• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1072: The Weight of Memory (Official Translation)

nvm it was the rattle sound effect of their weapon which basically indicated the same thing.
But was Yamato's body shaken by the clash?

Also, just the fact that they were clashing shows that Awakened Kaku is at least comparable to Buso Zoro, especially since Zoro dropped the grin.

People saying Zoro won when he just sent Kaku flying back a bit with an attack, even though Kaku didn't look harmed.

Now, if Zoro had used Haoshoku or Enma then he would've ragdolled Kaku, but that's something different.

image.png

This guy makes a pretty interesting point.

But was Yamato's body shaken by the clash?

Also, just the fact that they were clashing shows that Awakened Kaku is at least comparable to Buso Zoro, especially since Zoro dropped the grin.

People saying Zoro won when he just sent Kaku flying back a bit with an attack, even though Kaku didn't look harmed.

Now, if Zoro had used Haoshoku or Enma then he would've ragdolled Kaku, but that's something different.
Yamato honestly doesn't matter, I thought it was a similar example but I misremembered.

Didn't I already cover this with at least a few posts now that they didn't clash and you've kinda failed to refute these points whatsoever despite quoting them. Idk why you're trying to scale Zoro's seriousness based on if he's grinning, he grinned against Killer but didn't against Monet; not really a reliable method of scaling.

Idk about people but I was arguing against your Buso Zoro = Awakened Kaku claim considering he overpowered him in the chapter. (Also you're trying to scale AP via durability feats again despite that not working)

In the Enies Lobby clash, Zoro used a named attack to repel Kaku's attack. These are not comparable unless Zoro uses a named attack in this clash as well
Correct me if I'm wrong. But didn't Luffy knock Lucci's lights out with G3, and when they made a callback to that in Egghead he used a named attack but I don't think he did that in Enies Lobby.
Point is the attack doesn't need to have a name for it to still be a callback.

Didn't I already cover this with at least a few posts now that they didn't clash and you've kinda failed to refute these points whatsoever despite quoting them. Idk why you're trying to scale Zoro's seriousness based on if he's grinning, he grinned against Killer but didn't against Monet; not really a reliable method of scaling.

Idk about people but I was arguing against your Buso Zoro = Awakened Kaku claim considering he overpowered him in the chapter. (Also you're trying to scale AP via durability feats again despite that not working)
They were still portrayed as comparable.

And Zoro's body did shake from blocking that Nose attack from Awakened Kaku.

And Kaku took a Buso attack and seemed fine before Stussy knocked him out.

Correct me if I'm wrong. But didn't Luffy knock Lucci's lights out with G3, and when they made a callback to that in Egghead he used a named attack but I don't think he did that in Enies Lobby.
Point is the attack doesn't need to have a name for it to still be a callback.
G3 itself was the biggest "named attack" in that instance. Luffy KO'ing Lucci with G3 was the proper reveal of G3

They were still portrayed as comparable.

And Zoro's body did shake from blocking that Nose attack from Awakened Kaku.

And Kaku took a Buso attack and seemed fine before Stussy knocked him out.
What's this based on?

And I already covered that this wouldn't make them equal/comparable when we can see Zoro overpower his extreme bigan (plus it's kind of a cope to interpret it as shaking in the first place considering that visual effect is used for any type of body movement)

I've already responded to this exact point like three times now, durability feats aren't AP feats.

Y'know, I find it interesting that Kaku was still in Zoan form when Stussy knocked him out. Kinda proves that what Stussy did was just a sedative and not even AP-related like some Zoro haters try to say ( to put her over Zoro for "one shotting" him ) as we've seen other Zoans like Marco get clapped by Garp and go back to Base/Hybrid form.

Y'know, I find it interesting that Kaku was still in Zoan form when Stussy knocked him out. Kinda proves that what Stussy did was just a sedative and not even AP-related like some Zoro haters try to say ( to put her over Zoro for "one shotting" him ) as we've seen other Zoans like Marco get clapped by Garp and go back to Base/Hybrid form.
It's clearly a poison or sedative of some form

Sometimes zoan users stay in their zoan forms even after being knocked out like Lucci in Enies lobby, it seems to be inconsistent.

Obviously though what happened with Kaku seems to be some kind of sleep hax related to her fruit.

OK this chapter is crazy af i have so many theories about weevil/bakkin/teach/kuma and vegapunk
so about kaido here is my theory on why Kaido didnt awaken his fruit.

lets be clear Oda is 100% playing with us coz why he showed other characters awakened (and he even put it in their card info) where he could easily awaken kaido its very clear oda is doing this on purpose.
ok so about kaido why did he not awaken his fruit? well Oda gave us many hints on why kaido didnt awaken his fruit.

Here is my theory we all know kaido was called the strongest (even tho i see shanks/mihawk stronger than him but thats IMO :DD ) he fought the strongest of people/creatures and yes he got defeated 7 times in his life but defeat doesn't mean he is near death situation so, what if kaido couldnt be a near death situation when he had the fruit (coz so far what i have seen is awakening means u need to be in near death aka luffy) so luffy is the only one who actually gave kaido a near death experience and that means he is most likely will be awaken next time we see him.
Bro if kaido awakened i might say he would be actually stronger than shanks lmao
edit (also maybe thats why one of the reasons Kiado was looking for a place to die coz to be awakened)
i think Kaido’s final form was his Awakening vs G5 Luffy. Just a theory tho

OK this chapter is crazy af i have so many theories about weevil/bakkin/teach/kuma and vegapunk
so about kaido here is my theory on why Kaido didnt awaken his fruit.

lets be clear Oda is 100% playing with us coz why he showed other characters awakened (and he even put it in their card info) where he could easily awaken kaido its very clear oda is doing this on purpose.
ok so about kaido why did he not awaken his fruit? well Oda gave us many hints on why kaido didnt awaken his fruit.

Here is my theory we all know kaido was called the strongest (even tho i see shanks/mihawk stronger than him but thats IMO :DD ) he fought the strongest of people/creatures and yes he got defeated 7 times in his life but defeat doesn't mean he is near death situation so, what if kaido couldnt be a near death situation when he had the fruit (coz so far what i have seen is awakening means u need to be in near death aka luffy) so luffy is the only one who actually gave kaido a near death experience and that means he is most likely will be awaken next time we see him.
Bro if kaido awakened i might say he would be actually stronger than shanks lmao
edit (also maybe thats why one of the reasons Kiado was looking for a place to die coz to be awakened)
I think Kaidou and Big Mom were just too strong as is so Awakening would make them way too powerful.

Maybe BM learning to absorb her own lifespan was her Awakening
It makes sense she could absorb her own lifespan if she could do it to others.
THEY WERE RIGHTT. STUSSY a freakin VAMPIRE OMFG. Some related with Blood DF probably
I had a thought that she was the one in the control room turning off the lasers to bait her fellow members into fighting so she could sneak attack, since vampires can't be seen in stuff like mirrors and screens, but she'd have to get there and back pretty fast.

Whatever happens, lets not forget...that I ******* called Kaku Awakening and none of you guys believed me.

Scaling be damned, I ******* called it.
i was confident he would shownus Awakening ngl. Oda doesn’t sleep on characters he revealed before like Kishimoto does (no offense but its true)

Interesting, but it's a bit weird how Vegapunk hasn't brought up Zoro before or remarked about him beyond the beginning of the arc.

Cool theory, I just don't really buy it for now.

Awakened Lucci>Awakened Kaku~Buso Zoro

More High 6-A Lucci support
Are you reading Three Piece?
And come to think of it, Kaku awakened his fruit earlier than Lucci, he's probably more skilled with his fruit than Lucci is.
And Lucci got one shot by Luffy while Kaku could at least endure getting slammed by Buso Zoro.

I never understand why y'all do these really stupid comparisons and reaches to get Lucci to H6A. I'm sure there's probably a much simpler way, honestly.
Or, they could just wait for him to get another fight or something. I dunno.

Lucci wouldn't scale to Kaku regardless, Kaku's proven his potential >>> Lucci.

Took him two years to awaken while Lucci took 7+ years.
You can't be serious, Kaido has been a Dragon since God Valley Incident and he doesn't have an awakening, Luffy has been with his fruit since he was a kid, same goes to Law and Big Mom, Law aside all of them are Conquerors, the ones with the highest potential in the world... And Kaku scales above because he got an awakening in 2 years? For real?

Also, Buso G5 >>>>>>>>>>>> Buso Zoro.

You can't be serious, Kaido has been a Dragon since God Valley Incident and he doesn't have an awakening, Luffy has been with his fruit since he was a kid, same goes to Law and Big Mom, Law aside all of them are Conquerors, the ones with the highest potential in the world... And Kaku scales above because he got an awakening in 2 years? For real?

I'm not comparing Kaku to any of these people, I'm comparing him to Lucci.

This isn't the point if you had read my other messages.

I'm not comparing Kaku to any of these people, I'm comparing him to Lucci.
You're using the time it took to get an Awakening to say someone has greater potential, we don't even know how much that actually matters to get an Awakening, it's more than likely that only by constant use (mainly in fights which bring near death situations) one would get their Awakening, it was the case with the 3 Novas.

Lucci was undercover for 5 or so years, so he didn't use it for a long time and we have no idea how much he used it before going undercover, but given he was an assassin it's very unlikely that he had to deal with several life and death situations.

Awakenings aren't related to potential, which Lucci was already stated to be at the top of CP9 anyway.

Lucci is a very active fighter, and we know he's been fighting people like the Revolutionaries and may have even tried to fight Blackbeard and his crew at Baltigo.
Yet he never awakened his fruit until recently.
And the thing is, Lucci's fruit is more simplistic than the others you've listed, it should reasonably be more easy to awaken.
Also I doubt Buso G5 is that much higher than Buso Zoro with 2/3 swords.
Luffy was using basic Armament and one arm, Zoro used 3 swords and 2 arms along with Armament.

Back