• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Remove Transduality from Monitor-Mind The Overvoid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elizio33

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
As the name of this thread suggests, Transduality should be removed from the Monitor-Mind The Overvoid page. Currently, Monitor-Mind The Overvoid has types 2 of transduality in its profile, but there are some issues with that. This is taken directly from the Transduality page of the wiki:

"Transduality is not simply nonduality, but additionally requires something like qualitative superiority or immunity to attacks bound to the duality in question."

The sentence above is what my whole point is based on. Transduality is not simply non-duality and requires qualitative superiority or duality-bound immunity, yet Monitor-Mind The Overvoid was shocked when the Flaw, containing stories of lives, deaths, heroes, villains, lovers - duality in short, emerged from its vast void and had to create a concept to contain the Flaw to prevent its spread. Therefore, Monitor-Mind The Overvoid is just outside the norms of duality (non-dual) but does not transcend duality in general (transdual) as if Monitor-Mind was truly transdual, the occurrence of the Flaw and duality would have been insignificant and wouldn't have been worried about them. Monitor-Mind is just not qualitatively superior to duality which is required for having Transduality.

Last edited:
transduality has a thread of its own, will probably be re-adjusted(i stop follow that thread tho), so you should wait

Therefore, Monitor-Mind The Overvoid is just outside the norms of duality (non-dual) but does not transcend duality in general (transdual) as if Monitor-Mind was truly transdual, the occurrence of the Flaw and duality would have been insignificant and wouldn't have been worried about them.
I don’t understand your reasoning here. How does Monitor-Mind being shocked by the existence of the flaw prove it’s not qualitatively superior to it? In the same stories the flaw was regarded as some infinitesimal thing within its infinite consciousness.

I don’t understand your reasoning here. How does Monitor-Mind being shocked by the existence of the flaw prove it’s not qualitatively superior to it? In the same stories the flaw was regarded as some infinitesimal thing within its infinite consciousness.
Still, Monitor-Mind was shocked by the Flaw and had to contain it to prevent it from spreading.

Therefore, Monitor-Mind The Overvoid is just outside the norms of duality (non-dual) but does not transcend duality in general (transdual) as if Monitor-Mind was truly transdual, the occurrence of the Flaw and duality would have been insignificant and wouldn't have been worried about them. Monitor-Mind is just not qualitatively superior to duality which is required for having Transduality.
Agreed, this is fairly straightforward. We are given the opposite impression of what transduality is meant to indicate. The Overvoid was terrified of the flaw, acted to contain it, was confused/haunted. The Overvoid is also certainly not transdual, as it exists as a duality between itself and the flaw. Perhaps the state of existence prior to the flaw could be considered transdual, but that wasn't the Overvoid, it only became "the Overvoid" to distinguish itself from the flaw.

Agreed, this is fairly straightforward. We are given the opposite impression of what transduality is meant to indicate. The Overvoid was terrified of the flaw, acted to contain it, was confused/haunted. The Overvoid is also certainly not transdual, as it exists as a duality between itself and the flaw. Perhaps the state of existence prior to the flaw could be considered transdual, but that wasn't the Overvoid, it only became "the Overvoid" to distinguish itself from the flaw.
True but the narration didn't say it became the Overvoid after it found the flaw. Rather to distinguish a relationship between them it is named “itself.” It's still one and the same but with the caveat being it has a Flaw in what used to be its infinite nothingness. The only difference between the two is that one was conscious after it found the Flaw and the other was just plain nothing when all its was immaculate perfection.

True but the narration didn't say it became the Overvoid after it found the flaw. Rather to distinguish a relationship between them it is named “itself.” It's still one and the same but with the caveat being it has a Flaw in what used to be its infinite nothingness.
It was a "hitherto immaculate perfection." Hitherto meaning "until now." The immaculate perfection could feasibly be called transdual. I'm not rejecting a continuity of identity between the perfection and the Overvoid, I'm just saying that its nature changed such that it isn't transdual anymore.

It was a "hitherto immaculate perfection." Hitherto meaning "until now." The immaculate perfection could feasibly be called transdual. I'm not rejecting a continuity of identity between the perfection and the Overvoid, I'm just saying that its nature changed such that it isn't transdual anymore.
Perhaps the Overvoid should have two keys for these states?

Only in DC bruh🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

The Overvoid is essentially the very last, most archetypal thing in the DCverse. It very much is more qualitatively complex in existence then all dualities, containing all of duality as stories on it alone should qualify as QS, considering duality is a byproduct of The Flaw, and something within the fictions of the Flaw. The Flaw is the mark containing all possiblity.

It needing to contain the Flaw was simply due to it being incapable of understanding what it is, which makes sense in the Overvoids context considering all it knows is no-story, nonduality and nonexistence.

I personally see no reason why the Overvoid should lose its transduality (or non-duality, whatever its called now)

Only in DC bruh🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

The Overvoid is essentially the very last, most archetypal thing in the DCverse. It very much is more complex in existence then all dualities, containing all of duality as stories on it alone should qualify as QS, considering duality is a byproduct of The Flaw, and something within the fictions of the Flaw. The Flaw is the mark containing all possiblity.
It being non-dual does not make it transdual. Not to mention it's locked in a duality with the Flaw. QS only comes from the fact it contains the Flaw. It was no longer in the state of perfection it once was. Most of these things are from the interviews and not the actual comics.

It needing to contain the Flaw was simply due to it being incapable of understanding what it is, which makes sense in the Overvoids context considering all it knows is no-story, nonduality and nonexistence.
It was also scared of it after it saw what damage “stories” could do. It also made sure it doesn't spread first for the reason to contain it because it doesn't know what it is.
I personally see no reason why the Overvoid should lose its transduality (or non-duality, whatever its called now)
Transduality is non-duality but not the opposite way around according to the revision of “trasnduality.”

Therefore, Monitor-Mind The Overvoid is just outside the norms of duality (non-dual) but does not transcend duality in general (transdual) as if Monitor-Mind was truly transdual,
It not matter it use word outside or transcend it just same. The matter is if the word they use give them immunity or completely not affect by duality or not, if it completely not affect by duality then it transduality

If it nonduality state is give it unaffected to any effect of any level of duality, or more simple give it immunity then it sould be transduality

It being non-dual does not make it transdual.
Transduality refers to existing in a state between duality or within the same framework of duality however outside it to some extent. Examples of this are in binary code, where in 0 and 1, a transdual person might be a 0.5 or a 2 for example.

The Overvoid isnt that, it's entirely outside of the framework containing all of duality as a whole, and is considered more “archetypal" then it.

Not to mention it's locked in a duality with the Flaw.
That is incorrect.

It was no longer in the state of perfection it once was.
Its still the non-dual Overvoid is it not? Perfection in that context refers to emptiness not actually nature.

Most of these things are from the interviews and not the actual comics.
From the author of the comics we are discussing. The poor guy literally gives us all the information we so vehemently argue about and we shit in his mouth.

Transduality refers to existing in a state between duality or within the same framework of duality however outside it to some extent. Examples of this are in binary code, where in 0 and 1, a transdual person might be a 0.5 or a 2 for example.
This is a difference. Non-Duality is a reference to a part of a system that isn't bound within a dualistic system or all system. Transduality is the transcendence of being outside a system or part of that system. Simply being non-dual does not grant transduality.

The Overvoid isnt that, it's entirely outside of the framework containing all of duality as a whole, and is considered more “archetypal" then it.
The Flaw is everything that does not define the Overvoid and with that is intertwined in the Overvoid in duality as the stories put it “War against ink and paper.”
That is incorrect.
Saying “this is incorrect” is plain ignorant and a disengagement of information needed to explain why.

It literally defined a relationship to the Flaw so it can separate because Everything and Nothing are dualities.
Its still the non-dual Overvoid is it not? Perfection in that context refers to emptiness not actually nature.
Very well could be prior to the Flaw.

The nature of being empty is literally being “empty” which is synonymous with nothing. Before when it was all perfect there simply was nothing/emptiness.
From the author of the comics we are discussing. The poor guy literally gives us all the information we so vehemently argue about and we shit in his mouth.
Ah....No interviews are important but it must pertain to what the comics say. If what he says does work with the comics then his word is solidified. If not then we don't use it.

That's provably false even in the comics. The Overvoid exists as part of a duality itself.

mrzNlZk.jpg

"A flaw that is everything perfection is not."
"Defining its relationship to the flaw, perfection names itself Monitor-Mind the Over-void."

images

Saying “this is incorrect” is plain ignorant and a disengagement of information needed to explain why.
Oh, sounds familiar?

"A flaw that is everything perfection is not."
"Defining its relationship to the flaw, perfection names itself Monitor-Mind the Over-void."
Which doesn't work considering “perfection" in question has been stated numerous times to be Non-dual.

Working very similarly to the concepts of Wu-chi and Tai-chi from Chinese mythology, with Taiji being considered the grand encompass to all duality and Wuji being considered as the nothing void that came before it.

As this OP has already proved, the Overvoid is still considered a Non-dual void, it existing in a state that could be interpreted as a duality between existence and non-existence does not work when “existence" is all duality and all possibilities, and “non-existence" is the Void viewing existence as an infinitesimal dot planted on it.

Again, we already know the Overvoid is more archetypal then the Flaw, this should qualify as QS.

Which doesn't work considering “perfection" in question has been stated numerous times to be Non-dual.
As it turns out, practical information that makes a certain attribute impossible is more important than a label being given. Darkseid was called omnipotent. Do the arguments that prove he is not omnipotent "not work" because he was called it? Is it more important that he was referred to as omnipotent?

Of course not.

Again, we already know the Overvoid is more archetypal then the Flaw, this should qualify as QS.
Being "more archetypal" is not qualitative superiority, and I also am not even aware of any comic book evidence for it being "more archetypal." I assume this is another interview statement thing?

As it turns out, practical information that makes a certain attribute impossible is more important than a label being given.
The Mark is not a dark opposite of the Overvoid, neither is it in a duality with the Overvoid, its literally infinitesimal to it.

What you guys are claiming is pure speculation, and is already contraricted by both the author, and the comics. So there isnt any certain attributes becoming impossible to implement. Why? Because it happens to be that this idea is not right to begin with.

We are actively picking the assumption that would have TD removed, when the facts are that the Overvoid is most definitely still Non-dual. I'd loved to use the Reddit meme but i dont have it on me

Being "more archetypal" is not qualitative superiority, and I also am not even aware of any comic book evidence for it being "more archetypal." I assume this is another interview statement thing?
Have you read any of my dumps of interviews and evidence from my previous thread? If so, well, you'd know what i am talking about.

Eitherway, you're like a mod of some sorts, right? So this thread is already accepted i imagine

The Mark is not a dark opposite of the Overvoid, neither is it in a duality with the Overvoid, its literally infinitesimal to it.

What you guys are claiming is pure speculation, and is already contraricted by both the author,
That's not what the comics say. The flaw is everything perfection is not. That's a duality.

We are actively picking the assumption that would have TD removed, when the facts are that the Overvoid is most definitely still Non-dual. I'd loved to use the Reddit meme but i dont have it on me
It's not an assumption, it's what the scan actually says. The fact that you don't like it doesn't make it an assumption.

Have you read any of my dumps of interviews and evidence from my previous thread? If so, well, you'd know what i am talking about.
Yeah, you tend to place way way way too much emphasis on author statements, they aren't as valuable as evidence as you seem to think on this wiki.

Eitherway, you're like a mod of some sorts, right? So this thread is already accepted i imagine
Three thread mods/admins need to accept a thread to apply it.

The flaw is everything perfection is not.
Including all of duality. You are putting a non-dual void in a hypothetical duality with a structure that encompasses all dual systems

It's not an assumption, it's what the scan actually says. The fact that you don't like it doesn't make it an assumption.
By literal definition, it is an assumption. You are assuming the Overvoid is no longer non-dual when the reasons provided dont have to assume so, and the comics themselves contradict you.

I on the other hand, am saying exactly what was said by the author and the comics. Alright? I am chad, you are virgin. i clearly win.

Yeah, you tend to place way way way too much emphasis on author statements
Of course, we quite literally ignore the objective answers and choose to pointlessly debate. Why do we do that? Why do we force ourselves to do this tiring hobby?

Including all of duality. You are putting a non-dual void in a hypothetical duality with a structure that encompasses all dual systems
By literal definition, it is an assumption. You are assuming the Overvoid is no longer non-dual when the reasons provided dont have to assume so, and the comics themselves contradict you.
It isn't hypothetical, nor is it an assumption. You clearly aren't going to be convinced by what I say about it, but it does not change whats actually in the comics.

I on the other hand, am saying exactly what was said by the author and the comics. Alright? I am chad, you are virgin. i clearly win.

This is childish.

Of course, we quite literally ignore the objective answers and choose to pointlessly debate. Why do we do that? Why do we force ourselves to do this tiring hobby?
Author statements are not "objective answers" to the questions we have about the stories. Believe it or not, authors do not have the final say about what is printed in DC.

It isn't hypothetical, nor is it an assumption. You clearly aren't going to be convinced by what I say about it, but it does not change whats actually in the comics.
Whats actually in the comics: “To the shattered Source Wall that separates our material universe from sublime and non-dual omni-awareness.”

Its right there, up. see that quote? Its the comics

This is childish.
You just dont understand chad mentality

Author statements are not "objective answers" to the questions we have about the stories.
Indeed, the authors are incorrect and all of them get amnestics directly after finishing writing a story, all under an elaborate plan to trick specifically you, Deagonx, into believing something incorrect.

Yeah, I agree, it seems more non-dual rather than transdual if anything, but the fact that it's in a duality with the flaw like Deagon pointed out, is concrete evidence imo that Overvoid should lose it.

Whats actually in the comics: “To the shattered Source Wall that separates our material universe from sublime and non-dual omni-awareness.”

Its right there, up. see that quote? Its the comics
Darkseid being omnipotent is also in the comics. I already debunked this argument.

Indeed, the authors are incorrect and all of them get amnestics directly after finishing writing a story, all under an elaborate plan to trick specifically you, Deagonx, into believing something incorrect.
This is a strawman. I have never claimed an author forgot or that they were trying to trick anyone. Would you like to take a stab at addressing what my argument actually was or is this strawman being used to avoid it out of necessity?

Eh, I’ll be perfectly honest, I don’t think this is all that solid of an argument. It was shocked because it never intended for anything other than itself to exist. Not because it wasn’t above the flaw

Also, this isn’t a well timed revision. Transduality is already getting revamped to nonduality, meaning this doesn’t really matter at all. Overvoid being nondual isn’t contested to my knowledge. It’s best to wait for the transduality thread to conclude before continuing

Eh, I’ll be perfectly honest, I don’t think this is all that solid of an argument. It was shocked because it never intended for anything other than itself to exist. Not because it wasn’t above the flaw
I think the fact that it said Monitor had zero defenses and talked about the damage the flaw could do to it, suggests otherwise

I think the fact that it said Monitor had zero defenses and talked about the damage the flaw could do to it, suggests otherwise
That’s an interesting point but it seems more in reference to how alien the flaw is and how Monitor Mind couldn’t stop its growth, though that’s also pretty sus for something above it to a qualitative degree

That’s an interesting point but it seems more in reference to how alien the flaw is and how Monitor Mind couldn’t stop its growth, though that’s also pretty sus for something above it to a qualitative degree
This also proves that the Overvoid AP is quite lackluster. It's rather big but not really potent unless some sort of ideas travel to it and gets erased but that's the nature of a corrosive Void when they dissolve when they enter its cosmic emptiness.

Last edited:
This is actually sort of confusing because the Overvoid doesn't really transcend the Flaw all the way up to the Monitor Sphere. It just exists beyond it and all parts of the Multiverse are surpassed because it's outside the Flaw. I don't get where it actually has QS over the Flaw.

Grant says Overvoid is nondual and that all concepts resolve to meaningless unity with the Void. This is Transduality described by the Author in the interviews
3PBwaZI.jpg

It's nondual, from IGN's Final Crisis interview. Nondual...where concepts go to stop being concepts. Why are you removing titles and context?

uu5EjFh.jpeg

"How Overvoid couldn't stop it's growth?"

And the Overvoid immediately bottled all of it so nothing could get in or out except it's own investigator it sent down. The entire Flaw was rendered a moot point by the Overvoid. This isn't even opinion, or interpretation, its exactly what the comic page showed.

You've said that Flaw was a real problem for the Overvoid, but it was the Overvoid that made it, condensing the stories out and on the Monitor Mind, but Grant says its the Overvoid condensing stories down without itself knowing. This is reflective of the Voidist religion that Final Crisis's hierarchy runs on, as the Absolute Void becomes self aware for a moment, and then makes the concepts of God, Creators, and Existence, Possibility, and so on. From there, the details are imposed upon the Void by those sentient concepts as the Void returns to being unmanifest.

If you want more on this, watch this video of a popular Voidist Yogi talking about it and explaining it.

The Difference between cosmic consciousness and God consciousness

The Absolute is the Void field, not the Creator God.

lots more on this, if anyone wants more data on how Grant set this up based on the Voidist viewpoint, I'd be more than happy to talk more about it as I've studied this topic for the last 15 years or so.

Its the Overvoid running through its own ultimate story with the Flaw as a cast member at best.

hRcLt48.jpg

Its the Overvoid condensing stories down and out of itself.

"And its condensing stories out of itself because it finds inside its own gigagntic white space, self absorbed pristine consciousness, it finds this little stain, or mark, the DC Multiverse someone has drawn and it starts investigating."

Kz1IrpT.jpg

The Overvoid is nondual in the Final Crisis lore, but not nondual in the other authores series so its fine that the ranks for the Overvoid are that low, but it makes no sense to also cripple the Cosmic Armor and Mandrakk also with lower rankings too. Especially the Armor. The Flaw = the Armor = the concept of story.

Everything, the Flaw itself is Story personified to the Overvoid. Here, Grant cites the entire Flaw, all existence, as Story personified.

mejQKWQ.jpg

The counter argument is that we should lower the power scale of the Overvoid because it could not stop the Flaw from expanding or growing or w/e the case is. This is invalid.

The Overvoid's first point was the eject the corruption value out of itself and make that the Probe that would continue the investigation. This tiny infinitely small piece of itself (Mandrakk/Dax Novu) was able to freely invade the Flaw as much as it needed.

oUWHaPo.png

The Probe was specifically designed to blend in while it did it's investigation. Where did the Probe go? Everywhere. In The Silver City, In Hell, In Apocolypse, in New Genesis, in the lower voids, in Limbo, in a good chunk of the DC structure in the Orrery, so nothing stopped him.

aIff9iR.jpg

Corruption via bad values and ethics is what caused Dax to molt into Mandrakk. Data and knowledge itself is no inherently sentient in DC. There is no active portrayal of Data being sentient and overpowering the Overvoid or Dax Novu. So there is no reason to quash the Overvoid in FC's power rating.

What Vsbattles needs to do is revise every major canon that uses the Overvoid and give each their own ranking. FC and Multiversity Overvoid should be the only Tier 0 as it is repeatedly explaining to be nondual and what condensed the stories of everything else out of itself.

Story itself, all anything you can gather, every concept, energy, character, thing, nonthing = Story. And all of this was the Flaw.

All of this infected the Overvoid with questions and speculations. Overvoid disliking this while it was sentient for a time doesn't mean the Flaw is superior or able to harm the Overvoid when the Overvoid bottled it entirely.

This says the Overvoid being in shock was what happened, it didn't know that lower emanations of itself that become tangents of the concept of God or Creation or Creators etc etc was the one micro detailing the Flaw.

H9oY0iO.jpg

The argument that knowledge was somehow harming the Overvoid is invalid for the following reasons

1. The Overvoid walled off the entire Flaw, effectively nullifying any problems after.

2. Ejected its own corruption off and made that the Probe to further investigate.

3. Entire Flaw was going to be consumed by a tiny portion of itself, Mandrakk.

Mandrakk was made to go detail the Flaw and consume it. Here is Grant confirming.

YAS67Pg.jpg

That entire Flaw was what infected the Overvoid, the Overvoid and the author call this Flaw the idea of Story.

Just as Overvoid clips Dax out of itself and repurposed it to be an investigator and potential consumer of it all, the Overvoid opts to personify the Flaw's entire story as a suit of protective armor.

Its the Armor that infects the Overvoid
Its story that infects the Overvoid
Its the Flaw itself that infects the Overvoid

All three are different visuals of the same thing.

hJ6wjQW.jpg

Why is this important? Its the literal road map for Voidism's religious view of how existence was formed.

pKZdcmY.jpg

The Flaw of existence was bottled.

The Flaw of Existence is actually all Story

The Story of the complete edition of the Flaw, past, present, future, all possibility incarnate is then personified as a suit of armor called the Thought Robot.

The Thought Robot = the Flaw = Story

And Grant isn't the only one to have this exact viewpoint on the DC Structure. Mr. Orlando too says the same thing.

ScaJXfa.jpg

Example and more simplified

KirTsl1.jpeg

The Flaw is the Apple.

The Flaw has a story, a full story, whatever happens or doesn't happen, all possibility itself, the story of the apple is what infected the Overvoid.

Apple is now seen by the Overvoid to act as the security guard to make sure nothing in, nothing out. Repurposed the entire Flaw and now see's the entire story of the apple as this.

4313418247_2fe6f03b30_b.jpg

A Mech suit apple. A literal coping mechanism to make the Overvoid feel safer.

Apple = Flaw = All story and all possibility = projected as a mechanical mech suit protector.

That's how this works. The Flaw = Existence = Story = personified as a suit of armor that wrapped everything with a barrier.

Overvoid see's the Story as infecticious and annoying, so it visualized the story of the entire Flaw as a suit of armor.

Get it? Its not hard. This comic was made for young teens and most readers on YouTube got this, lots of other forums got this, lots of other debaters posted this same thing since 08'

But for some reason, all of this is now reinterpreted in a new subjective way that downplays the personification of all existence, the corruption of the Absolute, and the Absolute that contains Marvel and DC comics entirely.

Jar = all story, including all DC and Marvel and beyond = the Flaw = personified as a mech suit

Jar contained everything that ever was in DC.

zWSH7U0.jpg

Jar is Existence, all Existence

4ekPChP.png

DQvPhSq.png

Existence is what the nil monitors study from the outside that's in a jar

8FAIFYI.jpg

6th Dimension is the edge of the new Existence factor of DC's Structure and doesn't include what is outside of the DC section of the original Orrery of Worlds

WY7bBkI.jpg

The Source is the Ain Sophh Aur, and you rank it higher than the Overvoid. Grant said twice that the Source of DC is the Ain Sophh Aurr, and that is about 3 levels below the Unified Umanifest Field on the Kabbalah map. And that field is the Overvoid.

Your entire structure needs revision and I am more than happy to help.

Last edited:
And the Overvoid immediately bottled all of it so nothing could get in or out except it's own investigator it sent down. The entire Flaw was rendered a moot point by the Overvoid. This isn't even opinion, or interpretation, its exactly what the comic page showed.
It did that because it had zero defenses against it.

Grant says Overvoid is nondual and that all concepts resolve to meaningless unity with the Void. This is Transduality described by the Author in the interviews
It's nonduality, which isn't yet accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back