• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puella Magi General Discussion IX: Renders would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
?

If you're gonna make a claim shouldn't you be the one to support it? And who do I ask?

But how do yet get beyond the stars = transcends space and time? Kinda a massive leap there no?

Not to mention that's a 4-D feat, not a 5-D one.

I believe that you'd need to take surface area into account, she shouldn't scale from the entire KE given that she's being sandwiched between two buildings.

Also recalculated Mami's feat, your radius scaling didn't account for the camera zooming out, so it's a bit higher.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Kaltias/Mami's_Tiro_Finale_(Recalced)

Btw Dodo, found you the sugar addiction inducement quote:

The Doppel of livelihood. Its form is a bird-catcher. Because the master of this emotion lives in reality, she'll take advantage of any power she can, including this physical-fusion-type Doppel. It can summon countless bird-like minions called "Sugar Geese" from its own shadow on the ground, and attack enemies with them. Any target that the Sugar Geese collide with will feel a sweet-tasting sensation, and even a single taste of this flavor will bring symptoms of addiction with it. Thanks to this trait, hitting an opponent with even a scant few geese can get them to permit a great deal of falsehoods. Since the Doppel transforms from its master's tongue and arms, she can't talk while she has it active.

Behold the most terrifying power in fiction

Edit: Actually, looks like Homura was hit by the building and ragdolled, in which case she wouldn't scale from the building's KE, but rather her own's.

I can calc that if you want but it's going to be 9-B/A

@Kal Ah I see, what if she took the hit in the air then? Going off Portable, that is what would happen if she hadn't been suprised by it last second.

About the ragdolling, was that before or after the first floor hit her? I thought it happened after the building had already crashed.

Also neat on the Mami recalc, but didn't you guys agree it doesn't scale to her convential AP?

It would be the same, only way it woud be a decent feat would be if she didn't move, this way we'd use surface area, which would still reduce the result by a lot, but not nearly as much.

I always thought the ragdolling happening afterwards was due to cinematic timing, doesn't really make sense for Homura to be sent flying several seconds after the skyscraper hit her.

I dunno, i remember debating it but i don't remember the consensus

@Kal Ah alright, by any chance you have any examples of calcs that involve surface area then? I don't have much experience with that so I would like to see how others did them.

I mean, I would make an argument that just because she tanked the first floor doesn't mean she'd be able to tank the dozens afterwards hence the delay. not to mention most of the building gets destroyed in the collision, if she got ragdolled immediately during the hit she would have landed on the roof not inside several destroyed floors.

Everyone except me agreed it shouldn't scale. I could bring up my arguments if you want, but I'd rather not type your guys' (In case I misunderstood or misremember them).

I have one for an explosion if that's alright. In general doing a surface area calc simply means that energy tanked = Total energy x surface of the body of whoever is being hit :

I guess that makes sense, although it doesn't change the fact that being ragdolled prevent us from scaling her from the KE of the building itself, and we need to use her KE, which would be tier 9.

I see, I think i'm starting to remember it yeah. I suppose her normal AP would be whatever the other thread agrees on

Yeah that'll work I think.

Well shoot. Guess I'll check if she gets ragdolled in Portable then.

I can probably continue making an argument against that if you guys have the time. What would convince you guys that it isn't astronomically above her normal attacks?

Rumors have. Then again they have resistance to stuff like that. I could try reading Another Story to see any other occurances.

We only see the attack in anime form once, every other time is in gameplay. The only thing I can say is that Walpurgis can tank it. Sadly not much else unless we go by the skill tree again / the verse tiering system doesn't show her stronger with solely one attack.

What was the counterargument against that again?

Are we sure that the towering doesn't simply have a higher or lower degree of strength?

Kinda like how the AP tiering is on this site

It's possible, but like I said previously, I doubt the gap would that extreme without evidence.

Not to mention there isnt evidence that even suggests Bombardment is >>>> anyways, espically since its considered = Unlimited Magic Bullet Works

So I reread Homura's Revenge and the Madoka manga as well as the Rebellion manga a few minutes ago...

... How exactly do we treat them in the canon overall? I ask because I found some interesting things, particularily in how Magia Record and Portable have some attacks from Homura's Revenge and how the others manga basically explain a lot more of the stuff that happens. From what I can tell, the latter two are based on the original scripts, making them sound more like secondary canon to me.

Pretty sure that Homura's Revenge falls under "time loop gone wrong" so it's canon.

No clue about the rest

Well then, that is probably useful for the skyscraper calc. Kyoko gets dunked on by the skyscraper but is unaffected, Homura gets stomped on by the building and this time neither ragdolling or the building collapsing happens...

...Only, according to Madoka she is on the verge of death. Not sure if its scalable. Though I guess an argument could be made that it could also be partly due to shadowy magical girls attacking her at the same time, and that Madoka wouldn't really know if Homura was dying or not (She was on top of another building atm)

Oh, and do you have the explosion calc?

EDIT: Didn't know Multiple Personalities was a profile here, gonna have to add that to the doppel witches.

Wow I have no idea what I just read.

Imma just do "energy tanked = Total energy x surface of the body"

Btw, how exact does it have to be? Like do I need to go out of my way to remove the space between Homura's legs and add her arms, or can I just do a rectangle and done?

@Vel

I used literally the only surface area calc I ever made lol

@SD

It would be "Energy tanked = Total energy x surface area of the body : surface area of the skyscraper's side"

Dunno exactly how to calc surface area of humans though

":" meaning divided?

Well I guess even if Homura doesn't scale to the direct AP, at least Homura's Revenge Kyoko gets a cool feat :/

Actually, that reminds me that I still haven't found if its possible for a storm to be on top of the supercell from Walpurgis...

Which would also revise Madoka's feat, wouldn't it?

Yes.

Noice I guess.

I'm not really sure how a storm is supposed to be "on top" of a supercell tbh

Well RIP that defining Homura's durability.

Hmm, would perhaps using the nearest type of cloud be a good lowball?

I remember there being more things to calculate, just don't remember what exactly.

I checked the calc and I think you misunderstood a bit what I meant, Kyoko wasn't ragdolled so you should use surface area (As Kyoko tanks in full the portion of the KE hitting her), for a person that was ragdolled (Homura) we'd use Homura's KE, not the building's.

The only way to scale from the full KE would be -> Building hits a magical girl in the air -> She's unfazed

Also idk exactly what clouds are around if there is a supercell tbh, pretty sure that it just sorts of eat the others.

In Homura's Revenge, Homura wasn't ragdolled at all tho, I already mentioned that above. That said, I've only found mention of surface area being used in explosion calcs according to the calc page.

Yeah, I already mentioned that's what happened to Kyoko.

Time for a google search I guess then.

I mean, surface area is just a way to calc how much energy dispersed across a big surface hits something small. Essentially, it's hitting both the terrain and the magical girl at once, and you need to find out what hits the latter, not the total energy

Oh, alright then.

I seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Anyways, Homura's side of the calc is 8-B and Kyoko's is 7-C atm. That will probably change once I find something to remove the storm lowball, or perhaps find a way to get a better grasp of the amount of storeys the building actually has (And thus affect its mass). But I think I'll take a break from calcing today.

I'll probably begin working on updating Kirika's profile and then finally make a Yuma one.

Also Madoka might be getting Body Puppetry and Mami Tomoe is probably getting Statistics Reduction (Speed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back