• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pirate's Rise • RP Thread

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter
"Haaa... finally..." a man thought, stepping off of a boat after everyone had left it and walked on shore

"This island is where my crew starts... Only one place to go from here... up. Let's do this, Captain Magnus... that sounded way cooler in my head!" The man thought as he started to sneak about the street to the nearest pub to hopefully find a suitable nakama...

RP Registration

Character List

(My guy really just used the word Nakama.)

A red-haired woman walked into the pub past Magnus, her hair nearly dragging against the ground as she went up to the bartender, two katanas anchored to her hips.

"Next round is on me!" She said, placing a bag of insert pirate currency on the bar.

Inside a nearby pub, a silver-haired man was already several drinks in, his voice slurring slightly as he spoke to the bartender.

“…and then…I saw this boar right? But it was the size of a ship! Biggest thing I’d ever seen! Almost knocked my head clean off!” He said, a blush on his face as he laughed. Clearly he was in the middle of talking about one of his past adventures, though very few people were actually paying attention to him.

His eyes drifted, glancing at the red-haired woman.

“Ay, appreciate it!” He said, flashing her a wide smile.

The woman just snickered, sitting down at the bar and having a few drinks herself, clearly planning to get completely wasted tonight.

"No problem, hic!-" The woman said to the silver-haired man.

A man began walking through the pub, his shirt was open and his clothes plain, trying to get behind the woman before Magnus drew a large cutlass and stopped him Edge-first

"Now now, that's a rude "Thank you", isn't it?" Magnus asked

"Get out of my way kid, you don't want trouble!" The man responded

"Is that so..." Magnus responded just as the man looked to punch him in the face as Magnus dodged, narrowly avoiding bumping into the woman as he jumped back to ready himself as the pub began getting wild, cheers all around though it was unclear who they were for

"Ehhhhhhh? Hey, watch where you're fightin' yah dolt! Hic-" The woman let out a hiccup as she stumbled to the side and fell right onto a table, spilling the drinks off of it.

The man took a step back, before flipping into the air, stumbling slightly as he landed on a nearby table.

“10 coins on the plain guy!” The man laughed, accidentally knocking down several drinks as his feet unsteadily rocked the table.

Magnus chuckled a bit, rushing forward and easily dodging a punch sent his way and blocking the other one with his cutlass, ending it in one solid strike to the forehead and laying the man on the ground

"Sorry about that... Angelica." Magnus said her while much of the pub cheered, not minding the drinks being spilled and neither did the bartender

“Damn, glad no one took the bet….” The man said, chuckling a bit as he sat down on the table. He grabbed one of the still standing mugs, not much caring who it belonged to as he gulped it down, listening to their conversation with vague interest.

"Well, short answer is I researched the island to know what I'm getting into by coming here, I like to be up to speed..." Magnus responded, unwilling to fully reveal his own name just yet

"Uh huuuuuuhhhh...." Angelica said, tilting her head as she examined Magnus, primarily, his outfit and the sword that he carried.

"Hhhhheeeeeyyyy... You're a pirate, ain't yah?" She asked, shaking her head, now trying to regain a bit of her sense.

"I see..." Angelica said, crossing her arms as she seemed to be recovering unnaturally quickly from being completely shit-faced.

"Well, whatever. Go on with your business." She said, shrugging.

"Actually, you were one of the people I was looking for specifically!" Magnus responded, beginning to leave as the man he knocked out earlier began running out of the pub

"By the way, I'd leave within five minutes if you don't want to fight." Magnus said, the pub quieting down as a few people got up to shakily leave, taking Magnus's word for it

"Eh?" Angelica said, pulling out a cigarette and lighting it as she nonchalantly left the bar.

"Oi, I ain't to interested in all that pirate garbage, if that's what you mean..."

"To become the "world's strongest" being well-traveled is the best way to go, and how do you be more well-traveled than a pirate?" Magnus questioned Angelica as he left alongside her and saw multiple Pirates approaching them

"It seems I misestimated how long it took for them to attack... Roman, I believe you could help here!" Magnus called out into the pub

"....You sure know a lot about me, kid," Angelica murmured as she glanced at the pirates approaching them, sighing as she removed her cigarette from her mouth and breathed out some smoke, sighing.

"Wasn't looking for a fight tonight..." She thought to herself.

“Eh?” Roman said. He stood up, his legs still shaky as he walked towards the entrance, putting a hand on the doorway.

“Didn’t ask to get wrapped up in…whatever this is…” He sighed, grabbing one of the empty bottles on the table.

"Well of course, if I'm going to be recruiting a Nakama I generally want to know who they are before I actively try to!" Magnus responded to Angelica before turning his head to Roman

"That'd be because I was looking for you as well!" Magnus said, a large man joining the Pirates approaching
__surtr_fire_emblem_and_1_more_drawn_by_so_taro__13d8e28663c2530903f465bcf9aa9308.jpg

"Honestly..." Angelica sighed, drawing one of her swords, which was a mysterious pitch-black color... She didn't think a fight would be avoidable at this point.

“Glad my name is finally getting spread out there….but I ain’t a criminal. Don’t want the government on my back..” Roman sighed. Gripping the bottle tightly, he suddenly launched it forward at ludicrously high speeds. The bottle spun in mid air, before slamming into the face of a nearby pirate, shattering and impaling them with shards of glass if successful.

"Isn't that half the thrill of it?" Magnus responded, the massive man blocking the bottle with his anchor weapon thing

"You shouldn'tve gotten in my nakama's way." The man said with a deep voice

"And let him get his ass handed to him harder? Here I stand, me and my two, currently anyway, Nakama." Magnus responded, laughing a bit afterwards as he knew he'd probably get yelled at for it

"Then I'll just throw you into the sea. I am Kalk, Captain of the Firebrand Pirates." The man responded

"Your gettin' on my nerves here, Mr. Kalk..." Angelica said, getting into a fighting stance as she observed the other, most likely fodder, enemies, observing their weaknesses, and how she could counter them, waiting for this so-called 'Kalk' to make a move.

“Ay, don’t go claiming I’m part of your group!” Roman said. he stepped back into the pub, grabbing pretty much whatever object he could. Bottles, chairs, even tables. He piled them up behind him, turning back towards the pirates.

“This oughta be enough…and I got my power to fall back on if it fails…” he thought. He sighed, preparing himself for combat.

"Your fighting with me aren't you?" Magnus responded, laughing a bit just as the pirate charged, Kalk continuing to just wank

"Alright Ace, it's time." Magnus muttered, swinging Ace in front of him which slashed at least ten Pirate' across the chest and pushed them back

"I'm fighting for myself here... I ain't getting outta here without a fight... obviously!" Angelica charged forward.

Suddenly, it seemed as if her entire body had somehow become liquid as if she was melting where she stood despite still remaining in a physical form, maneuvering through the battlefield with blinding speed and slashing multiple pirates across the neck, each falling after the other without even noticing her.

"Crimson Waves..." She murmured.

"Only to get them off my back..." He sighed. Reaching into the pile, he grabbed a bar stool, gripping one of its legs. Whirling around, he threw it towards one of the pirates, the stool rapidly spinning as it slammed against the chest of the man. Yet it didn't stop, somehow, the stool ricocheted off the man's body, not losing momentum as it crashed into the face of a second pirate, the wood violently splintering and breaking apart.

"...Though if this pirate is worth his salt...maybe I could get some kinda recognition for taking him out...could make for a good story, if nothing else." He thought.

"There are plenty of powerful pirates around to pursue your dream! As for you, Roman, rising up as a Pirate is a pretty easy way to get famous and well known!" Magnus called out, running forward to take Kalk on himself, clearing a path with air slashes as he moved forward, Kalk rising his weapon and slamming down towards Magnus, who barely dodged it and slashed across his arm with Ace, Kalk punching him square in the chest which sent him back with a "uffffff"

"Save that for when you aren't getting your ass kicked!" Angelica said, drawing her other katana, which unlike the one she was wielding in her other hand was a deep silver and shined a bit as she dashed towards Kalk, attempting to slash at his chest.

"Red hairs right, spare us the sales pitch." Roman said, sighing. He grabbed two bottles from the pile he had made, before throwing them to the left and right of Kalk. The trajectory of the bottles bent in mid-air, causing them to slam into either side of the man's head if successful, the glass shattering and cutting into his ear's and cheeks.

"Throwing Art: Winding Serpent..." He muttered.

Kalk blocked Angelica's attack with his weapon just as Magnus jumped behind him and made a drop kick on the back of his neck, with a grunt of effort, sending him falling forward to flatten Angelica, which Kalk let happen as the bottle did all of nothing

Angelica grunted, jumping forward and trying to use her swords to run Kalk through, though, she closed her eyes while doing so.

"Looks like those two have him handled..." Roman thought, shrugging a bit as he saw his bottles do nothing. He grabbed several more bar stools from his pile, launching them towards the remaining pirates to prevent them from interfering, the stools rapidly ricochetting off the men akin to a pinballs.

Kalk stopped it with his Hand as Magnus swooped around him to push Angelica out of the way of the falling captain who caught himself and was on his feet, Magnus barely managing to block his attack with Ace, the throws objects clearly helping keeping the other piratss at bay, none responding to the new arrival

Angelica ignored the new arrival, helping Magnus by slashing once more while Magnus kept him at bay with his block, trying to go for his neck with her eyes still closed.

Roman glanced at the man.

"Just fighting some pirates who picked a fight with us..." Roman shrugged, wondering why the man would choose to walk into an active fight. He grabbed a barrel from the pile, spinning around as he threw the large object towards a small group of pirates who were especially close to each other, knocking them all off their feet with the sheer force of the throw.

Back