• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1028: Brachiosnakeus (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
Friday the thread will be updated with fan translations for the chapter and on Sunday the official release will be out.

Break Next Week

Chapter Link: Viz, Mangaplus

Discussions not related to the chapter should be discussed in the General Discussion Thread Here.

Spoilers could potentially be discussed in this thread and try not to derail this thread.

Last edited:
So Lucci in Wano👀 want to see an encounter of Lucci and Luffy again to remind us some flashbacks
According to the spoilers, yes, he's in Wano kuni. But i think, we will most likely get to see Brook vs Lucci (the only one Strawhat who hasn't fought a CP9 Agent yet).

Small Edit: WW is a former CP9 Agent.

Lucci is a genius fighter. He is likely on a level with powered-up Sanji at least at this point. I highly doubt that Brook will be able to stop him, especially as Lucci is not alone. The rest of CP0 is helping him out.

Dear god, please don't let Robin get captured again.

Also, Sanji might be getting a dope power-up, but I feel bad for him because he clearly hates it.

Lucci is a genius fighter. He is likely on a level with powered-up Sanji at least at this point. I highly doubt that Brook will be able to stop him, especially as Lucci is not alone. The rest of CP0 is helping him out.
I mean, the collected Strawhat allies could likely technically beat CP0 without much trouble, but all of the big guns are either out of commission or busy with Kaido, Big Mom, King, Queen, Basil, or the falling island.

It depends though. If all of the Straw Hat members and remaining scabbards somehow assemble to help Nico Robin and Brook, that might work for long enough.

Dear god, please don't let Robin get captured again.
Sabo and the revolutionaries who accompanied him have also likely been captured. If Nico Robin gets captured as well, Luffy will be seriously pissed off. As if he already did not have enough reasons to hate Akainu.
Also, Sanji might be getting a dope power-up, but I feel bad for him because he clearly hates it.
Yeah, but he needs it in order to be of proper help for his crew.

You know what? I want Sanji to decisively beat up Queen and then confront Rob Lucci to return the favour of defending Nico Robin in an epic chivalrous "Walk through me!" moment. He would be too dishonored from indirectly placing her in a defenceless state otherwise.

You know what? I want Sanji to decisively beat up Queen and then confront Rob Lucci to return the favour of defending Nico Robin in an epic chivalrous "Walk through me!" moment. He would be too dishonored from indirectly placing her in a defenceless state otherwise.
He lost against Lucci last time.

Could possibly redeem himself this time

Yes, I think that he has likely reached past Lucci due to the current power-up.

Good that Sanji is getting more dangerous, but I am worried about Nico Robin. Luffy and his crew will not be able to protect her if they are busy with Kaido and Big Mom.
Brook is currently with Robin, and Jinbe is probably going to join up with them soon. I think those 2 can hold off CP0 on their own long enough for other Strawhats to arrive. Hell, Big Mom might even indirectly halt CP0 if we're lucky.

Come on SH Grand Fleet, do your job and come to your "father"'s aid... These guys didn't even show up for Whole-Cake, and we're this deep into the battle of Onigashima and still no sign of ally reinforcements? They have a vivre card of Luffy and MUST KNOW he is in trouble by now.

Lucci's portrayal (canon or not) has been kinda crazy.....
I personally do not see Sanji being able to face him. Especially not after a Queen matchup.

But we'll have to wait and see
To be fair, Lucci's only canonical feats involve trashing Sai and Leo. Even if we considered the idea that he is capable enough to challenge Mera-Mera Sabo like in Film Gold, I don't see him being a threat far above the Tobi Roppo (I mean, Jinbe DID practically low-diff WW after getting serious). We don't know what new techniques he has been working on, though.

I wonder how much of a boost this will be for Sanji. Like I predicted, his "current" level of power wouldn't be nearly enough to defeat someone above Jack. The fact he instantly gained High-Low regeneration out of nowhere and durability strong enough to break Queen's blade is kind of BS since just moments prior, he was being manhandled. But okay, I guess.

This better not be a sign that Queen is going to be taken out like nothing. Dude's worth over 1 billion. He should still pose a massive threat to Sanji.

love this about the OP verse, we scale ppl with no feats and it makes perfect sense
That's good shounen writing, my friend. We see how they are portrayed on the verse, therefore it makes sense to powerscale them. Oda is probably aware of how his characters stack up against each other

I hope he doesn't go the Boruto route with Luffy's Yonkou Level strength. I don't wanna see him having a hard time fighting below-yonkou level characters.

Sanji got power up, More Durable and Regeneration even in base, He definitely can Defeat Queen if he use Raid suit in this situation.
I still have some doubts. In the given situation, they may as well be equally matched post-power-up.

Queen can soak Diable Jambe kicks with minimal damage (None when blocking with Haki), and he is a powerful Ancient Zoan, meaning his tenacity is particularly notable. Even bone-breaking attacks would be a slight inconvenience.
  • It would be even more dangerous if he could Awaken, but considering we have only seen characters like Doflamingo and Katakuri (both of which I view being in the same general tier) Awaken, it would be unlikely that both King and Queen are Awakened Zoans since it kind of breaks the balance between the Yonko crews. King is most likely an Awakened Zoan user. Queen is probably not.
  • Queen also has quite a lot of tricks up his sleeve thanks to cybernetics. Beams, Viruses, extendable limbs. He's quite versatile.

Sanji can now soak attacks from Queen, and we don't know how much effort Queen has to put to damage him at the moment.
  • He still has Raid suit in reserve. However, we have 0 evidence of Diable Jambe stacking with Raid Suit at this moment, so it may actually be a detriment to his attack power--which is already insufficient in dealing lasting damage to Queen.
  • There's still potential he has not reached the peak of his current development, so he may become stronger still.
At the moment, Queen currently has the advantage under the assumption that Sanji's regeneration could slow down over time, and also because Queen has potential OHKO potential (Via poison/virus weaponry). Inb4 Sanji gains immunity to viruses, rip.

Brook is currently with Robin, and Jinbe is probably going to join up with them soon. I think those 2 can hold off CP0 on their own long enough for other Strawhats to arrive. Hell, Big Mom might even indirectly halt CP0 if we're lucky.

Come on SH Grand Fleet, do your job and come to your "father"'s aid... These guys didn't even show up for Whole-Cake, and we're this deep into the battle of Onigashima and still no sign of ally reinforcements? They have a vivre card of Luffy and MUST KNOW he is in trouble by now.

To be fair, Lucci's only canonical feats involve trashing Sai and Leo. Even if we considered the idea that he is capable enough to challenge Mera-Mera Sabo like in Film Gold, I don't see him being a threat far above the Tobi Roppo (I mean, Jinbe DID practically low-diff WW after getting serious). We don't know what new techniques he has been working on, though.
The Boss of the strongest organization of the World Government weaker than the Tobbi Roppo? Nah i highly doubt that

Fair but I'm mostly talking about story portrayal.
He's the only pre timeskip antagonist that has received some proper post timeskip portrayal. And he's not really doing unimportant work.
He(or CP0 as a whole) has had a hand in some rather important events.
He also has quite some relevance as the spoilers show.

We literally had no reference beforehand for the tobi roppo. Just typical 1 arc bad guy subordinates so I'm not even going to put them in the same sentence as lucci.....

Yes I'm kinda biased idc lol

Yikes, we still have 3 fights outside of the Monster trio going on (Ignoring Big Mom's fight since I feel like that will just be a stalemate until after the battle is over).

And since CP0 is making their move, yet another fight is setting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back