• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1040: "Words that has no effect on New Generation" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
Friday the thread will be updated with fan translations for the chapter and on Sunday the official release will be out.

Break Next Week

Chapter Link: Viz, Mangaplus

Discussions not related to the chapter should be discussed in the General Discussion Thread Here.

Last edited:
Perhaps we can get a good glimpse at the depth of the hole that Law created last chapter

Big Mom can take the lifespan of those around her to replenish her strength and stamina

Joy Boy and Zunehsa were pals back in the days. I wonder if that letter of apology that Joy Boy wrote in Fishman Island has something to do with the crime that Zunesha got punished for

It seems like a fun chapter based on the spoilers, but I am slightly disappointed that Law and Kidd largely only managed to win due to a lucky break.

I kinda figured that's how Big Mom would be taken care of. Not actually K.O'd by Kid's final attack, but removed from Onigashima so Kid and Law would still get the victory. Luffy will be the one to outright defeat her in Elbaf since Big Mom still has unresolved plotlines there.

Now that Kazenbo has been taken care of, Kanjuro can get up and do his final attack.

And it's just downright hilarious at this point how Law keeps saying he doesn't have the energy to do anything else at the end of one chapter, then the next chapter you see him in he still has the energy to do something else.

Well, Big Mom was still almost knocked out by Kidd and Law, and then finally knocked out and damaged, and possibly more, by the gigantic explosion.

If she survived the gigantic explosion in an already badly damaged state.

I hope that Denjiro and Kawamatsu help Izou against CP0. They have not been shown to do much so far, especially as Denjiro seems considerably stronger than the other scabbards.

Well, Big Mom and Kaido are so powerful that they need to be killed or permanently disposed of to not clog up the continued narrative with Blackbeard, Akainu, and Im as the main antagonists.

This seems more like the "defeat" of Magellan than an actual full on victory. Though if Luffy's words are anything to go by, he's gonna have to fight Big Mom again in the future. And without BFR for victory next time-

Well, not exactly BFR. She was first significantly damaged, and then blown up.

True that- but I highly doubt she would've lost if it weren't for convenient wano hole+Bombs that can nuke onigashima and flower capital combined. It just feels like a "for now" thing- and I hope Kaido's defeat isn't like that, but more a straight forward knockout like Luffy's opponents usually go out.

Last edited:
Well, Big Mom and Kaido are so powerful that they need to be killed or permanently disposed of to not clog up the continued narrative with Blackbeard, Akainu, and Im as the main antagonists.
Not saying she wont die just we all know Oda wont do it like that

oh wow i just got it now it makes sense. you remember how law talked to luffy back in dressrosa no one could hear him but luffy its coz law muted the sound dam oda

Last edited:
also the explosion has no shockwaves its coz of law taking the sound off right o.0?
Both Shockwave and sound has relation with air pressure. But I guess law is removing sound by hax instead by creating vaccum otherwise big mom can't breathe and die. So there is still shockwave.

The hole looks a lot deeper than it initially did, but judging by the panel of Big Mom next to the top of the hole, it doesn't look as wide as it was initially scaled to be.

The hole law made is kinda massive damn

That's looks two Onigashimas deep- Someone nerf this man Law

The hole looks a lot deeper than it initially did, but judging by the panel of Big Mom next to the top of the hole, it doesn't look as wide as it was initially scaled to be.
It looks as big when she's above it, but looks smaller when we see it from the side- then looks big again when she's inside and starts falling into it.
Size scaling isn't Oda's forte unfortunately. We pretty much have the rocks around it to scale, and its depth. GodlyCharmander's idea of it being as big as Onigashima's base seems about accurate, though.

Last edited:
Size scaling isn't Oda's forte unfortunately. We pretty much have the rocks around it to scale, and its depth. GodlyCharmander's idea of it being as big as Onigashima's base seems about accurate, though.

I don't think it makes a lot of sense to say it is as wide as Onigashima. Even the diagram in the latest chapter doesn't support that.

I've also got mild doubts about Onigashima's size itself when we see how big Momonosuke is compared to it in some of these shots.

I'll wait for us to get clearer scans though.

I don't think it makes a lot of sense to say it is as wide as Onigashima. Even the diagram in the latest chapter doesn't support that.

I've also got mild doubts about Onigashima's size itself when we see how big Momonosuke is compared to it in some of these shots.

I'll wait for us to get clearer scans though.
Not as wide as Onigashima- as wide as its base is what the initial estimate was (to fit the smaller bottom basically)
Momo's another case of Oda being weird with size- just like how Kaido's dragon form was drawn visible from a distance on the dome to where it towered over those hills, only to look smaller when zoomed in.

Agreed, though. I spent a longer time staring at the fact that Zoro rolled over and there's a lot more blood around him than last time-

So during this fight Law has shown off several new abilities so far: Limited Intangibility and Size Manipulation (Via K-room; is able to wrap his sword in a layer that makes it intangible and able to increase in size); Vibration Manipulation (Able to unleash a massive shockwave on anything being pierced by his sword while enveloped by the K-room); Non-Physical Interaction (Cut Misery, who is made of pure energy in half, and defeated her); Limited Sound Manipulation (Via R-room; creates a certain area where any sound is cancelled); Limited Air Manipulation (A single swing of his sword sliced through Misery's entire body).

So during this fight Law has shown off several new abilities so far: Limited Intangibility and Size Manipulation (Via K-room; is able to wrap his sword in a layer that makes it intangible and able to increase in size); Vibration Manipulation (Able to unleash a massive shockwave on anything being pierced by his sword while enveloped by the K-room); Non-Physical Interaction (Cut Misery, who is made of pure energy in half, and defeated her); Limited Sound Manipulation (Via R-room; creates a certain area where any sound is cancelled); Limited Air Manipulation (A single swing of his sword sliced through Misery's entire body).
And probably(?) resistance negation. Linlin's haki passively negs his room abilities, yet Kroom bypasses her Haki's resistance after awakening.

Linlin's haki passively negs his room abilities, yet Kroom bypasses her Haki's resistance after awakening.

Her Haki was only enough to stop her from being directly moved / teleported by Law.

It didn't negate other abilities from him such as Counter Shock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back