• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWBY Volume 5 Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it does actually upgrade anyone why would people like Qrow, Tyrian, and Raven not scale?

Salem sent Tyrian after the Spring Maiden and unless we are to believe Tyrian was just suppose to locate her which I doubt since he was way to happy about finding Spring for just a simple locate then return mission.

Qrow was also stated to not go down easy by Watts who was unsure if they could kill Qrow quick enough. This implies he could hold his own against them for some time.

If you disagree I'm find with that since I'm sure better reasoning will come out and if it doesn't then that's how it has to be.

Also like I said if you disagree I'm fine with that, this is a on going show a better sense of scaling will probably happen later on it's cool.

Not really pushing this just wanted to say what was on my mind.

Nvm that, Wheres the Illia profile! I'm on it

But srsly, RWBY Volume 5 better start having constant fights after this, the volume has got nice story progression, but now we need to release this buildup, before it gets boring

It's coming we got 6 more chapters left since it was confirmed for 15 chapters correct.

Let's hope it goes out with a bang and... no deaths.... please?

Poinciana does make some good points. The maidens are pretty OP for the standard of the verse, but they aren't immensely above literally everyone, only normal Humstmen and Huntresses.

I mean Amber did lost to Cinder, Mercury and Emerald.

So Maidens and Ozpin are 7-A.

Professional Huntsmans like Qrow and Salem's Faction are either likely 7-A or just 7-A?

Some students like Pyrrha are just possibly 7-A?

Salem and possibly Prime Ozpin (if that's a thing) are At least 7-A or just a higher end of 7-A.

There is the issue about Cinder with half Maiden powers and how she scale too. Obviously she can't be 8-A with half if at full power she is 7-A. But she obviously doesn't fully scale either.

The feat isn't particularly far into the tier but it isn't exactly baseline so i'd say that people like Qrow who are weaker but still comparable should be 7-A.

Pyrrha? No idea.

Higher end.

So currently like this

Half Maiden Power Cinder: At least 7-B Likely 7-A or just Likely 7-A (Should at least have half the powers of a maiden)

Full Maiden Power Cinder: 7-A (Should be comparable to the other maidens such as Vernal)

Ozpin: 7-A (Whatever his profile currently has as a description)

Professional Huntsman and Salem's Faction: At least 7-B Likely 7-A or just likely 7-A (Should be somewhat comparable to the Maidens)

Salem: 7-A (Whatever her profile has as a description) Potentially High 7-A (Ozpin said he failed to stop Salem in the past possibly indicating that Salem was even stronger than he was at his prime)

Prime Ozpin: 7-A Potentially High 7-A (Should be stronger than one maiden if not all 4 combined as he gave them their powers)

Pyrrha: Not sure

Grimm Dragon: Not sure either maybe a Possibly 7-A

Homu Sweet Homu said:
But How did Ruby took her eyes and her left arm then? We may have no idea the method, but it was confirmed in the next volume that it was indeed Ruby's doing.
Pretty sure it's classified as hax just like Wraith Arc Homura's smite. But Ruby's is just really specific and it only works on maidens and grimms from what we've heard so far from Salem.

Just saying, Prime Oz pin could potentially be High 7-A considering he gave this level of power to all four maidens and was still quite powerful after despite being drained.

RWBY has come a long way. So right now the RWBY Tiering is like this right?

God Tiers: High 6-A (Gods)

Top Tiers: 7-A Potentially High 7-A (Salem and Prime Ozpin)

High Tiers: 7-B - 7-A (Maidens, Pro Huntsmen and Huntresses and Salem Faction)

Mid Tiers: 8-A (Students)

Low Tiers: 8-C (Fodder Grimms)

They have conceptual manipulation on a planetary scale and placed a curse on Ozpin. I think that's all the important stuff unless I'm missing something.

Don't they still scale to Half Maiden Power Cinder though? Glynda scales to her which in turn should scale every other pro huntsmen and huntresses. And this Cinder is probably around 7-B or higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back