• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

One Piece Chapter 1013: "Anarchy in the Big Mom" (Official Release)

So Luffy lost a second time against Kaido ... It is actually not the first time this has happened. Luffy vs Kaido seems to be roughly repeating the Luffy vs Crocodile story arc :
The first fight being an absolute stomp > Luffy returns with improved knowledge but still loses > Luffy finally wins the third time around ??
Wouldn't this be the third time he's lost since he got knocked out by the Ragnarok, he just had benefit of people protecting him while he was down then unlike here.

Wouldn't this be the third time he's lost since he got knocked out by the Ragnarok, he just had benefit of people protecting him while he was down then unlike here.
Well, Kaido is a harder threat than anything before, it makes sense Luffy would need an extra defeat. Iirc Lucci also defeated him twice until Jet Gatling, same goes for Kata (+ the third defeat after he clashed with Snakeman).

Yamato saves him and those two and MAYBE someone else will end up facing off against Kaido.

I really wanna know whats going on with King and Marco.

If you thinking Luffy will get his awekening power this arc what do you think will it look like? Personally i think he get similar power like Gentle from Mha.
I honestly think it will be just like doffy and katakuri's awakenings which will allow him to transmutate objects into rubber kaido will probably drop onigashima on flower capital and Luffy will use the awakening to save everyone the final fight will probably happen in front of everyone from the flower capital

42ef3c9a619fab30448cb83b58f6b81be04c5f5384b50d936e0394592a519f89.jpg

But seriously tho I cannot wait to see them back to outside world and see how much chaos they miss. It’s crazy that this time Luffy is not at the center of the problem lol, i mean i know that inside Wano is pretty bad too but when you compared it to the outside is pretty wild
What chaos is there going on outside rn though?

What an unexpected chapter, proving once again, that the only predictable thing about One Piece is just how unpredictable it is ...

A bad day for Big Mom's older homies ... Zeus got eaten and Prometheus got rejected immediately.

So Luffy lost a second time against Kaido ... It is actually not the first time this has happened. Luffy vs Kaido seems to be roughly repeating the Luffy vs Crocodile story arc :
The first fight being an absolute stomp > Luffy returns with improved knowledge but still loses > Luffy finally wins the third time around ??

What does everyone think?

Personally, I think it will be beyond badass if Luffy punches Kaido down through Onigashima like he did to Crocodile up through the bedrock
He technically lost 3 times now though,

First was one-shot by thunder bagua
Second was one-shotted by Ragnarok
Third time he was KO'ed from the roof.

First time Luffy ever took so many Ls against the same enemy.

He technically lost 3 times now though,

First was one-shot by thunder bagua
Second was one-shotted by Ragnarok
Third time he was KO'ed from the roof.

First time Luffy ever took so many Ls against the same enemy.
I mean, personally I don't really count the second one as a separate L but I can see your point

Also did Mama literally soul crushed Zeus?
I was close to entering the OP world and punching BM so that Nami would get a damn power up when it happened so i may have not paid attention to the details, but yeah she technically soul crushed Zeus.

She didn't destroy Zeus's soul (not that kind of soul crush), she likely just crushed it into pieces that were later absorbed by Hera.

Big Mom's new combo technique is pretty cool.

I'm glad that her fighting style keeps getting expanded.
Now that you said that, i guess she is the fighter with more versatility in the verse no? From the top of my head i can't remember anyone with more powers than Big Mom.

Now that you said that, i guess she is the fighter with more versatility in the verse no? From the top of my head i can't remember anyone with more powers than Big Mom.
Doflamingo has a high degree of versatility, but I think Big Mom is outdoing him by now.

I think that Law has even more hax than she does, but he obviously cannot match her raw power yet.

Yeah i think Doffy is up there, Law is as well, but that's just Akuma no mi, when including Haki BM has more than the two.
Doflamingo's abilities were setting up for something crazy given that he was also awakened, but for some reason he was written as only figuring out how to make stacks of threads into spikes and forgot about the rest of his abilities... eh.

Up to chapter 781 he was revealing new ways he had learned to use string, then we see that he Awakened and could turn everything around him into thread. What's he do? Spams the same attack for 6 chapters straight until he got bonk'd on the head.

Last edited:
forgot about the rest of his abilities... eh.
Spams the same attack for 6 chapters straight until he got bonk'd on the head.
Doffy and Kid are blood related by any chance? Lmao, both have a lot of potential with their DFs that isn't used, granted Doffy did many different things pre-awakening and Kid used 3 things that aren't punches in the rooftop, but they could do a lot more... meh.

Well, BM has 2 elements, her soul related powers and crazy good haki, and i think she has even more potential than Doffy/Kid, IMO Big Mom > All.

Doflamingo's abilities were setting up for something crazy given that he was also awakened, but for some reason he was written as only figuring out how to make stacks of threads into spikes and forgot about the rest of his abilities... eh.

Up to chapter 781 he was revealing new ways he had learned to use string, then we see that he Awakened and could turn everything around him into thread. What's he do? Spams the same attack for 6 chapters straight until he got bonk'd on the head.
The "intelligence" of Fictional smart/inventive characters is limited by the imagination/intelligence of their creator. Now, while Oda himself is almost superhumanly imaginative, his attention to individual characters suffers a bit because of the huge world and cast of characters he has invented - which, I think is the most likely explanation for Doffy's kinda lacklustre Awakening

Doffy and Kid are blood related by any chance? Lmao, both have a lot of potential with their DFs that isn't used, granted Doffy did many different things pre-awakening and Kid used 3 things that aren't punches in the rooftop, but they could do a lot more... meh.

Well, BM has 2 elements, her soul related powers and crazy good haki, and i think she has even more potential than Doffy/Kid, IMO Big Mom > All.
I don't deny Big Mom having more versatility, but Doflamingo kept revealing new powers every time we thought he was finished:
  • Somehow controlling people since his debut,
  • Somehow cut off Oars Jr's Leg/Crocodile's head
  • Capable of flight
  • Haoshoku
  • Seemingly resistant to both heat and cold (feats against Aokiji and Sanji with no apparent use of Haki)
  • Making a massive thread that's engulfed in flames.
  • Capable of weaving clones that look identical to him... which also shows he has color manipulation (Goshikito also potentially being made from transparent threads via the name and the fact that only Haki users have even noticed them)
  • Busoshoku Haki on objects that are not just his body--which is something we had not actually SEEN before (despite implications on character like WB when he stabbed Aokiji, and when Rayleigh cut Kizaru). The next character was Zoro)
  • Capable of generating potentially millions of threads at once that are virtually indestructible and closed off an island.
  • Could take control of countless people at once
  • Capable of telekinetically controlling threads, first made abundantly clear when he used Full Blight on Law.
  • Made a massive spider-web shaped shield almost instantly, showing he can also make barriers
  • Could create threads inside his body that were capable of preventing a life-ending injury, and basically made his organs work again
  • Could use Haoshoku in conjunction with physical strikes--Luffy and Doflamingo being the first ones to showcase this.
  • Could also use threads on his own body to help boost his physical attack power--basically emulating enhancement-type Paramecia
After all this, you start to wonder "Ooo, I wonder what else he's going to do":
  • Turns literally everything around him into thread. His potential for creativity is limitless now!
... Then he only uses one type of attack with slight variations before getting popped. He didn't even use any of his previous abilities except the spider-web. Imagine if he tricked Gear 4th Luffy by using his Awakening to spawn a bunch of dopple-gangers like before, only this time more of them, and also made it rain individual threads that were hard to see. Nope, spikes. Just spikes.

----

I feel like Big Mom is somewhat suffering from this problem as well... I'm waiting for her to stop randomly swinging Napoleon around against stronger opponents, and just take them out with crazy abilities.

The "intelligence" of Fictional smart/inventive characters is limited by the imagination/intelligence of their creator. Now, while Oda himself is almost superhumanly imaginative, his attention to individual characters suffers a bit because of the huge world and cast of characters he has invented - which, I think is the most likely explanation for Doffy's kinda lacklustre Awakening
Also cuz 95% of the fight was off-panel, let's be honest.

Sadly, when talking about powers, 60% of his creativity goes to random akuma no mi and Luffy, the rest of the crew does not get that much of his creativity, the ones with creative powers in the crew nearly don't fight.

Back