• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY's Old Calcs Has Became MRKs Overtime

I wonder when people will realize that how close the epicenter is to the surface plays a major role in how harshly the quake is felt.

A magnitude 4 earthquake generated on the surface would not only flatten buildings in its immediate radius but yes, would cause people to fall over and loose balance from many miles away.

Conversely, a magnitude 6 or even 7 earthquake far, far underground or generally far away from a city can be "barely felt". It's all relative.

DMUA said:
wasn't that argued as ED or something
>implying ED will ever be applied to a popular verse

Why is he environmental destruction when his storm feat is explicitly done through physical strength?

you mean the dude who physically punches the sky to do his bidding as opposed to use some magic that may not directly apply to his ability to blast people

REGARDLESS

Is there anything up to actual discussion regarding RWBY

Would the earthquake caused by Cinder and Rave in Volume 5 be a Magnitude 6 or higher? The quake caused giant stalactites to fall and visible shock the entire building.

Well,

Dargoo Faust said:
A magnitude 4 earthquake generated on the surface would not only flatten buildings in its immediate radius but yes, would cause people to fall over and loose balance from many miles away.

Conversely, a magnitude 6 or even 7 earthquake far, far underground or generally far away from a city can be "barely felt". It's all relative.

WeeklyBattles said:
All of the calcs in the OP were evaluated and accepted during the RWBY mass CRT
The only specified, clear eval from a CGM of that time that was gave in all 4 threads was this from no other that an user that is related to this.

So, maybe it's kind of unnecessary, or maybe not, but we should recheck everything to be sure that all is fine. And it also needs to be specified in the blog itself.

WeeklyBattles said:
Also i added the Lifting strength calc to Ruby's profile
The calc linked wasn't really never agreed to use the class K end, and Kepekley23's sandbox is still there. So now that Dargoo Faust, DMUA and you are here, it can be discussed.

DMUA said:
I believe the one legit one was a casual freezing feat from Weiss in Volume 1

which isn't really that consistent with a far more beefed Weiss in volume 6 slightly harming a 8-A mech
This is the profile with the calc if you meant that one, (here is the blog that was used if the link is became mrk agai), which in turn Kepekley23 said all of this.

So what youre saying is all the profiles have to be changed back to 8-A until the feats are reevaluated

I have no idea how you got to that conclusion, but the Nevermores being 80 meters and thereby getting 8-A results still isn't valid

I'm fine with the Class K calc from my recollection, though it was also recalced at like Class 100 or something

All of the RWBY profiles were downgraded without any actual evaluation, something that honestly doesnt surprise me at this point, so they have to be reveretd until the feats are properly evaluated

@WeeklyBattles

Not really, they can stay like what they are now. I will take a look at the feats linked in the OP and the others in narutoforum and stuff, if all is fine I will just leave an eval like I did the the Raven's storm that DMUA remade early today.

If there is something wrong, I will just remake it. And stuff of the like.

AlexSoloVaAlFuturo said:
The calc linked wasn't really never agreed to use the class K end, and Kepekley23's sandbox is still there. So now that Dargoo Faust, DMUA and you are here, it can be discussed.
It was agreed on in that revision actually, the third thread iirc

>It was agreed on in that revision actually, the third thread iirc

I mean, with that reply I'm refering to the one that you made and linked.

Yes, all of the revisions were accepted on those series of threads, that is more than enough of an evaluation to allow the profiles to be revised.

Honestly i dont see the issue you guys are having here, there was no need to make a massive thread about this that couldnt have just been solved by asking me a simple yes or no question and asking for a link.

WeeklyBattles said:
It was agreed on in that revision actually, the third thread iirc
I feel like I've asked where exactly they were approved and didn't get a concrete response before.

Wasn't there also a discussion about issues with how Kep got such massive weight when a bird/animal of that size wouldn't even be remotely close to Class K?

@Dargoo i know for a fact i gave you a concrete response, there is no reason why i wouldnt have.

Not that i recall? I remember there being a discussion about the bird when it was Class M but Class K was agreed on.

There is normal ones and giant ones and even small ones winter Summoms as summons start out in the size you killed them in

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo i know for a fact i gave you a concrete response, there is no reason why i wouldnt have.
Cool, can you link the comment where a calc member approved of the calculation, then? Should be pretty easy if I've asked before.

Its the same picture that Kep uses for scaling. The difference is that I used an archeopteryx (or what ever is writed) as reference since its physiology is more similar to that "bird".

@Antonio Except its not, you used the scaling of the normal Nevermore from the concept art, not the giant nevermore used in the show

Also the Nevermore is canonically a giant crow as confirmed by the crwby themselves, its not an archeopteryx

WeeklyBattles said:
Also the Nevermore is canonically a giant crow as confirmed by the crwby themselves, its not an archeopteryx
I mean, them calling it a giant crow obviously didn't stop them from editing around the body to look like archeopteryx or any other realistic large flying creature.

Using a reference that matches the biology/body type would be more accurate.

Maybe make two versions with one with the image of the art and one from pixel scaleing from the show

Antoniofer said:
Kep its using the same scaling picture, you can tell by looking his link. If that is not the nevermore from the scene, then the calc is not valid and needs to be remade.
Wasn't that done because the bird in the scene changes size mid-scenes and contradicts canon showcases of their size from the crwby?

It assumed that Ruby was really tall tough, I think.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Wasn't that done because the bird in the scene changes size mid-scenes and contradicts canon showcases of their size from the crwby?

It assumed that Ruby was really tall tough, I think.
No? The bird is a puppet rig like everything in RWBY, it has one size

What the CRWBY showed was a normal Nevermore, not a giant one like what RWBY and co fought

@Spinoirr

I just finished collecting all the scans from the fight against the Nevermore, I will publc the calcs tomorrow and stuff. And TheRustyOne needs to post the calc of the reply 5 in a blog, so we wouldn't use the old method of angle sizing from the old blog.

What is the 0.01 timeframe based on?

The actual timeframe of the feat is 1.32 seconds for the breath attack, and of that 0.91 seconds are close up to Blake's face (and by extension, time Sun could have used to come in to block the attack)

And you know, the first calc only evaded cinematic timing as an issue because it didn't use timeframes, as it assumed the lighting is lightning fast.

That doesn't apply here, so the whole "In the first shot you can see the beam is almost about to hit her, and yet in the next it takes a second to travel the far shorter distance. That and the fact that this is 2x the second faster feat makes me have doubts" would need to be countered.

However, regardless fo that, using the shown time-franes isn't even supersonic.

Back