• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY's Old Calcs Has Became MRKs Overtime

Volume 5 Ruby, Yang, Weiss, Blake, and whoever scales to them.

I'd rather not waste my time making a blog if it's an outlier.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
What is the 0.01 timeframe based on?

The actual timeframe of the feat is 1.32 seconds for the breath attack, and of that 0.91 seconds are close up to Blake's face (and by extension, time Sun could have used to come in to block the attack)
The feat was already calced at hypersonic on-screen speed for the beam in the calc currently on suns profile

@Rusty I'm honestly not sure why you recalced the sun feat when the current one is accepted and there are no issues with it

I didn't really re calc it, I just change the angular size since your blog uses the old method.

The speed result is the same though.

I'm just doing what I'm told.

WeeklyBattles said:
The feat was already calced at hypersonic on-screen speed for the beam in the calc currently on suns profile
I know.

That calc assumes it moved that distance in 0.01 seconds.

That is literally impossible, what with Rwby having 60(?) fps.

Where..?

Because the only thing on the blog itself is "This happened in .01 seconds". How the hell can you get anything below 0.6 with 60 frames per second, anyways? If you did an error, that's fine, but if you didn't... please do explain how me timing it down to got me over 1 second for the blast, and over half a second for Sun to be able to move.

I might be missing something, but I can't see what, so please explain.

I'm not sure how 0.01 seconds was derived as well.

If it occurred in a single frame, wouldn't the timeframe then be 0.01666666666 seconds?

Even then, it definitely wasn't a single frame.

It starts at 10:46, and Sun block it at 10:47, but again, timed it to the decimals above.

There is no possible way that was 0.01 seconds.

Beam starts moving at 10:46:08

Sun intercepts it at 10:47:33.

A 0.01 second timeframe for the feat seems incorrect.

I used the website weekly linked, but chrome crashed on me, so I can't give the exact timestamp. You can check it out yourself tho, so I don't think it's much of a problem.

I got 1.22 seconds still, which makes the beams speed is only 14 m/s. Shouldn't be surprising, since to pass 20 meters so fast that it's in mach speeds should not be something we could observe properly in a video.

I guess you can but... I really doubt you can somehow prove that it doesn't take more than a second, screenshot or not.

@Ricsi; I got 1.25 seconds which isn't far off your estimation.

Well, that's proof that I'm not pulling it out of my ass then.

If we are talking about questionable speed feaths tough, isn't Yang's templerun just plain... wrong? Not the calc, but the show itself seems to just be inconsistent with itself.

The Video

At 8:05, you can see all but a little rubble from the temple has already fallen below the base level of the temple itself, an even what is still there has already landed to the base of the temple, and what is still falling is the stuff on the edge.

At 9:22 not only is the same rubble above the temples ground, but it's pretty high up in the air.

Can you... counter my explaination of why I think it's inconsistent with more than "I don't think it is"?

Before Yang even goes up to the pillar, all of the rubble already landed or fell below the temple's base.

When we view her from JNPR's prespective at 9:23 there is no rubble falling at all.

When we get a view of her on the pillar shooting the bird, there is rubble over three meters high up in the air.

Eh, if there isn't a way to prove the timeframe, then it needs to be changed.

Regarding Yang runing; the guy at NF assumed that the rubble that was falling at 8:18, when yang was running and we can see that is at her left, is the same one as the one at 9:22 at is at our right.This would be fine, till certain point, as some franchises do this kind of thing, but what is wrong is that said rubble, and if we put ourself in Yang's boot, it would be at our left at 8:18, but then it would be at our right at 9:22. This means that this isn't the same rubble at all, since they don't even have the same position.

It was. At least, I did give a calc with the time-frame shown. Not even supersonic, so not worth much of anything.

And yeah, there's that too.

Why did you make that when Antoniofer already made it?

Anyways, pixel scaling was found to be too inconsistent back in the og crt that downgraded them... As you should have guessed when the feats go from class 50 to class K.

There is also an official height for nevermore, and even more the thing is barely half as chubby as an actual raven is.

Some dude in another thread said rwby was getting upgraded. I think vs deku?

I'm currently waiting on an explanation of the timeframe for the Sei Feilong's Breath calc, because right now it doesn't seem right.

A calc being accepted doesn't mean it's automatically applied on every profile, especially when there's dissenting opinions.

It was accepted before Dargoo's point about epicenters and stuff.

Feilong needs to be either proven or disregarded.

My points about Yang's temple run should also be answered.

It was accepted by a calc member, or accepted by a CRT?

Yes, there's a difference.

DMUA said:
huh
... I am going to have to take note of this for a certain FC/OC verse

For curiosities' sake, how strong does it have to be to get people to lose their balance

Magnitude 5 might be fine then.
This was because of me showing how "weak" a magnitude 4.3 is, but your point counters that.

Note: I've been misusing the term epicenter; it's actually the 'focus' of an earthquake that's the underground point where vibrations eminate. The epicenter is the point on the ground above the focus.

Back