• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1051: "The Shogun of Wano, Kozuki Momonosuke" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Yeeaah, OP kinda has to work on its Plot Armor.

Like it's not at a bad level where it ruins the story, but it still irritates me from time to time.

Like Pell surviving that massive explosion.

Like it's not at a bad level where it ruins the story, but it still irritates me from time to time.

• Pell survives a massive explosion
  • A little dynamite kills off someone who is more durable than Pell, but ironically only takes off Perospero's arm, while Perospero's specialty isn't even his durability.

Wait he actually died?
This is One piece, he is alive until further notice.
Inuasrashi Fought Jack in front of Ashura's body it doesn't make sense if Ashura is still alive and Inuasrashi doesn't take him to Chopper's after he won because we know there are only 2 Doctors on the Samurai Alliance, Ussop brought Kin and Kiku, Franky brought Zoro. it's a sign that they still have a sign of life, while Izo is most likely with X Drake right now.

Pell's off screen he still Alivr , Pedro Isn't, Pound got slashes by Oven off screen he still Alive, Ashura's Body Bleed so much and I Don't think he is still Alive.

But Oda is Unpredictable.

• Pell survives a massive explosion
  • A little dynamite kills off someone who is more durable than Pell, but ironically only takes off Perospero's arm, while Perospero's specialty isn't even his durability.
Pell Brought the Bomb up to the sky he could just let it go and fly faster than the explosion spread out, while Pedro's dynamites was attached to his body and had no intention of escaping from the explosion the same thing as Ashura.

Pell Brought the Bomb up to the sky he could just let it go and fly faster than the explosion spread out,
yeah but it's one piece so they gotta make him stupid. It's plot induced stupidity. Like when Sonic used a car to outrun someone in the 2nd movie, instead of just running faster than the car. Not saying who he ran from since it's spoilers but you get my point.

All this time we have basically been living through Momo's tragic flashback...

Imagine Momo telling someone about all of this. Meeting strawhats, time travel, defeating kaido etc. That's just nuts

Momo has quickly become one of the best characters imo

I think Momo later did really great things since the last dialogue called him “the greatest shogun wano will ever know”
So I am thinking he will lead a war possibly on the strawhats behalf against the World government

Take my speculations with little salt tho as they are just speculations I don’t want to become the new Morj.

Momonosuke looks raw as ****

FUN17tSXEAI9_Xc
TARZAN!?

******--
From poor Tama's flashback to Momo's speech-
I couldn't read this chapter consistently because every two pages invoked tears lmao
This felt so worth it at the end. Every second of the way, and every bit of build up led to such a beautifully delivered conclusion. What a goddamn ride this was.

Also this mf is a national treasure
Screenshot_16.jpg

I am starting to think Oda was getting a bit impatient to get to post-raid Wano and perhaps that's why he kind of wrapped up the final fights a bit faster than some fans expected. For example, the change from "death" to re-"awakening" of Luffy was pretty fast by One Piece standards. Especially if you compare it to say, the Gear 4 timeout in Dressrosa

Last edited:
1. Adult Momonosuke looks awesome

2. Anyone else think that Yamato and Usopp would go well together, with Usopp lying about his identity and Yamato pretending to be Kozuki Oden?

3. IIRC, didn't Dragon form Momonosuke hurt Kaido by biting him? Kaido was legit screaming in pain, when all Eustass Kid's Slam Gibson did was make him grunt.

Why do people get so pissed because a fictional character didn't kill another fictional character, one that he was never said or destined to beat at any point in the story? He sliced Kaido and gave him a permanent scar, and people complain about that. But when Oden can only slice Kaido and give him a permanent scar, Oden is suddenly a chad for accomplishing it and might have won if he wasn't distracted? LOL. People act like their One Piece theories going wrong will make their limbs and genitals tear apart as they burn in hell fire.

Unpopular opinion: Luffy vs Lucci was better than both Luffy vs Katakuri and Luffy vs Kaido (although Luffy vs Kaido is a VERY close 2nd with Luffy vs Kata as a VERY close 3rd)

Doffy's charms were ruined for me by the slow-as-**** pacing of Dressrosa.

Still an awesome villain though, rocked every scene he was in.

I really liked the fight between Gear 5 Luffy and Kaido, it was really creative and funny, and very well drawn.

I didn't like how it was constantly being cut for subplots that no one cared about, and how in the end all that creativity ended with a giant fist from Luffy.

And while that fist gave him Class P in lifting strength, I would have preferred the "final blow" to be that lightning bolt Luffy grabbed.

I really liked the fight between Gear 5 Luffy and Kaido, it was really creative and funny, and very well drawn.

I didn't like how it was constantly being cut for subplots that no one cared about, and how in the end all that creativity ended with a giant fist from Luffy.

And while that fist gave him Class P in lifting strength, I would have preferred the "final blow" to be that lightning bolt Luffy grabbed.
How would a thunder bolt hurt Kaido that badly though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back