the higher dimensional space, not the branes.

"The central idea is that the visible, three-dimensional universe is restricted to a brane inside a higher-dimensional space, called the "bulk" (also known as "hyperspace"). If the additional dimensions are compact, then the observed universe contains the extra dimension, and then no reference to the bulk is appropriate. In the bulk model, at least some of the extra dimensions are extensive (possibly infinite), and other branes may be moving through this bulk. Interactions with the bulk, and possibly with other branes, can influence our brane and thus introduce effects not seen in more standard cosmological models."

Although a complete formulation of M-theory is not known, the theory should describe two- and five-dimensional objects called branes and should be approximated by eleven-dimensional supergravity at low energies. Modern attempts to formulate M-theory are typically based on matrix theory or the AdS/CFT correspondence.

According to Witten, M should stand for "magic", "mystery", or "membrane" according to taste, and the true meaning of the title should be decided when a more fundamental formulation of the theory is known.[1]

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M-theory

A brane can have any number of dimension and it will be contained inside a higher-dimensional bulks.

A 3D universe is part of a 3D brane which is contained in a 4D Bulk.

If the Multidimensional Labyrinth is in a 11D Brane, it is 11D.

But the labyrinth is not part of the 10th/11th Brane according to the scans, it's between them

Gurren Lagann matches being thrown into the abyss for eternity is fine by my standards

At least until people realize Gurren Lagann isn't entirely comprised of dimensional forkery

@Matt

But would said imaginary space be 11-D in M-theory?

It looks like something separated from both the 10th and 11th dimension.

Btw, independently from the consensus reached, I don't think that the 2-B lowball would be needed again. That universe is clearly stated to be higher dimensional, the only issue is the degree of higher dimensionality.

>Transformers superior to Gurren Lagann

Tell me

How many Michael Bay movies of Gurren Lagann have been made?

ZacharyGrossman273 said:
...Awww... I wanted to spam more Gurren Lagann fights where the opponent resists probability manipulation and thereby curbs into the ground
Fixed for you

There are only 6 type 1 abstracts in Doctor Who and the verse has dozens of 11-D characters...

But I actually don't see what's wrong with just 11-D

Because it's distinctly not in the 11th dimension

This is Aeyu's post:

http://www.microvita.eu/New_Book/Blog/Eintrage/2012/7/1_On_Imaginary_Space

Each brane is a higher universal layer of dimensions so even if the dimensions themselves aren't accepted there is 10.5 layers of existence, but:

Imaginary space is the complement of real space, and the two of them together constitute complex space, or complex space-time, if we have to include time.

Normally, of course, we don't consider complex space, rather we think in terms of real (Euclidean) space only. In movies we simulate real space-time, but for analytical purposes, we have to construct a 4-dimensional space, from which only 1-, 2- or 3-dimensional sections can be visualized at once. In mathematics and physics the 4-dimensional representations are called Minkowskian or Riemannian manifolds.

A Minkowskian manifold is the mathematical setting in which Einstein's theory of special relativity is most conveniently formulated; it represents a flat space-time. In contrast, a Riemannian manifold is the mathematical setting in which the theory of general relativity has been formulated; it represents a curved space-time.

In other words, like I said a long time ago, "imaginary oscillating space-time between the 10th and 11th dimensional universes", means it's a space-time manifold universe (like ours) that's 10-D physically and has an 11th dimension of time which exists in a Brane Cosmology of universal layers. Of which there are 11.

This is corroborated by two separate statements

So "At least High 2-A, possibly High 1-C" is a safe low end if I've ever seen one, but just "High 1-C" is actually totally valid.

Back