• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1055: "The New Era" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Shanks CoC Haki is like that just imagine Mihawk's Armament Haki in the future when we will see the true power of Yoru

unknown.png

They look so cute together.
Admittedly, this is my second favorite ship for Robin and I infinitely prefer it over Frobin

Anyway, the lore stuff with Robin, Law, and Sukiyaki was my favorite part of the chapter. I'm looking forward to seeing if we get to see what Pluton looks like before the crew leaves Wano.

I have really been loving the character growth for Momonosuke, I was expecting big things for him in this arc but the guy is hurting Yonkos and Admirals now, and pretty much told Yamato to gtfo, Wano get protect its own.

And my second favorite part of the chapter was seeing Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, and Jinbe together ready to help against Greenbull. Now hopefully people can stop with the thinking that Oda has grouped Jinbe with the Mid Tier Straw Hats just because he had to fight a Tobi Roppo like Robin/Franky/Brook since Franky and Brook and also Chopper (who got to stall a Commander this arc) were still at the party. And was this Jinbe's first Kenbunshoku Haki feat? Because I don't remember him having any before this chapter.

Anyway, the lore stuff with Robin, Law, and Sukiyaki was my favorite part of the chapter. I'm looking forward to seeing if we get to see what Pluton looks like before the crew leaves Wano.

I have really been loving the character growth for Momonosuke, I was expecting big things for him in this arc but the guy is hurting Yonkos and Admirals now, and pretty much told Yamato to gtfo, Wano get protect its own.

And my second favorite part of the chapter was seeing Luffy, Zoro, Sanji, and Jinbe together ready to help against Greenbull. Now hopefully people can stop with the thinking that Oda has grouped Jinbe with the Mid Tier Straw Hats just because he had to fight a Tobi Roppo like Robin/Franky/Brook since Franky and Brook and also Chopper (who got to stall a Commander this arc) were still at the party. And was this Jinbe's first Kenbunshoku Haki feat? Because I don't remember him having any before this chapter.
I found that part with them spying on Momo's fight hilarious and cool. Like, this is the guy who got a permanent scar on the stomach from an admiral before. Now, he's confident he's strong enough to beat an admiral, and so are his crewmates. Also Jinbe might have observation or he just followed the monster trio.

I found that part with them spying on Momo's fight hilarious and cool. Like, this is the guy who got a permanent scar on the stomach from an admiral before. Now, he's confident he's strong enough to beat an admiral, and so are his crewmates. Also Jinbe might have observation or he just followed the monster trio.
Jinbe's confirmed to have Observation, he's just never had any feats with the ability, iirc.

strong since skypeia and ended right at skypeia.
This might be the biggest lie I've seen this week so far. But you're free to believe what you wanna believe, I never brought up who my favorite ship was to convince anybody that they should ship them as well.

the alternative of quite literally nothing happening after skypeia.
Somehow that doesn't really matter to shippers. The actual reason for Zoro x Robin losing popularity over time is the emergence of newer and perhaps more appropriate ships for both characters

This could be in favor of or against Yamato joining the Straw Hats

This could be a sign that she doesn't need to worry about Wano and can leave, or it's a sign that she feels she needs to stay and protect Wano alongside Momonosuke. I hope it's the former
mDsaNvN.png

What alternative came up in Skypeia to end it?
The dude frankly doesn't know what he's talking about if he thinks nothing happened after Skypiea for it to be the end of the Zoro x Robin ship there. There's a reason why the ship was voted the third most popular ship a couple years ago and is still Zoro and Robin's most popular ship in Japan in 2022. Now I'm going to completely drop this because I'm aware I'm derailing the thread, so my bad about that.

This could be a sign that she doesn't need to worry about Wano and can leave, or it's a sign that she feels she needs to stay and protect Wano alongside Momonosuke. I hope it's the former
mDsaNvN.png
I think that Momo's pretty much telling Yamato to gtfo with the Straw Hats, he and the people of Wano can protect themselves.

mDsaNvN.png
Hope it's the latter.

I think that Momo's pretty much telling Yamato to gtfo with the Straw Hats, he and the people of Wano can protect themselves.
I think the Momonosuke line is gonna be about letting Yamato leave. The whole point is that Momonosuke doesn't want to rely and hold back her and the other Straw Hats. And this is immediately followed by him learning Boro Breath and blasting a hole through Greenbull, proving he is capable now. The narative purpose of this feels like Yamato can leave and Wano will be fine.

The dude frankly doesn't know what he's talking about if he thinks nothing happened after Skypiea for it to be the end of the Zoro x Robin ship there. There's a reason why the ship was voted the third most popular ship a couple years ago and is still Zoro and Robin's most popular ship in Japan in 2022. Now I'm going to completely drop this because I'm aware I'm derailing the thread, so my bad about that.
🤷‍♂️

I think the Momonosuke line is gonna be about letting Yamato leave. The whole point is that Momonosuke doesn't want to rely and hold back her and the other Straw Hats. And this is immediately followed by him learning Boro Breath and blasting a hole through Greenbull, proving he is capable now. The narative purpose of this feels like Yamato can leave and Wano will be fine.
Yep, all of this pretty much sealed the deal for me that Yamato's joining

Shanks' Conqueror's Haki really seems to be at another level compared to the other Conqueror's Haki users. He was able to somehow negate Greenbull's Devil Fruit power with his Conqueror's Haki, or at least that's what it seemed, and he was able to do it from such a long distance, no less. It makes me wonder if he's hidden his true strength from the other Emperors. He very likely knows how to coat his limbs with Conqueror's Haki if he can use it so effectively in other ways. I wonder what a fight between Luffy and Shanks will look like.

Shanks' Conqueror's Haki really seems to be at another level compared to the other Conqueror's Haki users. He was able to somehow negate Greenbull's Devil Fruit power with his Conqueror's Haki, or at least that's what it seemed, and he was able to do it from such a long distance, no less. It makes me wonder if he's hidden his true strength from the other Emperors. He very likely knows how to coat his limbs with Conqueror's Haki if he can use it so effectively in other ways. I wonder what a fight between Luffy and Shanks will look like.
Either it was negation or Aramaki got really scared. Either way it got him to drop on his knees and scream, something even that bolo breath from Momo didn't quite do, though it DID nearly kill him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back