• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1027: "Danger beyond Imagination" (Official Release)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eminiteable

He/Him
Friday the thread will be updated with fan translations for the chapter and on Sunday the official release will be out.

No Break Next Week

Chapter Link: Viz, Mangaplus

Discussions not related to the chapter should be discussed in the General Discussion Thread Here.

Spoilers could potentially be discussed in this thread and try not to derail this thread.

Last edited:
1. Do I hear 6-B King?

2. Luffy and Kaido are in the endgame now.

3. No break again? Damn, Oda's on overdrive!

I don't understand why 1st Commanders aren't considered comparable to each other, just like the Yonkou.

Marco: 6-B
King: 6-B
Katakuri: 6-C

Poor man getting one shot by everyone.
Benn Beckman is equal to his Yonko leader

Marco can fight King and Queen at the same time

Katakuri's barely stronger than WCI Luffy

Yonko have a statement of being comparable.
YC1 isn't even a canon phrase. "First commanders" that's not a thing.

Anyways, 6-B King has been a thing since he cut off Marco's wing and matched him in.a 1v1.

KKZ (King kills Zoro) is more justified at this point.

King has been maxing him out in base form. Hasn't even went hybrid.
The moment he goes Hybrid Zoro almost gets thrown off the island.
Ridiculous

KKZ (King kills Zoro) is more justified at this point.

King has been maxing him out in base form. Hasn't even went hybrid.
The moment he goes Hybrid Zoro almost gets thrown off the island.
Ridiculous
Even when he Fought Marco he doesn't use his DF power. Zoro kill King make Zoro far Stronger than Marco. Zoro wouldn't Die, he's the stars of this arc. You feel me aight.

Marco can fight King and Queen at the same time
Anyways, 6-B King has been a thing since he cut off Marco's wing and matched him in.a 1v1.
These are two obviously conflicting statements. But yeah, Marco is a tank, he couldn't actually fight them at the same time, he could tank and hold them off at the same time, two different things.

These are two obviously conflicting statements. But yeah, Marco is a tank, he couldn't actually fight them at the same time, he could tank and hold them off at the same time, two different things.
King can hurt him which means he scales, but AP isn't everything in a fight. That's where I was coming from

King can hurt him which means he scales, but AP isn't everything in a fight. That's where I was coming from
I see, fair enough. But I was talking about AP, so I though you were talking about it too. Sorry, you see how I got sort of confused.

Either way, still, poor man Katakuri (he might be higher in 6-C if a bigger Dressrosa gets accepted)

I don't understand why 1st Commanders aren't considered comparable to each other, just like the Yonkou.

Marco: 6-B
King: 6-B
Katakuri: 6-C

Poor man getting one shot by everyone.
Especially since Perospero was actually winning against a (wounded and fatigued) Neko, who is equal to Jack. Wounded Neko < Pero < Snack < Cracker < Katakuri canonically. You'd think Jack shouldn't be too far behind King/Queen. I mean, he only ever lost to Super-Saiyan versions of people equal to him (once was a 2v1... imagine Namek Frieza having to fight both SS Goku and Vegeta. That's basically Jack lol).

Neko and and Inu could also draw blood from Kaido in their base forms just like the other Scabbards. In their Sulong forms, they're even stronger.

----

King literally ate a second named attack from Zoro and all it did was break his mask and bruise him. This dude is gonna take everything just for Zoro to land a fatal strike. Base King's already equal to Haki-amp'd Zoro, so I think we can all agree Zoro's gonna have to go all out if this is all the damage Zoro can do currently.
  • Also, rather strange that we're focusing more on King's fight. Queen has to go down first by shounen-law. Makes me wonder how Sanji's fight is going since it is off-panel.
I see Zoro has some pseudo-flight via using two swords as propellers 🤔 .Now all Monster Trio have a method of flying.

Hopefully Yamato quickly helps Momo make flame clouds and can turn back around and assist Luffy against Kaido. But since Kaido is getting tired from all the people he has fought, perhaps he'll actually be lowered down to Luffy's level just enough for Luffy to pull the W.
  • People have been disrespecting Kaido a little bit, but tbf, he took on the Red Scabbards + Izo, the 5 Supernova (albeit with help), Luffy w/ Haoshoku, and then he chased and "killed" Kin'emon, and then fought Yamato in a relatively mid~high-diff fight. Now he has to fight Luffy again after taking a few hits from him and Yamato.
I'm surprised that Law and Kid are able to hold Big Mom back, and going from the situation, we know she is using some Haoshoku. She really has to be getting outsmarted because I refuse to believe Kid and Law can match her head-on.

Last edited:
Thought we considered that to be the case since the others did it, and we know there was a short skirmish once they all hit the ground, since Kaido lands a solid hit on each of the scabbards and leaves them lightly wounded.

In any case, Ashura was one of the people to stab Kaido here, and we know Inu could go even with him (before even getting his sword to replace his missing leg), and Neko is equal to Inu.

Thought we considered that to be the case since the others did it

and we know there was a short skirmish once they all hit the groundsince Kaido lands a solid hit on each of the scabbards and leaves them lightly wounded.

In any case, Ashura was one of the people to stab Kaido here, and we know Inu could go even with him (before even getting his sword to replace his missing leg), and Neko is equal to Inu.
We never see Raizo harm him in the sunacchi moment so personally I wouldn't consider it that way.

We don't know that tbf, from what we can see that's immediately after they landed based off the dust still in the air and Kaido's posture. Most likely the Scabbards were injured from the fall.

While Ashura and Inurasaha clashed we don't know if in that moment Ashura was using Ryuo (plus if the Ryuo they used was Goken Inurasaha wouldn't scale at all for clashing)

I am okay with it, but I suspect (hope) it is just a partial transformation. Seems too underwhelming. Nothing bad, just doesn't do "enough"... just arm-wings and a head decoration? mmm... 🤷‍♂️
Pretty much Ulti except not all the way

I find it particularly strange for King's normal wings to vanish. It makes sense for how King's current form works. Big feathers would add wind resistance, reducing the speed King gains from using his Pteranodon wings. But what if King has multiple variations? What if he has a form where he keeps all his limbs and grows the extra wings, and can wield his blade with his normal arms? He'd have a lot of reach and coverage thanks to his 4 wings while retaining his normal mobility. King may also grow talons on his feet and hands.

Going based on what the fodder said, King was fighting Zoro using his base form exclusively up until Zoro broke part of his mask. King must feel much shame about himself since he was pushed to such levels of anger just because a part of what is covering his BODY was damaged. He instantly went into Zoan and sliced at everything around him. Almost even Queen before storming off and abandoning his post to pursue the one who damaged the mask. This dude must not love himself at all.

King definitely has a weird side to his lunarian heritage.
And now we see skin and hair.
I wanna know the full story

Oooh, shet.

We can actually see the full split this time, I'mma do some quick maths for future reference.

(We'll only get the timeframe next year, but we can probably use Big Mom's timeframe as an assumption)

92ikQag.png

Onigashima's eye: 5px/863.28m

Cloud Split Width: 325px = (325/5)*863.28 = 56113.2m

Divide that by 2: 28056.6m (Radius 1)

Using the exact same method as the currently accepted calculation of Big Mom

Using the same timeframe as Big Mom's split (4s)

28056.6m/4 Seconds = 7014.15m/s

Finding cloud mass

Panel Height: 397px
  • 2atan(tan(70/2)*(325/397)) = 0.740035509 rad or 42,400911355621º
Distance from the screen: 72333m

Height of Clouds is 8000 Meters (same as used for other Wano cloud calculations)

Volume (Elliptical Cylinder) = 51,004,838,640,248m³

Multiply by 1.003 to get the mass of: 5.11578532e13kg

KE = (0.5)(Mass)(Velocity^2)

(0.5)(5.11578532e13)(7014.15^2) = 300,77 Gigatons of TNT (Large Island Level)
Well, worth a shot.

Oooh, shet.

We can actually see the full split this time, I'mma do some quick maths for future reference.

(We'll only get the timeframe next year, but we can probably use Big Mom's timeframe as an assumption)

92ikQag.png

Onigashima's eye: 5px/863.28m

Cloud Split Width: 325px = (325/5)*863.28 = 56113.2m

Divide that by 2: 28056.6m (Radius 1)

Using the exact same method as the currently accepted calculation of Big Mom

Using the same timeframe as Big Mom's split (4s)

28056.6m/4 Seconds = 7014.15m/s

Finding cloud mass

Panel Height: 397px
  • 2atan(tan(70/2)*(325/397)) = 0.740035509 rad or 42,400911355621º
Distance from the screen: 72333m

Height of Clouds is 8000 Meters (same as used for other Wano cloud calculations)

Volume (Elliptical Cylinder) = 51,004,838,640,248m³

Multiply by 1.003 to get the mass of: 5.11578532e13kg

KE = (0.5)(Mass)(Velocity^2)

(0.5)(5.11578532e13)(7014.15^2) = 300,77 Gigatons of TNT (Large Island Level)
Well, worth a shot.
from Mitch's calc Onigashima's fly 11km above Sea level, meaning the Clouds will be closer of course Timeframe less than 4 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back