• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Remove all forms of flight from Yang Xiao Long's profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Literally in V1 where she does that for like hundreds of feet with no effort whatsoever.

Scans? Again if youre referring to when she was launched into the forest by a catapult thats not flight

How is propelling yourself to keep moving midair for, what, was that hundreds of meters(?) not flight?

What do you think normal flight is? Like, birds and stuff? The wings push air, create a counter force that pushes them up. Jets release energy, different types depending on the kind, which creates a counterforce that makes them go in a direction they want to mid air. Yang releases energy blasts to push herself into the air through the knock back (a counterforce).

No bird can fly forever so her being limited to a few dozen or hundred of shots is not a counter argument (and you have 0reviouslt argued that since she uses pure energy, she has unlimited ammo until she has stamina).

WeeklyBattles said:
Because that's not what she was doing. She was flung hundreds of meters by a catapult.
And..?

The catapult launch is not what is being argued weekly. She is shown to be able to propel herself up mid air even while she starts falling down.

https://youtu.be/1JZgPfbKbU4

At 1:00, she is plainly propelling herself with her shots when everyone else has landed, so you can't say that's just the catapult pushing her.

Yeah, thats a mid-air jump, she's not actively propelling herself hundreds of meters with her gauntlet she's using her gauntlet shots to control her descent

Why are you so damn hung up on hundreds of meters?

Firstly, those are dozens at the very least.

Secondly, mid-air jump literally states it can be pseudo-flight.

Lastly, she quiet literally propels herself upwards several times there, not just controlling her descent, and she only falls to "nail it".

Because jumping while falling and slowing/controlling your descent is the the same as flying are you being serious right now?

And no, she is falling because she was thrown off of a giant ass cliff by a catapult.

WeeklyBattles said:
Because jumping while falling and slowing/controlling your descent is the the same as flying are you being serious right now?
And no, she is falling because she was thrown off of a giant ass cliff by a catapult.
What do you think flight is? Do you think birds magically stay mid air? They are falling, so they flap their wings and catch enough air that they can physically push themselves up, which creates enough energy to... push them up. A jet engine instead releases fuel and air, which pushes against the opposite direction, letting whatever is flying move in a direction and control which whey they go.

Flight isn't ignoring gravity. It's making a counterforce that lets you oppose it. Blasting energy downwards in an explosive manner and using the knockback to not fall downwards still fits every definition of flight that matters, be it the wiki's or real world definition.

And as you might notice in the clip, she propels herself upwards several times (0:59, 1:01, 1:03, 1:04, 1:05 and 1:09), and the last time she porpusefully goes horizontally.

WeeklyBattles said:
So do you actually plan on posting scans of her flying around or are you going to just be sarcastic and unproductive?
Do you understand what flying is?

She makes explosions with her punches (there are literal explosions, and even the subtitles say *explosion*) that propell her upwards mid-air, and she repeats this six times before she decides to land.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Ricsi You realize that by your definition any human with a big enough trampoline would have pseudo flight right?
You can't possibly equate a trampoline that stay on the ground with a weapon that deliberately propels people in the air.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Ricsi You realize that by your definition any human with a big enough trampoline would have pseudo flight right?
No. That is literally not true.

A trampuline needs you to reach the ground and fall on the trampuline, a solid object. A trampuline can't propel you mid air. Yang can do that.

Yang is staying afloat in a gasous substance without the need to land on a solid object by creating a counterforce to gravity. Literally textbook flight. You do realize that every bird is techincally just jumping mid air by pushing against air wide and fast enough, right?

WeeklyBattles said:
MilesTheMorales1 said:
Tell me what she's doing right here:

https://youtu.be/OPjcCkMYYzY?t=135
Seeing as she's launching herself off of debris that is textbook acrobatics
I'm calling BS. She destroyed the piece of debris that was gonna hit her, and then lanched herself in the air. There are other clips of her not touching the ground and yet launching straight up with just her gauntlets.

Ricsi. I want you to fine me ONE scan of her flying UPWARDS without needing to punch off of something. Not forwards. Not sideways. Not running up something. Just flying UPWARDS.

You don't need to go diagonally up to fly... again, birds don't do that, because that's impossible to them. Are you going to tell me a hawk can't fly because it can only propel itself at 75 degrees instead of 90?

https://youtu.be/1JZgPfbKbU4?t=61

Here she blatantly moves farther up then where she was falling.

https://youtu.be/1JZgPfbKbU4?t=62

Here, she goes even more upwards. I'd eyeball it at a 70~ degree (assuming downwards is 0).

https://youtu.be/1JZgPfbKbU4?t=65

Here she just plain goes up.

MilesTheMorales1 said:
Did you watch the clip or did you memorize the url? She's very clearly NOT touching the ground, that's just the direction she punched.
I watched the clip, her fist is in contact with the ground when she launches herself over Shay

No, it's not. She got close but it never touched the ground. Also, she had springboarded off the trees AFTER she propelled herself upwards, now you're straight up lying.

Anyways, if you switched to arguing that she needs to punch solid objects to stay mid air then you concede the point that staying mid air through explosions without touching anything non-gasous does count as pseudo-flight?

MilesTheMorales1 said:
No, it's not. She got close but it never touched the ground. Also, she had springboarded off the trees AFTER she propelled herself upwards, now you're straight up lying.
Neat, i asked for her going up when not near anything

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Where is the tree she punched here?

Because that explosion didn't even reach the leaves.
Where is she goiong upwards there? Ive watched the scene five times now and she's going forwards there.

WeeklyBattles said:
Neat, i asked for her going up when not near anything
What does that matter?

What, you thin the kinetic energy that hits the trees so violently that not even their branches break suddenly bounces back into her and pushes her up?

Because as far as I'm concerned, she is making explosions, and said explosions are pushing her. The amount of energy the explosion has won't suddenly change weather she is 1 or a 100 meters away from ground.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Anyways, if you switched to arguing that she needs to punch solid objects to stay mid air then you concede the point that staying mid air through explosions without touching anything non-gasous does count as pseudo-flight?
Sure? she has no feats of flying through the air without using something nearby to springboard off of though so my point still stands

WeeklyBattles said:
Where is she goiong upwards there? Ive watched the scene five times now and she's going forwards there.
So again, do we remove a hawks ability to fly because it can only propell itself forward with a slight tilt upwards?

And please do point out how which of her ecplosions actually hits a tree.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
What does that matter?

What, you thin the kinetic energy that hits the trees so violently that not even their branches break suddenly bounces back into her and pushes her up?

Because as far as I'm concerned, she is making explosions, and said explosions are pushing her. The amount of energy the explosion has won't suddenly change weather she is 1 or a 100 meters away from ground.
Because she doesnt control WHERE the explosions happen. Its why she needs there to be a solid object nearby for her to springboard off of, if there's no solid object nearby she cant launch herself.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
What does that matter?

Because she doesnt control WHERE the explosions happen. Its why she needs there to be a solid object nearby for her to springboard off of, if there's no solid object nearby she cant launch herself.

So again, do we remove a hawks ability to fly because it can only propell itself forward with a slight tilt upwards?

And please do point out how which of her ecplosions actually hits a tree.

A hawk doesnt fly along the ground using explosions from its wings to stay in the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back