• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm interested to see how that works against other verses with soulhax, iirc.

Kepekley23 said:
The Dementors's soul removal is very gradual and clearly shows people getting weakened just by having bits of their soul removed, so it follows that having their soul removed outright would kill them.
A Dementor's kiss outright removes the soul.

Promestein said:
I dunno if Avada Kedavra just strips your soul from your body. If it did that, there'd have been a comparison to Dementors. It did rip Voldemort's soul from his body when it backfired, but that was likely just because of his Horcruxes interfering with the process.
Best description for it is 'cessation of body functions' and apart from people messing around with their soul (aka Voldemort), everyone's soul we've seen has been undamaged (James, Lily, Dumbledore, Lupin, Sirius, Harry) when hit by it. The first time Voldemort uses it on baby Harry it's pretty clear that because of his Hocruxes, Lily's magical protection and further soul tearing due to the murders of Harry's parents is what causes another piece of his soul to separate to Harry and turns him into a weak spirit parasite.

sooo

C1
so the fireball is 365/176=2,07386364 times the forehead
C2
so that mountain's side is 269/13=20,6923077 times the fireball
Code:
now unless that actor has a real big face I assume that the fireball got bigger over time, so we'll have to find an alternative method

Maybe you could scale to distance of fireball traveled and then scale it up? We see the Fireball compared to Nurmengard, after all. Maybe a low end with Nurmengard the size of a house and high end size of a keep?

I also do not think that the mountainside feat was an outlier, just a new intentional standard from the author.

I would appreciate if somebody could calculate it.

Heilergott said:
Maybe you could scale to distance of fireball traveled and then scale it up? We see the Fireball compared to Nurmengard, after all. Maybe a low end with Nurmengard the size of a house and high end size of a keep?
I think we should ask a calc group member for that job

Okay. Thank you for the help. You can ask here for an evaluation: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/2516175

So this wouldn't actually upgrade anyone? Dissapointing.

At least it's low end can be a good supporting feat and it's high end can confirm the 8-B rating we already have for the top tiers.

Also

Dumbledore's and Voldemort's Protego/Sheilding spells should scale to their AP. Besides being able to block attacks from each other, some random bounty hunter was able to block attacks from a bloodlusted Obscurus-form Credence. Seeing as Volde and Dumbledore are the greatest wizards of their time, they should at the very least have High 8-C dura with Protego.

Hellbeast1 said:
Protege buffs Dunbledore and Voldemort's durability to about 8-B
Possibly 8-B

But yeah, if some random bounty hunter can block attacks from Credence with Protego Albus, Voldemore, and Gellert should be far higher than that.

Since I think that calculation has been accepted, which characters need to have their pages updated?

Possibly 8-B

But yeah, if some random bounty hunter can block attacks from Credence with Protego Albus, Voldemore, and Gellert should be far higher than that.

Bellatrix Lestrange did block an attack by Dumbledore.

Is it only me or the Potterverse's current tiering and scalling is somehow misdone?

My point
I mean, all characters are 9-B. All characters.

While we do have the "god tiers" like Dumbledore, Voldemort and Grindelwald at Tier 8, it simply makes no sense for the top tiers to be barely 9-B. The gap is just too big.

You know, Minerva McGonagall, Kingsley Shacklebolt and Horace Slughorn fought Voldemort and pushed him to a stalemate. OK, there are three top tier mages fighting one god tier, but if you tell me three 9-B = one High 8-C, things are getting a little strange here.

And you honestly cannot tell me Voldemort was not at full power, either. He had the Elder Wand in his possession, and it is not in-character for Voldemort to hold back. Also, two seconds before that fight, he was described by narration as "striking and smiting all within reach". I suppose my point is obvious now.

Many of the top tiers have higher tier feats. E.g, Newt fighting (most blocking than attacking but you got me) Grindelwald.

Now now, put down the fork, I do realize he was not at full power, did not have the Elder Wand and was hiding. Still, he was seen throwing cars with wandless magic and single handedly defeating several aurors who turned against him.

Also, visual effects implicate he was using lightning against Newt (and we can most likely prove it was lightning because: 1, Grindelwald was shown to be able to summon natural CTC lightning and 2, the spell clearly showed to be able to conduct through materials, a good example being metal (Grindelwald literally attacked the rails beneath Newt and Scamander was sent flying backwards).

Newt could also block Grindelwald's "Fiendfyre", which simply lol phased through aurors' shields and vaporized them mid-apparition. He also helped undoing Grindelwald's spell.

We have also got the day when Bellatrix blocked that spell from Dumbledore and. Even though he was most likely not using his full power against her, he made short work of every single Death Eater in the Battle of the Department of Mysteries with that same spell. Bellatrix also overpowered Shacklebolt and Sirius that day (albeit not at the same time). Remember, please, that Shacklebolt also fought Voldemort (return to the beginning of this block of text if you have already forgotten).

She also fought Hermione, Luna and Ginny at the same time.

Another blatant example of higher tier feats is Snape stalemating McGonagall while holding back. They were equally matched and Snape wasn't even trying at all. He only flees because Filius Flitwick (whose power exceed that of strong Death Eater, dwarf both Lupin and Tonks and most likely equal that of Belatrix) and another teacher (I believe it was Sprout) arrive and even the he would most likely not lose, but would have need of using his full power (which would end up killing the teachers, and he was obviously trying to avoid that).

Snape also countered Voldemort's/Quirrel's spell when the latter was trying to kill Harry, knew magic powerful enough to slow the effects of Voldemort's curse on Dumbledore, was skilled enough in magic to be both Dumbledore's and Voldemort's most trusted adviser.

There is also the whole Crabble destroying the Room of Requirement thing (which seemingly cannot be used because "lol cursed fire"). Also, any sufficiently good third year can cast Glacius, a spell that freezes other wizards. Freezing a human is already 9-A.

Remus Lupi's werewolf form is 9-A, which is classified by the Ministry of Magic as a XXXXX (known wizard killer/impossible to train or domesticate). Even though, strong wizards can still match werewolfs, as we see when Lyall Lupin (Lupin's father) defeats Fenrir Greyback (the werewolf who transformed Lupin) and drives him off with powerful spells.

There's also the scene when Snape blocks and survives an attack by Werewolf Lupin to protect the trio (film only I think).

OBS: Newt Scamander is already 9-A for some reason. Funny how he's, alone, already superior to most likely anyone else, like Bellatrix, Minerva and even Snape himself.

TL; DR
I'm pointing out several mistakes in HP's profiles, showing some feats that would most likely upgrade a significant amount of characters (if not all of them tbh)

Wormtail's feat of blowing up a street isn't scalable to anyone in the verse considering he did it by exploding his own wand, which means he unleashed all of its magical capacity at once

Also, Bellatrix's feat of blocking a spell from Dumbledore was likely because the spell was a spread-out, blanket spell which was aimed at several people at once. Only a portion of the spell's power reached her. Which is why he effortlessly incapacitates her with a single spell right after.

Back