• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Wokistan

Bioluminescent African American Working At The CIA
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Human Resources
I could make something up like fire lesbian vs fire widow grieving her husband but to be honest I made this match because of their names

Yang Xiao Long vs Xiao Presumablywhateverlowell'slastnameis

Yang's AP: 326 tons

Xiao's AP: 203 tons

Speed equal, both 8-A, Xiao doesn't start in E.G.O. but is perfectly capable of popping it.

Takes place in the top of Mago City from SANABI, which is a good game people should try out. Start 20m out from one another.

Yang:
Xiao: 4 (First Witch, Jiangshi1, CurrySenpai, InfiniteDay)
Inconclusive:

Last edited:
The fact Xiao's fire burns away stamina specifically (and against people on her level who have absolutely absurd endurance) would screw up Yang's aura pretty quickly, and her trying to use Burn would be overridden wholesale by Xiao using E.G.O, given they can also nullify stat amps

You could also argue the detail that Xiao's flames burn someone from the inside out would mean aura just doesn't matter and this ends pretty rapidly, but I imagine that's more a description of the card art than a literal bypass of armor and whatnot

I dunno if Skill even works but I'm not sure if that one's as high end for Xiao

PMoon dosnt feature much in terms of skill feats (Roland is probably the most noteworthy and hes no Ikki in terms of skillwankery), but I also dont believe Yang is so far up ahead that she would lap Xiao. It is objectivly an advantage, wether or not it will matter is another topic.

PMoon dosnt feature much in terms of skill feats (Roland is probably the most noteworthy and hes no Ikki in terms of skillwankery), but I also dont believe Yang is so far up ahead that she would lap Xiao. It is objectivly an advantage, wether or not it will matter is another topic.
There's actually quite a lot to abuse there, particularly with rabbits and Argalia. Thanks clone machine learning and resonance

There's actually quite a lot to abuse there, particularly with rabbits and Argalia. Thanks clone machine learning and resonance
Woki. I was in the trenches. I was there when the ancient spells were written. I endured close to 10 threads of skillwankery.

That stuff is alright. Also isnt Argalias vibration stuff primarily his weapon?

Apparently he has to do all the tuning manually, which is pretty wacky given how real life resonance works. The best people are probably gonna be Iori via having taught everyone and Roland via being able to perform as a color fixer despite doing everything just from trying to copy how he remembers Angelica doing it. They're not on par with the incoherent nonsense people liked to push for Rakudai but you can certainly argue the top people above a lot of things. I don't really know what the mainstream Yang skill argument is though.

Yangs only advantages are skill and AP, Xiao folds her in literally every other category
I don't think Yang can win Skill. Keep in mind Xiao is the director of an ENTIRE BRANCH of Shi, an association which specializes in direct combat and warfare. She probably has to be the best of the best in the association and among Grade 1 fixers to achieve such a role. Plus there's more variety of enemies and especially human enemies in PM's setting. Xiao should be all means trounce Yang in skill.

Apparently he has to do all the tuning manually, which is pretty wacky given how real life resonance works. The best people are probably gonna be Iori via having taught everyone and Roland via being able to perform as a color fixer despite doing everything just from trying to copy how he remembers Angelica doing it. They're not on par with the incoherent nonsense people liked to push for Rakudai but you can certainly argue the top people above a lot of things. I don't really know what the mainstream Yang skill argument is though.
Resonance is a good skill feat yeah.

Also agree on that, Iori and Roland have the best skill feats in Pmoon right now.

Not all of it was incoherent, although I dont blame you for thinking that considering a really nonsensical feat was peddled up way too high and then sequently memed to death, the rest is basic skill nonsense.

I admittly dont remember much from RWBYS Skill nonsense, just that a way too big amount of it was shitty scaling chains (Peddled by Weekly, I refrain from commenting on its validity), but when its about coughing baby vs coughing baby then every bit counts. Which applies here because Xiao by all accounts shoudnt scale to neither Argalia nor Roland in terms of skill.
I don't think Yang can win Skill. Keep in mind Xiao is the director of an ENTIRE BRANCH of Shi, an association which specializes in direct combat and warfare. She probably has to be the best of the best in the association and among Grade 1 fixers to achieve such a role. Plus there's more variety of enemies and especially human enemies in PM's setting. Xiao should be all means trounce Yang in skill.
Liu*

Im fully aware of that. But the thing about that is that its all just scaling chains in the end and RWBY excells at that particular section. Something something world greatest hunters yawn. Its way more productive to compare actuall feats and both series dont really give much in that regards.

And I would love to debate skill any day of the week (prefferably with a character I give a shit about instead of literal RWBY characters lmfao), but as I initially mentioned in my post already, its such a moot argument to be had. Xiao is folding Yang even if shes thrice as skilled

Liu*

Im fully aware of that. But the thing about that is that its all just scaling chains in the end and RWBY excells at that particular section. Something something world greatest hunters yawn. Its way more productive to compare actuall feats and both series dont really give much in that regards.

And I would love to debate skill any day of the week (prefferably with a character I give a shit about instead of literal RWBY characters lmfao), but as I initially mentioned in my post already, its such a moot argument to be had. Xiao is folding Yang even if shes thrice as skilled
I thoguht I fixed that, anyways.

YOU WILL ENJOY ALL Of YOUR SKILL SLOP DEBATES THANK YOU VER MUCH

Is this a formal challenge to a skill debate? Thats so romantic of you
I am only romantic with white women, so if you are one then yes consider it romantic, but if you're not then...

No. I don't like skill debates :((((((

Sadly most of the verses I like are not skilled.

Last edited:
Just a quick note, that calc for Yang was done using her Semblance, as noted by the pic in the blog. Her regular AP is 249 tons from this calc.
I think this means you can solidly argue Yang just has no advantages the moment Xiao uses E.G.O., since she can nullify stat amps and I don't think it's only a 1.2x increase

Isn't that something

I'm more surprised how much I like this MU...

But Xiao pretty much for the reasons above. Yang may have the slight AP advantage, but Xiao's far more skilled given her being a Liu leader, definetly more experinced and has a sheer hax overload that could let her overwhelm Yang just by existing and Pú Láo pretty much negates Yang's semblance entirely while Bā Xià makes her attacks weaker. Shes pretty much going to leave Yang quite toasty

Of course, she also resembled a draconic Lu Bu so she won style points on top of that.

might as well bump

I'm solidly sure this just categorically fits into being a Stomp Thread, even if it's not a conventional "Yang instantly dies to mindhax fire" or whatever

AP gap is not as big as presented in the OP as mentioned earlier and gets negated by Xiao popping E.G.O (which in turn, would nullify Yang's stat amp), skill is absolutely not in Yang's court given Argalia's sheer precision allowing him to cause resonance and all the other stuff (and Yang just not having wacky stuff beyond fighting a lot of things for awhile), her stamina burning flames would burn Aura down rather rapidly, Fixer endurance means even Yang getting lucky hits probably just isn't going to slow Xiao down (emphasized far more by E.G.O. healing her whenever she uses that), I honestly don't see how Yang would reasonably win

This is especially reflected by the fact the only arguments on this thread have been over how hard Xiao wins, rather than Yang really having a shot

skill is absolutely not in Yang's court given Argalia's sheer precision allowing him to cause resonance and all the other stuff (and Yang just not having wacky stuff beyond fighting a lot of things for awhile)
Xiao is not scaling to Argalia though unless my horribly spotty memory deleted that fight between them from my head. And we dont criss cross scale skill like that.

Her 8-A key quite directly scales the two off the fact Xiao was fully ready to fight them before he got reinforcements, which would be rather strange if said encounter would just devolve into Xiao using pure AP as Argalia just repeatedly pinpoints her with his extreme precision

Jesus I did memoryhole something out, I probably should get that checked.

Xiao could also had been full of herself and get her ass handed to him if it came to it. Brutish fighters versus skilled fighter is also a painfully overused trope so the assumption that even if Xiao 100 % could put up a good fight against Argalia magically means that shes as skilled as he is I have to disagree with.

Back