• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Remove all forms of flight from Yang Xiao Long's profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
WeeklyBattles said:
Because she doesnt control WHERE the explosions happen. Its why she needs there to be a solid object nearby for her to springboard off of, if there's no solid object nearby she cant launch herself.
...What?

I just gave you a scan of an explosion happening behind her with no solid object there. What way the explosion propelled her doesn't matter, because it still happened.

Which means she could make an explosion without a solid object anywhere near her.

There was a tree there. There wouldnt have been an explosions directly beneath her if there wasnt.

No, she cannot 'make explosions happen'. That is not something Yang can do.

WeeklyBattles said:
A hawk doesnt fly along the ground using explosions from its wings to stay in the air.
Which is a non-factor. Planes, with some exceptions, can't do that either, and they do release energy to propell themselves upwards instead of pushing air (alone).

And it further doesn't matter because that scan shows her going forward with an upwards tilt that outdid her falling. Without solid objects behind her.

Ricsi your entire argument right now is hinging on Yang's weapon having a mechanic that it does not have. She cannot make her rounds explode at will. They require hitting a physical object to explode.

WeeklyBattles said:
Ricsi your entire argument right now is hinging on Yang's weapon having a mechanic that it does not have. She cannot make her rounds explode at will. They require hitting a physical object to explode.
I asked you a question.

I provided a timestamp, a link and a scan of her making an explosion behind her with no physical objects there.

Rwby is a place where people can make a nunchaku switch to it's gun mode while it is mid-air without touching or signaling to it in any way (and Ruby does nothing to acutvate her schyte/sniper transformation, nor did the skateboard girl, and many more). Things being activated without a logical reason for the rool of cool is a very real king.

I gave you proof it happened in verse. So you have to disprove it. And since it happened, the best you can do is say that it was retconned or stated otherwise, which you would need to quote.

Okay, because im apparently not getting through to you somehow, lets give another scan.

https://youtu.be/-p4iS_p3b8E?t=172

Yang springboards off of the grimm and uses her gauntlets to launch herself, letting off multiple shots in the process but not changing speed or trajectory despite shooting at the ground because the explosions are not near her.

Yes. Because she wasn't trying to make explosions near her, she was shooting at enemies afar.

She didn't even try to make an explosion near her because she was caught off guard before she could try.

That is not proof against her ability to not make her bullets explode near her, it's prove that she can also just not do it when needed.

I gave you an answer that you ignored.

I gav you an explanation of how her gauntlet works and how both her explosive rounds and her consistent means of propulsion function.

Yes because it makes infinitely more sense to say that for that one singular instance her weapon decided to function completely differently from any other time in the entire series than to claim that the explosion was from hitting the trees sh was directly above when the several shots she let off before it were also hitting the trees below her.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Yes. Because she wasn't trying to make explosions near her, she was shooting at enemies afar.

She didn't even try to make an explosion near her because she was caught off guard before she could try.

That is not proof against her ability to not make her bullets explode near her, it's prove that she can also just not do it when needed.
She cant control her exposions like that, ive told you this before.

I dont need to prove a negative.

No, I answered to your own. Because you made a claim, and I said you need to disprove my own since gave a scan.

Your explaination was baseless. There is no reason why she couldn't make her bullets explode when she wants with the proof you gave. On the other hand, if she couldn't, then there is the problem that she did it on scree one of the first times she uses her gaunets in the show proper, and that the trees are somehow tanking the tier 8 attacks without the slightest show or tear for it.

No it does not. The first part, the "acts differently then the rest of the show", would need proof that she can't do it later on. Because the fact that she doesn't use it later is not a proof for the fact that she can't, and saying an onscreen event is to be complitely disregarded because she never repeats (nor contradicst) something she did there is not infinitely more logical.

And no, there is no proof her other shots were hitting the trees. In the first, off screen explosion she is shown to be far higher then the trees (so how'd she hit them?), and even later on the most you get is her being slightly close to them. Not once does she aim for a tree specifically.

Kingofwolves999 said:
No, her semblance got ignored and she was still pushed. Try again.
No? Her semblance is the sole reason she was able to power through Killer Quartet as noted by her father later in the series

No, her gauntlets were why. While in her Semblance, Flynt blew her away all by himself. She just used her gauntlets to fly back, while still midair.

Would you like scans?

@King Sure? Though what i said doesnt change, her semblance increases the power of her and her gauntlets, hence why she was able to push through his 4x AP amp

If the positive has proof attatched, YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED TO PROVE THE NEGATIVE. What type of logic is this?

When the proof can be explained by occams razor its not proof

What AP she needs is irrelevant though, because her pushing herself midair for an extended time counts as pseudo flight. Restrict it to her semblance only then. Problem solved.

Kingofwolves999 said:
What AP she needs is irrelevant though, because her pushing herself midair for an extended time counts as pseudo flight. Restrict it to her semblance only then. Problem solved.
I mean it kinda does matter, more power = more push, but yeah i can actually agree to that, iirc she did something similar in the fight against the Paladin

WeeklyBattles said:
Occam's Razor is a more reasonable explaination, not the disregarding of a proven fact that it happened.

For exemple:

There has been video footage of what seemed like a water stream being sighted on mars, despite this being theoretically possible to our knowledge.

Many people claimed it was false videofootage. This is not Occam's Razor.

Later on, it was tehorized it was simply flowing sand, which would coinicide with out understanding of mars. This is Occam's Razor.

WeeklyBattles said:
MilesTheMorales1 said:
If the positive has proof attatched, YOU ABSOLUTELY NEED TO PROVE THE NEGATIVE. What type of logic is this?
Funny enough, I can use Occams razor to prove this claim.

Névtelen21
Occams razor means the most likely explanation is the most simple to understand.
As seen in this image, she has two explosions going off behind her. Explosions are known to send objects flying on their own, and there are zero trees near the explosion she could've springboarded off of.

What's a simpler explanation: 1. Her gauntlets cause explosions, and therefore can propulse. 2. There was a hidden tree out of frame that the animators neglected to show that Yang jumped off from.

Occam's razor says it's the first explanation. You're lying to us and yourself if you think that the animators wanted to limit her so badly that she has hidden objects that she springboards off of every single time she jumps.

There has been video footage of what seemed like Yang causing an explosion at will, despite this being theoretically possible to our knowledge.

Later on, it was theorized to be a minor animation error and she was simply springboarding off of another tree, which would coincide with our understanding of how Yang's gauntlets work and the limitations of how sh is able to propel herself as shown in the show as well as the fact that animation errors were widespread and prevalent in volume 1 where said video is from. This is Occam's Razor.

Kingofwolves999 said:
Doesn't she do it multiple times though? She explodes while midair to propulse herself forwards multiple times in v1
Yes and we see the trees she springboards off of every time she does in that scene

WeeklyBattles said:
There has been video footage of what seemed like Yang causing an explosion at will, despite this being theoretically possible to our knowledge.
Later on, it was theorized to be a minor animation error and she was simply springboarding off of another tree, which would coincide with our understanding of how Yang's gauntlets work and the limitations of how sh is able to propel herself as shown in the show as well as the fact that animation errors were widespread and prevalent in volume 1 where said video is from. This is Occam's Razor.
I'm going to guess you meant impossible? In that case, why? What makes this more impossible then everything else that happens?

That is pointing at something shown of screen and saying it's wrong. When is her limitation at propelling herself shown? She did it with her semblance, so it doesn't break in-verse rules if she can do it. Both her angle and how high she is makes it impossible that there was a tree behind her. When is there a point where she tries to propel herself but fails due to lack of objects near her? I know she manages to propel herself forward with her gaunlets, mid-air or not, several times.

@Ricsi The fact that it had never happened before and has not happened since in the entire course of the show or any of the extended media, while the scene youre referring to was smack dab in the middle of a season infamous for being chocked full of animation errors

What a character does with their seblance is not even remotely comparable to what they do without it. Blake can create clones of explosive fire and solid ice, does that mean she can self destruct and freeze people at will? And i already posted a scan of what you just asked for.

WeeklyBattles said:
Very bad equivalence. While a video on mars is an observation, an episode of a TV show is hand crafted.

You are the only person on this wiki to make this theory. For something like an entire asset being MISSING whenever she jumps is a HUGE animation error, not just a minor mistake.

This does NOT coincide with our knowledge of her gauntlets because they create explosions, and therefore she doesn't need to springboard off of anything but the blast waves.

If it were truly an animation error the creators themselves would state that Yang doesn't fly. But since you have not provided any creator statement we cannot possibly assume this to be true just because you said it.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Ricsi The fact that it had never happened before and has not happened since in the entire course of the show or any of the extended media, while the scene youre referring to was smack dab in the middle of a season infamous for being chocked full of animation errors
What a character does with their seblance is not even remotely comparable to what they do without it. Blake can create clones of explosive fire and solid ice, does that mean she can self destruct and freeze people at will? And i already posted a scan of what you just asked for.
You keep mentioning animation errors, but you have yet to provide one as severe as a tree being missing, despite the episode showing her jumping off of trees immediately after.

I'm not even gonna bother responding to the second part. You are again creating a FE between Blake's semblance and Yang's, which is irrelevant to this discussion.

MilesTheMorales1 said:
This does NOT coincide with our knowledge of her gauntlets because they create explosions, and therefore she doesn't need to springboard off of anything but the blast waves.

If it were truly an animation error the creators themselves would state that Yang doesn't fly. But since you have not provided any creator statement we cannot possibly assume this to be true just because you said it.
Incorrect in just about every way. They dont create explosions, they shoot energy that explodes on contact with a physical object. She needs to be near the explosion to be able to launch herself with it.

You are free to ask the developers of RWBY if Yang can fly lol

WeeklyBattles said:
You are free to ask the developers of RWBY if Yang can fly lol
My dude. That burden of proof is on you alone. We have proven to you now too many times to count while you just straight up ignore it to keep your headcanon.

You don't have an ounce of proof that she's limited to "jumping high" or anything else you have argued. How about instead of asking us for proof all day, you come up with something compelling for once, or ask the creators yourself.

Wait, I'll screenshot every explosion she makes in there.

• First Explosion: she is visibly above all the trees, and the explosion is directly behind her. It's impossible that she hit a tree there.
  • Second Explosion: She visibly nears a tree while her momentum is fading, but is never shown actually hitting anything.
  • Third Explosion: She visibly creates the explosion mid air, with no tree being hit. And the very next moment a tree comes in view, so it makes no sense to say that they forgot when they put in a tree a moment later for no reason.
  • Fourth Explosion: No tree in sight, the explosion is created exactly besides her.
  • Fifth Explosion: Explosion made under her, no tree hit on screen.
  • Sixth Explosion: Explosion made behind her, no tree there (She would have crashed into it if there was).
Of the six explosion, only one could even possibly could have been done by hitting a tree, and three of them was done mid-air without hitting anything.

That is a lot of consecutive errors one after another, being consistent with each other...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back