• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1039: "Key Performer" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the official releases are usually inferior in quality, due to splitting up the double-spread pages and having less refined text replacement work, in my experience.

Fully agree. Official translations are usually made to be easier to understand, rather than sticking to full on accuracy. Looking at you "Animal Kingdom Pirates" and "Zolo"

Last edited:
Well, that doesn't seem very relevant to me.
Historically the official scans have always had clearer scan quality which is useful for calcs over fanscans, though maybe it's not as bad nowadays. I don't follow fanscans too closely.

Okay. The site linked to in the first post of this thread usually produces high-quality scanslations.

Lets see
First we need to look how big Oni and the Rocks are
kSTSVE2.png

28px = 42.1m (Height of Sunny's Mast)
103px = 155m (branch)
21px (background) = 155m (branch)
97px (background) = 715m (rock width)
9RH7rwf.png

32px = 715m
728px = 16266m
z1ABLyU.png

So,thats Oni and the Rock/s.Now at Laws crater

Rocks are 716 meter
OYUJnx7.png

21.4px = 715m
120.2px = 4016m

Unless I'm missing something it looks like the exact rock that was knocked off the size of Oni Island.
Assuming it's not 4km, but 16km (to fit Onigashima), and 5.7km deep (base of Onigashima)...

Pulverization: 61.13 Gigatons (Island level)

Vaporization: 7.3 Teratons (Country level)

Vaporisation seems extremely unlikely from a sword thrust though.

Vaporisation seems extremely unlikely from a sword thrust though.
I agree that it doesn't look like vaporization took place here.
It was a shockwave.

Still, we should go with pulverization for now. The anime will clear things up in a year, probably.

I do see some arguments for Vaporization, such as the smoke going upwards, which dust cannot do, but idk, this isn't the type nor the place to debate about that.

To me that seems fine/uncontroversial to add.

In this chapter we see that Momo being epic and is able to pull Onigashima backward. This means that my boi has Class P Lifting Strength iirc. Kaido's Full Beast Form and possibly Hybrid Form should scales to Momo given their similar Devil Fruit and that Kaido is stronger than Momo

In this chapter we see that Momo being epic and is able to pull Onigashima backward. This means that my boi has Class P Lifting Strength iirc. Kaido's Full Beast Form and possibly Hybrid Form should scales to Momo given their similar Devil Fruit and that Kaido is stronger than Momo
Well, it's not like Momo is using his strength to hold Onigashima up in the air. He's just counteracting the force that Kaido is using to move it horizontally.

Well, it's not like Momo is using his strength to hold Onigashima up in the air. He's just counteracting the force that Kaido is using to move it horizontally.
It should probably be possible to calculate at least.

Self-Healing can be distinct from Regen. The Healing page notes that it can be used on oneself.

If Big Mom just set her bones back naturally, without turning them into Homies, then I'd say she could have Regeneration but she didn't.
Agreed.

Not at all. Yamato bluntly states that due to Kaido starting to get worn down, his clouds are getting weaker and letting Onigashima crumble a bit, which directly links the fire clouds to HIS endurance/physical ability. Momonosuke is clearly straining while pulling the clouds, which in turn drag Onigashima. If anything he's actually defying Kaido's own direction with the flames in a form of tug of war.
Momonosuke can't CREATE big fire clouds like Kaido's, but he can control them. So the same LS should apply to him. At least a "possibly" because it's against a weakened Kaido's pull.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back