• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pirate's Rise • RP Thread

"I was planning to go along from the start, 'Captain'." She said sarcastically, "So long as I get to where I wanna be, I'll take any risks necessary..."

She clearly didn't care about the crew name so she didn't comment on it.

"The Piece of the World has no legal owner to my knowledge and it would be good for me to get stuff for my collection, I am in." Finn says.

Miles had an internal debate, if he should or not, he always wanted a great adventure but he didn't know if this was too far.

"I guess if we don't die trying, I'd like my name to be in the history books" said the elf

"…." Roman thought for a moment. The offer was insane. He knew it was. Take a Piece of the World? When so many others had failed? He ought to laugh in the man's face. And yet....maybe this is what he was looking for. The greatness that he had dreamed of!

"...A Piece of the World...huh..." He muttered

"Your crazy, captain…" Roman sighed..

"...But... I'm in. For now, anyway." He said, shrugging a bit.

".... Don't really care about the name though, as long as it's catchy...."

Magnus's eyes lit up even more then they did before, he smiled, but said nothing, after all, what was there to say? He began leading his crew to the shipbuilder of the town to get a ship made for them, but then..

"Renegade Pirate's it is I suppose!" Magnus said, his voice filled with happiness at them all agreeing

"Oh like you couldn't believe, but my heart was always on the sea, it's why I sought out training and such before "ditching" the household so to speak." Magnus responded as he walked into the shipbuilder's shop

"Hey, I'd like a fairly large ship able to be manned by five people, preferably made of the sturdiest wood you have." Magnus said, putting a large bag of coins on the table

"Precisely how big?" The shipbuilder asked, a very clearly hefty man with a ton of muscle

"Big enough to house at least ten people, how much would that be in Platinum Doubloons?" Magnus asked

"Fifty for a ship of that size." The Shipbuilder replied, to which Magnus pulled out sixty platinum doubloons, but kept ten on hand

"Let's work together on this, for rooms and whatnot." Magnus suggested

"Very well." The shipbuilder replied, taking the fifty and going to the back of his shop outside of the Crew's view, the sound of wood bumping together sounding off

"....that's a lot of money you got there, you must be very loaded." Says Drake as he saw the amount of money Magnus have.

"You must be from an influencial family." Says Drake.

like me.

Angelica simply snuffed out her cigarette, watching as Magnus talked to the man.

"Must be nice." She said, not with malice, no, just curiosity. The woman herself hadn't come from the best upbringing so she had never really experienced or imagined hailing from an influential house, and she didn't find any reason to be upset over some other people having been as such.

"...That's more than I'd make in a year..." Roman muttered, glancing at the man. He had never been particularly wealthy, even on his own island. Usually only making just enough to get by. Even when he had a consistent job, the kingdom he was a part of was often too poor to pay him well. Jealousy rose in his chest, seeing the man spend such vast wealth so easily, but he quickly calmed himself.

"....Guess it's good that we won't need to count coins to get by..." He muttered.

"One, we couldn't really catch them without compromising our own position, two, Kalk plus literally his entire regenerating crew is not something I personally believe the three of us were ready for at the time." Magnus responded as the Shipbuilder came out

"Meet me out back." He said, Magnus nodding as the man went back again

"I'll tell you which family I'm from when we're on the ship, just so you know why I'm Captain Moneybags or whatever." Captain Moneybags said, shaking his head as he went to leave the building and go out to the back of it

Roman shrugged.

"Didn't really care about catching him, as long as he got off our back for a bit. Don't have any grudge against the man." He said, nodding at the captain's words. He began to follow the captain, wondering what this ship would look like.

"Same here. Not like I gave a shit about whether he lived or died, I didn't wanna kill him anyway." Angelica said as she followed Captain Moneybags.

There was a massive amount of wood, a nice verdant green as the shipbuilder looked at Magnus, seeming excited to get started

"Finn, let's help set up the main body of the ship!" Magnus said, his eyes twinkling with excitement of his own

"I'll get my tools out." I say reaching into my shirt and pulling out a blunderbuss that almost certainly wasn't there before which he shakes and various tools fall out of before putting the blunderbuss back in the shirt and picking some of the tools back up.

"Is this really the strangest thing you all seen today. I mean Magnus just showed up with an encyclopedia's worth of knowledge on you and I am the weird one. Well you deserve an explanation, I'll answer a question from each of you after we get started on making the ship." I say walking up to the shipbuilder.

"I'm really explainable, regardless..." Magnus muttered, picking up a few planks and carrying them to the shipbuilder, who seemed amused as he began setting it up with a jet black saw and a lot of workmanship and engineering, motioning for Finn to help him with the bottom and canon

Back