• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece General Discussion: Egghead

And Kizaru was able to react to most of Gear Fifth's attacks during their initial fight, IIRC. Only getting caught off guard by Star-Gun. They're relative to each other in speed (outside of acceleration).
Bro is tweaking not once did he keep up with gear 5’s speed and ain’t no way you said he was off guard when it was him that attacked first and got countered… he didn’t even do the acceleration on gear 5, what is blud actually reading
Idk why that's relevant is the thing. Kizaru is very explicitly faster than Kuzan via guidebook statements.
Via Travel speed or acceleration sure 😴 but he still relative so it doesn’t matter.

Bro is tweaking not once did he keep up with gear 5’s speed
He did

when it was him that attack first and got countered
He was caught off guard by Luffy's spinning in response to his attack, and then Luffy used the momentum from the spin to strike him. He even says "Huh?" in response to Luffy's movements, he wasn't expecting them, is all I was saying.

I was reading through some backstories and looking over characters, and... I hate to say it, but I really like Hancock and... honestly, I kind of enjoy Lucci. Honestly surprised the Ginny thing took people off-guard, considering what Hancock and her sisters very obviously went through. I'm also thinking about Arlong and Hody, and their only crime was the targets they picked. Humans really did ruin shit for them. I feel like if Fishmen weren't treated like garbage and Hody had some therapy, they would be upstanding citizens. Even as they were, if they just went around only killing active Marines and stuff, that might not be good, but I could hardly blame them.

Speaking of Fishmen, I saw someone suggest that Jinbe fight Vasco Shot, and I'm warming up to the idea. I mean, he's obviously fighting Burgess, they're both jacked wrestlers or something, but frankly, I don't want Shot anywhere near Nami or Robin, and I want him to get killed immediately. He's a grubby little alcoholic sex offender that makes me actually want Akainu to get a W on a pirate.

stuff using that f ing scan... The literal texts debunks your interpretation and luffy visibly only attacked the lasers...
He was caught off guard by Luffy's spinning in response to his attack, and then Luffy used the momentum from the spin to strike him. He even says "Huh?" in response to Luffy's movements, he wasn't expecting them, is all I was saying.
He was confused to why luffy was spinning... Then seemingly got blitz by white star gun

Luffy in gear 5 the whole arc has heavily outpaced both his light and his base in speed
1093-013.png
1093-015.png
1094-015.png
1094-016.png
1106-010.png
1108-013.png

One Amp and he got blitzed. Same thing with garp and soru.

Last edited:
I'm also thinking about Arlong and Hody, and their only crime was the targets they picked. Humans really did ruin shit for them. I feel like if Fishmen weren't treated like garbage and Hody had some therapy, they would be upstanding citizens. Even as they were, if they just went around only killing active Marines and stuff, that might not be good, but I could hardly blame them.
Maybe Arlong, but not Hody.

Hody was pretty much what Fisher Tiger and Otohime wanted to prevent the most. A person who blindly hates. They didn't want hate to be passed down through generations. Hody has no real reason to hate humans as a race other than the things he's heard. It could've been literally any other fishman that ended up like him. He has no emotional ties to the horrible things humans did to fishmen in general. He just hates them because the people around him hated them so deeply.

Hody is "a monster born from his environment," not a monster born from discrimination like Arlong was.

Hody was pretty much what Fisher Tiger and Otohime wanted to prevent the most. A person who blindly hates. They didn't want hate to be passed down through generations. Hody has no real reason to hate humans as a race other than the things he's heard. It could've been literally any other fishman that ended up like him. He has no emotional ties to the horrible things humans did to fishmen in general. He just hates them because the people around him hated them so deeply.

Hody is "a monster born from his environment," not a monster born from discrimination like Arlong was.

I'd like to say there was plenty of "substance" in Hody

Yeah, for sure, but that still implies that it's because of what he's heard and seen over time. He was obviously pretty messed up in the head though, I feel like someone should have talked to him about that.

Back