• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Added ability for The Great Darkness

Nonexistent Physiology Nature Type 2:

The Great Darkness is the primordial Darkness that predates creation and completely exists outside the Light of Creation, which is totally irrelevant in its darkness. where in the beginning there was only the dark nothingness before creation (Justice League incarnate #4)

Corruption Type 2 and Void Manipulation:

Fraction of The Great Darkness can corrupt the entire map of the multiverse and the Overvoid itself and swallow it back into its nothingness. (Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths #7)

Nonduality Nature 1, Aspect 1:

Predates Monitor-Mind The Overvoid which described as a non-dual omni-awareness, and an "ultimate concept" that contains within it multiple dualities such as life and anti-life, good and evil, in and out, and black and white

The Great Darkness is the primordial Darkness that predates creation and completely exists outside the Light of Creation, which is totally irrelevant in its darkness. where in the beginning there was only the dark nothingness before creation (Justice League incarnate #4)

Corruption Type 2 and Void Manipulation:

Fraction of The Great Darkness can corrupt the entire map of the multiverse and the Overvoid itself and swallow it back into its nothingness. (Dark Crisis on Infinite Earths #7)

Predates Monitor-Mind The Overvoid which described as a non-dual omni-awareness, and an "ultimate concept" that contains within it multiple dualities such as life and anti-life, good and evil, in and out, and black and white
1: Agree.

2: Agree, though this should be an AP feat as well.

3: Agree, but I feel like the reasoning should be that the Great Darkness is beyond the dual concepts of good and evil.

but I feel like the reasoning should be that the Great Darkness is beyond the dual concepts of good and evil.
I think he already existed before Overvoid was also enough to get nonduality. And BTW, it seems that we also need to create a key on the powers and abilities of The Great Darkness between Moore's version and the crisis cosmology version.

Definetly Lucifer
images

Have to disagree. I would prefer type 1 since it lack material but it’s still the non-existence to some sort of existence. It doesn’t lack the trait of both as it’s not non-dual.
I agree but the Map part is unnecessary. Since the Map isn’t a literal thing, it outlines the structure of the Multiverse.

Clearly, the Overvoid no longer should even have Non-duality but given what’s been accepted. This should be fine.

Have to disagree. I would prefer type 1 since it lack material but it’s still the non-existence to some sort of existence. It doesn’t lack the trait of both as it’s not non-dual.
The reason I gave Non-existent physiology nature type 2 for The Great Darkness traits is because he is a deeper void than Monitor-Sphere, which Monitor-Sphere is also stated to exist as a void in the comics. And this also applies to Overvoid.

The reason I gave Non-existent physiology nature type 2 for The Great Darkness traits is because he is a deeper void than Monitor-Sphere, which Monitor-Sphere is also stated to exist as a void in the comics. And this also applies to Overvoid.
That Void is not referencing the Overvoid, it was referring to Nil. Even then the Great Darkness is the Void that lack material which the Light being Creation certainly does not. They are a binary in a dualsitic system as one is darkness that represent something before and beyond the Multiverse and the light that made Creation come and defines itself with it to contrast the darkness.

Clearly, the Overvoid no longer should even have Non-duality but given what’s been accepted. This should be fine.
I don't think that the fact that entity A and entity B are opposite entityy would disprove their nonduality. Many cases from several fictions are similar to this as listed below:

IS (representing everything that exist) and IS NOT (representing everything that non-exist) From SCP Foundation

Anui-El (Concept of Stasis & the quintessencial force of order itself) and Sithis (Concept of Change & the quintessential force of chaos itself) From The Elder Scrolls

Last edited:
That Void is not referencing the Overvoid, it was referring to Nil. Even then the Great Darkness is the Void that lack material which the Light being Creation certainly does not. They are a binary in a dualsitic system as one is darkness that represent something before and beyond the Multiverse and the light that made Creation come and defines itself with it to contrast the darkness.
The Light of Creation refers to the Overvoid itself according to Joshua's interpretation. Where the Overvoid itself is a void that has no definition and is outside the entire hierarchy (including the Monitor-Sphere which is itself a void).

I don't think that the fact that entity A and entity B are opposite entityy would disprove their nonduality. Many cases from several fictions are similar to this as listed below:
In the context of DC with what we know of Darkness and Light, it is.
IS (representing everything that exist) and IS NOT (representing everything that non-exist) From SCP Foundation
As Deagon had said some profile needs to be fixed and more restricter/specific rule regarding non-duality should be added. SCP is also cosmological higher as of right now and achieving scaling to have a higher form of non-duality is easier for SCP than it is to DC.

Also, do not use the logic “something else have it” as a basis of reasoning. It’s unappealing and very weak.
Anui-El (Concept of Stasis & the quintessencial force of order itself) and Sithis (Concept of Change & the quintessential force of chaos itself) From The Elder Scrolls
Same as SCP and my reasoning above.

The Light of Creation refers to the Overvoid itself according to Joshua's interpretation. Where the Overvoid itself is a void that has no definition and is outside the entire hierarchy (including the Monitor-Sphere which is itself a void).
Clearly, it no longer is. This establishes a new thing for the Overvoid which it shouldn’t even be light to lack a “definition.” It’s no longer a “Void” that it was described as, so much so, as describing it as lacking “material” to say it’s a void. That scale isn’t close to grant non-duality which the Great Darkness is the only being in question to have and just the basic one at that.

Also, that does not approve of your scan since that as I mention is referring to Nil, not the Overvoid.

Also, that does not approve of your scan since that as I mention is referring to Nil, not the Overvoid
The scan I provided was just to clarify the Nonexistent physiology nature 2 of the Overvoid and The Great Darkness themselves, which you can assume the entities in the Monitor-Sphere are Nonexistent physiology nature 1, while the Overvoid and the Great Darkness are a void that completely transcends the void of the Monitor-Sphere itself so they both get nature 2.

And this is a explanation to get non-existent physiology 2:

Idealistic Nonexistence: The character doesn't exist in a sense further beyond conventional nonexistence

The scan I provided was just to clarify the Nonexistent physiology nature 2 of the Overvoid and The Great Darkness themselves, which you can assume the entities in the Monitor-Sphere are Nonexistent physiology nature 1, while the Overvoid and the Great Darkness are a void that completely transcends the void of the Monitor-Sphere itself so they both get nature 2.
The realm certainly is but the resident is not. Nil is described as a Void because of its nature and namesake. The biggest key is also its position since the Source Wall was broken and thus Nil was floating on the Void as well thus it’s not really any form of actual “nonexistent” physiology just because it lack material which is made up for in narratives and a temporal effect in Nil.

I think nature 1 is closer and more accurate for Great Darkness. The Overvoid should be either removed of its nonexistent physiology or it should be just be nature 1.

Last edited:
My stance is nature 1 is better for the Great Darkness. I prefer removing Overvoid non-duality as well as Great Darkness. While the latter could maybe have it prior to the Light coming to existence but, honestly, I don’t think they should have it.

Last edited:
I think he already existed before Overvoid was also enough to get nonduality. And BTW, it seems that we also need to create a key on the powers and abilities of The Great Darkness between Moore's version and the crisis cosmology version.
I don't think that predating a non-dual being is enough to grant you nonduality. The Great Darkness should have its own reasoning for nonduality as the darkness beyond good and evil. I totally agree for the second key.

I don't think that predating a non-dual being is enough to grant you nonduality. The Great Darkness should have its own reasoning for nonduality as the darkness beyond good and evil. I totally agree for the second key.
The Darkness isn’t naturally good or inherently evil because it chose to not be that. It’s not beyond such that it can’t be either.

Overvoid shouldn’t not have duality, in my opinion. Especially not when it’s been retconned to being the Light of Creation which its existence itself is a duality to the Darkness.

I disagree with non-existent physiology nature 2. I prefer nature 1 being a better suit since the Darkness would be nothing to the Light being everything.

What are the consensus conclusions here so far?

Back