• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Remove all forms of flight from Yang Xiao Long's profile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr. Bambu said:
which is incorrect, seemingly by admission of both sides of the active debate here. if we call it pseudo-flight, epic, thread done, if we define it as that specific vein of acrobatics, cool, pseudo-flight anyways. I guess I'm mostly just trying to say that I don't see the point.
The fact that regardless of what it's called, how it works will be changed based on whose suggestion is followed.

Mr. Bambu said:
which is incorrect, seemingly by admission of both sides of the active debate here. if we call it pseudo-flight, epic, thread done, if we define it as that specific vein of acrobatics, cool, pseudo-flight anyways. I guess I'm mostly just trying to say that I don't see the point.
If you're deciding whether or not to close the thread, wait until Weekly comes back and explains himself, as he's the reason this thread exists.

wasn't really planning on closing the thread, no.

ricsi... it functions like it does on-screen, how we classify it doesn't really affect that.

Mr. Bambu said:
ricsi... it functions like it does on-screen, how we classify it doesn't really affect that.
Yeah, but what we see on screen is being argued.

Specifically, Weekly said what we see on screen is wrong

Mr. Bambu said:
And how does it function on-screen? Multiple mid-air jumps in succession; That's textbook pseudo-flight and no longer just acrobatics.

I say honestly ignore the entire thread and just leave it as Pseudo-Flight. This is a ridiculous waste of time with the number of times she has achieved this and the number of times characters in the series pull off extremely similar feats through the propulsion of their ammunition.

It boggles my mind that people are seriosuly arguing for animation errors and mistakes in something that happens more than once and is ridiculously blatant.

I listed of all explosions.

If that is the only thing you can answer to, you are far from disproving me.

Little by little I am.

First you only said there was one leaf, then I prove that there was two, then you tried to use the first explosion as proof that she propelled through the air, and then I explained how that can't be used as evidence.

Little by little

As a reminder of the premise of the argument at hand, well after the goalposts had been shifted to some leaf particle nonsense:

MilesTheMorales1 said:
"She has never ever been shown to propel herself upwards, and whenever she does she has to change her entire physical position to do so. "
The former has been thoroughly debunked already, and the latter is a nonfactor, given that Iron Man, The Mandalorian and Boba Fett all have to move their body to move, and they're true flight users.

I hope this debate ends soon TBH, I wanna get back to unlocking Yang vs Inasa.

ElixirBlue said:
> First explosion, not much on screen for her surrounding, but no leaves.

You can't even count the 1st explosion as evidence. Sure, we don't see explosion trails when Ren looks up at her but we don't hear the sound her explosions make when they go off every other time.

The camera angle also prevents us from seeing behind her.
ElixirBlue said:
Monty thought it was Necessary to animate leaves after she blasted off.

2nd explosion:
5th Explosion (as the 4th explosion's camera angle is bad To determine if she hit air or a tree)

792BCAC7-2982-4644-85EE-9A974E855FD2
72E90539-F43D-4495-BB2A-EB6E97A49E90
5646E5CC-CE7C-4556-993B-43CB68B0B93E
180FCE8A-7F50-4F74-A25C-D81E5249E95E
85E31A51-6677-4305-9F29-4E42509A247C
Bounce

6th explosion: sliding horizontally through air like a boss before crashing into the trees.

8DEAD72D-7B26-4E36-9481-3D18DB4F11A8
71C006ED-9A33-4C00-A206-707E0897DA38

ElixirBlue said:
But leaves are evidence that she was low enough to hit the trees to bounce.
No, because she visibly doesn't in the second.

And again, she still does it in season 3, and she propels herself in her trailer without hitting anything.

ElixirBlue said:
But leaves are evidence that she was low enough to hit the trees to bounce.
Why would anyone assume she's bouncing off the tree instead of literally gliding past it at high speeds, hence the leaves, which is exactly what it looks like...?

Your entire argument is based on one instance of one case of Yang doing this that doesn't even look like what you are describing. Are you just trying to be contrarian?

One case of her bouncing around with explosions. She does this more than once. Yet your efforts are focused on a single jump of a single instance where she's clearly jumping using the explosions.

That's not very good proof against all other times she does bounce around with her explosions, less so when a ton of other people in verse already show ease using the explosions of their weapons to achieve pseudo flight.

apologies, had to head out, run some errands

@Miles that's what I'm getting at br0ther. this qualifies as pseudo-flight regardless of which side of the current debate you take. Elixir classifying it as acrobatics would still simultaneously classify it as pseudo-flight.

Mr. Bambu said:

@Miles that's what I'm getting at br0ther. this qualifies as pseudo-flight regardless of which side of the current debate you take. Elixir classifying it as acrobatics would still simultaneously classify it as pseudo-flight.
It boards to pseudo-flight, without it being quite there.

ElixirBlue said:
VsBattleWiki Acrobatics page.

Mid-Air Jump: Acting like they stand on a solid surface, the users are capable of performing additional jumps in the middle of the air. Some users can even obtain Pseudo-flight by jumping in mid-air indefinitely.

Schnee One said:
People are arguing over 100 posts for something this ridiculous.

Unbelievable.

It doesn't matter how it's achieved, it is psuedo flight, thread done and over with.
Acrobatics, Mid-Air Jump.

VsBattleWiki Acrobatics page.

Mid-Air Jump: Acting like they stand on a solid surface, the users are capable of performing additional jumps in the middle of the air. Some users can even obtain Pseudo-flight by jumping in mid-air indefinitely.

VsBattleWiki Flight page.

Pseudo-flight - A form of flight simulated by successive teleportation or jumps.

Yang fits the Acrobatics definition better than the Flight definition.

Mr. Bambu said:
The issue is him saying it is more limited than it actually is. I don't care if it sounds the same, I am not gonna follow his insane belief and put something on the profile that isn't accurate, because Yang doesn't need to bounce off surfaces.

Someone close the thread, this is a waste of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back