• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 995: "Kunoichi's Oath" (Official Release)

You need to look at the full page, the scans were wrong:

"Curse you Drake... The moment we exposed your ruse, you showed your true hide. And that other guy is Roronoa Zolo, Huh...? Always best to take out the number twos and threes quickly. And they've got Judge's son among their group Too"

He's referring to Drake and Zoro when he's talking about number two and three, the he refers to Sanji in a different tense

Btw I'm not taking this as fact since quiet clearly Queen wouldn't know anything, this is more so a reference to how highly Queen treats Apoo & X Drake.

Actually, in the Spanish official translation of Queen's words are closer to the first ones and quite differente from the official in English. Translated, he says this:

That's Roronoa Zoro, uh? We need to take the second and third in command down as soon as possible. Yet, I couldn't imagine that Judge's son was part of their crew...

Original text:

Ése es Roronoa Zoro, ¿eh...? Tenemos que acabar cuanto antes con el segundo y tercero al mando... Aun así, no me imaginaba que el hijo de Judge formara parte de su banda...

So.. he's talking about Sanji and Zoro, not Drake.

The Spanish translation says that, but the English doesn't, so I'm going to go with the English translation considering Stephan Paul has mostly been reliable before.

Would need to check the Japanese to see which is truly correct, personally I'm not going to go through the effort since Queen doesn't actually know so this wouldn't effect anyone's scaling.

What are the chances that Queen thinks Sanji is stronger than Zoro because he has a higher bounty ?
If you take the English translation, none, since he's referring to Drake and Zoro. Which I guess makes sense considering he doesn't see himself inferior to King who most likely will have a higher bounty than him.

The Spanish translation says that, but the English doesn't, so I'm going to go with the English translation considering Stephan Paul has mostly been reliable before.

Would need to check the Japanese to see which is truly correct, personally I'm not going to go through the effort since Queen doesn't actually know so this wouldn't effect anyone's scaling.
The japanese is vague. But it wouldn't make any sense for Queen talking about Drake and Zoro as stronger than Marco (lmao).
And if Queen is talking about Sanji (as the official spanish one suggests) then Sanji should scale above Jinbe, since Queen saw Jinbe with the strawhats.

The japanese is vague. But it wouldn't make any sense for Queen talking about Drake and Zoro as stronger than Marco (lmao).
Queen doesn't know about Marco being apart of the alliances side, the most he knows is he's with Perospero, but the context is Drake and Zoro if you view the full page.

Again no. Queen has no idea off Sanji's or Jinbe's combat capabilities (not does he know Jinbe specifically is in the straw hat crew, even if he stood by him that's no confirmation). This effects no one's scaling since it's just the uneducated opinion of Queen.

Queen is aware Marco is there he found out in 987
0987-012.png

Both Him and King saw Jimbei as well in the straw hats double spread 989. Infact Jimbei's presence has been mentioned like every other chapter by people.

0989-014.png

Sanji and Zoro > Jinbe.

Queen doesn't know about Marco being apart of the alliances side, the most he knows is he's with Perospero,
Literally already said that, Queen doesn't know. He could have assumed Marco was apart of the Big Mom Pirates (who he's allied with).

Sanji and Zoro > Jinbe
Explain how Queen knows Sanji & Zoro (which isn't even right since he's talking about X Drake) are stronger than Jinbe? Explain how it can be valid for scaling.

He saw king throw Sanji into a building. he saw Jinbe roll big mom away. And he actually sees (this is what he's even referring too in the scene) Drake and Zoro against Apoo.

Again none of this is proof of scaling, it's just a monumental reach.

Queen knows Sanji, Zoro and Jinbe's fighting abilities based on their rounds against King, BM and Apoo and still thinks Sanji and Zoro are the 2nd and 3nd strongest in the crew according to the official spanish translation and the japanese one is vague (he can refers to Sanji or Drake, but it wouldn't make sense to talk about Drake).

You know, Queen could be referring to it as No. 1 Marco, No. 2 Drake & No. 3 Zoro and is just vastly underestimating Luffy since the only basis he has is that Luffy got one shot by Kaido and got one shot by Apoo.

The only basis off strength he has for Drake and Zoro is their fighting Apoo (and I guess whatever else Drake has done).

Personally I don't see this statement valid at all for scaling.

So he sees Jinbe ragdoll Big Mom and watches Sanji get temporarily KO'd by King and then comes to the conclusion that Sanji > Jinbe?

Makes sense
sees Jinbe ragdoll Big Mom alongside Robin and Franky (not alone) and watches Sanji not taking damage at all against King.

Now, is Spanish not an official language? Translators are humans and can read into things however they please. If we get Spanish, French, Italian, Portugese translations saying one thing while English says another thing, then it's perfectly valid to question the English translation.

When Queen said that Drake and Zoro are the number 1 and 2 he wasn't even referring to the alliance as a whole, they could just be the two strongest there on his sight.

It does not matter about who he was talking about, the sheer fact Marco and Luffy aren't said to be the 1st and 2nd (i am not even including the Scabbards, since it would lower the spots of everyone else even more) already invalidates any scaling coming from this statement, i am with Ryuga, he was talking about the characters in his sight.

If you take the English translation, none, since he's referring to Drake and Zoro. Which I guess makes sense considering he doesn't see himself inferior to King who most likely will have a higher bounty than him.
I feel that it is a bit ambiguous in the English translation as well

The Sanji wank is immense, as per usual, despite the fact that he has no business being suggested above Jinbe and Marco... You could've picked anyone to wank him about, but to suggest he's stronger than Jinbe (Who has feats against Akainu, Ace, Big Mom, and other such combatants) or Marco (Has fought all 3 Admirals, Blackbeard, and now Big Mom + is one of WB's commanders) is the height of ridiculousness.

To imply that Queen is spitting facts when he is NOT OMNISCIENT is awful (His entire character is full of scenes of him receiving and reacting to false information or big reveals, come on now). He is also probably looking at the people on that floor, which the only competitors are Chopper/Robin/Brook--the rest being fodder atm.

People here stronger than Sanji and Zoro without question: Luffy, Marco, Jinbe, Probably Nekomamushi and Inuarashi + Izo.

People arguably around Sanji and Zoro: The rest of the Scabbards (If I see the Kawamatsu downplay again, rofl), Kid, Killer, Law, Drake

Can't wait to see more of this "Sanji > Marco and Jinbe" based on 0 evidence and fodder opinions again. This is turning into a weekly thing. Does this make Vergo Commander-tier?

Last edited:
FACT: It doesn't really matter what Queen says. The worst one piece readers will either interpret it as gospel or come up with their own truth between the lines depending on their bias.

Last edited:
Sanji above Marco??? Who said that? Lmao.
I don't think that Marco are Jinbe are the same level, Marco is clearly a league above Jinbe.
Jinbe was equal to a rookie Ace who couldn't use haki and his fruit properly, Marco is stronger than a more experienced Ace.

@Lgamer099_99 - Yeah, Jinbe was equal to Ace back when they fought. You make it seem like Jinbe could not have gotten stronger during the time period after. In fact, Jinbe was just as successful with stopping a punch from Akainu as Ace was.

I never argued against Marco > Jinbe, but if you want to get technical, Marco doesn't exactly have physical feats to reasonably put him a "league" above Jinbe.

@XDragnoir - Anything about Mihawk can easily be dismissed since we never see him fighting anyone above Vista. Zoro wank also needs to stop, but I've never found it as troublesome as the Sanji nonsense. I remember when chapters were coming out back for Punk Hazard/Dressrosa/Wholecake and people would say the following: "Omg Sanji is gonna low-diff Vergo! Sanji > Law confirmed!!", "Oh looks like Sanji is the one to fight Doflamingo! Probably an even fight! Sanji might dust him with Hell Memories!", and "Omg, Sanji is going to be the one to take out Katakuri! He's got future-sight too!!".... Now we got "Sanji going to take out King/Queen"

This type of stuff gets massively annoying. Zoro's hype hasn't been as prominent in the fanbase (except the vs Kaido nonsense).

Also, since 996 leaks are out, we should probably abandon/close this thread.

@Eminiteable - I can see Zoro using Enma to harm Kaido's old scar, but Zoro literally 1v1 or 2v1ing Kaido is the biggest joke I've ever read.

Also, since I'm fairly certain the Supernova will be the ones to take down Kaido, the prophecy Toki explained makes sense since the "9-shadows" could in fact be 9 of the Supernova: Luffy, Kid, Law, Killer, Urouge, Apoo, Hawkins, Zoro, and one of the last two. Bonney was in Reverie and Capone just left Dressrosa, so this theory might die fast unless Capone uses plot-speed. This also implies Urouge would go to Wano for whatever reason.

Also, since I'm fairly certain the Supernova will be the ones to take down Kaido, the prophecy Toki explained makes sense since the "9-shadows" could in fact be 9 of the Supernova: Luffy, Kid, Law, Killer, Urouge, Apoo, Hawkins, Zoro, and one of the last two. Bonney was in Reverie and Capone just left Dressrosa, so this theory might die fast unless Capone uses plot-speed. This also implies Urouge would go to Wano for whatever reason.
Or it could be Teach, nothing says the 9 shadows are the Supernova, it may be the Worst Generation.

a guy said that ussop os like a sponge which is honestly kinda funny because its not true but not right

A wild Crabwhale appeared!

I really don't think Usopp tanked another Ulti Meteor off screen considering just one of them looks to have put him in a pretty terrible spot. When he says "Not again!", he could be referring to a number of things that aren't being just being directly punted in the head, including but not limited to a failed attack by Ulti, an attack that caught him in some other part of the body that wasn't the head, or maybe even Ulti just charging at him and hitting something else.

These would be unlikely given the wording and on their own sure, but considering how just one of these has put him thoroughly out of commission I think it's safe to rule that whatever happened previously was at the very least an indirect hit of some kind.

Back