• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
So first of all, a big spoiler warning to everyone not having seen the new Fantastic Beasts Movie.

To make this short: -Grindelwald would have burned the entirety of Paris down to the ground with his Fiendfyre. Which, you know, might be a lot higher than what he is Ranked as right now.

-Credence himself also plain easily, with his first spell ever, blasting apart a considerably large mountainside.

-Also, Accio seemingly now works on living things, as shown by Newt and the Niffler.

Credence's feat deffinitely needs to be calced, but I'm not sure if Grindelwald's is usable since it probably would have been a gradual destruction.

There is the elder wand making a storm over an Island in the movies but I'm still not sure what we use for profiles.

The movies are secondary canon, probably.

For Grindelwald's feat, should we just calc it base on 1. the size and 2. the fact that it's hot enough to completely incinerate human in split second ? It should yield some decent result so he's doesn't need power scaling from Dumbledore anymore.

Credence's feat is pretty clear cut.

Also where does Credence sit in power tier. Whom do you guys think his feats can be scale to ?

Hmm, alright. Maybe try and make a calc, post it on this thread, if it's all good post it in a blog.

If it scales to Voldemort it scales to Harry Potter thought. HP was able to block Voldemort's spells in the Battle of Hogwarts.

Tbh, Fantastic Beasts upturns Power really hard in HP. Dumbledore is able to just fill a City with Mist, Grindelwald can now summon lightning and mountains get blasted apart.

FB should count as a primary canon thought since there is no other source for it. Especially since it was actually written by Rowling.

I mean, again we already had that storm feat so

Yeeten

I mean we will most likely change what we decide now once the series is over IMO. But anyway the mountain blast feat should be calced.

Don't forget Dumbledore casually making an entire city covered with fog.

I'll try and calc the mountain-bust feat.

"If it scales to Voldemort it scales to Harry Potter thought. HP was able to block Voldemort's spells in the Battle of Hogwarts."

It does not. Voldemort was weakened thanks to the Elder Wand rejecting him in favor of Harry, its true master.

Yeah, Harry doesn't scale to Voldemort by any metric. Every time they clash and snake-boi is defeated is because of a plot device.

DMUA said:
There is the elder wand making a storm over an Island in the movies but I'm still not sure what we use for profiles.
That's not even what happened on that scene. He just lighted up the clouds above the (extremely tiny) island. He didn't make a storm; those are likely not even average strato clouds considering you can scale them to be below 100m above the treeline, and the feat itself would only be 9-A+ at best.

> To make this short: -Grindelwald would have burned the entirety of Paris down to the ground with his Fiendfyre. Which, you know, might be a lot higher than what he is Ranked as right now.

Fiendfyre is not normal fire and is not applicable AP. It self-replicates and spreads at a rate vastly superior to that of normal fire, hence its status as a cursed, forbidden flame. It is even described as tangible when it's first used. Basically a semi-form of hax.

> Credence himself also plain easily, with his first spell ever, blasting apart a considerably large mountainside

Sounds like a massive outlier, considering HP's best unambigous feats cap at building to large building, and even then I believe we're relatively generous. But I'd like to see the feat anyway.

Kepekley23 said:
> To make this short: -Grindelwald would have burned the entirety of Paris down to the ground with his Fiendfyre. Which, you know, might be a lot higher than what he is Ranked as right now.Fiendfyre is not normal fire and is not applicable AP. It self-replicates and spreads at a rate vastly superior to that of normal fire, hence its status as a cursed, forbidden flame. It is even described as tangible when it's first used. Basically a semi-form of hax.
But the fires that were made to counter it by Newt and the Aurors don't count as AP? They weren't using Fiendfyre, I beleive it was just regular flames. And if it took that much force from that many wizards to just keep it back, could it at least scale to whatever flames were produced to fight it?

I feel like Credence's feat is pretty applicable since we have a number of storm feats in the same movie, such as Dumbledore causing a city to get covered in mist.

Yeah, I don't think Fiendfyre should get high into 8 or hit 7, but I think it can still be calced as a feat by using the fires that were cast to counter it.

Also, shouldn't Gellert/Dumbledore scale to their AP with sheilds? They should be perfectly capable of blocking attacks from eachother.

Heck, even a random Ministry dude could block attacks from Credence prior to him receiving a wand, and he could go to town on entire buildings while in his weird amourphous form. Gellert even took a direct hit from Credence's amourphous form.

We definitely should not. No matter what, the "C is a D" is not even confirmed yet. Grindelwald might just have been bullshitting. He does, however, need a damn page here. He might just be in the Top Ranks of the Potterverse, with his Obscurus and Powerful Magic.

In all seriousness, though:

The large gulf in power has always been a important plotpoint in HP, where noone besides Dumbles could fight Voldemort. Now it is that noone besides Dumbledore can fight Grindelwald, who is at least 20 times stronger than the average wizard. Considering that they, with normal magic, can basically fire grenade shells...

Tbh, for me, this rise in Tier was long overdue for the franchise. It just makes no sense for people like wizards to actually have lesser AP than your average muggle army. HP has shown that they can easily create Life and even Complex Machinery. Then not being capable of making things/spells on par with bombs makes no sense.

Heilergott said:
He does, however, need a damn page here. He might just be in the Top Ranks of the Potterverse, with his Obscurus and Powerful Magic.
There's no might about it. Grindelwald pretty clearly says Credence is the only person other than himself who can kill Dumbledore.

Haven't watched the movie but theirs an essay on Pottermore that describes a wizard creating the island that Azkaban is on. Could be a supporting feat.

I wouldn't be so quick to call the feat an outlier, personally.

Darkanine said:
Haven't watched the movie but theirs an essay on Pottermore that describes a wizard creating the island that Azkaban is on. Could be a supporting feat.
I wouldn't be so quick to call the feat an outlier, personally.
How big is that island and what was the timeframe. Also did they create it from scratch or pull off an Avatar Kyoshi?

An "Avatar Kyoshi" would be even more impressive than making the Island. Askaban is far beyond the coast of England. Erkrizdis is specifically written as the Creator of the Island. And AzkaIsland is at least big enough for something akin to a Skyscraper, a small harbor and a graveyard large enough to fit a couple hundred people.

Some feats:

• Gellert vaporizing/disintegrating wizards.
  • Dumbledore making a city foggy.
  • Credence busting hills better than Weekly
Some editions for Gellert from pure memory:

• We should specify his precog was good enough to know about some pretty specific details about World War 2 such as the invention of the Atom Bomb, fighter planes/tanks, and a pretty detailed battle scene.
  • Fiendfyre, which I'd go as far to call Hellfire Manip because it looks like it ignores dura (According to Kep, at least), and spreads rapidly. Fire Manip at the very, very least.
  • What appears to be a weird form of teleportation where he swaps bodies with someone.
  • We should expand on his intelligence in regards to his charisma and foresight, although the latter could be blamed on precog. It seems like he fully expected the aurors to kill one of his people and planned accordingly.
  • Gellert should honestly directly scale to Albus and Voldemort, as he is the rightful owner of the Elder Wand at the time.
  • We might need a new reaction speed calc. Gellert was able to hit two aurors mid-apparition with his fires, which is a potent feat to say the least given how fast you can apparate to another location.
  • Gellert was able to make himself invisible.
  • I think I remember him causing a shockwave, but I might be wrong.

Back