• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Re:adding Resistance to Time Stop and Updating Hit's Range | Dragon Ball Super Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's easy, juts figure out what hits does, whatever he does goku resists it.
Hit can skip time [and can freeze people while skipping time] so goku resists time skip no?

It's easy, juts figure out what hits does, whatever he does goku resists it.
Hit can skip time [and can freeze people while skipping time] so goku resists time skip no?
Hardly a time-stop, it is established that he skip time not stop time (except the feat he did to the gang in the in-between arc/pre-ToP). He apply his time manip on himself to leap in time to the future to strike Goku. It is similar to Infinite Speed character who when move make Finite speed character frozen like they are being time-stop according to Note 7 Speed page. But again Hit apply his time manip on himself, how can Goku resist an ability that not even cast on himself in the first place. So Goku react and counter-attack to Hit is either speed feat (which could be Immeasurable or Infinite) or Precognition

Hardly a time-stop, it is established that he skip time not stop time (except the feat he did to the gang in the in-between arc/pre-ToP). He apply his time manip on himself to leap in time to the future to strike Goku. It is similar to Infinite Speed character who when move make Finite speed character frozen like they are being time-stop according to Note 7 Speed page. But again Hit apply his time manip on himself, how can Goku resist an ability that not even cast on himself in the first place. So Goku react and counter-attack to Hit is either speed feat (which could be Immeasurable or Infinite) or Precognition
If time is getting skipped then how does it only applies to him honestly it's kinda similar to diavolo's time Erasure expect hit is only erasing a fraction of an second

If time is getting skipped then how does it only applies to him honestly it's kinda similar to diavolo's time Erasure expect hit is only erasing a fraction of an second
oh, so you goes cross-scale between verse now, so tell me did he skip the time of the entire universe or just himself to he fast forward in time???

oh, so you goes cross-scale between verse now, so tell me did he skip the time of the entire universe or just himself to he fast forward in time???
No I was just saying it's similar to diavolo's time erasure let's just forget I said that or else this thread is gonna become a Jojo discussion thread just like how it became a death note discussion thread

This. Is. Chaos.

Could we please get our thoughts in order? Let's do this like a [American] court of law: opening statements from the defense, then the prosecution, followed by cross-examination and finally, closing statements.

As much as I love chaos, this is hardly the place for it.

This. Is. Chaos.

Could we please get our thoughts in order? Let's do this like a [American] court of law: opening statements from the defense, then the prosecution, followed by cross-examination and finally, closing statements.

As much as I love chaos, this is hardly the place for it.
Nah the problem is most people join in and decide to use other verse as example for their argument, and it dragged the thread into an entirely different direction

Nah the problem is most people join in and decide to use other verse as example for their argument, and it dragged the thread into an entirely different direction
Yeah treating verses like they operate in the exact same way is a pet peeve of mine...

So, Light Yagami is not relevant here. Diavolo is not relevant here. So, without using other characters and being like "they have it so why can't Goku?", could we get something like an explanation of how Time Skip works and why Goku would get Time Stop resistance due to it?

Please and thank you.

Uhhh goku can nullify power 👀
But precognition sounds good, it aligns with goku "predicting hits action" and if we treat it as a speed feat, it would be immeasurable since he is defeating time travel [I know it's time skip, but technically both achieve the same results: going into the future], and we know time travel with pure speed is immeasurable. Tho we need some other immeasurable speed feats so the interputation isn't an outlier

It is similar to Infinite Speed character who when move make Finite speed character frozen like they are being time-stop according to Note 7 Speed page.
MFTL+ characters can move so fast another MFTL+ will be statued tho and I believe the goku likewise jiren were predicting hit time skip attack and I think they should even be faster than him on a norms.

Since goku was moving in the timeskip itself it can't just be a precognition feat to my understanding, since moving in the time skip would be moving through time. Also, it's not an outlier because both Jiren, Dyspo, and others were also shown moving in the time skip. As well as people surpassing or reacting to Infinte Zamasu who can spread his form through time. There's other examples as well.

They should get immeasarable speed

Believe Me it was brought up before [hopefully not] and it got rejected. Tho it would make sense but uh

I would like it if someone corroborated why they shouldn't have it then. This is pretty blatant.
Lack of immeasurable/infinite speeds.
if you high ball it, Dyspo, goku and jiren would have it, plus goku moving in an erased timeline and being in a void with no space or time.
But all of them got rejected I believe unless someone can correct me

It seems that most people agree with the notion that time skip is traveling through time. So if that's the case we have multiple people shown moving through it. Therefore having a multitude of examples of immeasarable speed. Saying theres a lack of examples seem like an arbitrary statment. Especially if you count the other examples besides the time skip ones.

It seems that most people agree with the notion that time skip is traveling through time. So if that's the case we have multiple people shown moving through it. Therefore having a multitude of examples of immeasarable speed. Saying theres a lack of examples seem like an arbitrary statment. Especially if you count the other examples besides the time skip ones.
Believe me, as much as I want, they can all say the examples are outliers, you need one character having multiple feats, not many characters doing one feat
[But I agree with you, but this is how it goes sadly]

Bruh that's sounds so arduous 💀. They're using the term outlier incorrectly, there's no contradictions and multiple examples. Plus saying one character needs multiple different feats is very pedantic. However, when it comes to goku, im pretty sure he does have multiple different examples. The time skip feat, saying timeskip won't work on him anymore in the rematch, having the reaction time to hang on to a time machine mid flight, and surpassing and reacting to Infinte zamasu who can travel through time via movement.

For now I'll wait until someone who actually disagrees wants to delineate their position though.

Bruh that's sounds so arduous 💀. They're using the term outlier incorrectly, there's no contradictions and multiple examples. Plus saying one character needs multiple different feats is very pedantic. However, when it comes to goku, im pretty sure he does have multiple different examples. The time skip feat, saying timeskip won't work on him anymore in the rematch, having the reaction time to hang on to a time machine mid flight, and surpassing and reacting to Infinte zamasu who can travel through time via movement.

For now I'll wait until someone who actually disagrees wants to delineate their position though.
The best argument they can do is "outlier this" "outlier that" I wouldn't be surprised this would get turned down, but I would be surprised if I see any actual decent response. So good lmao

The best arguments are : outlier, flowery language.
That's peak debating.
And there is a better one: I dunno, it doesn't make me comfortable giving them this ability/tier/dura etc...so imma delete the whole verse

goku saw Vegeta's fight with hit and figured out how hits time skip works and predicted where hit was going to use it, he used ssjb kk X10 so he will be fast enough to resist the effects of time skip, if goku is significantly faster and stronger then the foe he can resist time powers

goku saw Vegeta's fight with hit and figured out how hits time skip works and predicted where hit was going to use it, he used ssjb kk X10 so he will be fast enough to resist the effects of time skip, if goku is significantly faster and stronger then the foe he can resist time powers
He never resist the time skip in the first place because the ability never once used on him like what Hit did to Jiren and the Mafia Boss.

If Goku was truly Immeasurable, then the time limit of the tournament of power would literally not matter to him, as he would be able to move forward or backward in time at will

However, Goku, and literally no one else in DB, can do feats such as this, so it contradicts Immeasurable Goku

I mean considering how these characters are bare minimum hundreds to septillions of c. logically speaking the entire ToP should have been over in less than a second. I'm not particularly fond of the time limit argument tbh

Although Heroes could be more likely to have immeasurable with feats of flying to alternate timelines and points in time via flight

im gonna say it: just because you’re fast enough to move through time doesn’t mean you have the capabilities or power to actually carry out the function or ability to do so.

with that logic Immeasurable speed characters would be moving through time every moment they use said speed.

Last edited:
If Goku was truly Immeasurable, then the time limit of the tournament of power would literally not matter to him, as he would be able to move forward or backward in time at will
Pretty sure tine travel via sheer speed is just time travel nothing more

However, Goku, and literally no one else in DB, can do feats such as this, so it contradicts Immeasurable Goku
None of the scenes in dragonball ever perfectly represent even ftl speeds. Furthermore, there's no reason that immeasurable speed characters can't just fight while time passes. Plus your statment is incorrect. In the TOP we see multiple people move through time at will to counter the time skip.
Pretty sure tine travel via sheer speed is just time travel nothing more
Well by default it would be defined as immeasurable speed. Since with movement they're doing an action that isn't measurable. Plus in dragonball's case, Hit reacted to people countering his timeskip. Which shows his fighting speed is on that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back