• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Post-Timeskip Scaling and Calcs #9

The Calaca said:
The multiplier hasn't been rejected so no, it's still valid and 3 GT is past the half point to get the +.
Okay, then I guess we should invite staff in so we can present our final arguments for the multiplier.

I was aked about this:

Gear 3rd is going to be upgraded to Likely High 7-A (baseline) for matching Issho (who has an almost 2 Gigatons feat) and being far above Gear 2nd (Currently fairly above 800 Megatons). And following the multiplier logic, Gear 4th would be upgraded to High 7-A+ (3 Gigatons) with all the characters that are currently scaling to it.

In my opinion, it is fine.

While I don't personally agree with the multiplier, I'll accept that compromise as well.

Charlotte Cracker's Biscuit Soldiers should have High 7-A durability. Charlotte Cracker himself should have High 7-A+ AP and Durability.

Katakuri should have High 7-A+ AP and Durability too.

Smoothie's would be Likely High 7-A+ AP / Durability.

Any other ratings?

The other Yonko Commanders would scale as Likely High 7-A+, I guess.

Doflamingo's profile would look like this:

At least High 7-A (Overpowered Luffy with ease, far superior to the likes of Law), likely higher (Was able to put a fight against Boundman for a long time)

While his Durability would be High 7-A+.

Considering how badly Doflamingo was getting damaged and overpowered by Boundman, perhaps his durability should just be High 7-A.

Doffy could still move after taking the attacks. He fully scales. You don't have to be completely fine to scale to attacks

This is still going huh... I feel bad for you guys having to put so much work in for several months consecutively

Keep up the great work and stay strong

AstralKing7 said:
It's depressing tbh how much a writer's intent can't be taken as literal
Not everyone will have the same interpretations of a writer's work.

It's not interpretations which I was talking about which would refer to something that Oda would have given without information. I'm talking about the literal statements for characters who have been stated to be this strong and we completely ignore than and write them off as different interpretations like u just did

AstralKing7 said:
It's not interpretations which I was talking about which would refer to something that Oda would have given without information. I'm talking about the literal statements for characters who have been stated to be this strong and we completely ignore than and write them off as different interpretations like u just did
The statement does not have a sole interpretation; my points about it were just as valid as Calaca's.

You're doing the same mistake in assuming your interpretation is the only possible way of interpreting the statement.

But anyway, we shouldn't be focusing on this any more.

What? How was Doflamingo being badly damaged by Gear 4th? None of the attacks showed on Doflamingo with the exception of King Kong Gun (which is >> Kong Gun) actually put him down or showed serious injury. Let's look at this step-by-step. Remember as well, Doflamingo is injured at this point anyways:

Also, yes, there's a TL;DR sectio

• First, Kong Gun connected with Doflamingo's arms, and while he was obviously stunned by the attack, his arms were not shown to be damaged in the slightest, let alone bleeding. Also, i just looked and need to correct myself from before: Doflamingo was using one Haki infused arm to brace his other arm, which did not use Haki and was tanking the attack (funny mistake here is that both arms switch front/back position and haki usage in the very next panel we see them, and just to make sure it wasn't a color error, the original black-white is the same, but either way, it's consistent that the arm NOT covered by Haki was the one blocking the punch. Seems he underestimated the power of the punch).
As for injuries we can see included, outside of him coughing up more blood (which can be explained away as him having his healing organs disturbed from the impact on his arms and back) the only possible one I see is that the top right (his left) of his forehead having the skin broken and he's bleeding. The damage is incredibly superficial, so atm I don't see a reason for him NOT to scale in durability.

• Next is Rhino Schneider. This time, we do see Doflamingo using Haki to block his head, and he's sent flying, however, the next time we see him, he does not appear hurt on that side of his face (outside of what's already shown there), and he immediately gets back up.
    • Clearly, Doflamingo had no time to fully block the attack, so he coated his head in Haki, and as we see, he still only suffers slight overall damage, and gets right back up. The only thing that can be argued is that he's "bleeding more" but he's already suffered the bleeding from previous injuries, and these attacks are likely just disturbing them, hence why he keeps coughing up blood.
  • Next is VERY questionable, as the manga makes it seem confusing, but the anime straight up suggests it connects, so Luffy's head-butt went through the threads, but we dont know if it actually hit Doflamingo, but we do see him staggered, and flinching. But I wont discuss it further since I personally don't know if it hit.
The damage from Leo Bazooka does not appear to damage Doflamingo's exterior, as we hardly see anything on his torso until his bruising re-appears in 790, notably this panel (and it vanishes 2 pages later, lmao).

Obviously, King Kong Gun seals the deal and is significantly stronger than the rest of Luffy's attacks.

So ignoring the head-butt since it likely didn't hit in the manga, Doflamingo almost no-sells Rhino Schneider, and only takes slight damage from Kong Gun and Culverin. Leo Bazooka obviously hurts him and leaves a big bruise on his abdomen, but it doesn't do anything more than disturb his injuries from Gamma Knife as far as we're aware.

TL;DR
Doflamingo only takes slight damage from 3 of Bound Man's attacks (2 of which he didn't defend the affected area w/ Haki), and only 1 hurt him greatly (by striking him in a previously injured area, so the legitimacy is obviously shaky). And since we have injuries on Doflamingo's abdomen vanishing throughout the fight from chapter 759, I dont think the injury is from Leo Bazooka, and could be from Red-Hawk or Law's Counter Shock (or both).

So Doflamingo's durability should ABSOLUTELY scale to Gear 4th's AP.

^Also, wow the color panel links are not working for me now, REEE, but they are from chapter 784, 785, 786, and 790. The last link is from 761, though

Hey guy's, sorry if Im interrupting, but there has been recently been a new way to calc lightning that a couple verses are using, and since Enel is all about lightning, I think we should probably calc his lightning bolts with this new method.

We had a conversation about that and some casual blasts are around 6-C to High 6-C. Enel is a walking outlier.

Raigo would be Continental.

Oh geez lol, he really is a god. Oh well, there goes those possible feats.

Just wait until Eneru comes back and starts kicking everyone's butt, than we will see if he's truly a walking outlier ovo.

Okay, Im surprised at the result, but this is super consistent with 6-C Yonkou's since Big mom tanked that with little to no damage. So this obviously scales only to the Yonkou's and maybe Nami, but only when she uses Zeus. This should also scale since Zeus is made of a portion of Big mom's soul and it wouldn't make sense for Big mom to put most of her strength within one of her homies and make them stronger than her. The only thing that might go against this is Queen, but he didn't do much to Big mom, sooo...meh.

I said this in the past but if I'm not mistaken the first Ragio calc was for destroying Angel Island there's also the one that was gonna destroy Skypiea (I know the values from it were used but it wasn't for that feat iirc).

CinCameron20 said:
massive wall of text
Okay, you're a huge Duffy fan, I get it. But come on, Gear 4 is considerably more powerful than the most popular CD. That's not a neg on his part either as Duffy is already established as stronger than most warlords, WB commanders, BB commanders.

@Fix - Whether I am a fan of Doffy or not does not change the facts. Damage was arguing that Bound man was "badly damaging" Doflamingo, when the issue is that: 1) They were harming him, but not beyond superficial when ignoring the one hit that struck his weak-point, and 2) Doflamingo was unquestionably weakened from what he would normally be.

There is an acute level between how Doflamingo handled even Base-2nd Gear Luffy before and after his injury anyways that I feel is being severely underestimated here despite the topic being of heavy interest here:

• Pre Gamma-Knife blocking Luffy's attacks.
  • Post Gamma-Knife blocking Luffy's attacks.
    • Clearly a more-than noticeable disparity between the two. Jet-Gatling was no-sold, but we see later Doflamingo is sweating and flinching, and his arm is gradually giving way to Luffy's attacks.
  • Pre Gamma-Knife breaking Luffy's Guard.
  • Post Gamma-Knife breaking Luffy's Guard.
    • It took no more than a regular haki-infused kick to send Luffy reeling, but when Doffy later uses Athlito to break Luffy's guard, it clearly had less impact considering Luffy was only sent flying and otherwise still keeping his wits about him. Meanwhile, we see Doflamingo straining to push Luffy away, unlike before.
You can not tell me that Doflamingo is even close to his max performance when engaging Gear 4th. He's obviously lower on stamina and his physical health was flagging by the time chapter 784 rolled around. Yet he STILL took several hits without much increase in damage before Luffy landed Leo Bazooka on his abdomen (Again... weak point. Don't make me keep repeating it) and later head-shot him with KKG, which is undisputed as Luffy's strongest attack in Bound Man.

Hell, Chapter 745, Doflamingo very casually dispatched of Gear 2nd Luffy, yet in Chapter 783, he was visibly struggling despite holding the upper-hand anyways.

Why is it so hard to believe that Doflamingo's durability is high enough to compare to Bound Man's AP? He's blocked a punch and withstood a kick and punch with little damage.

@Cin it kind of does in so much as how they are presented. I never argued against Duffy's injuries but you go on about them all the time like he was near dead or something. I mean I literally just had this discussion with you a couple days ago.

Duffy was completely overwhelmed by Gear 4. Was he 1-ko'd? no. Was he injured? Kind of, was "healing' in a matter of speaking. Was he able to hurt luffy at all? Even to the extent Gear 3 hurt Issho? Nope. Was Luffy injured too? Yes, by his own admission, Duffy's analyis, and even your own analysis that Duffy's was way above Luffy up until that point.

You've even argued that Law's DF can be negated/resisted by powerful haki such as Duffy's, so his injury (Which again he stitched) that bad from just Law and Gear 1-3 Luffy? I don't beleive so.

I still support High 7-A Issho, Gear 3 Luffy, Biscuit Soldier & At Least high 7-A+, possibly 6-C Gear 4 Luffy, Cracker, Smoothie, & Katakuri.

Okay, thanks for the input Cin.

I agree with Doflamingo's durability being High 7-A+.

The Calaca said:
Since the calculation as be accepted, it should be added in the list.

Also, considering how little effect the attack had again Big Mom (she was only stunned) and that Zeus is just a portion of Big Mom's power, we can definitively put her at "Island level+" along side all other Yonko.

The Admirals (and anyone as strong as them), considering that each of them had enough strength to actually hold back a Yonko, either should be put at "Likely Island level+" or "Island level, possible Island level+".

While Top Yonkou Commanders (and anyone as strong as them), who can also fight off Admirals with more or less success, should be put at "Large Mountain level+, likely Island level" or "Large Mountain level+, possible higher".

@Stefano; Zeus grew so large because he was enhanced his Nami's Weather Egg. He wouldn't normally be that powerful with a typical attack.

And since falls beneath the threshold for Island level+, I think that Big Mom's AP should still just be Island level.

@Damage why exactly do you think Duffy should be a stone-wall?

@Everyone: can we actually have a legit discussion over the scaling with feats as oposed to one or two people just citing what they want and applying it? I'm legit asking here because I want to bring up scaling issues but not if 1000 words wth links is going to be countered by four words "I agree with X".

@Dr. Fix; I don't fully agree with it as I do think Cin is underselling how hard Doflamingo was getting wrecked by Gear 4 Luffy's punches; even if he wasn't being drawn with serious visible damage he was still literally being thrown across the city by the force of Gear 4's attacks.

But Cin is also right that Doflamingo wasn't at peak performance and was capable of getting back up even though he was being clearly overwhelmed.

IMO, I'd chalk up Doflamingo's feats to primarily stamina and endurance than pure durability.

>>IMO, I'd chalk up Doflamingo's feats to primarily stamina and endurance than pure durability.

I completely agree. Don't forget he has a form of healing and armor as well but Duffy is a character with lots of endurance.

Damage3245 said:
@Stefano; Zeus grew so large because he was enhanced his Nami's Weather Egg. He wouldn't normally be that powerful with a typical attack.
True, but neither Perospero and Katakuri were surprised by the display of power and the former only stated that "Seems like Mama finished off with Zeus".

This suggest that Big Mom is capable to perform feats on that level (since this wasn't the first time she had ever generate attacks of such magnitude), with the difference is that she use her own power to enhance Zeus.

Damage3245 said:
And since falls beneath the threshold for Island level+, I think that Big Mom's AP should still just be Island level.
Considering how much close it to be "+" (+49 Gigatons) and how little effect had to her, Island level+ is still a possibility.

@Stefano

Her children saw a lightning-based attack from a range, there's nothing indicating they knew how powerful it was since it was from such a vast distance, to be fair here.

So it would absolutely make sense for them to merely assume it was Zeus due to them having no knowledge of any other lightning-based attacks on the island, thus their wording of 'Seems'

@Stefano; Island level+ durability seems like it would be more acceptable than Island level+ AP.

Especially since her durability is highlighted so much that is considered immune from typical damage.

This is bound to come up sooner or later . . . Where would this put Zeus' discharge as it was his entire energy (But no Nami) and visibly damaged her (weakened version)?

@Dr. Fix. Unknown. Big Mom was weakened massively by that time.

Back