• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1039: "Key Performer" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So- Big Mom has empowerment AND now regen?
Honestly- if she doesn't make it out of this arc and to the next I'll be genuinely surprised. I'm still on the hill of her using more lifespan to fight Luffy in Elbaf and I'll die on that hill.

I've always liked to theorize about Big Mom getting younger and more powerful at the expense of losing too much of her lifespan. Maybe she could be a bigger threat than Kaido like that, and it would make sense for post-wano Luffy to defeat her one-on-one. If this theory is true, the time for her to assume her younger form is now.

Linlin pulls a Hikifune. It's not far fetched for ODA to do it, but I highly doubt that's the case. It seems like the strongest she gets the BIGGER she becomes, instead of getting younger.
It'd actually fit well if her using too much lifespan not only makes her giant size for Elbaf, but surpass even the giants there in size to show how big of a threat she is. Y'know, if Law and Kidd don't actually take her out here-

Honestly- it's best it stays that way. Every theory I read about it involves Law using it on Luffy and I can't see Luffy as someone who'd accept immortality. Unless it's a case where prepetual youth becomes a second lifespan if the character dies. So more or less revival in that case-

Well, it seems pretty strongly hinted that the reason why the world nobles know about the fruit being able to grant immortality, is because Im (the world emperor) already received it from a previous user.

I could see Nico Robin becoming a pretty good immortal ruler though, given that she knows the world's history, and is willing to learn from it.

Well, was the crater pulverized or violently fragmented? Anyway, on the eye alone, i believe this feat is probably tier 7.

Good point. It is a good opportunity for Yamato.

Lets see
First we need to look how big Oni and the Rocks are
kSTSVE2.png

28px = 42.1m (Height of Sunny's Mast)
103px = 155m (branch)
21px (background) = 155m (branch)
97px (background) = 715m (rock width)
9RH7rwf.png

32px = 715m
728px = 16266m
z1ABLyU.png

So,thats Oni and the Rock/s.Now at Laws crater

Rocks are 716 meter
OYUJnx7.png

21.4px = 715m
120.2px = 4016m

Unless I'm missing something it looks like the exact rock that was knocked off the size of Oni Island.

Lets see
kSTSVE2.png

103px = 155m (branch)
9RH7rwf.png

32px = 715m
728px = 16266m
z1ABLyU.png

Rocks are 716 meter
OYUJnx7.png

21.4px = 715m
120.2px = 4016m

Unless I'm missing something it looks like the exact rock that was knocked off the size of Oni Island.
soooo whats the calc 0.0

@Superscharbe
actually its much much bigger than 4km.
so the mountains on wano are way bigger than the mountains on onigashima (in it are big but its bigger in wano) u can see in ur 2nd pic behind it there is a mountain bigger than these in onigashima and the one near the huge hole are even bigger if u see closely ( first page of chapter u can see how big they are) also one more thing u see the huge smoke after the attack? its bigger than onigashima but the next page u can see this huge smoke are even smaller than the hole

Lets see
kSTSVE2.png

103px = 155m (branch)
9RH7rwf.png

32px = 715m
728px = 16266m
z1ABLyU.png

Rocks are 716 meter
OYUJnx7.png

21.4px = 715m
120.2px = 4016m

Pause.
You gotta look at the mountains here first:
Screenshot_8.jpg

They're right underneath onigashima and Momo
Which coincides with this:
Screenshot_7.jpg

If you scale the size of those mountains to the capital, then the fact that the capital fits Onigashima COMFORTABLY in it, the hole Law made is actually much, much bigger.

Also to find the DEPTH of it- Law took 4 panels for his blade to exit Onigashima and hit the ground. And there were 7 panels of him waiting and sinking the sword deeper. So whatever the Onigashima to wano distance was, it's likely almost doubled in terms of depth for that hole.

Also to find the DEPTH of it- Law took 4 panels for his blade to exit Onigashima and hit the ground. And there were 7 panels of him waiting and sinking the sword deeper. So whatever the Onigashima to wano distance was, it's likely almost doubled in terms of depth for that hole.
Nope. Panels are not necessarily linear in timeframe, so the safest bet is to say that it's at least big enough to fit Onigashima's bottom half (because otherwise, the Island would sink into the hole, lmao)

Nope. Panels are not necessarily linear in timeframe, so the safest bet is to say that it's at least big enough to fit Onigashima's bottom half (because otherwise, the Island would sink into the hole, lmao)
Except it's pitch black and you'd see at least some form of surface if it was big enough to only fit the bottom half of the island.
I could swear there was either a panel timeframe, or dialogue timeframe on one of the calcs before- can't recall.

Except it's pitch black and you'd see at least some form of surface if it was big enough to only fit the bottom half of the island.
This makes the whole "the island will fit there" thing impossible.
Plus, I am pretty sure this depends heavily on the position of the light source... Also, wasn't Onigashima right ontop of it?

This makes the whole "the island will fit there" thing impossible.
Plus, I am pretty sure this depends heavily on the position of the light source... Also, wasn't Onigashima right ontop of it?
By "fit" I mean "fall down it", not necessarily continue sticking out.
We do see 2 birds eye view of it. Here, where it's slightly angled:
Screenshot_9.jpg

And here, where it's over it and a little less from the side:
Screenshot_10.jpg

Both show pitch black.

By "fit" I mean "fall down it", not necessarily continue sticking out.
We do see 2 birds eye view of it. Here, where it's slightly angled:
Screenshot_9.jpg

And here, where it's over it and a little less from the side:
Screenshot_10.jpg

Both show pitch black.
The darkness start a few hundreds meters in. Not reliable at all, again, we don't know the positioning of the moon at the moment.
Onigashima's bottom half is several kilometers tall, so the bottom of the hole wouldn't necessarily be seen, even if it was a few kilometers deep.

The darkness start a few hundreds meters in. Not reliable at all, again, we don't know the positioning of the moon at the moment.
Onigashima's bottom half is several kilometers tall, so the bottom of the hole wouldn't necessarily be seen, even if it was a few kilometers deep.
Regardless of depth, the width of that hole seems more comparable to the flower capital than it does Onigashima based on the rocks around it.
For all we know Oda could easily make it covenient enough in size to fit Onigashima only, or it's just there to throw the bombs in it and it reseals because of the detonation.. Because the detonation we know is big enough to blow up onigashima and engulf a good bit of the Capital too, since Yamato (right after the 5 minutes statement about its distance) said even at that distance the detonation can kill the citizens of the capital, so.. it should be strong enough to fill most of that hole if the bombs detonate in it.
Assuming it's as big as it looks, and Yamato isn't hyping the bombs up too much.

Would Law’s feat even scale to anyone? It’s kinda hax
Looks like a physical attack, and awakening correlates directly to endurance/stamina, so-- it should. Unlike Room it doesn't effect space like scalpel, it just gives the sword room's properties.
The attacks are still just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back