• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Hit's Time Skip: A final explanation.

Follow up of this thread, which is a follow up of this one.

I made a blog explaining in detail what is exactly Hit's Time Skip, in the most organic way possible in order to give the best understanding of the ability as possible while also clearing misconceptions.

Basically, the Time Skip is a ultimately made of different abilities, which can be explained as being:
What would this give? Technically still Resistance to Time Stop for Goku with KK10 and whoever else, given that he could oppose the main effect of the Time Skip on the others, aka making time stop flowing for anyone but Hit himself, explaining why it's "Time Stop but also not". Everything else is explained in the blog in more detail.

Whoever gets resistance to Time Stop is up to you all however, as idrc about that myself.

I would like to add this to your crt, in fact i agree.

第6宇宙の伝説の殺し屋。第7宇宙との格闘試合では、時間を止める技「時とばし」で悟空を窮地に追い込んだ。

Translation:

"A legendary assassin from Universe 6. In a martial arts fight with Universe 7, he pushed Goku into a corner with his "Time Skip" technique, which stops time"

toei source

This is a pretty good explanation, though I do want to point out a few things.

When Hit uses the Tides of Time in the Tournament of Power, it's verbatim called Time Skip. (By Jiren, Dyspo, and Hit himself), so you could probably alter the phrasing a bit since Goku and Hit's testimony in Epi.71-72 is directly contradicted by the ToP Episodes.

Hit specifically didn't have access to the temporal Dimension, or at least that kind of functionality, until after U6VU7. He notes mid-fight he had never explored or evolved the Time Skip beyond the basic function he displayed in that arc until he fought Goku, so this creates a minor conundrum in which Hit doesn't have a Dimension to explain away/apply this effect on others to achieve what is explained in later episodes. (This also makes sense, because the Dimension is created from the Time that TS stores, so TS cannot be Dimension reliant), so this means that Time Skip is achieving this effect without the Dimension whatsoever initially (which makes sense based on how the Dimension is stated to be created), or that Hit's Time Skip always had this Dimensional Storage Effect and he just never realized (contradicting the Dimension Creation statement or meaning the Dimension is created simultaneously, passively, when TS is activated, instead of consciously) until after he fought Goku and better harnessed his powers.

Regardless, this does mean that Goku should probably get both Time Stop Resistance and Analytical Prediction back if this accepted.

I mean, Goku could still move during the Time Skip, so time couldn't be completely frozen to him

Also, if Time Skip is not "skipping" time in a literal sense, but making him go to his pocked dimension where time only flows for him, then how can he "store the time he skips" if he isn't skipping?

Also if the explanation of the unconventional time stop is that it stops time "but time is still technically flowing".....then i ask, if one resists it, would they be able to resist normal means of time time that completely stop the flow of time?

To help, could you write a description of how the ability would be indexed in Hit's profile?

Hit specifically didn't have access to the temporal Dimension, or at least that kind of functionality, until after U6VU7. He notes mid-fight he had never explored or evolved the Time Skip beyond the basic function he displayed in that arc until he fought Goku, so this creates a minor conundrum in which Hit doesn't have a Dimension to explain away/apply this effect on others to achieve what is explained in later episodes. (This also makes sense, because the Dimension is created from the Time that TS stores, so TS cannot be Dimension reliant), so this means that Time Skip is achieving this effect without the Dimension whatsoever initially (which makes sense based on how the Dimension is stated to be created), or that Hit's Time Skip always had this Dimensional Storage Effect and he just never realized (contradicting the Dimension Creation statement or meaning the Dimension is created simultaneously when TS is activated, instead of consciously) until after he fought Goku and better harnessed his powers.
This actually can change some things about it, if he didn't have access to it until after the U7 arc.

It could mean that Hit isn't actually stopping time at all there, but only "skipping" it, and going to the place he'd have gone in the next 0.1/0.5 seconds (hence explaining why Goku visibly reacted to it while being hit), and discovering the Time Stop propreties later on (thus ******* up my blog completely lmao).
I mean, Goku could still move during the Time Skip, so time couldn't be completely frozen to him

Also, if Time Skip is not "skipping" time in a literal sense, but making him go to his pocked dimension where time only flows for him, then how can he "store the time he skips" if he isn't skipping?

Also if the explanation of the unconventional time stop is that it stops time "but time is still technically flowing".....then i ask, if one resists it, would they be able to resist normal means of time time that completely stop the flow of time?

To help, could you write a description of how the ability would be indexed in Hit's profile?
Note that I am prone in changing the blog if needed to correct myself. I am just trying to cover everything said in the anime/manga about it.

This actually can change some things about it, if he didn't have access to it until after the U7 arc.

It could mean that Hit isn't actually stopping time at all there, but only "skipping" it, and going to the place he'd have gone in the next 0.1/0.5 seconds (hence explaining why Goku visibly reacted to it while being hit), and discovering the Time Stop propreties later on (thus ******* up my blog completely lmao).

Note that I am prone in changing the blog if needed to correct myself. I am just trying to cover everything said in the anime/manga about it.
I see, good work

Why the heck is this so complicated lmao

But Vados then says otherwise so... ****.
But the user itself says otherwise so plus he clearly says that he is going to use timeskip anymore since he knows it wouldn't work on goku and then proceeds to use this ability

He also requires the time he skips to create that dimension and it was said by whis

But the user itself says otherwise so plus he clearly says that he is going to use timeskip anymore since he knows it wouldn't work on goku and then proceeds to use this ability
I am more interpreting it as "Hit uses the dimension hopping side of the Time Skip" tbh.

Yeah time skip shouldn't be classified pocket reality manipulation cause it is pretty clearly stated during hit vs goku rematch that it is a completely different ability than time skip
Hit himself contradicts this in the ToP. The Times of Time (Pocket Reality) according to him is also Time Skip. Hence why I pointed out in a previous thread that Time Skip seems to be an overarching name to a plethora of Time Based abilities Hit has.

Hit himself contradicts this in the ToP. The Times of Time (Pocket Reality) according to him is also Time Skip. Hence why I pointed out in a previous thread that Time Skip seems to be an overarching name to a plethora of Time Based abilities Hit has.
To be fair I am ok with time skip having all of the abilities but I am suggesting during the u7 vs u6 arc he shouldn't have the pocket reality cause he needs the time he skip in the first place to create that said dimension quoted by whis

Like Topaz herself said, that scene is proof that the people behind the power didn't know what they were doing, because it acts like Time Skip, (as Goku is able to react) but is also Time Stop (Goku is in his stance he was before, not having reacted to it at all). So while Hit not having the Dimension yet it is a legitimate hole in your Blog, it's legitimately just because the power is King Crimson 2.0/Makes no sense.

Edit: It also should be noted that another two factors in that scene which contradict are that the .5 Time Skip can be predicted (as it's the same Time Skip as before but lengthened, (giving evidence it is the Time Skip it claims to be, since Hit would be merely going on the determined path to be predicted, ala Diavolo), but also behaving as a Time Stop (as instead of merely instanteously appearing where he'd be in the future, like he should if the prior is true, he is INSTEAD taking actions within that timeframe as if his name is DIO).

Last edited:
Like Topaz herself said, that scene is proof that the people behind the power didn't know what they were doing, because it acts like Time Skip, (as Goku is able to react) but is also Time Stop (Goku is in his stance he was before, not having reacted to it at all). So while Hit not having the Dimension yet it is a legitimate hole in your Blog, it's legitimately just because the power is King Crimson 2.0/Makes no sense.
I am very much aware of that, I just didn't know how to address it.

Maybe Hit did genuinely have also Time Stop after the U6 arc, only that before he just skipped himself in the place he'd be in the future (aka he'd just would have a weird Time Travel, thus we're getting back to either the bs Immeasurable argument, or the super-specific Time resistance that nothing in this wiki is compatible with).

But at the same time, Vados says that Hit is using the Time Skip over and over on Jiren, effectively freezing him.

Besides what makes Hit's ability so hard is that it kinda of completely contradicts itself many times, making this pure nonsense.
I would like to add this to your crt, in fact i agree.

第6宇宙の伝説の殺し屋。第7宇宙との格闘試合では、時間を止める技「時とばし」で悟空を窮地に追い込んだ。

Translation:

"A legendary assassin from Universe 6. In a martial arts fight with Universe 7, he pushed Goku into a corner with his "Time Skip" technique, which stops time"

toei source

I mean, ok. But these are secondary sources so huuuuh.

I personally think that the happy middle place is a combination of your first and second takes.

Hit is Time Skipping (Micro Time Traveling) {from the First Take}, Unconventional Time Stopping (from Second Take), and after the Tournament he has the Pocket-Space. Dimensional Travel, and ST Manip. Mostly because each part is an undeniable occurrence, and the real trick is trying to reconcile these three different arcs.

This then allows us to explain away everything Goku is resisting. Outlier Immeasurable (allowing us to toss out with a note), Time Stop Resistance (how he got through Time Stop effects), and Analytical Prediction (his predictions against Hit early fight).

(I was going to suggest it as a non-quantifiable Speed Feat {Dimensional Travel + Time Stop Resistance + Analytical}, but that runs into the problem of Hit legit just not HAVING the Dimension that fight, so I really don't know what else we can do.)

Or maybe as he Time Travels, Time is Stopped?

Besides what makes Hit's ability so hard is that it kinda of completely contradicts itself many times, making this pure nonsense.

I mean, ok. But these are secondary sources so huuuuh.
Yes, it's good to add everything, sometimes people are in doubt as to whether Hit has time stop.

This then allows us to explain away everything Goku is resisting. Outlier Immeasurable (allowing us to toss out with a note), Time Stop Resistance (how he got through Time Stop effects), and Analytical Prediction (his predictions against Hit early fight).
To be fair, I do not believe it'd be Immeasurable. Given how unique this is, and the fact it shares the same properties of a Time Stop, I'd just say it's a Resistance to Unconventional Time Stop and that's it, as we do not give to Time Stop resistance Infinite speed either.

To be fair, I do not believe it'd be Immeasurable. Given how unique this is, and the fact it shares the same properties of a Time Stop, I'd just say it's a Resistance to Unconventional Time Stop and that's it, as we do not give to Time Stop resistance Infinite speed either.
Fair. I was mostly referring to the Time Traveling property, but I personally don't care for Immeasurable Speed regardless. Though I do think it is required to remain an Analytical Prediction feat, simply because that's verbatim how Goku was beating it earlier into the fight.

I personally think that the happy middle place is a combination of your first and second takes.

Hit is Time Skipping (Micro Time Traveling) {from the First Take}, Unconventional Time Stopping (from Second Take), and after the Tournament he has the Pocket-Space. Dimensional Travel, and ST Manip. Mostly because each part is an undeniable occurrence, and the real trick is trying to reconcile these three different arcs.
define "unconventional" because depending on that it will define if other conventional Time Stops would work on Goku with the resistance or not

altho.....i don't think Time Stop at all works given the instances where Goku moved during it before Kaioken, like, if he is "stoped" then how could he react to hit as he was hitting him during Time Skip? and how could he move as hit activated time skip, changing positions to block his attack?

Or maybe as he Time Travels, Time is Stopped?
that can't be it, if the flow of time is stoped, then there is no "future" for him to travel, as the time flow is stuck at "present"

i still think that my original solutions of "Time Travel, possibly Time Stop" could work for Hit's Time Skip while adding a note in the bottom of the page explaining the contradictory nature that it has

But Vados then says otherwise so... ****.
But doesn't the hit in ep 71/72 say that he didn't use the Time Skip in the second fight against Goku? Besides, from what I remember, Vados says that the time skipped from the time skip is used for the pocket dimension. (There's a lot of text, so I may not have read something that talks about this)

From what I saw, in the future they will call the pocket dimension as "time skip" too? If I didn't understand wrong, contrary to what Hit said previously (about him not using Time skip against Goku and just using the dimension)

This is just a speculation, but I think that Hit throughout the arcs expands and evolves the timeskip as the arcs go on, and everything ends up being called a timeskip because they have it as a base? (Although this doesn't happen in the rematch between Goku and Hit)

This shit is confusing.

I think we're debating over little things, and said things are going to fill up the thread. Hit was obviously referring to skipping through time, since that stopped working at the end of the U6 Arc, the fact we have an official statement that confirms his Pocket Reality truly is his Time Skip, there shouldn't really be any debate around it. Categorizing time skip as this big umbrella of time abilities seems to be the most accurate as the writers are very inconsistent in the anime.
However, in the manga, time skip is VERY consistently portrayed as power-based time stop.

define "unconventional" because depending on that it will define if other conventional Time Stops would work on Goku with the resistance or not
In this instance, the pocket reality’s time doesn’t flow for anyone but Hit, and Goku is resisting that effect. Though, whether or not it applies to other characters on sure is up in the air.
altho.....i don't think Time Stop at all works given the instances where Goku moved during it before Kaioken, like, if he is "stoped" then how could he react to hit as he was hitting him during Time Skip? and how could he move as hit activated time skip, changing positions to block his attack?
We see before this moment when Goku fought against Hit in base he actually moved before the Skip. So that would work. Also, Goku reacting to the TS blows doesn’t work as proof when the moment after (Goku back in his stance as if he wasn’t reacting at all) contradicts it. Like Topaz said, it’s legit just inconsistent.
that can't be it, if the flow of time is stoped, then there is no "future" for him to travel, as the time flow is stuck at "present"
I mean, I dunno how else to logic out the inconsistencies.

In this instance, the pocket reality’s time doesn’t flow for anyone but Hit, and Goku is resisting that effect. Though, whether or not it applies to other characters on sure is up in the air.
i mean, then wouldn't Goku have Dimensional Travel to go

We see before this moment when Goku fought against Hit in base he actually moved before the Skip. So that would work.
in a moment he moved during it, in one scene, he is in a kicking with his foot a few centimeters from Hit while his arms are spread on the side of his body, in the next moment after we hear the Time Skip sound effect, his feet are both on the ground with his arms in a close proximity to his face to guard against a Kick from Hit, if he was frozen, then he wouldn't be able to move his body to the new position

Also, Goku reacting to the TS blows doesn’t work as proof when the moment after (Goku back in his stance as if he wasn’t reacting at all) contradicts it. Like Topaz said, it’s legit just inconsistent.
like, if the moment is "Skipped" then obviously for Goku that moment he lived and react will never have happened as it would have been "Skipped", you get what i am saying?

I mean, I dunno how else to logic out the inconsistencies.
at this point i don't think there is a way

We know that all hit skill variations are called time skip in the ToP.

well this does not help at all with the inconsistencies that time skip is treated at the beginning as time stop and even hit declares to stop time later

i mean, then wouldn't Goku have Dimensional Travel to go
He would…if Hit had the Dimension then. But he doesn’t.
in a moment he moved during it, in one scene, he is in a kicking with his foot a few centimeters from Hit while his arms are spread on the side of his body, in the next moment after we hear the Time Skip sound effect, his feet are both on the ground with his arms in a close proximity to his face to guard against a Kick from Hit, if he was frozen, then he wouldn't be able to move his body to the new position
In the exact scene after, Goku moves before Time Skip, attacking where Hit would be, and catching him. The reason I bring this up is because in the one you reference and the most prominent one (the SSB Punch Kick), the moment is a dramatic offscreen’d event. It just happens. And we see the other predicts from far away as high speed clashes, so there’s technically not an inconsistent visual. That SAID, you are right that the sound effect taking place before any visible movement creates a contradiction. But we also have Time Stop instances, so again, just inconsistent.
like, if the moment is "Skipped" then obviously for Goku that moment he lived and react will never have happened as it would have been "Skipped", you get what i am saying?
I believe so.
at this point i don't think there is a way
You might be right.

No.

Hit does not skip time by slipping into the separate dimension, the separate dimension only exists because he skips time.

How are you extrapolating "Hit enters the dimension for a split second, and everything is frozen from his perspective" from "To be exact, he's skipping time. And Hit can store the time he's skipped. And with that stored time, he can create a separate space, a parallel world."?

Need I remind you that, while he is in inside the alternate dimension—his Tides of Time—HE CAN STILL BE SEEN; HE IS SIMPLY INTANGIBLE.
Vados herself told YOU that he can still be seen.

Guess when he can't been seen.
When he's skipping time.

No.

Hit does not skip time by slipping into the separate dimension, the separate dimension only exists because he skips time.

How are you extrapolating "Hit enters the dimension for a split second, and everything is frozen from his perspective" from "To be exact, he's skipping time. And Hit can store the time he's skipped. And with that stored time, he can create a separate space, a parallel world."?

Need I remind you that, while he is in inside the alternate dimension—his Tides of Time—HE CAN STILL BE SEEN; HE IS SIMPLY INTANGIBLE.
Vados herself told YOU that he can still be seen.

Guess when he can't been seen.
When he's skipping time.
I just tried to give some sense to the Time Stop stuff combined with the Skip :v

I just tried to give some sense to the Time Stop stuff combined with the Skip :v

Hit did show different abilities in his timeskip pre and post evolution

Initial timeskip (0.1 and 0.2sec)- limited time travel with action taken after the timeskip ends

At 0.5sec, it became unconventional time stop as he attacked during the time skipping until it ended , although they initially showed Goku as reacting to being hit, when it ended, Goku was literally in the same stance as when it started, that scene was an animation inconsistency. - unconventional time stop

When Goku went KKx10, he overcame the time stop and beat down hit until hit evolved again amd managed to dodge his finishing attack and then evolved again (red background) and overcame his resistance and landed a lot of hits on Goku, we see this same timeskip mechanism when he kills tjr mob boss but wktu the added advantage of selectively allowing tike flow for who he wants

So basic TS at 0.1 and 0.2 second - limited time travel
Basic TS at 0.5 second and up - unconventional time stop

Imo

Then post tournament was where he developed advanced time skip techniques like tides of time which has the pocket reality

In the ToP he basically mixed and matched these skills together

Initial timeskip (0.1 and 0.2sec)- limited time travel with action taken after the timeskip ends

At 0.5sec, it became unconventional time stop as he attacked during the time skipping until it ended , although they initially showed Goku as reacting to being hit, when it ended, Goku was literally in the same stance as when it started, that scene was an animation inconsistency. - unconventional time stop

When Goku went KKx10, he overcame the time stop and beat down hit until hit evolved again amd managed to dodge his finishing attack and then evolved again (red background) and overcame his resistance and landed a lot of hits on Goku, we see this same timeskip mechanism when he kills tjr mob boss but wktu the added advantage of selectively allowing tike flow for who he wants

Imo

Then post tournament was where he developed advanced time skip techniques like tides of time which has the pocket reality

While I'd be fine with scratching the Goku reacting to the TS as an animation inconsistency, I wouldn't call only the 0.5 as Time Stop, as the idea of it it's literally just the previous version but longer.

Imo

the 0.5 one is when Goku got a barrage of attacks on him and clearly reacted to and moved in it tho

the stance is different tho, although that is likely an animation thing Mmmm

regardless, i knew this, just showing to say that no matter what, Time Stop is contradicted.....and Time Travel is as well, so assigning only 1 of them for Hit's TS after a point doesn't work

thinking about it, if he is just Time Stopping there, Goku's reaction aside, then wouldn't his Body need to be in the position Hit left him after the barrage of attacks(as his body moves with each blow) rather than the stance from before Hit even attacked him?

Back