• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sunny Dragon vs Flying Dragon

Synopsis: These are two that I adore because they love to fight and aren't afraid to be smug and cocky about it, along with be hot headed and hot blooded,

Yang Xiao Long vs Katsuragi

yang_resize.png
LlRDy7F.png

Rules:​

• Links to characters: Yang Xiao Long, Katsuragi
  • Beacon Yang (>3.41 Tons of TNT) and Burst Katsuragi (7.61 Tons of TNT) are used
  • Both are in character
  • Yang is Mach 6
  • Katsuragi is Mach 5.102
Sunny Dragon:

Flying Dragon:

Tie:

FIGHT!!

Last edited:
They only share High 8-C key so assuming Burst Katsuragi and Post Beacon Yang:
  • Katsuragi is 7.616 Tons
  • Yang is 8.71 Tons
Since the OP didn't specify which Key is in use then we have to go by SBA and assume them at their peak, so Yang One-Shots.

Edit: I'm an idiot and can't read apparently.

So Yang is at a noticeable disadvantage then. Does she have the skill to make up for it? I don't know anything about RWBY skill anymore since it seems to constantly change on what's accepted as skill or not.

So Yang is at a noticeable disadvantage then. Does she have the skill to make up for it? I don't know anything about RWBY skill anymore since it seems to constantly change on what's accepted as skill or not.
Yang does have Burn which and I quote from her page:
the ability to absorb energy from the damage she has taken, and redirect it twice as hard at her opponent, effectively making her stronger with each hit she takes. She can save up the energy to use later for an even more devastating attack. Her ability also causes her eyes to change color from lilac to red, which is a "side-effect" of her Semblance, though it does occasionally happen outside of combat. When using her Semblance, she draws power from her hair. However, Yang's Semblance does not grant her invincibility and she does take damage from her opponents, as shown when Adam Taurus cuts her right arm off with Wilt and Blush. Although a powerful Semblance, Yang is unable to power it up without taking damage first, and fighters well-versed in dodging attacks can potentially bypass it entirely, rendering the added power useless. In early volumes her anger also caused her to unintentionally activate her Semblance
Although Katsuragi does have Frantic Mode as a way to increase her power too

So Yang is at a noticeable disadvantage then. Does she have the skill to make up for it?
Well she has her aura which lets her take multiple hits from characters stronger than her.
Does she have the skill to make up for it? I don't know anything about RWBY skill anymore since it seems to constantly change on what's accepted as skill or not.
Honestly I'm not 100% sure myself. There's a lot I could go into but gist of it is that Yang can casually outmatch groups of enemies and Grimm much larger than herself in hand-to-hand combat is comparable to others who can do the same. Her Intelligence section goes into more detail about her skill and fight style.

Back