• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece: Wano Arc Part 2.5: AP and Lifting Revisions; The Shogun

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said he couldn't move it upwards, but he wouldn't let it go down any further.
He said that? But according to you he can accelerate the island to 41,000 m/s which would require vastly more energy to achieve?

What about when Momonosuke wasn't holding onto it? It wasn't falling then.
It was, actually.

Majority of clouds disappear and it intantly tilts and leans on the remaining ones on the left side
Screenshot_10.png

Then Momo holds it back upright again right after
Screenshot_11.png

@SnookB; so it wasn't falling then.

It tilting to the side and being "about to fall", is not it falling.

It was, actually.

Majority of clouds disappear and it intantly tilts and leans on the remaining ones on the left side
Screenshot_10.png

Then Momo holds it back upright again right after
Screenshot_11.png
... so you are confirming it was tilting rather than directly falling.

Yes, because there were still Kaido clouds holding it up. That's the only reason it didn't fall. The clouds are never even in contact with the island, it's more telekinetic than anything almost. The island got pulled in by the smaller clouds because they weren't going to allow it to fall, because that wasn't Kaido's intention.

He said that? But according to you he can accelerate the island to 41,000 m/s which would require vastly more energy to achieve?
Because he's not fighting Kaidou's flame clouds when he's accelerating the island, yet he had to fight them to move them upwards.

It wasn't tilting at all. It was just on a weird angle to where it looks like it tilted.

Yeah, no. I didn't notice the Kaido above it being basically tilted as well. The angle confused me more than anything

Incidentally, Onigashima tilting was felt by everyone inside the island, which makes Tempest's assumption of the island falling at 41,000 m/s even more ludicrous considering that even a small tilt can cause that amount of chaos and rattle absolutely everything there, making them lose their balance.

Onigashima_Tilting.jpeg

So one of my previous points still stands, the island moving at 41,000 m/s would crash everyone up, as even a small tilt can make them fall.

Yes, because there were still Kaido clouds holding it up. That's the only reason it didn't fall. The clouds are never even in contact with the island, it's more telekinetic than anything almost. The island got pulled in by the smaller clouds because they weren't going to allow it to fall, because that wasn't Kaido's intention.
That's what I'm saying though?

Incidentally, Onigashima tilting was felt by everyone inside the island, which makes Tempest's assumption of the island falling at 41,000 m/s even more ludicrous considering that even a small tilt can cause that amount of chaos and rattle absolutely everything there, making them lose their balance.

Onigashima_Tilting.jpeg

So one of my previous points still stands, the island moving at 41,000 m/s would crash everyone up, as even a small tilt can make them fall.
That's not even the tilting doing that. The water is washing everyone along. That's why live floor people are standing upright just fine

Onigashima_Tilting.jpeg

This is an entirely different scenario.

They were flushing out Onigashima with water, which was flushing people.

And then they asked "does it feel like the island's falling?"

I wouldn't base this entire thing on "they're built different".

The water could've mitigated the impact on the people inside, since there was water when they were falling.
Momonosuke's clouds could've stopped it, WHICH IS WHY THE ISLAND DIDN'T EVEN CRACK WHEN IT HIT THE GROUND.
Nobody in the Flower Capital heard the drop.
The explosives didn't explode.
And much more

The speed is implied to be fast
The drop happened before Luffy could transform back
The lanterns didn't cover too much distance

Momonosuke's clouds could've stopped it, WHICH IS WHY THE ISLAND DIDN'T EVEN CRACK WHEN IT HIT THE GROUND.
This caught my attention actually-
Screenshot_9.png

Seeing how thick those clouds are, it wouldn't be outlandish to say it landed on the clouds that absorbed the impact regardless of speeds.

The speed is implied to be fast
The drop happened before Luffy could transform back
The lanterns didn't cover too much distance
Not 10 seconds fast, I need to remind you that if this scene was animated it wouldn't be moving at 41,100 m/s because it would look terrible and physically impossible to land the island at such a high speed similar to a meteor, just to not cause any impact.

In chapter 1047, we can see the castle visible tilting to the left side and people losing their balance, falling and struggling to stay up.

And this is what alerts them that the island is about to fall.
20220706_160659.jpg

In the panels I posted previously we can see that the castle is indeed tilted to the left side.
In chapter 1047, we can see the island straight.
And no, they aren't losing their balance and falling because of the tower. They're doing that because they just got out of a battle.
Literally the page after your scan everyone stands up regularly.

If that counts as tilted, then it's been tilted for the whole arc I guess.

You seem to forget that Kaidou has been moving this island at hypersonic speeds up and down for the past hour and they could still stand regularly.

Literally the only time they felt anything from the island itself is when Kaidou ripped it out of the ground and into the air.

We don't know that Luffy started de-transforming right away.
You think he was in the air relaxing or something?

Luffy just used his strongest move and is exhausted.

I'd need proof that Luffy was just casually unconsciously freefalling.

Especially when Luffy is moving downwards in G5th, his hair is still in the direction that represents the north of his body, yet it was in a different direction when he was falling this time, insinuating that he's transforming

This reminds of Luffy and Kaidou having a 2~ petaton feat that was put on hold until the anime scene comes out.

And I think this case is no different, we should wait for the anime to actually show how fast Onigashima was falling, since 41,100 m/s makes no sense with the narrative nor with the physics of the scene (animating the island falling like a comet only to touch the ground like a feather would be nonsensical, but that's what Tempest calc assumes).

This reminds of Luffy and Kaidou having a 2~ petaton feat that was put on hold until the anime scene comes out.

And I think this case is no different, we should wait for the anime to actually show how fast Onigashima was falling, since 41,100 m/s makes no sense with the narrative nor with the physics of the scene (animating the island falling like a comet only to touch the ground like a feather would be nonsensical, but that's what Tempest calc assumes).
Considering the pace of the anime, I don't mind waiting. Won't take too long for it to be cleared up.

You know even with the regular earth gravity 5 minute freefall speed they'd move at 2000 m/s, which by physics would still kill everyone right?

The anime is gonna cinematically stretch it across half the episode
And if the anime somehow follows the stretched out timeframe, most it'll be is like 5 minutes

This feat slaps physics in the face because of the flame clouds

You guys keep saying "everyone should've died"
And when I bring out an explanation for why nobody died, it gets dodged

Well, maybe we should if they give any meaningful upgrade.
The average episode would be 20 minutes long.

If this event was stretched to 20 minutes, this island would drop at
410825.38888889/(20x60) = 342.354490741 m/s

So it would literally fall at the speed of sound.

Causing the same exact issue of physics and this thing would drop with a large island level yield, killing everyone there again, destroying the ground, notifying everyone in wano that a big ass rock just fell.

Like even if we wait for the anime, you'd need a ridiculously slow speed for something to contradict this

I'm so far behind on One Piece it's not even funny. They still on Wano still?
Wano deadass just ended

The average episode would be 20 minutes long.

If this episode was stretched to 20 minutes, this island would drop at
410825.38888889/(20x60) = 342.354490741 m/s

So it would literally fall at the speed of sound.

Causing the same exact issue of physics and this thing would drop with a large island level yield, killing everyone there again, destroying the ground, notifying everyone in wano that a big ass rock just fell.

Like even if we wait for the anime, you'd need a ridiculously slow speed for something to contradict this

Wano deadass just ended
Ah okay. Last time I kept up with One Piece was 2 years ago. I caught up with where the dub was at that point and have waited to catch up again.

Reading through it all, basically--

The island landed
Kaido went dozens of kilometers underground
Kaido goes even deeper, hits the magma but we DOn'T see the impact, just him floating, implying he's been there for at least a bit
Yamato had the time to exit the island and RUN a distance

And Luffy was still falling the whole time with a visible shockwave around him (so it wasn't a slow float either). It's not like he was stationary post-punch as we see him upside down and descending when Momo's resting on the ground already

Either:
Luffy was dozens of kilometers in the air to a contradictory extent to what's been shown consistently
Onigashima descended quick enough, plain and simple. Physics don't matter because Skypieans didn't turn to soup when they got hit by the knock up stream either.
This was actually a really good argument lol.

Luffy was dozens of kilometers in the air to a contradictory extent to what's been shown consistently.
Except he indeed was dozens of kilometers above Onigashima.
Causing the same exact issue of physics and this thing would drop with a large island level yield, killing everyone there again, destroying the ground.
Falling at 342.354490741 would make it look like it's falling in slow motion.

It wouldn't do much to the island because it has so much area to disperse the impact of the attack.

Waiting for the anime is standard procedure, and One Piece is always airing, it's not gonna take long for it to reach this scene.

I remind you that we have just applied a 6-A upgrade after waiting for years.

If you think there are calcs that could be benefit using the anime, we can go ahead with that.

The anime is notorious for padding things out. Remember Luffy’s KKG against Doflamingo? The manga should be enough to work this out.

Waiting for the anime is standard procedure, and One Piece is always airing, it's not gonna take long for it to reach this scene.
Waiting for the anime was never standard procedure.
Literally the anime wasn't even allowed to be used for the verse at all until last year.

Also, these dudes adapt like a chapter every 2 episodes. This is gonna take at least a year until we even get to the fight.

I never understood waiting for secondary canon to show something as support. That's like me waiting for a databook to confirm the height of a character before I pixelscale em for a feat.
I remind you that we have just applied a 6-A upgrade after waiting for years.
Which was completely disconnected from the anime 10000000%, and the method for that calc isn't even half a year old.
If you think there are calcs that could be benefit using the anime, we can go ahead with that.
Not a single one that hasn't been tackled.

Before last year, "anime isn't canon. we can't use it for support. it varies too much. just wait until oda tackles it"
Now its "wait for anime".

Oh brother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back