• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1051: "The Shogun of Wano, Kozuki Momonosuke" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Choreography wise Luffy vs Lucci
Animation wise Luffy vs Katakuri
Story wise Luffy vs Kaidou
Luffy vs Kaidou will be the best animation wise, soon. But that's because the animation is improving alot now. At the sacrifice of good pacing, though. Somehow they suck at making good pacing for anything that's canon.

Luffy vs Lucci is the best of the best for a few reasons:

1. It really felt tense and gritty and never stopped keeping you on the edge of your seat, while unfortunately for the other 2 they both had moments that drained a good chunk of the well-earned tension by dragging certain parts out.

2. There was no Haki or Gear 4, just ferocious fast-paced combat up-close.

3. The excellent animation which, while inferior to Luffy vs Katakuri, was really good for the time.

4. The stakes being incredibly high and the audience never losing mind of what was at stake if Luffy lost, since unlike the other 2 fights it wasn't dragged out.

5. GUMO GUMO NO...JET...GATLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Luffy vs Lucci is the best of the best for a few reasons:

1. It really felt tense and gritty and never stopped keeping you on the edge of your seat, while unfortunately for the other 2 they both had moments that drained a good chunk of the well-earned tension by dragging certain parts out.

2. There was no Haki or Gear 4, just ferocious fast-paced combat up-close.

3. The excellent animation which, while inferior to Luffy vs Katakuri, was really good for the time.

4. The stakes being incredibly high and the audience never losing mind of what was at stake if Luffy lost, since unlike the other 2 fights it wasn't dragged out.

5. GUMO GUMO NO...JET...GATLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, and Lucci ACTUALLY was close to dying. He was at like, 2% there. You know how you're playing a game and your health bar is literally at the very bottom but you're somehow not dead, and you know that if you even take the tiniest bit of damage you'll die instantly? Kind of like that. Probably felt like he was getting hit by 6 trucks at once. I'd feel bad for him if he wasn't such a gigantic ass hole.

We gonna act like Luffy ain't die huh
It was never truly confirmed that he legitimately died there. Some people speculate they stopped hearing his voice because JoyBoy kind of like, " took over " his body. Notice they never said " I hear his voice again! ". Rather, they said " I hear the drums of liberation ", which means that his voice definitely went away for some period of time.

It was never truly confirmed that he legitimately died there.
We discussed this several times.
Some people speculate they stopped hearing his voice because JoyBoy kind of like, " took over " his body. Notice they never said " I hear his voice again! ".
Momo did, and half the island did.

If your voice is out, you're dead. Luffy's voice was out and it came back, meaning he died and came back.
The man was dead.
JoyBoy never "took over" anything. JoyBoy was never there. They just shared a similar heartbeat.

We discussed this several times.

Momo did, and half the island did.

If your voice is out, you're dead. Luffy's voice was out and it came back, meaning he died and came back.
The man was dead.
JoyBoy never "took over" anything. JoyBoy was never there. They just shared a similar heartbeat.
Eh. Guess that's true. Also, the way I see it is that JoyBoy is more of a title, it's more of a spirit. It's a will that infects very certain and worthy people.

Thing about Luffy vs Lucci was: BOTH OF THEM WERE TAKING EQUAL DAMAGE THROUGHOUT THE FIGHT

And that's what made it so intense.

Luffy vs Kata was 70% Katakuri spanking Luffy until Luffy just made him exhausted, while Kaido took forever to do noticeable damage to.

Thing about Luffy vs Lucci was: BOTH OF THEM WERE TAKING EQUAL DAMAGE THROUGHOUT THE FIGHT

And that's what made it so intense.

Luffy vs Kata was 70% Katakuri spanking Luffy until Luffy just made him exhausted, while Kaido took forever to do noticeable damage to.
My friend described Kaido PERFECTLY. He's like uh, Jiren or Broly from Dragon Ball, I forget which character he said but I'm pretty sure it was Jiren. He just used 1% more of his power each time and busts through his opponent's attacks and defense. His opponent has to constantly keep getting new abilities and transformations just to be on equal footing with him and finally beat him.

FUVznIGaQAAIGvE

Onimaru?

My friend described Kaido PERFECTLY. He's like uh, Jiren or Broly from Dragon Ball, I forget which character he said but I'm pretty sure it was Jiren. He just used 1% more of his power each time and busts through his opponent's attacks and defense. His opponent has to constantly keep getting new abilities and transformations just to be on equal footing with him and finally beat him.
How is this a flaw? That's literally what made the final battle of Goku vs Jiren so great.

Actually unpopular opinion: Luffy vs Crocodile is better than all the other fights mentioned. It had the tenacity of Luffy vs Kaido or Luffy vs Katakuri, with Luffy going multiple rounds against Crocodile, the creativity of Gear 5 vs Kaido (i.e. Mizu-Luffy) and the intensity of Luffy vs Lucci (The final round had Crocodile resort to poison and Luffy using his own blood to negate Crocodile's intangibility). And finally, the ending of the fight in the anime will always be iconic

Last edited:
Actually unpopular opinion: Luffy vs Crocodile is better than all the other fights mentioned. It had the tenacity of Luffy vs Kaido or Luffy vs Katakuri, with Luffy going multiple rounds against Crocodile, the creativity of Gear 5 vs Kaido (i.e. Mizu-Luffy) and the intensity of Luffy vs Lucci (The final round had Crocodile resort to poison and Luffy using his own blood to negate Crocodile's intangibility). And finally, the ending of the fight in the anime will always be iconic

Eh. Debatable. But it WAS pretty good. Honestly let's just be real nearly all main villain fights in One Piece are good. Except the Hody Jones one.

Spitting
Except the Hody Jones one.
This wasn't a fight, this was a beatdown

We gonna act like Luffy ain't die huh
They skimmed over that for now. I'm guessing the fruit did legitemately revive him fully. Maybe when G5 was initially falling his heart wasn't FULLY restored and he needed to stay in it for longer.
But from the looks of it, he lives- no one's talking about anything relating to his voice again (same as Zoro)

Just curious why is everyone considering Jinbei part of the Monster group?

He's nowhere near Yonko level, unlike the other 4.

Ok, but he's not THAT far.

I mean, he did more damage to Queen than Marco did, so Sanji is like 80-90% Yonko level.
Don't ever say this again
Still WAAAAYYY above Jinbei tho.
The difference between Yamato, maxed Zoro, and Luffy (all three of them) to Sanji
Is the difference between Sanji and Jinbe
Jinbei is Tobiroppo level mid tier.
Jinbe was matching hits with a Rokushiki Busoshoku using Hybrid Zoan with only Armament Haki.

"Mid tier" is sickening

Don't ever say this again
It true tho, so cope.

Did you SEE what Ifrit Jambe Sanji did after he realized Queen hurt that Oiran?
The difference between Yamato, maxed Zoro, and Luffy (all three of them) to Sanji
Is the difference between Sanji and Jinbe
Oof, do you really think it's that bad?

I mean, after the exoskeleton kicked in, Queen basically couldn't even hurt Sanji that much (like how his sword broke)
Jinbe was matching hits with a Rokushiki Busoshoku using Hybrid Zoan with only Armament Haki.

"Mid tier" is sickening
I meant "mid tier" like the Tobiroppo are mid-tier while yonko commanders are high tier and such.

But he still just Tobiroppo tier, bro.

It true tho, so cope.
lol
Did you SEE what Ifrit Jambe Sanji did after he realized Queen hurt that Oiran?
Sanji kicked away an incapacitated exhausted and injured Queen after Queen took hits from Marco, Chopper, and Sanji, and now Sanji scales above Marco
Oof, do you really think it's that bad?

I mean, after the exoskeleton kicked in, Queen basically couldn't even hurt Sanji that much (like how his sword broke)
He dragged him through walls and drew blood using Yonji's move.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back