• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Discussion Thread Fifteen 3D2Y

After the world changed forever from the Paramount War. Luffy safety returned to Amazon Lily after overcoming thee despair of losing his brother Ace. He vowed he would reunite with his crew in 3 days time at the Sabaody Archipelago. But due to unforeseen circumstances decided to change the time to 2 years to train for The New World this is 3D2Y

60140663-5B44-4F3D-8824-E2F5E6415FFF
93CF409D-7464-45E6-B61A-AF78D576FEC8
5D8887FD-28BC-4300-8AB9-163DD837A147
B9F90622-EBEA-4152-9EAF-ACB0CA095555
BA7C382F-0481-41F5-ABC6-EC10464A491B
One piece opening 14
One piece opening 14

D10DD216-CAA6-4899-A705-6660F7A614B7
E9850260-0A99-4A8E-BCAD-B9EE74195D63

Yo guys, i decided to fully active in OP discussion, so what happe-

> Many hype shit happen in OP right now

Damn my lazy a** i'm really late As Hell and miss many thing MoThERF***eR!!

> Luffy finally got a really good record

Holy hell, dammit OOO, we can do this buddy

I maintain my point that Doflamingo's profile will need a revision eventually.

Just going to quote Xulrev's post here, since it's a shame that his post ended up being among the last on the old thread:

Being encased in ice by someone whose explicit power is the creation of ice isn't a feat that scales to the damage output they attained via use of an esoteric attack (Goken in this case).

Hell, Kuzan's ice outright gets no-diffed by Whitebeard when Kuzan uses several times the amount of ice against Whitebeard that he did against Doffy.

Both points together point to the two feats being incomparable in every way, shape, and form, so that point alone is inarguable.

Further, Jozu is only possibly 6-B due to being a Yonko Commander (stupid argumentation is stupid) and harming Aokiji in his Diamond form with the use of Haki, which is not something that adds to one's ability to flex out of a position like the one where Doflamingo caught him in (arm cocked back, horrific position for leverage, it's actually a standard submission position).

Well I'm only ever able to be on phone to be on the wiki, so when I go to whitebeard's page it's telling me I need to be verified to edit it, so idk.

Well, Jozu is not Possibly 6-B, he is Possibly Low 6-B. Powerscaling is a thing. Jozu did harm Aokiji and fought and held his own against Aokiji for a good while. Doflamingo stops him dead with his strings and Jozu couldn't budge an inch.

He also clash against Crocodile, who could contend with people like Akainu, take a full-charge tackle from Jozu and block a slash from Mihawk.

Whitebeard is not only stronger than Aokiji but his Devil Fruit has an advantage over Aokiji's DF so I don't see what to gain from this line of logic against Doffy.

I have to ask this because I was thinking of bringing it up as an addition for the likes of Mihawk, Roger and Whitebeard but the breathe of all things is considered a Goken equivalent for Sword users based off what Grandpa Hyou has told us and this is why Swordsmen can cut steel, but, what level of armament haki is this considered, and should the likes of Mihawk, Roger and WB get the Extrasensory Perception that Zoro also gets?

The Calaca said:
>Using a stronger character who can resist his shit to prove a point.
You're getting weak, Damage.
I was quoting another user.

The overall point remains the same. Doffy's current justifications are shaky.

Aokiji used an exorbitant amount of ice against Whitebeard, someone who would only be 3x what Doffy scales to; Whitebeard no sold several dozen times the ice Doffy was encased in. Basic math here.

Jozu was pinned in a position he cannot gain leverage from, and that entire feat is more akin to lifting than attack potency regardless (busting free from an enclosed or submitted position isnt remotely related to striking, anyone who has ever grappled actually knows this to be true). Even if you want to deny logic and argue it as AP, Jozu was offguard and in a disadvantaged position. Doesnt scale.

Using Crocodile to scale Doffy is....hilarious. all things considered, and Crocs own inconsistency notwithstanding.

No solid argument scales Doffy to the Admirals' AP in any reasonable way that doesnt ignore context or utilize wank

Aokiji also used an unnamed attack on Doffy + Aokiji:s goal was to only stop Doffy from harming smoker if he really wanted he was really going serious he would have frozen Doffy to the core like he did against Jozu.

Eminiteable said:
Aokiji also used an unnamed attack on Doffy + Aokiji:s goal was to only stop Doffy from harming smoker if he really wanted he was really going serious he would have frozen Doffy to the core like he did against Jozu.
makes sense

I'm just going to wait for @Cin to post a wall of text. I just wonder if he'll copy and paste or not given its only been two weeks since this was shut down.

A huge wall of text is unnecessary. Nobody has the patience to endlessly argue every point at once in huge back and forth messages.

Just look at and debate the individual points in order if you disagree with them.

I shut down the old thread because I knew it would be pointless to get into an argument that way.

Couple quick questions

The earthquake formula was revised but Stefano did a calc and still got 6B so is that staying??

Any way to calc whitebeard and Roger's clash? And if not does the sea shifting whitebeard does in the chapter yield any different results

Eminiteable said:
Erm, that has no reason to suggest that Aokiji would hold back on Doflamingo. He warned Doflamingo, Doflamingo attacked anyways, Aokiji freezes him, it's never implied he went fullpower OR held-back, but either way, Doflamingo is barely affected.

Ever thought that instead of "He would have frozen him to the core" it's just that he "couldn't" at least easily? He only managed to freeze Jozu when he completely dropped his guard and likely wasn't using Haki due to panicking over Marco getting beamed.

@Damage -

This discussion has been made countless times, and the only counter arguments come from "ifs" and "maybes", nothing FACTUAL. The support for Doflamingo are facts:

Fact: He stopped Jozu mid-attack, who was intent on either Incap or Killing Croc

Fact: He was undamaged by being frozen by Aokiji, a character who can overpower the likes of Jozu with his ice.

Fact: He came ahead of Crocodile, a character who deflected a blow from Mihawk, withstood a punch from Jozu, fought Akainu, and came out of such encounters with moderate injury at best.

Now the other side of the argument:

"maybe": Aokiji held back on Doflamingo. No explanation or reason.

"maybe": Jozu simply didn't want to get out of Doflamingo's hold.

"maybe": All 3 opponents Croc went against held back against him.

"maybe": Aokiji's ice is easy to break in general :) (even though the ONLY characters who have done so are Marco and WB, two characters scaling from or above the Admirals. Only other is Akainu, but cuz he melted via magma)

None of these "maybes" are supported in the slightest while the FACTS are all that are needed to justify Doflamingo's placement. Need i go on, or is the STUPID counter-argument going to die out?

The downgrade would put him at High 7-A or 6-C, which makes 0 sense as that'd make him 1/1000 any of these characters he has feats against. Huuuuh...?

Spoilers

They made Kaido look more beastly during the one shot, he straight up tanks a KKG and actually goes right through it.

Since the anime showed it now as lightning can it be assumed Kaido has lightning manipulation and it gets added?

Very easily does imply he was holding back, we've seen Aokiji use named attacks with more effort put in; Aokiji frove Doflamingo in an instant without moving or using a named attack it's pretty self explanatory that he wasn't going full power, it's unknown if Aokiji was trying to kill doffy but if he was you'd assume he'd put in more effort.

@Cin

>Doflamingo is barely affected

That's why he pants heavily after breaking free? Also, I would thoroughly enjoy seeing how someone whose sole placement for their AP via esoterics has that scale to them generating normal ice? This entire 'got frozen so scales' argument is absurdly bunk since Aokiji only scales due, explicitly, to Goken, AND NOT ICE GENERATION. Hell, his official profile even states it's Durability Negation, so why don't we focus on actual feats for scaling?

>stopped Jozu mid-attack

He caught Jozu offguard and halted his body's momentum forward, and caught Jozu in a position where nobody is capable of exerting leverage. That's not overcoming AP, that's halting momentum and putting someone in a submission hold while they're not paying attention, essentially.

>undamaged by being frozen by Aokiji

See above scan and explanation

>a character who can overpower the likes of Jozu with his ice.

Jozu got EXPLICITLY caught offguard. Freezing someone who then falls over and shatters their arm cuz they're distracted is....totally a good equivalence to make, yeah. Also, again, Durability Negation per Kuzan's profile, not applicable to AP.

>He came ahead of Crocodile, a character who deflected a blow from Mihawk, withstood a punch from Jozu, fought Akainu, and came out of such encounters with moderate injury at best.

They had one clash and then it went off-screen; Crocodile was severely wounded by Jozu's punch , and besides how does Durabiity equate to AP here?? This point of your argument really does fall flat. Moving on: Mihawk was caught offguard and had his sword DEFLECTED ASIDE AT THE TOP ARC OF HIS BACKSWING , not a direct confrontation and not scaleable. And 'fought akainu'? You mean sneak attacked him and then fought alongside numerous noteworthy Whitebeard Commanders and they All v 1'd Akainu ? Nice scaling chain you've got here.

The only "Fact", if you notice, is that yours are mistaken at best, and grossly overexaggerative and/or missing context of the feats at worst.

Your facts that justify his placement are as shaky as Doflamingo's legs after taking a Leo Bazooka, man

Got to say, when a bull rushes, stopping it mid-charge requires the Lifting Strength to hold the animal in place and the durability in whatever you may use to not break the guard once the bull comes in contact with you. If you try to stop it with your hands but your durability is lower then you're going to break your hands.

Doffy stopped Jozu while he was charging towards Crocodile, halted him in place, effectively immobilizing him.

Catching Jozu off-guard isn't a point when the argument relies on the Durability of Doffy's strings and not his AP.

Xulrev is making a lot more sense than Cin to me right now. Cin, you can't dismiss the opposing side as just "maybes" when in most of the cases they're equally as valid. In ambiguous situations its better to be more reserved and cautious.

As for the issue of Doffy being too weak... how is this an issue? Isn't it just as likely that you're rating the other characters to be too strong?

The word 'outlier'exists for a reason. In this case for One Piece we'll either have to rate way too many characters as Low 6-B or pick more reasonable ratings for them.

Dr.Fix said:
onto more relevant topics, the animation for Kaido just came out. Thoughts?
Somethings I liked, other things not so much, wasnt a fan of how they extended the fight and made it look like Kaido gave even a little effort, but the animation was awesome.

Honestly wasn't a big fan; I felt there were way to many reaction shots to Law and Hawkins with them showing shock but leaving it ambiguous to who they were shocked for kinda weird and unnecessary.

The scene when Kaido falls out of dragon form had music that went on for too long and really didn't fit the scene at all, also Luffy with that red aura is so dumb.

In terms of animation it was amazing, but, it felt like it focused way too much on close up face shots for the majority of it and it felt sort of weird watching the episode in motion, just me I think.

Also in terms of the climax although I think the king Kong gun was a good addition I do think the anime shouldn't have left out the sigh Kaido made as well as the more disappointed facial expressions when the one shot occurred.

Enjoyed the episode but I feel somethings were missing and somethjngs were definitely not needed.

This episode was disappointing, especially after all that hype. Luffy vs Katakuri is still the best canon fight in OP. Also wish the anime staff tone down on all that special effect, kinda ruins the scene.

Back