• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Well Fiendfyre does negate Regen in it's own way: Wounds made by it cannot be healed and damage not be repaired. Standart requirement for anything to be able to destroy a Horcrux. It can also destroy indestructible things and stuff.

Don't you just have to destroy the object to destroy the soul part of the horcrux without actually needing to be able to harm souls?

Basalisks don't have soulhax because their teeth can destroy horcruxes. Unless it was outright stated the fires were destroying the soul itself, I doubt it does that.

No. From what I remember the fire was said to destroy the horcruxes, just like Gryffindor's sword or Basilisk's teeth.

Destroying the horcrux also destroys the soul inside. That's why Voldemort aches when it happens. The pieces of his soul are being destroyed.

Avada Kedavra seems to directly target the soul, considering it destroyed the piece of soul inside Voldy.

The Archdemon said:
Destroying the horcrux also destroys the soul inside. That's why Voldemort aches when it happens. The pieces of his soul are being destroyed.
Yes, destruction of the horcrux results in destruction of said piece of soul. Doesn't mean Gryffindor's sword, Basilisk's poison or Fiendfyre can directly destroy souls.

I'm against saying the Killing Curse destroys souls.

For one, Harry is able to have an at-length conversation with the ghosts of his mother, father, and Dumbledore.

Maybe is just severs the soul from the body?

Now that I remember, the piece of Voldemort's soul that was inside his body wasn't destroyed, but sent to a void.

That train station where Dumbledore appears, you know?

@Dargoo, I suppose it makes sense

Dargoo Faust said:
"What appears to be a weird form of teleportation where he swaps bodies with someone. "
I don't think that was teleportation. Watching the scene again it looks more like transfiguration or perhaps a polyjuice potion. They did mention that Gellert had been persuasive with his previous guards and they had to switch them out three times already because of it, so its possible that him and his follower made the switch during this time.

Actually...looking back at the movie it looks like the guard he got right before he was to be transfered is the same man who he switched bodies with.

I wonder what AP lightning has. Grindelwald could summon them like candy.

As to JK Rownlings statements: be very very wary when using them. A good half of them are bs.

Heilergott said:
I wonder what AP lightning has. Grindelwald could summon them like candy.
Lightning is 8-C+ from what I remember.

The best feats in the movie are Dumbledore's Fog feat and Credence's hill-busting feat.

So, I think we have a good idea on additions of Gellert.

Right now the only thing I need is a clip of Credence's feat and once we get that out of the way we can get into power consistency and scaling.

The Archdemon said:
And Grindelwald's Fiendfyre
It's actually not nearly the same scale, as far as we know that would have been a gradual destruction of the city and from what we'vve seen it do I doubt it's nearly as impressive as those other 2 feats.

It incinerates wizards though, who are 9-B...

And can kill them mid-apparition, which is definitely something.

Also, it required the comboined power of five powerful wizards in order to contain it. The clash between Grindelwald's Fiendfyre and the wizards spell could be calced, I think.

It kinda remembered me of Azula lol.

The Archdemon said:
It incinerates wizards though, who are 9-B...
And can kill them mid-apparition, which is definitely something.

Also, it required the power of five powerful wizards in order to contain it. The clash between Grindelwald's Fiendfyre and the wizards spell could be calced, I think.

It kinda remembered me of Azula lol.
I guess it could be a decent speed feat but as far as AP it's nothing ground breaking.

Note: One of these wizards was a 600 year old immortal skilled enough to teach Dumbledore. Just FYI. Also, 3 highly trained aurors.

Fiendfyre also holepunched through Aurors Shield Charms like it was nothing.

Also, can someone explain to me how this gradual thing works?

Yeah, sure, the Fiendfyre would have taken hours to burn down paris, but in the end it would still have been a giant Fire as big as a City, or?

I dunno if Avada Kedavra just strips your soul from your body. If it did that, there'd have been a comparison to Dementors. It did rip Voldemort's soul from his body when it backfired, but that was likely just because of his Horcruxes interfering with the process.

Just watched the film. The feat in the end wasn't the destruction of a mountain, but a decent chunk of it was shattered.

Probably high end Tier 8 in the end. Worth calcing once decent quality versions of the film hit online.

Dementors remove your soul, though, which isn't lethal (but very nasty). Avada Kedavra kills.

They don't literally remove the soul, or else that'd kill people instantly.

It's more like they slowly remove bits of it.

Removing the soul - which is what they do, having been made repeatedly clear - is clearly not lethal if people are left physically alive afterwards. Their body is completely fine, but after Avada Kedavra, all bodily functions stop. The speed of the soul removal doesn't matter. Losing your soul just doesn't kill your body in Harry Potter.

And I know that, but Voldemort's a special case thanks to Horcruxes, and I'm not saying there's no soul affecting component there. It obviously affects the soul on some level; I said it doesn't just remove the soul at least.

> Removing the soul - which is what they do, having been made repeatedly clear - is clearly not lethal if people are left physically alive afterwards.

The Dementors's soul removal is very gradual and clearly shows people getting weakened just by having bits of their soul removed, so it follows that having their soul removed outright would kill them.

I'm inclined to disagree. You'll die regardless of whether your heart is slowly removed bit by bit or ripped out all at once. It'd just take more time in one case. If the body is left functional after the soul is removed, gradually or not, outright soul removal should have the same effects.

It's not like it matters, again. I'm just saying there's more to Avada Kedavra than just soul removal.

Barty Crouch Jr is proof that soul removal via Dementor's Kiss isn't death, just turning him into a vegetable. Even Hermione points out in Deathky Hallows how the death of the body does nothing to the soul, unlike a Hocrux.

Back