• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So what are the conclusions here, and what needs to be done?

Antvasima said:
So what are the conclusions here, and what needs to be done?
The ability additions for Gellert and the changes to the durability of Protego on the top tiers have been finished, I believe mid-tiers are being discussed in the 9-A range at the moment. Spino seemed to have participated in that discussion more than me so I'll let them sum it up.

If we split the 1.4 ton again since Hermione, Luna and Ginny fought Bellatrix that's 467 kg of TNT, or Building level for the low-mid tiers. Mid-tiers like Sirius, Lupin or Dolohov should be capable of taking down werewolves, so I guess that's at least 9-A.

So "At least Wall level, possibly Building level for the low-mid tiers.

"At least Small Building level, possibly Building level for the mid-tiers.

"At least Small Building level, possibly Building level+ for the high-mid tiers.

And if some random bounty hunter has an High 8-C to 8-B shield, the mid-high tiers should have it too. Considering Bellatrix did manage to block a spell by Dumbledore that easily took down other Death Eaters.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan said:
And if some random bounty hunter has an High 8-C to 8-B shield, the mid-high tiers should have it too.
Uh, I can get Building level+, but High 8-C/8-B doesn't make sense for mid-tiers as those feats are from the top-tiers of the verse. I mainly used that scene to show that protego for Dumbledore should have that dura, clearly it's an outlier for anyone but the top tiers of the verse.

But it is consistent with Moody making wards in Grimmauld Place that Voldemort couldn't penetrate, Bellatrix blocking Dumbledore's attack, Newt blocking lightning from Grindelwald (though this one's 8-C+) and Rowling saying Snape could have blocked Voldemort's spell to save his life if he was willing.

If we split the 1.4 ton again since Hermione, Luna and Ginny fought Bellatrix that's 467 kg of TNT, or Building level for the low-mid tiers. Mid-tiers like Sirius, Lupin or Dolohov should be capable of taking down werewolves, so I guess that's at least 9-A.

So "At least Wall level, possibly Building level for the low-mid tiers.

"At least Small Building level, possibly Building level for the mid-tiers.

"At least Small Building level, possibly Building level+ for the high-mid tiers.
Mostly these changes.

It is probably best if Dargoo evaluates this. He seems better informed than me about it.

Well, no one from the trio that faced Voldemort (Minerva McGonagall, Kingsley Shacklebolt and Horace Slughorn) has a profile yet (which is a shame). But anyways.

• Minerva McGonagall: "At least Small Building level, possibly Building level+" (Helped Horace Slughorn and Kingsley Shacklebolt fighting against Voldemort, providing one third of the power needed to match him.)
    • The same applies to the other two.

• Bellatrix Lestrange: Shall be upgraded to "At least Small Building level, possibly Building level+" (Was Voldemort's most powerful servant, and the last Death Eater standing in the Battle of Hogwarts. Defeated Kingsley Shacklebolt in open combat. Overpowered and killed Sirius Black. Killed Nymphadora Tonks. Fought against the combined might of Hermione Granger, Luna Lovegood and Ginny Weasley, and would have eventually overpowered them)

• Hermione Granger: Shall be upgraded to "At least Wall level, possibly Building level" (Helped Luna Lovegood and Ginny Weasley fighting against Bellatrix Lestrange)
    • The same applies for the other two.

• Harry Potter and Ron Weasley: Shall be upgraded to "At least Wall level, possibly Building level" (Comparable to Hermione Granger)

• Molly Weasley: Shall be upgraded to "At least Small Building level, possibly Building level+" (Fought, defeated and killed Bellatrix Lestrange)

• Remus Lupi: Shall be upgraded in the human key to "At least Small Building level, possibly Building level" (Should be at least comparable to his father, Lyall Lupin, who could defeat werevolves in open combat. Superior to the likes of Harry Potter and Hermione Granger)

• Severus Snape: Shall be upgraded to "At least Small Building level, possibly Building level+" (Countered Voldemort's spell when the latter was trying to kill Harry Potter. Knew magic powerful enough to slow the effects of Voldemort's curse on Dumbledore, and was sufficiently powerful to create spell of his own even as a child. Stalemated Minerva McGonagall while holding back and briefly contended with the combined might of McGonagall, Flitwick, Sprout and Slughorn, even though he ended up having to pull a tactical retreat)

Also I suppose Rubeus Hagrid should be plain 9-A all things considered. Also also, Delphini's and Newt Scamander's profiles are bad.

The Archdemon said:
But it is consistent with Moody making wards in Grimmauld Place that Voldemort couldn't penetrate, Bellatrix blocking Dumbledore's attack, Newt blocking lightning from Grindelwald (though this one's 8-C+) and Rowling saying Snape could have blocked Voldemort's spell to save his life if he was willing.
Moody, Bellatrix, and especially Newt being on-par with Voldemort and Dumbledore in terms of their destructive potential makes no sense.

Considering Voldemort broke through a barrier over the entire school of Hogwarts later I'm sure that's PIS.

Dumbledore probably wasn't trying to kill her at the moment or cause mass destruction.

Blocking lightning isn't really a 8-C+ feat as lightning disperses on its own when obstructed. You'd need to produce, absorb, or dissipate the bolt entirely.

IDK how reliable Rowling is on WoG but that would be an Outlier/PIS regardless considering the point above.

Deffensive magic has already shown to be usually more powerful than offensive magic.

And Voldemort destroying Hogwarts barrier was done with his ultimate maximum + Elder Wand. He's shown breathing heavily after that.

@Dargoo

So what do you think that we should do here?

And would Newt scale to the Lupin-level characters or the Snape-level characters?
Newt got Order of Merlin, Second Class, and should definetely scale to Lupin and the likes. Now, Snape-level, rather questionable. Remember Snape was just below Voldemort and Dumbledore and was respected and referred to by both of them.

I suppose putting him around Lupin, Lucius and Black will be just fine.

If not, most of Harry's fights would be PIS.

From my memory, most of Harry's fights ARE PIS. He only barely manages to hold Voldemort off due to his wand being the twin of Voldemort and beats him later only because Harry was the true owner of the Elder Wand.

Him being comparable to Voldemort in any respect makes no sense.

I will comment on the rest of the points later, however I still insist that scaling mid tier people to the strongest Wizards of the time is silly.

Why is Delphini still 10-B? And she would probably be 9-A to 8-B (overpowered Harry).

And would Newt scale to the Lupin-level characters or the Snape-level characters?

Anybody but Volde, Dumbledore, Gellert, and Credence and other massively powerful Wizards being anywhere near 8-B makes no sense in the first place.

Now that I think of it, yeah, Harry has plot armor and such. Also, his phoenix-feather wand could react on itself (I suppose that counts as Instinctive Reaction?) and protected him numerous times so, yeah, you might me right.

I'm talking about the 8-C+ rating though. I'm willing to entertain 9-A as Seamus exploding rooms was a thing in the books from what I remember, but even relatively skilled Wizards shouldn't be approaching the 8-C to High 8-C range.

Using Voldemort as a basis for scaling as opposed to more direct feats of magic will be very shaky. I'm sure there's plenty of feats to sift though that would make a stronger foundation for the tiers you provided, although I'd be skeptical of anything approaching Tier 8.

Double goes for physical tiers, I already feel like 9-B striking strength for Wizards is a stretch.

I trust Dargoo's sense of judgement regarding this.

Dargoo Faust said:
I'm talking about the 8-C+ rating though. I'm willing to entertain 9-A as Seamus exploding rooms was a thing in the books from what I remember, but even relatively skilled Wizards shouldn't be approaching the 8-C to High 8-C range.

Using Voldemort as a basis for scaling as opposed to more direct feats of magic will be very shaky. I'm sure there's plenty of feats to sift though that would make a stronger foundation for the tiers you provided, although I'd be skeptical of anything approaching Tier 8.

Double goes for physical tiers, I already feel like 9-B striking strength for Wizards is a stretch.
That is why it is "possibly".

But I don't. You see, he's just not making sense at all. Saying "even relatively skilled wizards shouldn't approach Tier 8" isn't a thing. Besides, "relatively skilled wizards" are Lupin and the likes. Snape, McGonagall and Shacklebolt are extremely skilled wizards.

And even thoug, it took a ******* trio of the greatest wizards of the time to match Voldemort, and this is a pretty solid feat. The fight was a complete stalemate.

Having the top tiers of the verse not being able to simply touch the god tiers (I prefer calling Dumbledore, Voldemort, Grindelwal and Credence god tiers rather than top) simply makes no sense at all when regarding the events of the Potterverse and just because the tier comes from scalling it doesn't mean it is any less valid than if any of the involved could summon a bolt of lightning or something. and I'm pretty sure the Baubillious spell of Flitwick summons lightning btw.

But, if Dargoo actually wants feats, I don't actually think we have Bellatrix's shockwave calced.

Also, I do remember Fenrir Greyback and two other Death Eaters were capable of bringing down a large bridge.

But anyway, the scalling is legit.

I suppose that The Archdemon seems to make sense. What do you think Dargoo?

Back