• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Post-Timeskip Scaling and Calcs #9

Burn Bazooka is already being used. And sadly Upper Yard scaling is dated cause of the official size of the Going Merry being reveled.

That is interesting but at the same time doesn't make a lot of sense.

I mean, being sturdy doesn't equate necessarily to Durability. He could take lots of hits and punishment without flinch. That's the thing the Vivre Card suggests at least to me.

>>physically strong and solid or thick, and therefore unlikely to break or be hurt: Via dictionary

I don't know many, does Oven have any anti-durability feats? I'm thinking if he doesn't he probably deserves some kind of upgrade.

Getting pretty badly hurt by Ichiji comes to mind. Which would be weird if he's the toughest of the Charlotte brothers since that would make him > Katakuri and he no diffed Ichiji.

Exactly. We can't say that the Vinsmokes have a difference between AP and Durability either since nothing implies such thing and upgrading Oven's Durability above Katakuri's would leave a massive hole (like Oven's) in the scaling.

Oven got slightly hurt by Sanji (who is weaker than Daifuku physically from what we've seen), was hurt by a handgun from Bege (who has no feats to even put him above Sanji or any of the BM executives), and most notably him being blasted through by Ichiji.

Ichiji got stomped by Katakuri, and Bege is terrified of the aspect of fighting Katakuri. Sanji is << Luffy who is << Katakuri (ignoring G4 btw)

I think that's enough to consider Oven being the most durable a massive contradiction, unless the Three Sweet Commanders are exempt from factoring into this since they're all in a league of their own.

I'm in agreement with Cin. Oven has too many Anti-Feats to consider that statement from the databook to be 100% legit.

Yeah, I also couldn't buy Oven being more durable than Katakuri when the main canon source showed otherwise. But it was still an interesting statement.

Okay, so Oven has too much in anti-feats then. We'll just bypass the vivre for now.

P:S could someone link said attack to Ichiji's profile?

Do you mean adding the Valkyrie to his profile?

I'm currently working on the technique section of the characters actually. Some of them are a mess.

@Calaca; by the way, could you update the Zeus calc when you have time? Stefano posted about it up above.

@Tetsu - The only time they have been compared was by Doflamingo over Den Den Mushi, and he suggested Luffy "is possibly of a higher caliber" due to him having access to Haoshoku.

Doflamingo had only ever seen Luffy at Marineford and he had not been communicating w/ Law for over a decade. The statement can only be taken w/ a grain of salt, and even if we used that, it could simply be scaled to Gear 2nd or 3rd since that's Luffy's strongest known forms before G4 was revealed.

Okay, we have staff approval for the scaling. I'll proceed to edit the profiles and fix Luffy's scaling since his feat against Sanji belongs to his first key.

@Calaca - so we're making it so that Luffy's 2 keys are:

1st Key (Everything the reunion at Sabaody Post time-skip to Whole-Cake Island before the wedding) and

2nd Key (Everything occurring during the wedding and after including the fight w/ Katakuri), since he has no clear development until after he's evolved his Haki, correct?

Probably have to clarify it like: Fishman Island Saga to Whole Cake Island Saga (Before fighting Katakuri) | Post Whole Cake Island Saga

(Waiting for the 3rd Key which will be taking place during Wano <_<)

First key should be from Fishman Island to Dressrosa. Early Whole Cake Luffy is the same as late Dressrosa Luffy. His jump came after fighting Katakuri, and we shouldn't overcomplicate the name of the tiers. Dressrosa Luffy and Whole Cake Luffy are much simpler and aesthetic for the profile.

Regarding this:

• At least Small City level+, possibly Mountain level+ in base (Superior to the likes of Chinjao, capable of harming Sanji with a casual punch)
It should probably be:

• Small City level+, possibly Mountain level+ in base (Comparable to the likes of Chinjao, capable of harming Sanji with a casual punch)
Or:

• Small City level+, likely higher in base (Comparable to the likes of Chinjao, capable of harming Sanji with a casual punch)
I think the Sanji punch is more PIS than anything, or Sanji's durability when he's not in combat is lower than what's he's currently rated as.

The whole Vergo/Sanji/Diamante/Trebol rating is still something I'm not satisfied with.

Why is the rational for gear 3 Luffy being one-shotting Hody? From the looks of that profile, Hody himself scales from Luffy which is circular reasoning. He should just scale to Issho's 1.9.

@Dr. Fix; it's not circular scaling if Hody Jones scales from Luffy's Gear 2 attacks which he does.

And we've gone over multiple times the Fujitora issue; I don't think the evidence supports him scaling to the 1.9 Gigatons.

@Dr. Fix; his Gear 3 rating is Likely High 7-A, not definitely High 7-A.

I'll update the profile to expand on the justification a bit more.

Anyway, we're approaching 500 posts.

Is everyone fine with letting this series of threads come to an end for now (until the next big revision topic)?

I think after nine threads we've handled the majority of the issues for the series, and we can just do minor refinements on their own threads.

No matter how much stronger a character is you need to justfiy high 7-A with a stat. Until then it is just "at least".

That's why Issho's calc is helpful in this regard.

@Dr. Fix; there's no indication that the attack Fujitora used on Luffy was as strong as his lifting feat. I'll try and provide a better solution in the near-future regarding the ratings, but for now this is the compromise that we've agreed on.

Damage3245 said:
The whole Vergo/Sanji/Diamante/Trebol rating is still something I'm not satisfied with.
Yeah, that's something you should look into.

Also what was Law's mountain feat from Punk Hazard rated as?

Back