• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"Skipping isn't Stopping" Hit Time skip revision

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time Skip factually doesn't stop time​

firstly, Vados says that it isn't time stop, but time skip(aka time travel), Goku in the fight against Hit says that he is predicting what movements he will do in the future to counter attack, which only makes sense if it isn't time stop, as if it was him stopping Goku in time, he wouldn't be able to move his body to counter Hit's attacks, he would be able to see Goku Frozen mid attack and simply move to his other side where he isn't attacking, if it is really just time stopping, then the way Goku explained how he dealt with the Time Skip doesn't make sense, outside of the fact that we see Goku moving and reacting to the attacks mid Time Skip, which obviously wouldn't make sense if he was stopped in time

But what about [x] statement and [x] situation?​

now you may be wondering "But Hit cans stop time can't he?" the answer? yes, of course he can, but not with the Time Skip, statements and showing show that the Time Skip in specific just doesn't do that, the technique he used to stop time against the mobster and other times is never called Time Skip

but wait, isn't Time Skip said to stop time even as late as the ToP? and for that i go back to this scan that was used up above, yes, people in verse think that it is Time Stop.......but as Vados corrected Champa, they are simply wrong about it, Champa thought the same and Vados corrected him after all, so it shows that this is just a misconception of the common people in verse

So what did Goku do against Hit?​

This scene shows Goku moving alongside Hit freely and intercepting him Mid Time Skip, well we just defined that it can't be Time Stop and since you can't resist Time Travel, what is going on here? we have 2 options(Edited, now we have quite a few):

Option 1: Immeasurable Speed​

Since we defined that Time Skip is Hit skipping to the future, in this option Goku would be simply traveling alongside him to intercept him mid Skip

Agree: @Ryzen7900X @CaveGamist

Disagree:

Neutral:

Option 2: Immeasurable Speed, but outlier​

Option 1, but consider the Feat an outlier

Agree: @Chariot190 @Quantu @Fezzih_007 @RanHover60 @BoastJr @RedReaper @TheGreatBanana @The_Unknown_Warrior1 @Quintessence_PE @Shadyboi0 @Kroneii1 @KingTempest (Fine with either 2 or 4) @ProfectusInfinity

Disagree:

Neutral:

Option 3: Time Travel​

in this option, rather than giving Goku Immeasurable speed, we would give him Time Travel, where he would have traveled alongside Hit to intercept him in the middle of his own travel, justification would be something like "Time Travel (Intercepted Hit in the middle of his Time Skip)"

Agree:

Disagree:

Neutral:

Option 4: Analytical Prediction still​

Suggested by @CloverDragon03 in this option we would consider that scene as Goku simply becoming so good with his predictions that he can see through even Hit's developted Time Skip to counter him

Agree: @CloverDragon03 @Damage3245 (Fine with either option 4 or 5) @Nierre @KingTempest (Fine with either 2 or 4) @DarkDragonMedeus @Maverick_Zero_X (agrees with either 4 or 5)

Disagree
:

Neutral:

Option 5: Minor Time Manipulation Resistance​

Suggested by @The_Yellow_Topaz it suggests that it is still a resistance, but not to Time Stop since we defined that it isn't the case, suggested by Immeasurable being contradicted even in the very fight where the feat happened

Agree: @The_Yellow_Topaz @Damage3245 (Fine with either option 4 or 5) @Maverick_Zero_X (agrees with either 4 or 5)

Disagree
:

Neutral:

Last edited:
Do the two options seem a bit redundant to me?

Because in the case of, for example, the second option. Goku is traveling through time, but it's still through pure speed, isn't it? So it would still be immeasurable.

I'm gonna go with immeasurable speed since no one in the verse has been noted or stated to possess that ability outside of the Angels, plus it happened after a technique that literally just boosts your stats (including speed, although how a 10X boost grants him immeasurable speed is up to your imagination), so that conclusion is probably the most sensible

............UHHHHHHHHH, Early draft, fixed, thanks for noticing for me, i now will hide that behind 300$ Extra 1 time only DLC
That's only 50$ more then Escape from Tarkov's 250$ PVE mode, is omegabronic secretly a EFT developer!?

For option one, giving Goku Immesurable speed, wouldn't be a good idea to add Jiren as supporting evidence? AFAIK Jiren also moved during Hit's Time Skip and was given the infamous "transcending time" statement from Vados after he broke out of Hit's Cage of Time, so that could make the first option more credible if that was added

That's only 50$ more then Escape from Tarkov's 250$ PVE mode, is omegabronic secretly a EFT developer!?

For option one, giving Goku Immesurable speed, wouldn't be a good idea to add Jiren as supporting evidence? AFAIK Jiren also moved during Hit's Time Skip and was given the infamous "transcending time" statement from Vados after he broke out of Hit's Cage of Time, so that could make the first option more credible if that was added
Agree with this Jiren can be used as supporting evidence (both for option 1 and option 2, but option 1 is much more likely)

Yeah, I can see why it would be considered weird for Hit's Time Skip to be considered a time stop, but at the same time, when specifically going for the kill, it appears as though time freezes for everything around them except for Hit and the target.

Also, we gave a significantly weaker character's timebending ability time stop even though... Well, it's Guldo. It's a little harder to take his time-stopping seriously than it would be for Hit.

Do the two options seem a bit redundant to me?

Because in the case of, for example, the second option. Goku is traveling through time, but it's still through pure speed, isn't it? So it would still be immeasurable.
is it through sheer speed? well, we don't know, nothing on that is said, it could be either Goku developing the ability to time travel with his RE, or him getting so fast that he can time travel with pure speed, both are options, hence why i put both in the OP for consideration

:devilish:

you know, prob, i will include later when i find time

1 but shit's an outlier as concluded the last like 3 times we've done this.
Yeah, I can see why it would be considered weird for Hit's Time Skip to be considered a time stop, but at the same time, when specifically going for the kill, it appears as though time freezes for everything around them except for Hit and the target.

Also, we gave a significantly weaker character's timebending ability time stop even though... Well, it's Guldo. It's a little harder to take his time-stopping seriously than it would be for Hit.
Hit simply has both, Time skip, and Time Stop. He develops time stop after.

Goku cannot explicitly time travel so option 1 is more likely although its just too weird imo. He never ever used that "ability" or it was never noted anywhere else in the rest of the canon dragonball super anime.

The ToP antifeats can just be cinematic timing.

But again... its weird so I will hold my vote for now (not that it matters)

The ToP antifeats can just be cinematic timing.
What?
That isn't what cinematic timing is, and we know it isn't because the narrator makes note every episode, including episodes of nothing but fighting, upon which, said 48 min eventually concludes, aka, it actually did pass, as per the whole premise.

weirdly remember that line from the US Dub but not the Sub, oh well, i don't have time to double check now, will add later when i am able to do so, still thanks btw
I think that's better, since at least in our language it's subtitled or dubbed and there's no mention of forcing it into the future.

Yeah I’m going to have to go with the immeasurable but outlier option. Lots of cases where time is explicitly stated to be flowing in plot heavy moments. At the very least considering this is blatantly immeasurable, immeasurable dbs could be on the horizon if more supporting feats come.

Time Skip factually doesn't stop time​

firstly, Vados says that it isn't time stop, but time skip(aka time travel), Goku in the fight against Hit says that he is predicting what movements he will do in the future to counter attack, which only makes sense if it isn't time stop, as if it was him stopping Goku in time, he wouldn't be able to move his body to counter Hit's attacks, he would be able to see Goku Frozen mid attack and simply move to his other side where he isn't attacking, if it is really just time stopping, then the way Goku explained how he dealt with the Time Skip doesn't make sense, outside of the fact that we see Goku moving and reacting to the attacks mid Time Skip, which obviously wouldn't make sense if he was stopped in time

But what about [x] statement and [x] situation?​

now you may be wondering "But Hit cans stop time can't he?" the answer? yes, of course he can, but not with the Time Skip, statements and showing show that the Time Skip in specific just doesn't do that, the technique he used to stop time against the mobster and other times is never called Time Skip

but wait, isn't Time Skip said to stop time even as late as the ToP? and for that i go back to this scan that was used up above, yes, people in verse think that it is Time Stop.......but as Vados corrected Champa, they are simply wrong about it, Champa thought the same and Vados corrected him after all, so it shows that this is just a misconception of the common people in verse

So what did Goku do against Hit?​

This scene shows Goku moving alongside Hit freely and intercepting him Mid Time Skip, well we just defined that it can't be Time Stop and since you can't resist Time Travel, what is going on here? we have 2 options:

Option 1: Immeasurable Speed​

Since we defined that Time Skip is Hit skipping to the future, in this option Goku would be simply traveling alongside him to intercept him mid Skip

Agree: @Ryzen7900X

Disagree:

Neutral:

Option 2: Immeasurable Speed, but outlier​

Option 1, but consider the Feat an outlier

Agree: @Chariot190

Disagree
:

Neutral:

Option 3: Time Travel​

in this option, rather than giving Goku Immeasurable speed, we would give him Time Travel, where he would have traveled alongside Hit to intercept him in the middle of his own travel, justification would be something like "Time Travel (Intercepted Hit in the middle of his Time Skip)"

Agree:

Disagree:

Neutral:
So Goku had lost his resistance to stopping time, right? Since the justification is because of this Time-Skip thing and it will probably be considered atypical immeasurable speed.

So Goku had lost his resistance to stopping time, right? Since the justification is because of this Time-Skip thing and it will probably be considered atypical immeasurable speed.
He should keep it since Jiren resists actual time stop through raw power and Goku is at Jiren's level, at least with Ultra Instinct.

oh GOD, this is straight up confirmation of Time Travel, thanks a lot dude
weirdly remember that line from the US Dub but not the Sub, oh well, i don't have time to double check now, will add later when i am able to do so, still thanks btw
It’s not in the Sub. King Kai phrases it like Precognition, not Time Travel there. And it’s specifically in context to being different from Goku’s prior Analytical Prediction, so what I’m about to say isn’t that.

“Viewing events ahead,” specifically. I covered it in the Discussion Thread—You can probably find the quotes there.

yep

When this gets revised, there should probably be a note added Goku's profile, or the verse page, indicating that while this feat is accepted as Immeasurable, it's treated as an outlier because X.
sure

He should keep it since Jiren resists actual time stop through raw power and Goku is at Jiren's level, at least with Ultra Instinct.
iirc, someone tried that, since Jiren's would be layered because of the time skip, to scale it to goku, but it got rejected.........eh, don't feel like arguing either for or against it, someone can make a thread for it after this one if they want

It’s not in the Sub. King Kai phrases it like Precognition, not Time Travel there. And it’s specifically in context to being different from Goku’s prior Analytical Prediction, so what I’m about to say isn’t that.

“Viewing events ahead,” specifically. I covered it in the Discussion Thread—You can probably find the quotes there.
thank you my friend, will check

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back